Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Panfilo posted:

You think they seriously are going to dress Shockwave up as A Train or were they just loving with him?
Definitely loving with him.

And drat it worked because without "A-Train" he's got nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

If you don’t skip the credits you get the full lovely A-train rap. It’s got a hook that sounds like “love the way you lie”

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I saw the Reichsadler the moment she opened the chest and :gonk:

I'm so glad this show isn't doing this bullshit JJ Abrams guessing game crap. They just write a compelling story and let the actors act

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bedshaped posted:

I saw the Reichsadler the moment she opened the chest and :gonk:

That was such an incredible *my jaw hitting the loving floor* moment.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I don't think I can take any more sexy homelander scenes :barf:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

FilthyImp posted:

I don't think I can take any more sexy homelander scenes :barf:

Stupid Sexy Homelander.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

hooman posted:

Stupid Sexy Homelander.

Thread title?

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

I feel like it was already at some point recently, but I might be misremembering.

Unrelated, but it's kind of funny that the specific details of the Stormfront Nazi reveal turned the Pippi Longstocking comment from a clever hint into an anachronism: Pippi Longstocking was first published in 1945, so if Stormfront was a married adult in Nazi Germany, it seems unlikely she'd be dressing up as Pippi or getting teased about it by "girls dressed as Disney Princess sluts."

w0o0o0o
Aug 26, 2007
bloop.

GimpInBlack posted:

I feel like it was already at some point recently, but I might be misremembering.

Unrelated, but it's kind of funny that the specific details of the Stormfront Nazi reveal turned the Pippi Longstocking comment from a clever hint into an anachronism: Pippi Longstocking was first published in 1945, so if Stormfront was a married adult in Nazi Germany, it seems unlikely she'd be dressing up as Pippi or getting teased about it by "girls dressed as Disney Princess sluts."

Could have been reading Pippi stories to/with her daughter around that time, drawing from her experiences?

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Bioshuffle posted:

Holy poo poo. What an episode. So much to unpack. The Nazi reveal was absolutely fantastic, and the reveal was worth waiting six episodes for. A bit disappointed they went the cliche route, but she stands to be one of the more memorable Nazi villains since Red Skull and the guy from Indiana Jones.

One thing that stood out to me. How is Butcher is able to walk into a hospital without being accosted. Hasn't he been America's most wanted ever since the Stillwell incident?

I loved the fact that Jay ends up dying anyway. That was a nice little detail to pile on top of the tragedy sandwich.

you're kidding me ... after denying that we all guessed she was a nazi.. now its like "oh yeah it was fantastic" ..

w0o0o0o
Aug 26, 2007
bloop.
I wish people would stop engaging with him it's really ruining the thread

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

w0o0o0o posted:

Could have been reading Pippi stories to/with her daughter around that time, drawing from her experiences?

Oh yeah, that totally makes sense, appropriating something from her own daughter's life to advance her own fascist agenda seems like exactly the kind of thing Stormfront would do.

Edit: somebody with video editing skills please make a music video of the Stormfront/Homelander scene from last week's episode set to this:

https://youtu.be/_Jk9633YgKU

GimpInBlack fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Sep 25, 2020

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

Into The Mild posted:

you're kidding me ... after denying that we all guessed she was a nazi.. now its like "oh yeah it was fantastic" ..
You didn't think it was a good reveal? The pacing of the whole thing, it was a master class in how to reveal a huge plot point. Then there's the uncertainly about how Homelander would react, and the kiss was perfect.

Either way, if you keep lingering on my theory that turned out to be wrong, that's more on you at this point. I've moved on. So have other people. Can we talk about how amazing this episode was?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

w0o0o0o posted:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Wasn't expecting Annie to kill the driver and especially wasn't expecting her reaction to it. She did want to save Hughie, but to be fair they were trying to rob him and Butcher was acting really hostile; he doesn't pull the gun out until he sees Butcher being armed himself, which I would say makes a ton of difference. Hell, he even offered to drive them to a hospital a few moments before, even if he knew they were clearly lying about being FBI.

That's...callous. I guess someone was going to die no matter what at the point where she zaps him, but they really are equally to blame for getting to that point in the first place.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Sep 25, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The show is fun and everyone is having a ball but Anthony Starr is INCREDIBLE as Homelander. The way he plays HL’s insecurities, anxiety, and insanity all just boiling over an ever present smile and outside calmness is so good. He has so many ticks and little nuances that tell you exactly what’s going on with him.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

That Italian Guy posted:

Wasn't expecting Annie to kill the driver and especially wasn't expecting her reaction to it. She did want to save Hughie, but to be fair they were trying to rob him and Butcher was acting really hostile; he doesn't pull the gun out until he sees Butcher being armed himself, which I would say makes a ton of difference. Hell, he even offered to drive them to a hospital a few moments before, even if he knew they were clearly lying about being FBI.

That's...callous. I guess someone was going to die no matter what at the point where she zaps him, but they really are equally to blame for getting to that point in the first place.
This episode was the pivotal point where Starlight makes the jump from hero to villain territory. There is no one good left in the show anymore. She literally murders an innocent person to push her agenda. Is that any different from Stormfront or Homelander killing people to get what they want?

They car jack someone and kill him when he refuses. If you think that's acceptable under any circumstance, you're victim blaming.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Bioshuffle posted:

This episode was the pivotal point where Starlight makes the jump from hero to villain territory. There is no one good left in the show anymore. She literally murders an innocent person to push her agenda. Is that any different from Stormfront or Homelander killing people to get what they want?

