Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

KentuckyFriedBonBon posted:

Breonna's ex boyfriend was a drug dealer, but she was trying to move on with her life. iirc, he was telling people wanting money from him that Breonna had his money, and cops went, 'this seems credible'. The boyfriend who shot at the police thought that Breonna's ex was breaking into her house. No one realized Breonna had been shot until her boyfriend called the police, unaware that the people who broke in and shot at them were cops.

The Daily did a pretty good two-episode breakdown of what happened, if you don't mind podcasts.

Not that her current boyfriend being a drug dealer would have made it ok but this is a key bit of information I actually didnt know and Im glad to learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

RagnarokAngel posted:

Not that her current boyfriend being a drug dealer would have made it ok but this is a key bit of information I actually didnt know and Im glad to learn.

Same here. I can't be the only one that conflated the current and ex boyfriends

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

RagnarokAngel posted:

Important to know the cops fabricated a claim that she was recieved the ex's mail there from the post office, which the local postmaster denied

So shockingly the cops lied about everything and shouldn't have been there in the first place. People are of course extremely curious as to why the police thought this was a good idea and there are unsubstantiated claims (based unfortunately on very little and the police are being more tight lipped than normal here) that this was a classic intimidation to move tactic for a land parcel

https://www.wdrb.com/in-depth/louis...b341bd2866.html

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"the media has an agenda to paint the president in a certain light so we should always listen to the unbiased president himself who says he's doing better than any human in history."

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

RagnarokAngel posted:

her ex who was already in custody when they knocked on her door. also all their body cams were off

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

InsertPotPun posted:

"the media has an agenda to paint the president in a certain light so we should always listen to the unbiased president himself who says he's doing better than any human in history."
The whole thing was logicalfallacies101.txt, but I think they confused themselves by writing paragraphs.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

The whole thing was logicalfallacies101.txt, but I think they confused themselves by writing paragraphs.

Thought-terminating cliches except it's every time they hit the enter key

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Guavanaut posted:

Pretty run of the mill crazy forward, noteworthy only because of this.
Is this guy admitting that he wants to go on a murder spree or am I missing something?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

MelvinBison posted:

Is this guy admitting that he wants to go on a murder spree or am I missing something?

Yes he wants to go on a murder spree because people don't want to killed by cops.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

MelvinBison posted:

Yes. But that guy also just accidentally shot his dick off in a supermarket checkout.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Dear BLMs and ANTIFA, don't provoke me, you don't know how dangerous I am to my own groin.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

MelvinBison posted:

"Cops are the only people protecting you from aspirational Kyle Rittenhouse copycats!

But, please don't read anything about his total lack of discouragement, or detainment or arrest, by the police?"

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
These are the kind of people who think The Purge should totally happen and it'd actually be really neat if it did. They're also the people who will post about how they'd totally run over protesters but won't get punished if you report it for inciting violence.

Facebook could totally redeem itself if it turned out they were secretly compiling a blacklist of potential crazies when they post poo poo like this. Like if it turned out Facebook was a honeypot for racists and future murderers that'd be cool. I mean, it already is that but it'd be better if that weren't an accident and FB wasn't actually empowering that demographic.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
those people think theyll be the ssj god king of the body pile and not a body.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Guavanaut posted:

Pretty run of the mill crazy forward, noteworthy only because of this.

That hero realised his balls are antifa and stood by his beliefs :colbert:

before presumably crying on the floor clutching his beliefs

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Grimdude posted:

Facebook could totally redeem itself if it turned out they were secretly compiling a blacklist of potential crazies when they post poo poo like this.

We could probably just buy that information with sufficient money. Paging Soros to the thread.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

InsertPotPun posted:

her ex who was already in custody when they knocked on her door. also all their body cams were off

Also they didn't knock on the door as it was a no knock warrant.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

duz posted:

They promise they did though. Pinky swear.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

duz posted:

100% true, exactly right. i was going off their narrative which is

Lemniscate Blue posted:

They promise they did though. Pinky swear.
which means, even if they did, their suspect was already in custody when they went to a different house to arrest him

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Funny how the "I need at least 3 handguns and a rifle to go to a Wal-Mart" crowd isn't flocking to the defense of the boyfriend who opened fire on people breaking down his front door.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Amazon just released a remake of Utopia that features
1. A cabal of scientists working within the government
2. Said cabal trafficking in children, who are brainwashed to serve the cabal's purposes
3. A rogue actor inside the cabal who releases clues of future events that can be understood with sufficient study.
4. A plot point where an otherwise loving and supportive spouse who questions the conspiracy turns out to be an active member of the conspiracy
5. A fake pandemic, and
6. A fake vaccine for the fake pandemic that hosts the real dangerous virus

So look forward to these themes getting more play!

