Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hey so I know I can plug my headphones into the controller but the sound quality isn’t the greatest and it breaks up sometimes. Is there a good wireless headset? I assume you can’t just use whatever Bluetooth one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

MarcusSA posted:

Hey so I know I can plug my headphones into the controller but the sound quality isn’t the greatest and it breaks up sometimes. Is there a good wireless headset? I assume you can’t just use whatever Bluetooth one.

Sound quality has always been fine when I did that, your headset jack must be bad or your controller/xbone or settings hosed.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah the sound quality out of the controllers is good and I've never had it drop

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Celexi posted:

Sound quality has always been fine when I did that, your headset jack must be bad or your controller/xbone or settings hosed.

Eh I’ll have to mess with it and see then. It’s probably something I’m doing wrong.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Can't beleieve Microsoft is buying these dead forums.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

I just picked up the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 and I like them a lot. They have little notches for glasses in the earcup which actually makes a difference in terms of comfort. It also lets you mix gameplay and audio from your phone right on the headset.

I don't have the ears to give any impression for sound quality or anything but they're a definite step up in every other way from the 700 Gen 1 headphones.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

MarcusSA posted:

Are you using iPhone headphones?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Akuma posted:

Oh yeah the old 3.5 jack iphone headphones you had to mute the microphone due to the mic/ground being reversed or it would garble the sound.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Akuma posted:

Na I’m using some Sennheiser HD5985s

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Real hurthling! posted:

Gamepass now comes with 2 free months of funimation's anime streaming service

offer not valid in australia...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think if the Xbox->iOS streaming app comes out I won't be picking up my switch again until SMT* gets released.

*Give me Raidou Kuzunoha. I'll buy it on stadia if need be.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I use ancient Astro A40s into a plantronics RIG puck thing that has separate volume knobs for voice and game audio. It has a phone input and like 4 EQ presets if you want boost bass or footsteps or whatever.

Comparing the controller 3.5mm out to the RIG and also to my ancient ASTRO wireless setup AND the Xbox chat puck, the RIG is the best sounding with the best audio positioning.

I found the simulated 5.1 of the Astro wireless setup was too crowded sounding and hard to pick out where sounds were coming from.

The downmix to stereo makes hearing footsteps way easier and there's less delay using the puck (either of them) than the optical connection to the Astro wireless base station.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

That's one of the things I hope they have on the new consoles, is the ability to use Bluetooth headsets.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Tsietisin posted:

That's one of the things I hope they have on the new consoles, is the ability to use Bluetooth headsets.

It's tough to overcome the audio delay with Bluetooth. I doubt either console will support Bluetooth audio.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The X1's controller definitely has more noise on the headphone output than the DS4. There was an update to the audio settings around... late 2018? that lets you put the headphone virtualized sound on HDMI, so if your AVR has pre-out, you can route that straight to your amp

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b344-TW3KQ

These Series S graphics look... not great.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Fat_Cow posted:

YouTube always makes things look worse, but yeah that looks not so hot. Worse than XBone X graphics but at 60fps, for the next 7 years.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Fat_Cow posted:

The game itself doesn't look that great to me, but fact is we have no gameplay from other platforms to compare it against yet.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fat_Cow posted:

There are absolutely better looking games on the One X (including ones that run at 60fps), goddamn that's dire.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

How does MS allow that to be the first S footage?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

How does MS allow the S?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Good point

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fat_Cow posted:

lmfao

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

At last, the console for "video game graphics have peaked" denialists.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
That's a launch racing game too. Christ.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Fat_Cow posted:

Next gen

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

Looking at the other videos on the channel, the game looks pretty butt overall.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Now that the xcloud android client is out, anytime tried a pc solution like bluestacks? Wondering how viable that will be.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

bushisms.txt posted:

Now that the xcloud android client is out, anytime tried a pc solution like bluestacks? Wondering how viable that will be.

It works well on Chromebooks that support android apps, which is almost all of them in the last few years.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Bushido Brown posted:

Looking at the other videos on the channel, the game looks pretty butt overall.
Yeah, the graphics for DiRT in general don't seem to have progressed much since 2, which looked great at the time but also came out in 2009. Footage of 5 on X was part of the initial MS showcase and did not wow anybody. Lol that it's all they have to show rn anyway, we might start getting gameplay footage of Forza in late 2021

e: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_(game_engine)

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Dirt looks like dirt

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Fat_Cow posted:

lol

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

Crafty posted:

Dirt looks like dirt

Stealing the words out of my mouth.

It’s not like anyone can make dirt prettier.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

YeehawMcKickass posted:

Stealing the words out of my mouth.

It’s not like anyone can make dirt prettier.

It’s going to look like that on every console to be fair, just at a higher resolution on the series x.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciMRpi7rFiM&feature=emb_logo
Cosmic horror FPS Quantum Error is coming out for the Switch. Also it's in the 22nd century but they are still using pump action shotguns. I can't convey how angry that makes me.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

multiplat devs must reject series s support!!!!!!!!!!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
On the one hand, there's really no reason that games should look that bad on Series S, it's definitely capable of more, on the other, the only Xbox footage I've seen shown off now is Halo: Infinite and that Dirt 5 thing and jesus, they look rotten.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Those were released deliberately like that to set us on a false track. They know as well as us how bad those looked.

Why else would they 'show off' their products like that? It's very obvious to me.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
If a bad looking game is displayed in a higher resolution so you can see in more detail exactly how bad it looks - Is the higher resolution version actually be better looking, or just more worse looking?

Super No Vacancy posted:

Or just make the series S versions a lower resolution, as intended?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Super No Vacancy posted:

let devs embrace series s support so I can hold off on upgrading my pc lol