Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I never play Warzone because I suck and I hate sitting around waiting to play after dying.

But, it is pretty impressive they have such a big rear end map with varied terrain and buildings, now with underground areas, and it's seamless. It's like a Far Cry island, with a hundred people playing on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Tonight I killed a person with the sticks and they said the n word.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Action Serious posted:

Do the operator missions go away at the end of the season or can I spare myself trying to grind those out over the next couple of days?

They don’t go away or anything, your free to take as long as you like to complete them. I’m holding off doing Roze’s challenges until the next season starts for some quick xp

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

skooma512 posted:

I never play Warzone because I suck and I hate sitting around waiting to play after dying.

But, it is pretty impressive they have such a big rear end map with varied terrain and buildings, now with underground areas, and it's seamless. It's like a Far Cry island, with a hundred people playing on it.

I think plunder lets you respawn so you can enjoy the map some more

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Action Serious posted:

Do the operator missions go away at the end of the season or can I spare myself trying to grind those out over the next couple of days?

No they carry over - once you have a mission unlocked on a character they never go away.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

Sammus posted:

Plunder is just chill as gently caress dad mode, so I'm cool with longer matches. I rarely play it, but I think it might be the greatest idea to ever be implemented into the overarching battle royale genre.

Indeed, I would love to see it in Apex Legends for example because I like the gameplay but not the BR game mode.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Mr Beens posted:

No they carry over - once you have a mission unlocked on a character they never go away.

which is killing me because my milsim revive a teammate has been bugged since the start of the season

begone, foul challenge

shilsu
Apr 25, 2017

Let's have some Aphex acid

Push El Burrito posted:

Tonight I killed a person with the sticks and they said the n word.

How did you manage to kill yourself with the sticks??

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.
Never seen this before but spectating some guy and he whips out akimbo pistols and starts doing this weird slide/scoot thing and tears rear end across the map. Wtf did I just witness?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

mexi posted:

Never seen this before but spectating some guy and he whips out akimbo pistols and starts doing this weird slide/scoot thing and tears rear end across the map. Wtf did I just witness?

Hit crouch while you're sprinting

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Hit crouch while you're sprinting

It wasn’t just sliding. He was moving faster than tac sprint while humping the ground

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Yardbomb posted:

Went into a solos just trying to grab some contracts then go die for ribbon stuff, I drop at prison and get one of the easy secure area contracts, take the truck from the prison, get there and in the loot is a big glowy blueprint, tells me to go secure another area, I do so and it gave me an actual blueprint for completing it which all I'd never seen before, I then go on to complete a couple more contracts from driving around and being a menace, shotgun two dudes when randomly stopping to loot houses, roadkill a guy who was too slow on the draw to satchel my big honk truck, end up winning my first solo at the end because I snuck around as people died from gas, then climbed up some rocks and the last guy was crouch walking the direction away from me and I blatted him with an AK. When your match where you were initially planning to just suicide after a contract turns into something great.

Also make Shoot House and Shipment individually selectable modes like they are now, but forever.

I swear every single solos win I have has started off as trying to unlock something, not giving a poo poo and somehow finding myself in the final circle with somebody who somehow has the aiming capacity of a potato.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Solos wins often come off the back of not actually seeking out fights. Every fight you take is a chance to lose the whole thing

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

mexi posted:

It wasn’t just sliding. He was moving faster than tac sprint while humping the ground

Are you sure he wasn't just slide cancelling, which involves tactical sprinting for a second, going into a slide, then cancelling the slide and going back into a tactical sprint (repeat over and over again)?

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Slide cancelling is fun once you learn it, but spectating some goons (not naming names!) after death, a lot of people slide cancel almost immediately after starting a tac sprint, which instead makes you move at a glacial pace ... You slide cancel to refresh the tac sprint after it runs out, it's bad juju to do it long before.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Solos wins often come off the back of not actually seeking out fights. Every fight you take is a chance to lose the whole thing

For a while really close to the end me in my big rear end truck and a guy in a jeep were just doing laps up and down the big frozen river and honking at the people on the banks killing each other.

I didn't expect to win for a second but :honk: provides.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

which is killing me because my milsim revive a teammate has been bugged since the start of the season

begone, foul challenge

2 things I try if a challenge doesn't seem to track.
1. Make sure that faction is set as favourite so that you are actually playing that character in warzone.
2. Change the skin back to a default version for that character

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
for whatever reason i can't progress my dumb intel mission beyond 5/6 on A New Perspective. i click the computer at city hall but ghost doesnt do poo poo about it after i do

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The character missions have been bugging out in new ways every patch it seems like, I heard about milsim being wonky for some people, I heard Rodion's refusing to count anything for people, but the one that got me was that I was stuck on Wyatt's last one forever because it wouldn't tally the UAV call-ins or whatever, I even went into warzone to see if by some screwy logic it'd count there but nope, then after some patch or another it finally worked again. And then I proceeded to never use that eyesore red outfit of his that the last check unlocked anyway.

mexi
Mar 17, 2003

Time to call it a night.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Are you sure he wasn't just slide cancelling, which involves tactical sprinting for a second, going into a slide, then cancelling the slide and going back into a tactical sprint (repeat over and over again)?

Yes because he was moving faster than tac sprint and there was no stand up part.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Pivo posted:

Slide cancelling is fun once you learn it, but spectating some goons (not naming names!) after death, a lot of people slide cancel almost immediately after starting a tac sprint, which instead makes you move at a glacial pace ... You slide cancel to refresh the tac sprint after it runs out, it's bad juju to do it long before.

I think you're misunderstanding how the tac sprint resets with slide cancel. It doesn't reset it the same way it resets it if you just sprint and then let it recharge. It only resets it for a 1-2 second burst. Slide and tac sprint both have a brief speed burst on activation, so the reason people run like that is to basically chain the speed burst of slide->tacsprint->slide, while using the cancel to skip the back half of the slide where you slow down. Constantly sliding, canceling, and tac-sprinting for one second is marginally faster than just using tac sprint in long bursts and letting it recharge, with the added huge upside of being significantly harder to hit, which is why people do it the way you're describing. If you're letting the tac-sprint run out naturally after that 1 second you get from resetting it you're doing it wrong.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
That’s happened to me as a bug in WZ, just started scooting around super fast. I’ve also seen someone in spec ops do some stuff (I think suicide by molly or something) and trigger it intentionally

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
tac sprint slide cancel poo poo is one of those 'if you know you know' things that i hate kind of like how the vlk3.0 reduces your recoil for some reason

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Pivo posted:

Tac sprint max duration is 2 seconds fwiw, and there is no movement penalty at all to slide canceling via stance change (f.ex. Tac -> slide -> prone button will make you instantly stand up on hitting prone). I've had side-by-side runs with people from the gas, and near-constant reset is definitely fastest - letting it run out (post 2s) slows down the slide itself, which does bring the mean movement speed down a bit.

Nb: 2 seconds without DT and without melee. Each of those doubles tac sprint time, for 4 and 8 seconds respectively.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Well, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I could swear guys doing that run really slow, but who knows.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Pivo posted:

but who knows.

Everyone slide cancelling

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
take away slide cancelling and add recovery from slide involves getting on your hands and knees and pushing yourself up then dusting your pants off and checking for tears and scrapes before able to continue

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I am so glad that cold war is going to stutter people after a jump

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

enemy riot shields: made out of adamantium, zeus himself could not get through

my riot shield: made of a very firm cardboard, has a brain, decides it doesnt want to stop bullets based on its mood

Prowler
May 24, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

I am so glad that cold war is going to stutter people after a jump

The only way I was able to defeat the skilled quick scopers in the alpha was to jump before or during confrontations. I really don't want to have to do that in a vaguely realistic military fps. I'll be interested to see how snipers are in the beta.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
yeah the no flinch poo poo is mind boggling

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

mexi posted:

If you want to do the dumb slide cancelling bullshit, if you're on PC, you have to bind your crouch to some downward stance change option instead of crouch.

I actually have two differently binded crouch buttons because I refuse to crouch toggle but also want to slide cancel.

I also have two different sprint buttons: one for tac sprint and one for regular sprint. Pressing one button for tac sprint lets you do stupid dumb bullshit maneuvering faster.

If you have it set up right you can just do tac sprint -> slide -> double tap stance change -> repeat.

I don't actually know if you need to double tap the stance change instead of just once but it feels slightly faster.

comedyblissoption fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 26, 2020

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

PC explanation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYMp9pVsXHc

yes this looks really dumb and obnoxious and bullshit and it definitely gives you a significant advantage

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Eliminate prone entirely imo

Slide canceling is dumb bullshit too

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 26, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Getting 10 sliding kills with the shotgun was the hardest thing I’ve had to do.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hot Diggity! posted:

Eliminate prone entirely imo

Slide canceling is dumb bullshit too

Bad Company 2 had this poo poo figured out

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Fallom posted:

Yeah

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Fallom posted:

Too bad dice never figured it Bad Company 2

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

comedyblissoption posted:

If you want to do the dumb slide cancelling bullshit, if you're on PC, you have to bind your crouch to some downward stance change option instead of crouch.

I actually have two differently binded crouch buttons because I refuse to crouch toggle but also want to slide cancel.

I also have two different sprint buttons: one for tac sprint and one for regular sprint. Pressing one button for tac sprint lets you do stupid dumb bullshit maneuvering faster.

If you have it set up right you can just do tac sprint -> slide -> double tap stance change -> repeat.

I don't actually know if you need to double tap the stance change instead of just once but it feels slightly faster.

I... what? I set crouch to c, sprint to shift, prone to ctrl. To slide cancel I double tap shift to sprint, hit c to slide, c again to cancel, then double tap shift again. Works just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I mean like if you're doing evasive maneuvering or reacting to something, the 50-200ms delay to active tac sprint because you double tap instead of single tap is significant.

Double tapping shift to tac sprint is probably fine for just doing repeated slide cancelling b/c of the buffering.