They car jack someone and kill him when he refuses. If you think that's acceptable under any circumstance, you're victim blaming.

Yeah, I was also reminded of A-Train running through Hughies girlfriend.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Bioshuffle posted:

I mean, is it bad? Yes. Is it using murder as foreplay and then loving in the corpses blood?

I'd say it's a little different.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Gonz posted:

Goran Višnjić Is the cult leader. I knew I recognized him but just couldn’t place the name.

Yeah, a bunch of people in here never watched ER and it shows.

Panfilo posted:

You think they seriously are going to dress Shockwave up as A Train or were they just loving with him?

Why not? poo poo like that happens in comics all the time. "Falcon is the new Captain America!"

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

Bioshuffle posted:

If you read the thread

We all are, we are just skimming over your posts cause either you're trolling or your inability to comprehend things being shouted at you from a TV is so dense it can be carved with a knife.

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018

Bioshuffle posted:

Killing people to advance a fascist agenda and killing people to stop a fascist agenda actually are different.

The show is deliberately comparing Starlight and Butcher, who goes too far for his ends. If you think it's comparing them to Stormfront/Homelander it's because your sympathy for Nazism is bleeding through.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It'd be a lot easier to ignore bio if they weren't in the thread, just saying

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

moist turtleneck posted:

It'd be a lot easier to ignore bio if they weren't in the thread, just saying

Very true. We shouldn't be giving racists, their defenders, or their apologists any kind of platform to speak their bullshit IMO.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
ok, that was definitely the best episode they've done yet.

Holy poo poo Love Sausage

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

w0o0o0o posted:

I agree man.. I shouldn't have.

He's just gaslighting us at this point..

gently caress Lamplighter.. bioshuffle is Gaslighter

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Mallory laughing at the costume with the rest of them was great

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Did they ever say what they had on Lamplighter?

With Mallory and several supes on board, it seems like The Boys are getting back to full strength. The flashbacks show they were operating at a level where they kept supes in check and Frenchie alone was expected to be enough to stop Lamplighter from going loose cannon.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 25, 2020

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

PostNouveau posted:

Did they ever say what they had on Lamplighter?

No, just some blackmail pictures. Not what they were of.

Anro
May 6, 2003
Oven Wrangler

w0o0o0o posted:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I can't wait till the season Finale where you have Deep A Train Maeve Starlight the Boys and Mallory all aligned against Homelander+Stormfront. Guessing that telekinetic supe will play a part as well.

I didn't realize how much Deep had resented A Train. Admitting he used to fantasize about drowning him was pretty :stonk:.

So given that Stormfront had a kid I wonder if it turned out you don't really inherit powers from a supe parent? Or maybe she had the daughter before she was given Compound V?

sad question
May 30, 2020

Gotta agree that sassy Kimiko is great. I also appreciated that although Lamplighter's development was very rapid all the actor's really sold it.

Finally, Starlight calling out that look Butcher uses was pretty good.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I'm honestly guessing the cult stuff with The Deep and the Church of the Collective is being setup for next season, because I can't see how that plot reaches any meaningful payoff in the next two episodes with everything else they still have to deal with. That all seems like it's in the "laying the groundwork" phase.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 25, 2020

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Even though he wasn’t actually in this episode, I loved the little jokes about Black Noir, like Homelander saying they were going to run lines together

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Why are these people just leaving Nazi memorabilia and incriminating footage laying out in the Tower? They know there's spies around.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

I'm honestly guessing the cult stuff with The Deep and the Church of the Collective is being setup for next season, because I can't imagine see how that plot reaches any meaningful payoff in the next two episodes with everything else they still have to deal with. That all seems like it's in the "laying the groundwork" phase.

To speculate wildly, Maeve is gonna get got by Homelander and give A-Train and Deep a reason to go all-in for whatever the Collective is planning.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

To speculate wildly, Maeve is gonna get got by Homelander and give A-Train and Deep a reason to go all-in for whatever the Collective is planning.

I think it’s gonna be the deep. Homelander warned him last season about poo poo like this when he told Stilwell about the burn marks on that politicians plane.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Romes128 posted:

I think it’s gonna be the deep. Homelander warned him last season about poo poo like this when he told Stilwell about the burn marks on that politicians plane.

I guess any of the three of them works for that. Like the climax being Maeve's plot comes to some kinda of crazy action battle at the same time as The Boys expose Vought's continued experiments, and Homelander and Stormfront basically win in the end -- beating Maeve's kinda haphazard plan and just embracing publicly being Nazi mad scientists.

If there's a bunch of collateral damage from a big fight, well let's see lesbians, blacks and religious weirdos are responsible for a terror attack, according to Homelander and Stormfront.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Shneak posted:

Why are these people just leaving Nazi memorabilia and incriminating footage laying out in the Tower? They know there's spies around.

They had to write an scene where Stormfront does an explicit "Yes I am a Nazi, here's me with Himmler" exposition dump that smooth brain viewers would consider "a reveal."

Also, I think people expecting an explicit heel turn from Homelander this season are going to be disappointed. Dude's too vain and fragile to accept being hated by some in exchange for being loved by others. I suspect he'll end up the one to put Stormfront down to rebuild his American hero cred because while some Americans are fine with you believing everything the Nazis did, the step too far for them is actually waving the flag.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Sep 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Romes128 posted:

There’s gotta be a network of gossipy sea turtles that keep the Deep informed on all the juicy rumors of strange new sights in the seas.