Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

According to the way back machine I saw the Deftones at their fifth show in six months at the (now demolished) London Astoria between October 1997 and March 1998. Will Haven supported. Had never heard anything by them before, they were loving immense

I saw them on the same tour but in Newcastle. loving great.

e: catte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Julio Cruz posted:

they've really stepped up the free games quality recently, got both Hitman and Watch Dogs 2 even though neither of them works on Mac because at some point I'm sure I'll buy a PC

Hitman 2, and the fact they remastered the original to run on the new engine are so absolutely amazing that it's honestly worth buying windows so you can dual boot it on your mac to play. That's what I've done and I've clocked up an insane amount of hours.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/tobyperkinsmp/status/1309590313959391233?s=20

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

forkboy84 posted:

Wish I'd seen Will Haven :(

I'm pretty sure I also saw Will Haven open for One Minute Silence in 1999 in a tiny little venue whose name escapes me in Birmingham

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wouldn't be entirely surprised to learn that dennis skinner is a sort of parliament powered automaton and after losing his seat he just sort of wound down until he stopped moving.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Have checked Limmy, nothing so far.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Wikipedia's got him in the past tense.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

quote:

Dennis Edward Skinner (born 11 February 1932) is a British politician who served as Member of Parliament (MP) for Bolsover from 1970 to 2019. He is a member of the Labour Party.

Ummm

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I think it's just people confusing the song being a tribute song.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Oh he's come back to life and the page is protected now.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

What's Gibbo and Cheeks got to say on the matter?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I hope he's well. Also, in an alternate history UK, Covid died of Dennis Skinner.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I'm pretty sure I also saw Will Haven open for One Minute Silence in 1999 in a tiny little venue whose name escapes me in Birmingham

I also saw Will Haven supporting Deftones. Not sure if they had an existence independent of Deftones. And my band supported One Minute Silence at some point, IIRC they were not that sound. Never got to see Dennis Skinner live tho

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Guavanaut posted:

:yeah:

If the Revolutions podcast has taught me anything, it's that nobody on the ground floor realizes that they're in a revolution until at least halfway through, and things don't escalate rapidly until right when they do.

Dumb question, but which podcast is this? Is it from the chap who did the Rome one?

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

God, smug centrists are just infuriating. There are two very vocal starmer supporters in my PLP Facebook group who are just unwilling to even contemplate him doing any wrong.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

God, smug centrists are just infuriating. There are two very vocal starmer supporters in my PLP Facebook group who are just unwilling to even contemplate him doing any wrong.

Any chance of them flipping or going "poo poo" at anything short of him declaring all clothing outlawed?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well I personally think it is very bold of keir starmer to ban clothing, it's a new direction for labour, frankly clothing is old fashioned anyway, trotsky actually wrote a lot about how it was important to wear clothes.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Oh he's come back to life and the page is protected now.

Maybe he was in Scotland?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't think going to scotland causes you to become temporarily dead or suffer any other kind of ontological interruption. I have done it several times and I think I would have noticed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

keep calling him keith

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Stier karmer is actually quite a positive name.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
More like Keir Shitter!!!!!!!!!! :newlol:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Locked-down students in Glasgow having a wonderful time

https://twitter.com/jessicaelgot/status/1309527177361321986

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1309526023478874114

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

Ask them how many people need to die before Kier stops supporting the government.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Reinstating the british monarchy is honestly the best logical conclusion to the USA IMO.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

Reinstating the british monarchy is honestly the best logical conclusion to the USA IMO.

Saves on guillotine blade wear and tear, capitalism should approve

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

OwlFancier posted:

Well I personally think it is very bold of keir starmer to ban clothing, it's a new direction for labour, frankly clothing is old fashioned anyway, trotsky actually wrote a lot about how it was important to wear clothes.

The donkey jacket is an item of clothing and it's important to get as far away from that image as possible, it's good that Keir Starmer's dick and saggy balls are out, in public, in the houses of parliament.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder if I could win an election by wearing my sheepskin jacket.
E: Also loving jesus christ those are apparently expensive to buy new I got mine for like £15 at the charity shop.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 25, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/Tessadunlop/status/1309560051099725824?s=20

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

Best thing to do is probably just back off and let them run things?

Spangly A posted:

what has the entire union movement achieved? you're a dumb scumbag but this is a new level

Bad example, union achievements for sure were the working class organising independently and creating a condition of change but pretending that parliamentary poo poo didn't solidify that and make it legally concrete is just lying.

Also a bit drunk but even though you're all idiots it's quite wierd for any online space to be more engaging than the imageboards, you lot are and I think the UKMT has made me less reactionary so thanks in a broad sense.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao

https://twitter.com/C4Gogglebox/status/1309598524661813249?s=20
https://twitter.com/C4Gogglebox/status/1309598210281922560?s=20
https://twitter.com/MUFC_dp/status/1309610647123103747?s=20

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

I hadn't quite realised that Andrew was beatrice's father - no wonder she looks haunted all the loving time

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

How is this show still going?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Let's play but for television is a pretty obvious concept IMO.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

I would totally vote for her.
Just to see Harry having to celebrate Independence Day.
Posh toff minds would explode.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Red Oktober posted:

Hitman 2, and the fact they remastered the original to run on the new engine are so absolutely amazing that it's honestly worth buying windows so you can dual boot it on your mac to play. That's what I've done and I've clocked up an insane amount of hours.

And the third one, due early next year, will do the same with the two preceding games, creating a definitive edition of the trilogy.

Hitman is so loving good.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

stev posted:

How is this show still going?

It's cheap.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

It's cheap, and it is an opportunity to air slightly right wing views to shift the overton window

fully expecting a qanon antivaccer on there next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/sep/25/suspect-croydon-police-shooting-known-prevent-scheme

I had heard from someone that this idiot PC shot themself but seriously