Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Snowmankilla posted:

Do you need to be smart for this game? I played politics and war because it is not for smart people. I just want to make serious people cry?

this is the right game for you. get a free ship and shoot serious people who spent too much for their ships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Snowmankilla posted:

Do you need to be smart for this game? I played politics and war because it is not for smart people. I just want to make serious people cry?

The politics and war goons are literally in charge of toilet eve now and we are doing everything we can to make things as easy as possible for goons.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

The politics and war goons are literally in charge of toilet eve now and we are doing everything we can to make things as easy as possible for goons.

Ok! Then I’m in. Authing on discord and downloading now.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

honk

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

We are following the Politics and War model of every goon gives their single brain cell to leadership, leadership does something, and we all get targets and gear for PvP in return.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

All I do is show up on gates in my free coercer navy issue ship and tackle things an order of magnitude more expensive, and in return I get paid in company scrip. It's wonderful!

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Meanwhile, I know a lot of people don't want them in toilet EVE, but... I kind of do want capitals to get introduced, because I really like the visual design of the Amarrian capitals and I want to fly them. :smith: Let me rock around in my Rev or my Archon or even my Aeon. We can leave the Avatar, tho.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

No supers. Ever.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

i feel like supers and that playstyle dont really fit with the toilet vibe but who knows where this crazy train will go

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

Kaysette posted:

i feel like supers and that playstyle dont really fit with the toilet vibe but who knows where this crazy train will go

Devs have gone on record to say they want every EO feature in EE

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Farewell, sweet Nerevar. Better luck on your next incarnation.
I really miss exploration and wormholes. Apocrypha was the best Eve expansion and one of the best MMO expansions ever made.

Alligator Tower
Aug 22, 2004

If you fucks expect me to play EO I swear to god.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

They're griefing their own players it's great. (Like, it's actually good.)

Also holy yikes about bananafleet.

Necronormiecon posted:

I really miss exploration and wormholes. Apocrypha was the best Eve expansion and one of the best MMO expansions ever made.

That's what got me into flying covops. Of course then :ccp: had to ruin all the goodwill with microtransaction monocles and a walking in stations feature nobody wanted but Apocrypha was a great expansion.

corgski fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 26, 2020

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

I'll basically be playing a echoes until it hits full MMO chore levels. So far so good though

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

corgski posted:

Also holy yikes about bananafleet.

For context, since it seems that this was only posted in the discord, it turns out that for someone who isn't racist and doesn't tolerate racism, SonBanana tolerates a lot of racist poo poo in his house.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Unfortunately, SonBanana prefers to deny that any racism has occurred in his discord at all to preserve alliance relations with REKI since Patone1 is the CEO. It is absolutely disgusting behavior.

Here's Patone1 being racist in discord and I called him out on it.

SonBanana goes on to put on some sort of a virtue signal or general "sweep it under the rug" type of rant. It's all good guys, just have fun in the game! Racism in discord is not ok! Lol! Also he works with kids so he knows what he's talking about.

Patone1 sneaks this in after that, with no resistance from anybody else.

SonBanana explains to me he is totally not racist and racism isn't allowed! Also, did you know that Patone1 isn't a racist? SonBanana says so! Again, he works with kids and supports all ethnic nationalities, so he really knows what he's talking about.

I admit I could've been even stronger (IMO, looking back, my message looks very weak) in my opening message to SonBanana but that whole "I am not racist, he is not racism, racism isn't allowed" threw me for a loop I had no idea what to say afterwards.

I am so glad Bananafleet is neuted now. Thanks Goosefleet

nakieon fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Sep 26, 2020

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Okay, how can we gently caress these guys over? I loving despise Holocaust deniers. My wife literally lost an entire side of her family to it and it boils my blood when someone tells me it didn't happen. End mini rant.

I want to burn the literal space nazis.

Edit: where are they based? Delve still? I want to start collecting scalps

Keegers fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Sep 26, 2020

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Keegers posted:

Okay, how can we gently caress these guys over? I loving despise Holocaust deniers. My wife literally lost an entire side of her family to it and it boils my blood when someone tells me it didn't happen. End mini rant.

Yes, they are in Delve, and from my time with them I can confirm a lot of their members do not know what they are doing. They have multiple different corporations/allies that call different stations home, but their core call UHKL station home. They often station camp the UHKL station. Their primary ratting systems are ON-CR0 and the glorious 7-K pocket. REKI also typically farm in ON-CR0 if you'd like to really get at them specifically. They are often in fleets, but not always.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

It's 3:30 am and I'm posting from the toilet about how I lost my favorite toilet spaceship today. I love this game.

RIP Battle Venture, you may have died but you are not forgotten and will be replaced but definitely not avenged, that breacher assault was way too scary to fight

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

We don’t have a lot of rules but “gently caress nazis” is definitely one of them.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
so my years of skilling up and scamming isk in EO are going to count for nothing in toilet EVE and i get to shoot nazis? dang...

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

solvarnisdumb posted:

I created another account and paid the $10 in order to take responsibility for my idiotic remarks and to provide some context. With how much toxic masculinity and misogyny is prevalent in gaming the fact I inadvertently contributed to it is very upsetting and disappointing.

I do not know this person I posted about. The only knowledge I have about them is that their claim to fame as a spy is using sexploitation in order to dupe a corp in EO out of a capital ship. I was shocked that someone capable of such incredible duplicity wasnt able to just get a few friends to vouch for them. I said as much in voice chat when we were discussing this yesterday. I regret that like me this person acted without thinking and is suffering the consequences of that choice.

In my experience I've only seen this done by men masquerading as women. Almost universally the women I've gamed with do not like this type of thing because it promotes a negative stereotype.

I regret using the term I did which has in the past only been directed at sweaty neckbeards dumb enough to fall for this sort of scam.

We live in a culture where grace or contrition aren't encouraged so I understand and accept me apologizing or trying to explain why I said something so incredibly stupid will make no difference in outcomes for me personally. I had my shot and I let people down by being careless. In my attempt to try to support a group I believe in and was starting to form friendships in I did just the opposite.

While I accept responsibility for my comments I hope this helps underscore that this isnt who I am. So many people have challenges with gender in their daily lives and gaming is a respite from that i ruined for some people today.

If you've hung in this long enough I appreciate the rapid response from both the forum admins and the corp in ensuring that this is a community where everyone can be welcome.

I deeply regret detracting from that even inadvertently. Like flying a ship you can't afford pain is the best instructor and I appreciate the show of support for women gamers with the deserved ridicule and quick action of leadership in addressing my stupidity.

Was fun while it lasted and this is a group of solid folks. Thanks all.

;tldr I hosed up sorry.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

and and this is going to be the standard of posting? and im feeling like poopin

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
and yet... my sacred wow never to log in to discord. i must poop, and pray for guidance. and install eve

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009

orange juche posted:

No supers. Ever.

Can we have orcas, rorquals, and freighters please? This delivery hold only crap just isn’t cutting it, I don’t give a poo poo about carriers, dreads, and supers though.

Dox023 fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Sep 26, 2020

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Oh gosh, please no rorquals. I don't want to multibox any more goddamn rorquals.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Keegers posted:

That’s not Holocaust Denial, that’s just an idiot being ‘edgy’. Still an idiot, though, so I hope you enjoy killing him. The ‘jewing’ comment is something anyone claiming to be against bigotry should say is unacceptable, and that any repetition of it will earn a ban. I’m a softy, I’d let people have one freebie before bans.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Rust Martialis posted:

That’s not Holocaust Denial, that’s just an idiot being ‘edgy’. Still an idiot, though, so I hope you enjoy killing him. The ‘jewing’ comment is something anyone claiming to be against bigotry should say is unacceptable, and that any repetition of it will earn a ban. I’m a softy, I’d let people have one freebie before bans.

I agree with the edgy thing, but:

Patone1 definitely burned his freebies on multiple offenses:
- Jew word used as a slur (first offense)
- Saying that a latino man is allowed to use certain slurs but a white man can't (also sort of promotes the idea that only white men can be racist, which in itself is racist towards white people)
- Second jew word used as a slur, typo'd as "jee"

I got a lovely message from SonB this morning saying he still doesn't tolerate racism. He also explains that Patone1 "has a woman of color", implying racists couldn't possibly date women of color.

*checks notes* Yes, REKI is still in their alliance.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Patone clearly doubled down, and he is personally set red in Means.

Son Banana has been in my DMs and we will see what their response is. We had some refuges when that all went down and we're accepting any of the people outraged by what happened.

I personally think setting REKI red is on the table, that would be the corp that has the shitlords in it.

For now they're all set neutral and the situation is deteriorating, just like we how it when it comes to shitlords.

Khris Kruel fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 26, 2020

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

nakieon posted:

I agree with the edgy thing, but:

Patone1 definitely burned his freebies on multiple offenses:
- Jew word used as a slur (first offense)
- Saying that a latino man is allowed to use certain slurs but a white man can't (also sort of promotes the idea that only white men can be racist, which in itself is racist towards white people)
- Second jew word used as a slur, typo'd as "jee"

I got a lovely message from SonB this morning saying he still doesn't tolerate racism. He also explains that Patone1 "has a woman of color", implying racists couldn't possibly date women of color.

*checks notes* Yes, REKI is still in their alliance.

as a note it wasnt panton trying to actually describe racism and power dynamics, ti was just them saying they can say jew cuz theyre hispanic

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:thunk:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lmao

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

It's okay guys, Hispanics have the j word pass and the n word pass. :butt:

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

can confirm

Ponchy
Dec 11, 2007

King of Beans.

Keegers posted:

It's okay guys, Hispanics have the j word pass and the n word pass. :butt:

News to me!

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

Tear off the chains and the entire world will be free

Keegers posted:

I agree with this entirely and I will volunteer as much time as I have humanely possible to griefing these disgusting fucks. I was down near (e: im a dumb and mixed up EO and EE and originally typed 1DQ here) UHKL last night and saw a lot of the "HappyBees" people so that is almost certainly still their home. Burn them all to the loving ground.

Nation of Thizzlam fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 26, 2020

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Shoot racists.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

nakieon posted:

which in itself is racist towards white people)

lol

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Last night we successfully squatted the Goosefleet name in 2L Bottle EvE, not that there are any plans there yet other than trolling desktop eve players with the fact that echoes is the superior eve. (And probably some really silly suicide ganking.)

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

corgski posted:

Last night we successfully squatted the Goosefleet name in 2L Bottle EvE, not that there are any plans there yet other than trolling desktop eve players with the fact that echoes is the superior eve. (And probably some really silly suicide ganking.)

If you need piles of EO isk to do something funny let us know, I’m pretty sure I’m one of dozens here with lots of EO crap but no desire to poopsock ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponchy
Dec 11, 2007

King of Beans.

Butt Discussin posted:

If you need piles of EO isk to do something funny let us know, I’m pretty sure I’m one of dozens here with lots of EO crap but no desire to poopsock ever again.