Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

it’s tripe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

TheAardvark posted:

really digging the lattice work here

You gotta fight for the center olive

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
Darn! I missed the stove derail.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

gary oldmans diary posted:

yall need to move closer to civilization

Sir... SIR. I have only lived in the most metro of areas along the West Coast and I can assure you we build the most eco-friendly, locally-sourced, hand-made stepladders to tumble our precious goobers and princessibles into our open vats of gurgling pitch.

I don't think I'm alone here (guys, help me out) in telling you you're loving stupid as poo poo if you think any apartment anywhere in any city spends the money to buy ranges that have their poo poo in the front.

We use burner apartments for those, and you're throwing up flags, sir. Please don't let on any more.

Also, as a vegan, literally ALL VEGAN PIZZA bests Brazil's most confident attempts. Nope. Can't do it worse than us, fuckos.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
trying to figure out where this ranks w/r/t other notable atrocities committed by south africa

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

TheAardvark posted:

trying to figure out where this ranks w/r/t other notable atrocities committed by south africa

Is that couscous, garlic, or kidney stones on there?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
seriously i don't get the "throw a token olive or two on" thing but it happens in Brazil and apparently in Madagascar (these are different restaurants)

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

steinrokkan posted:

It's still a terrible design, and a specifically American one, all the electrical stoves I've ever seen have had the controls on the front or to the side.

In all my life, in countries all over the world, I have never seen the controls in the back like that. Must be an american design just like the toploader washing machine. I was thinking today how fascinating it is that through SA I've got a good hard glimpse into the life in the US, yet small things like this suprise the hell out of me, still.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Toploaders make sense for smaller bathrooms at least. They make ones that take a smaller load but they actually fit in a cramped space.

Now what gets me about old poo poo Americans still have are the windows that you have to push upwards.

That and the stupid rear end round doorknobs.

Lodin fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Sep 26, 2020

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Brewing beer on my stove I wouldn’t mind if it was 3 burners with one really big one. It gets 6 gallons to a rolling boil but it could be faster.
Some of the new ceramic electric tops have a gigantic fifth burner right in the middle

TheAardvark posted:

really digging the lattice work here

As much as the thought of the frango catupiry pizza disgusts me (it seems like an unsalvageable recipe), this one looks like someone actually put some effort into it and applied decently competent technique. The true Mestre da pizza

TheAardvark posted:

It would be acceptable to simply say "high"

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Truly...I have been blessed this day.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Lodin posted:

Now what gets me about old poo poo Americans still have are the windows that you have to push upwards.

Why are these strange?

Big Beef City posted:

Truly...I have been blessed this day.

lol

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
first, music to set the mood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bypzKTTptqM

from the aptly titled Action Pizza of Damascus

I'd eat this one no question

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Cheeseburger pizza is fine.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

TheAardvark posted:

I'd eat this one no question

No doubt. I am thinking this is like a sausage Mcgriddle with a mini pizza on top. McDonald's are you listening

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I know it's for presentation but I feel like it'd be a much better eating experience with the pizza facing down. Two pizzas facing inwards even

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

the last one is a shop because the proportions are way off.

The one with what I can only HOPE is piped goat cheese just made me think of what it would be like to try to chew through that much cold, whipped, piped goat cheese. Please don't let that turn you on because that's not the intent.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
oh yeah?? Check this poo poo out pal

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
from an address listed simply as "unknown road" in Damascus

dibs on the egg

???

I'm pretty sure the person taking this picture is pissing on/just pissed on this pizza

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

TheAardvark posted:

what is the drinking age in brazil

18 but most people start drinking at like 13-14, there's been some attempts to change that but some people still give their kids a sip at barbecues 'to get them used to it', sometimes they literally lace toddler's milk bottles with beer

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
This was all I could find in Moldova.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

TheAardvark posted:

This was all I could find in Moldova.

It’s like the tone of “for sale, baby shoes. Never worn” in pizza form. Just a tragic pizza. Mournful.
E:
GISed “what if a pizza was a suicide note” and found this:

Checks out.

Double E:

“9/11 in pizza form” got me this:

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Sep 26, 2020

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I'm gonna be honest I would eat most pizzas in this thread, except for the obviously horribly made ones. Y'all need to open up your minds, maaan.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Son of Rodney posted:

I'm gonna be honest I would eat most pizzas in this thread, except for the obviously horribly made ones. Y'all need to open up your minds, maaan.

I would eat almost every one I've posted TBH, I just like seeing how far the definition of "pizza" can be stretched.

Plus this is just a great picture (Ukraine):

E: also, you can apparently go to any country on the planet and find:

A) a place named after a US city or state that has no connection with pizza at all (Ohio, Florida, Miami.. that's just in Damascus)
B) a place that uses individual whole olives as a garnish

AARD VARKMAN fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 26, 2020

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Image searching weird descriptions of pizzas is weirdly fun.

“Car accident but a pizza”

“Pizza so bad it made the news”

“A pizza that’s basically a nightmare”

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

The AZ state fair is having a drive thru fair food thing since everything else got cancelled. I’m not sure what to make of this.

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

I'd eat that poo poo. No lie.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

TheAardvark posted:

I would eat almost every one I've posted TBH, I just like seeing how far the definition of "pizza" can be stretched.

Plus this is just a great picture (Ukraine):

E: also, you can apparently go to any country on the planet and find:

A) a place named after a US city or state that has no connection with pizza at all (Ohio, Florida, Miami.. that's just in Damascus)
B) a place that uses individual whole olives as a garnish

Hah, add to that list a "la famiglia" pizzaria which propably exists in more countries than a mcdonalds

while we're at it I'm not sure if this was posted before, but it's real, and it's horrible, and it's my friend

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
pizza cut into even 6ths is a sign of a more intelligent pizzeria. any inbred idiot can simply bisect an angle nearly perfectly

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Son of Rodney posted:

Hah, add to that list a "la famiglia" pizzaria which propably exists in more countries than a mcdonalds

while we're at it I'm not sure if this was posted before, but it's real, and it's horrible, and it's my friend

Yeah, it tastes even worse than you are imagining.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Ugly In The Morning posted:

kidney stones on there?

lol exactly, I was gonna say

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Zoesdare posted:

The AZ state fair is having a drive thru fair food thing since everything else got cancelled. I’m not sure what to make of this.

Leave the Cheetos. Take the cannoli.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Yes I'll totally buy a $30 drive-thru cheese pizza at a shut down desolate state fair, no problem there.

Zoesdare
Sep 24, 2005

Still floofin

Found this which makes it MUCH worse. Also, I feel sorry for the video producer on this.

https://www.abc15.com/news/state/would-you-flamin-hot-cheetos-pizza-at-the-arizona-state-fair

quote:

PHOENIX — Cheetos as a pizza topping are neat-o especially since they pack some heat-o! You can find the Flamin' Hot Cheetos Pizza at Enzo's Pizzera inside the Arizona State Fair. What is on it? Sauce, cheese and Flamin' Hot Cheetos! Are you bold enough to try a fiery slice?

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I would eat a flaming hot Cheeto pizza. Honestly it sounds like the most goony pizza imaginable

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

gary oldmans diary posted:

pizza cut into even 6ths is a sign of a more intelligent pizzeria. any inbred idiot can simply bisect an angle nearly perfectly

U just aren’t ready for advanced pizza cutting

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Ukraine:

They ate this one in the dark to hide their shame from god.

Ukraine has something I haven't seen before: loads of professionally staged photographs across lots of restaurants.

Oh also bonus find:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
larvae pizza exceeds the worst pizza concept altogether