Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Out of everyone, including the demiurges, Princess actually seems game for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Joe Slowboat posted:

And I'm surprised Jadis is showing up to pull her own paperweight, I didn't think she had it in her.
Her block is slightly singed after that boom.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

skaianDestiny posted:

I hope the 108 rising stars are okay. :ohdear:

EDIT: Also Soloman's brutal dictatorship totally saved all his people, huh?
Jag's rule of might supersedes Dave's rule of order, so the death of these subjects is just by the law of kings.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

When I was scrolling down and saw the stadium exploding with that spherical look, for a moment I thought it was the planet and that things had gotten even worse than they are.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

MikeJF posted:

When I was scrolling down and saw the stadium exploding with that spherical look, for a moment I thought it was the planet and that things had gotten even worse than they are.
Can Royalty survive in the vacuum of space? :v:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Solomon's shield was still up around the arena too, wasn't it? That nuke sword might have been an order of magnitude worse than what we got if not.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Grouchio posted:

You're going to let a little thing like "no oxygen" and "nothing to stop your fluids from boiling away" stop you?
Pffft.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Grouchio posted:

It can because it doesn’t care that it can’t.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
So, uh

I guess that's what reaching Heaven through violence looks like from the outside

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Required listening for this update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH8QoBidPWE

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Abbadon posted:

This book was a blast to draw and I hope you’ve enjoyed it, I’ve learned a lot and hope to give it my all with Book 5. See you then!

This wasn't yet his all? Holy poo poo dude stop spoiling us.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

If they can move suns around I'm thinking they probably can.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I like that Princess didn't even flinch.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Everyone: Oh god no.

Princess: Oh hell yeah.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
If you didn't queue up TURBO KILLER to read this update you're missing out

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Tekne posted:

Pretty bold to enter the arena with Megaflare.

I'd like to think that Shiro Sagisu was thinking of this scene and our big red boy when he composed these songs.
Return to Ash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHk7qrBOORA
The Ultimate Soldier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H88oI5uX3jM
Scarred and Battled: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd29v2uZv0w

I've played enough FFXIV. If your opening move isn't a tankbuster or a raidwide are you even trying? :colbert:

YodaTFK posted:

gently caress I love this comic.

:same:

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY FOR A DISCOURSE about the value of tyrant rulers who think they can singlehandly protect their people yet are the source of the oppression-.....

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Sep 26, 2020

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

There go all the tourney survivors I guess.

A whole lot of the pursuers too?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Is it just me, or did anyone else initially think that we got faked out and Juggernaut Star was about to remind everyone that she’s still alive on the material plane?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Regalingualius posted:

Is it just me, or did anyone else initially think that we got faked out and Juggernaut Star was about to remind everyone that she’s still alive on the material plane?

I definitely thought Jugg was coming back (again!) at first, then I was all :aaa:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

At this point Juggs gets slapped down so often I expected to see their wheel go flying in the initial explosion.

haunted bear tale
May 14, 2013
The first time around I also thought the entire planet of Rayuba got wrecked by that one stab. Seems like it was "just" the Ring of Power with its thousands of contestants, competitors and staff. But the city probably isn't faring too well either.

Good to get a reminder of what the demiurges really are, after all the grandstanding and posturing and self justification we've seen from the six so far. This is the power to put two suns in the sky. And the power to take them away again.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Regalingualius posted:

Speaking of which, between their names and Metatron's involvement I wonder if Juggs and Jaggs were initially conceived as the same character.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wonder how Mottom's going to react to the open war from Jaggs. She seemed the most aware of his threat, but will she halt her war against Mammom and team up under the pact?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
D&D paladin: "My holy sword glows with the power of the sun! It can cast anti-undead light in a 5 square radius"

Jagganoth:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

MikeJF posted:

There go all the tourney survivors I guess.

A whole lot of the pursuers too?

The battle royale was yesterday, the only ones present seem to just be audience members, staff, and Soloman's guard. I guess everyone else who survived left.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Something to note is looked like all of Solomon's sons were presumably present at that final bout.

Were being the key word here....

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah, everything solomon cared and built is likely gone, or about to be

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Jagga in with the Chaos Dunk

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Now they're both brickin' it

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Shoehead posted:

Jagga in with the Chaos Dunk

:kiss:

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
i have to wonder just how much destruction is going to happen in the next book. What did all of this matter, the fight against SD and compelling him to step down, when the justification for his millennia of tyranny and misrule and gory fighting tournaments just nuked itself straight onto centre-stage?

I have to guess he's thinking rn "gently caress why the gently caress didnt i teach my superloyal soldiers ki rata gently caress poo poo"

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
ATOMIC DUNKING

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I think what Solomon said to his sons at the start of the book may become relevant again; His body is the state and the whole of the law. It is there for the taking... :ohdear:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So, I think what Jadis was going to say was probably, "He's coming."

I wonder if she warned the other Demiurges first or went straight to Solomon/ground zero. Though assuming Gog was still broadcasting the news might be out anyway.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Does anyone even know what Jadis can do in a fight these days? She barely manages to whisper questionably deciphered prophecies while wishing for death. As far as I understand it she was really powerful back in the day, but now not much at all if it comes down to a straight up brawl.

My guess is that at some point somehow her encasement gets broken or shattered and she lets loose one last big suicide attack. Maybe bring in some followers for fodder? I don't think the moral support will amount to much at this point unless it's the answer on how to overcome the current situation.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Well she teleported there all by herself, that seems like a big deal to be able to do when in a big block of glass. Does one need to be able to move or speak to use the Art? Especially when they were the most powerful user of it in all of existence at one point.

I like the idea of her breaking out for one last hurrah. Maybe that’s when we’ll get her title card.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

LETS FUCKIN GO LETS FUCKIN GO LETS FUCKIN GO (x10000)

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm surprised that between his one glowing eye and his appreciation for this beautiful day that nobody has done an Undertale edit yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

skaianDestiny posted:

I hope the 108 rising stars are okay. :ohdear:

EDIT: Also Soloman's brutal dictatorship totally saved all his people, huh?

Turns out his single point of failure was his succession plan; if he'd never had a plan to step down he'd never have failed :v: