Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASYaNvt45VQ

can't believe I never saw this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's a nice t-shirt.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I never knew I needed a buddy movie with Marcus Peters and a random Bmore meteorologist but I kinda really do.

The Ghost of Art Modell has a plot to move the Ravens again to El Paso Texas by creating a superstorm that perminantly hangs over M&T Bank. After Marcus overhears him plotting he has to enlist the help of [that guy] to thwart Modell and save the Ravens.

This summer:

"Art Blows."

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Sep 25, 2020

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

I never knew I needed a buddy movie with Marcus Peters and a random Bmore meteorologist but I kinda really do.

The Ghost of Art Modell has a plot to move the Ravens again to El Paso Texas by creating a superstorm that perminantly hangs over M&T Bank. After Marcus overhears him plotting he has to enlist the help of [that guy] to thwart Modell and save the Ravens.

This summer:

"Art Blows."

the guy you're looking for is Marty Bass

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm partial to the Asian dude giving him poo poo.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus' real identity has been compromised

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

chamois posted:

the guy you're looking for is Marty Bass

oh god

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Mystic Stylez posted:

Kawalimus' real identity has been compromised

While the pass protection stuff is a good reason for him to be limited, the team definitely needs to find more ways to generate big plays. It wasnt a big deal last year when we could just run for first downs all game. But this year isnt the same. Even the texans had a few downfield plays last week and we didnt get a single one. So lets hope Dobbins can get his blocking in order fast.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Unless you’re looking for 50 yard frozen ropes the Ravens had plenty of big yardage plays against the Texans. They put up 400 yards even! I’m starting to wonder if you’ve actually watched the games so far this season.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I just struggle to understand how you can watch last week’s game and think that the Ravens weren’t in control pretty much the whole time, and definitely from about midway through the second on. Just because they didn’t throttle them doesn’t mean there was an issue with the offense or they they were in desperate need of someone being a playmaker - the Texans are a good team and you can’t expect every game to be a 50-point shellacking.

The Athletic had a good article breaking down Lamar’s play last week, and it even points out that the problem (insomuch as there was one) was that he tried too often to find the big play instead of the one that keeps the drive alive.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

How has Browns RT Jack Conklin looked?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

How has Browns RT Jack Conklin looked?

I thought he looked fine in the Ravens game, he didn't play at all vs the Bengals.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
2nd half shut out of a real NFL QB. Look out Ravens, you have to win Mon

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

D-LINK posted:

Nah the Texans are trash as a whole, Watson can't make it happen by himself. The first time a anyone in the division plays a real football team is tomorrow.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
You have to win monday lol wat. Texans are trash and out of division games are meaningless

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

D-LINK posted:

I honestly wouldn't mind losing the division this year and playing on the road instead. Ravens always seem to disappoint at home in the playoffs.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Joe Burrow has proven that he is not a loser

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I think the Ravens should win tomorrow unless KC's defensive front is somehow amazing and I didn't know it. The Ravens have struggled with pass protection and run blocking in the first two games but also were up against some very strong talent like Watt and Garrett. We should do what we did against them in 2018 and just try to dominate them. Not like we did last year and try to challenge Mahomes to a shootout. That was idiotic.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

agreed. Domination is the best way to beat Chiefs

schmug
May 20, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

I honestly wouldn't mind losing the division this year and playing on the road instead. Ravens always seem to disappoint at home in the playoffs.

this is sound logic

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

agreed. Domination is the best way to beat Chiefs

Domination up front via the running game yes. That we are 0-2 against them in the Mahomes/Jackson era is inexcusable.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

schmug posted:

this is sound logic

The Ravens have a losing home playoff record. We lost to the Titans twice. We had that bad loss to the Colts in 06. It was very close against the Yates Texans.

The good games were the first Broncos one where we got lucky to play against Gus Frerotte and not Brian Griese. And the Colts one in 2012 was maybe the best overall effort at home.

And we've never lost a game in round 1 as a WC team on the road.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lamar is younger than mahomes who is the best qb in the NFL so 0-2 isn't too bad yet. i'm sure the Ravens will beat them on Monday night using domination

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

lamar is younger than mahomes who is the best qb in the NFL so 0-2 isn't too bad yet. i'm sure the Ravens will beat them on Monday night using domination

Russell Wilson is the best in the NFL. Lamar and Mahomes are fluctuating 2nd and 3rd.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what the Ravens can't do is get behind 23-6 on purpose and challenge the Chiefs to a game where you try to put up the most points

Russell has never received an MVP vote

schmug
May 20, 2007

If the Ravens score more points they are going to win.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

I think the Ravens should win tomorrow unless KC's defensive front is somehow amazing and I didn't know it. The Ravens have struggled with pass protection and run blocking in the first two games but also were up against some very strong talent like Watt and Garrett. We should do what we did against them in 2018 and just try to dominate them. Not like we did last year and try to challenge Mahomes to a shootout. That was idiotic.

Mahomes has that Brady/Manning/Allen bullshit gene where I fully expect you to lose if you're up by less then 2 scores with a minute left so I'd be totally ok with scoring lots of football points.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hope so. one of those elements you think is fundamental but then sometimes theres 0 seconds left on the clock and the houston texans have zero timeouts and instead of the half ending the refs stop the clock and add 4 seconds back for no reason.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
The baktimore Ravens

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kawalimus posted:

Russell Wilson is the best in the NFL.

No.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't think Russ's mom takes him 1 for 1 over Mahomes.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I think the Ravens should win tomorrow unless KC's defensive front is somehow amazing and I didn't know it. The Ravens have struggled with pass protection and run blocking in the first two games but also were up against some very strong talent like Watt and Garrett.

They do have Chris Jones and Frank Clark

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

They do have Chris Jones and Frank Clark

How come the Ravens are constantly up against these great defensive fronts? It's ridiculous. It goes back to last year. We have the Steelers, the Chiefs, the Texans, the Browns, Washington has this real good front. Why are they all so strong? And ours is so-so. It is so frustrating cause I want to see us really go wild.

Last year it was the Jets, the Bills, the Rams, the Titans. And others but I don't remember.

And now the Colts are showing strong defense. Jesus christ.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 27, 2020

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Joe Burrow is going to be so good if Bobby Hart doesn't get him killed

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

see you in 2 weeks when joe burrow is literally dead

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

he needs 2 run out of bounds

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Bobby Fart

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
You know who needs to win tonight? Me. I’m going to play Among Us and I can’t have these scumbags loving up my tasks

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

How come the Ravens are constantly up against these great defensive fronts? It's ridiculous. It goes back to last year. We have the Steelers, the Chiefs, the Texans, the Browns, Washington has this real good front. Why are they all so strong? And ours is so-so. It is so frustrating cause I want to see us really go wild.

Last year it was the Jets, the Bills, the Rams, the Titans. And others but I don't remember.

And now the Colts are showing strong defense. Jesus christ.

kawalimus you know the ravens have consistently had one of the best defenses in the NFL right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

chamois posted:

he needs 2 run out of bounds

He had a play where Cox rode him out of bounds and he flopped a bit fishing for a flag. Like a drive later Cox casually threw him oob like six yards.

He had a play where he gave himself up with a free rusher. He seems to have the Brady/Brees gene where he can go limp and then pop up. If you HAD to put a generational prospect behind a terrible line with no offseason I guess he's the one you'd want!