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
Got a relative that's really been sliding off the deep end lately, so seeing plenty like this:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

jivjov posted:

Funny how the "I need at least 3 handguns and a rifle to go to a Wal-Mart" crowd isn't flocking to the defense of the boyfriend who opened fire on people breaking down his front door.

Well, it's a fairly black and white issue to them..

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Killer robot posted:

Got a relative that's really been sliding off the deep end lately, so seeing plenty like this:
how do you tell the real vigils from the fake ones? or the real people at the vigils from the marxists? what's the ratio of marxists to real protesters that should be allowed?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Amazon just released a remake of Utopia that features
1. A cabal of scientists working within the government
2. Said cabal trafficking in children, who are brainwashed to serve the cabal's purposes
3. A rogue actor inside the cabal who releases clues of future events that can be understood with sufficient study.
4. A plot point where an otherwise loving and supportive spouse who questions the conspiracy turns out to be an active member of the conspiracy
5. A fake pandemic, and
6. A fake vaccine for the fake pandemic that hosts the real dangerous virus

So look forward to these themes getting more play!

wow, uh, you arn't kidding

:wtc:

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

iirc, the police did 'knock', insofar as 'pounding on the door in the middle of the night like someone inside owes you money' counts as knocking. A single neighbor has said that he heard them say 'police' exactly once. From inside the apartment all they heard was pounding on the door, and repeatedly shouting, "Who is it?" did not get an answer except ramming the door down. They didn't actually have time to get to the door to open it, because they'd been asleep on the far side of the apartment.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hey if you're gonna have the audacity to exist where the cops wanna shoot, you should be willing and able to move preternaturally fast, infer information from nothing, obey multiple conflicting commands, suppress logical self-defense instincts, and to respond with equanimity to brutal assault. Why do people make cops' jobs so haaaard

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

KentuckyFriedBonBon posted:

iirc, the police did 'knock', insofar as 'pounding on the door in the middle of the night like someone inside owes you money' counts as knocking. A single neighbor has said that he heard them say 'police' exactly once. From inside the apartment all they heard was pounding on the door, and repeatedly shouting, "Who is it?" did not get an answer except ramming the door down. They didn't actually have time to get to the door to open it, because they'd been asleep on the far side of the apartment.

hmm, yes, but have you considered that he was selling a plant to kids?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Marx Was A Lib posted:

hmm, yes, but have you considered that he was dating someone whose ex was selling a plant to kids?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

an even more dastardly scenario!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

In case you all were curious how my dad is handling the news about Trump's taxes.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Huh...do we have a Self-Made Billionaire running as a candidate?

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
I'm genuinely curious what these people think "self-made" means.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
"Anyone who didn't just win the lottery"

No matter how much of a "small loan" mommy and daddy have them, no matter how many people got screwed over along the way, no matter how many workers are exploited, they "earned" all that money, "fair" and "square"

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

It's incredible to see people just full-on believe that a made-for-junk-reality-TV character is somehow real, and that the real-life rear end in a top hat who played it wasn't just acting. And I like how in that scenario Trump somehow understands tax law and isn't just paying someone else to commit fraud on his behalf.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

tek79 posted:

It's incredible to see people just full-on believe that a made-for-junk-reality-TV character is somehow real, and that the real-life rear end in a top hat who played it wasn't just acting. And I like how in that scenario Trump somehow understands tax law and isn't just paying someone else to commit fraud on his behalf.

Kind of makes me wish for a panel of first-time viewers judging Back To The Future 2 in between the second and third presidential debates. Just to get hypothetical support numbers, and see how close to ghoulish parody a story must become to nudge fence-sitters into a normal frame of thought.

This is hopefully as close as we're getting to president Biff Tannen, hair and all.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
sigh.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
How will they spin this?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1311892190680014849?s=20

I guess more of those 'pray for your president' things.

PhantomOfTheCopier fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 2, 2020

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

How will they spin this?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1311892190680014849?s=20

I guess more of those 'pray for your president' things.

Get through what? Recover from what? I was told by a certain orange ghoul that COVID didn't exist and was a hoax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Weatherman posted:

Get through what? Recover from what? I was told by a certain orange ghoul that COVID didn't exist and was a hoax.

Apparently q people think it's

"get through this to get her and he's just pretending to go into quarantine so he can finally arrest hillary