Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Gase has proven to have moments of excellence like a half at a time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Meh there is a reason Burrow went 1 and they didn't even have to trade up to get Tua and Burrow already looks great.

Because tua's body is made of glass

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Metapod posted:

Because tua's body is made of glass

that seems like it makes him a worse player

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

indigi posted:

that seems like it makes him a worse player

No he throws the ball better

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The Dolphins were a young team with a completely turned over roster and a new coaching staff. They were expected to be terrible and get better. I really find it hard to believe that this Jets team and this coaching staff is headed in any direction other than getting worse - at least not without some major changes to the person that's calling the shots.

You got a bunch of wins against tomato cans in the back half. The schedule this year is not going to allow that to happen.

I sure as poo poo don't see but 4 wins tops.

Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 13 at Bills (1 P.M., CBS)
Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 20 vs. 49ers (1 P.M., FOX)
Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 27 at Colts (4 P.M., CBS)
Week 4: Thursday, Oct. 1 vs. Broncos (8:20 P.M., NFLN)
Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 11 vs. Cardinals (1 P.M., FOX)
Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 18 at Chargers (4 P.M., CBS)
Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 25 vs. Bills (1 P.M. CBS)
Week 8: Sunday, Nov. 1 at Chiefs (1 P.M. CBS)
Week 9: Monday, Nov. 9 vs. Patriots (8:15 P.M., ESPN)
Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 15 at Dolphins (4 P.M., CBS)
Week 11: BYE
Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 29 vs. Dolphins (1 P.M., CBS)
Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 6 vs. Raiders (1 P.M., CBS)
Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 13 at Seahawks (4 P.M., CBS)
Week 15: Dec. 19 or 20 at Rams (TBD)
Week 16: Dec. 26 or 27 vs. Browns (TBD)
Week 17: Sunday, Jan. 3 at Patriots (1 P.M., CBS)

Gase does pull some poo poo out of his rear end sometimes, though- he does tend to rattle off 2 or 3 game win streaks a couple of times a year, and he does end up stealing some games his team really had no business winning over the years. Maybe the bottom has fallen out completely, but who knows?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Football Outsiders has the Jets as only the fifth most likely team, somehow, to get the #1 pick.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

e: goddamn you fsif

Football Outsiders (lol) only gives Jets a 8.5% chance at the top pick. Carolina is currently the favorite.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/playoff-odds

They're bad but it's week 3 and there are other bad teams and there's a lot more bad football to be played.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

e: goddamn you fsif

Football Outsiders (lol) only gives Jets a 8.5% chance at the top pick. Carolina is currently the favorite.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/playoff-odds

They're bad but it's week 3 and there are other bad teams and there's a lot more bad football to be played.

This was probably before the dolphins won last night.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, thought that's due to factoring in the preseason DAVE rankings which was done before every single skill position guy died on the Jets and their defense decided to take the year off.

If Christian McCaffrey is worth a -9, what is losing like 7 of your top 8 skill position guys worth?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Given how bad the Jets skill players are even when healthy, losing all of them might actually mean less than losing one (1) Christian McCaffrey

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Getting nervous already for Rams-Bills

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
David Andrews out, all aboard the Hjalte Froholdt bus.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami now has a 20% for theirs and 20% chance for Houston’s of getting a top 5 pick. Only <3% chance for the 1st overall.

Maybe Watson decides to just start sucking?! It’d certainly be best case for Miami to rock an extra top 10 + top 42.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

there is so much of this on twitter today lol

https://twitter.com/ChatterBuffalo/status/1309308516096589824?s=20

https://twitter.com/BallBlastEm/status/1309484200655949831?s=20

I love the joshua allen debate

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Write the first month of football off even in a normal year imo no one knows what the gently caress any of these teams are for the most part.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

future hall of famer josh allen and the fraudulent cam newton

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mike Tanier went full "THE BILLS HAVE WON THE SUPER BOWL" yesterday: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/walkthrough/2020/walkthrough-only-allen-news-network

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Write the first month of football off even in a normal year imo no one knows what the gently caress any of these teams are for the most part.

Also TNF often has really weird results because it's a bunch of dudes playing on 3 days rest

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

mike tanier has been Cool and Totally Not Mad his entire loving life

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

mcmagic posted:

It's stupid to say that the Jets are 100% going to get the number 1 pick after 2 games.

I didnt say that even in the post you yourself quoted mcmagic stop being so wrong.

I do think the Jets will get swept by the Dolphins, Patriots and Bills unless one of those teams is resting starters late in the season.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

t a s t e posted:

mike tanier has been Cool and Totally Not Mad his entire loving life

He's written some good pieces, though. He wrote a bit on Joe Philbin being the worst coach in the NFL that I'll treasure forever.

Edit- I was thinking of someone else, but here it is:

quote:

The grandest of mediocrities, Joe Philbin is not an NFL coach. He is a shrinking violet garbed in an aqua polo and adorned with a headset. He is a man unloved by his players, outwitted by his rivals and overwhelmed by his duties. An “offensive mind,” Philbin does not call his own plays. That leaves his primary function as “leading.” This is not good because Philbin’s primary failing is leadership. Not every NFL coach is going to be Pete Carroll or Mike Ditka. Loud does not equal “lead.” But if you’re going to be the quiet type, you better have a firm grasp on the pulse of your team. This is something Philbin insisted he didn’t have when he pled ignorance again and again in the Dolphins’ “Bullygate” scandal. Philbin’s locker room was fracturing into factions, and whether it was willful or intentional, he had no idea. Once Philbin finally does discover his problems, he ships them out instead of coaching them up. Brandon Marshall and Vontae Davis have both thrived since Philbin sent them packing, while the Dolphins have spent millions and many draft picks trying to replace them.

Not that Philbin’s failures all come behind closed doors. As a game manager, his top innovation has been calling late timeouts on defense in one-score games. This brilliant tactic helped produce two wins in 2014 … for the Packers and Lions. Philbin’s other speciality is dialing up field goals. Unfortunately for Dolphins fans, only five teams had worse field-goal percentages last season. Philbin is John Harbaugh if he never won. He’s Mike Tomlin if he never showed fire. He’s Jason Garrett if he never smiled. He is the worst coach in the NFL.

Hamhandler fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 25, 2020

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Catfish Noodlin posted:

He's written some good pieces, though. He wrote a bit on Joe Philbin being the worst coach in the NFL that I'll treasure forever.

Edit- I was thinking of someone else, but here it is:

who was it that had the philbin miami avatar

was it me

it was really great

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
Anyone remember the thread one of you guys posted after his firing "TERRORIST LEADER JOE PHILBIN CONFIRMED DEAD" that originally had an image of his dumb old face photoshopped onto Bin Ladens portrait... apparantly. I never got to see it because some ex TFF reg whines about how it was offensive to him as a muslim and it was promptly taken down.

I still want to see it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Phyein posted:

Anyone remember the thread one of you guys posted after his firing "TERRORIST LEADER JOE PHILBIN CONFIRMED DEAD" that originally had an image of his dumb old face photoshopped onto Bin Ladens portrait... apparantly. I never got to see it because some ex TFF reg whines about how it was offensive to him as a muslim and it was promptly taken down.

I still want to see it.

That was me and I regret my actions and me and that poster are cool now.

IIRC he is a Sikh and he had a relative who was attacked by somebody who "hated Muslims", so it was a sensitive subject.

I think I actually used a Sikh turban so that made it extra bad.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Baldinger on AJax

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1309566642884673545?s=20

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ehud posted:

That was me and I regret my actions and me and that poster are cool now.

IIRC he is a Sikh and he had a relative who was attacked by somebody who "hated Muslims", so it was a sensitive subject.

I think I actually used a Sikh turban so that made it extra bad.

should have changed it to an india flight 182 reference in post

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I think the Dolphins OL is functionally a mess, but there are clear signs of talent and upside among all the lapses and mistakes. Fitzpatrick is doing a good job mitigating the pressure, and you're getting bailed out a bit by the pairing of the run concepts and the type of backs you've got.

If you had to start Jordan Howard and Tua at this point it'd be a loving nightmare I think.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The Dolphins were a young team with a completely turned over roster and a new coaching staff. They were expected to be terrible and get better. I really find it hard to believe that this Jets team and this coaching staff is headed in any direction other than getting worse - at least not without some major changes to the person that's calling the shots.

You got a bunch of wins against tomato cans in the back half. The schedule this year is not going to allow that to happen.

I sure as poo poo don't see but 4 wins tops.

Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 13 at Bills (1 P.M., CBS)
Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 20 vs. 49ers (1 P.M., FOX)
Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 27 at Colts (4 P.M., CBS)
Week 4: Thursday, Oct. 1 vs. Broncos (8:20 P.M., NFLN)
Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 11 vs. Cardinals (1 P.M., FOX)
Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 18 at Chargers (4 P.M., CBS)
Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 25 vs. Bills (1 P.M. CBS)
Week 8: Sunday, Nov. 1 at Chiefs (1 P.M. CBS)
Week 9: Monday, Nov. 9 vs. Patriots (8:15 P.M., ESPN)
Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 15 at Dolphins (4 P.M., CBS)
Week 11: BYE
Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 29 vs. Dolphins (1 P.M., CBS)
Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 6 vs. Raiders (1 P.M., CBS)
Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 13 at Seahawks (4 P.M., CBS)
Week 15: Dec. 19 or 20 at Rams (TBD)
Week 16: Dec. 26 or 27 vs. Browns (TBD)
Week 17: Sunday, Jan. 3 at Patriots (1 P.M., CBS)

Gase goes winless, gets fired during the bye. Gregggggggggg takes over, goes 3-2 (wins over Dolphins, Raiders, Browns) faces a Pats team with nothing to play for. Jets win against Pats, which drops them to the 5th overall pick, because of course.

Honestly the only team I can maybe see them beating before the Bye is the Broncos. And that's only because it's Jeff Driskol at QB. I can't believe anyone watched his stint with the Bengals last year and thought he was a good choice as a backup.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tua week 3 highlights

https://twitter.com/houtz/status/1309589343644848129?s=20

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

When 0:47 happened during the game I knew it would show up in this.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I heard we wanted more Josh Allen takes:

https://twitter.com/reinhurdler/status/1309864301516259329

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kind of just cool that he's now keeping company on charts with legendary seasons like T. Brady '07, L. Jackson '19, P. Mahomes '19, and K. Orton '10.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i mean, yeah? i don’t think anyone expects josh allen to throw for 5600 yards and 48 tds, guy on twitter

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Who will score their 50th TD of the season first, Josh Allen or Ryan Tannehill?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

My models...

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Josh Allen has finished painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Wait, the Jets have 4 QBs on their roster? And 4 WRs? Why?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

torgeaux posted:

Wait, the Jets have 4 QBs on their roster? And 4 WRs? Why?

this just in, the jets have submitted a rule change at the owner's meetings to allow 4 balls on the field at the same time

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

indigi posted:

Josh Allen has finished painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel

I’m going to assume this is a sex joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Ehud posted:

this just in, the jets have submitted a rule change at the owner's meetings to allow 4 balls on the field at the same time

I don't think Frank Gore can carry that many balls but I'm excited to see him try.