Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
To be honest I get a small comfort from the fact we didn't get the first left-wing government in decades only for them to IMMEDIATLEY have to face a once in a lifetime crisis which the neo-lib shits before them had barely needed to contemplate.

Edit: Dogammons

escapegoat fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
parallel universe Corbyn has a coalition government, mind you, given the numbers

you can tune into Spanish politics right now for a sample of the PSOE-Podemos coalition govt fending off the right

if that experience is any indication, the SNP would be similarly putting any showdown plans on hold (reading, likely correctly, that a showdown amidst a crisis would be negatively perceived) and thus being mainly preoccupied by internal dissent over this course. Farage would be playing the equivalent of Vox in fomenting anti-mask paranoia, and the Tories would be happily playing along by darkly hinting that, well, maybe they don't really endorse that kind of ugly talk but where there's smoke there's fire y'know

permitting mass protests would be a much bigger political football (as it is in Spain) but it would still largely be intelligentsia fodder

ronya fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 26, 2020

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

escapegoat posted:

To be honest I get a small comfort from the fact we didn't get the first left-wing government in decades only for them to IMMEDIATLEY have to face a once in a lifetime crisis which the neo-lib shits before them had barely needed to contemplate.

Edit:

Honestly, yeah. :shrug:

sebzilla posted:

Labour actually led a poll?

Boris must be *really* loving it.

He really is though, even to the Tories. I mean, just look at the papers that have turned on him. I'm seriously thinking he'll be gone/going inside of 6 months now. After the no-deal deadline, he can retire for 'health/covid reasons' and 'to spend time with his child (for the first time).

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/BlueTapesUK/status/1309942911077879808?s=20

Extremely good content

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Red Oktober posted:

He really is though, even to the Tories. I mean, just look at the papers that have turned on him. I'm seriously thinking he'll be gone/going inside of 6 months now. After the no-deal deadline, he can retire for 'health/covid reasons' and 'to spend time with his child (for the first time).

And going down as the worst PM in history.
Til he gets in the Lords and starts making GBS threads on the seats.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i used the reality stone to look into 14,000,605 futures and in all but one jaremoy corben reduces the earth to jam in a grey goo scenario

its what we deserve

i vote raspberry

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i used the reality stone to look into 14,000,605 futures and in all but one jaremoy corben reduces the earth to jam in a grey goo scenario

Is there one where I have any sort of relationship or sexy times again? Because if not, I'll take the jam grey goo

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What is being turned into jam along with the entirety of the rest of the planet if not extremely horny?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Bobby Deluxe posted:

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1309775211961683969?s=19

when even the loving centrists are further left than your absolute wreck of a party, you have my permission to die

Yang gang rising etc but Yang kind of highlighted that it isn't actually a left wing concept when he completely failed to answer the Landlord Question.

A UBI is a really good idea if it's applied holistically and can't just be drained by rentiers, but if not it's only to going to fuel inequality because people that were already getting by enough to have savings will still get by but now they have yangbux too while people who were struggling will see their yangbux evaporate into the absolutely inevitable cost of living increases. And even worse it completely damns people that aren't documented; now already very vulnerable people also have this huge extra impediment that they aren't getting the yangbux while everyone else is, it's formalising the existence of a perpetually desperate underclass.

UBI is a great idea but only if the basics of living are already secure, and even then it should be limited so someone can save enough yangbux for a really good honeymoon, for example, but after a certain level of savings it's Use It Or Lose it. The policy as Lib Dems would present it is 100% gonna be papering over the cracks in neoliberalism for 3 years maximum, creating an all new poor-hating culture war avenue or most likely just something they can give up on in negotiations to go into coalition with the tories again.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I think I've decided whether people think catered halls are posh or not. They are in fact posh.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

ronya posted:

parallel universe Corbyn has a coalition government, mind you, given the numbers

you can tune into Spanish politics right now for a sample of the PSOE-Podemos coalition govt fending off the right

if that experience is any indication, the SNP would be similarly putting any showdown plans on hold (reading, likely correctly, that a showdown amidst a crisis would be negatively perceived) and thus being mainly preoccupied by internal dissent over this course. Farage would be playing the equivalent of Vox in fomenting anti-mask paranoia, and the Tories would be happily playing along by darkly hinting that, well, maybe they don't really endorse that kind of ugly talk but where there's smoke there's fire y'know

permitting mass protests would be a much bigger political football (as it is in Spain) but it would still largely be intelligentsia fodder

He has a coalition government with a majority of like 1 and half his MPs hate him. Plus Brexit to worry about still in one form or another.

It would not have gone well.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

A bunch of the worst Labour MPs would have left Labour and formed their own party or loose coalition so that Corbyn wouldn't have a majority, I reckon.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

feedmegin posted:

It would not have gone well.

It would have saved an awful lot of lives though. 2017 Labour policy was to break the fake distinction between health and social care which was the main reason we had such a massive death rate from Covid.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
:thunk:

https://twitter.com/RhonddaBryant/status/1309909972965302280?s=20

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
UKMT Autumn 2020 - Give me liberty or make me into jam

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

justcola posted:

I thought this was some in-game art for a sequel to Frost Punk

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/BarristerSecret/status/1309973892728057858

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

The photo is the world's most boring father of the bride telling his anecdote at her wedding reception

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Red Oktober posted:

I've seen some people say (might have been in here, can't remember) that there's a hefty lifetime pension if a PM makes it past the two year mark, so he'll likely stay for that at least.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Red Oktober posted:

Honestly, yeah. :shrug:

hahaha boris will be re elected in four years

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

bump_fn posted:

hahaha boris will be re elected in four years

In Strictly Dancing?
hosed up if true.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Lungboy posted:

I've seen some people say (might have been in here, can't remember) that there's a hefty lifetime pension if a PM makes it past the two year mark, so he'll likely stay for that at least.

It's £100k a year less than the "chicken feed" he got for his telegraph column

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Tarnop posted:

It's £100k a year less than the "chicken feed" he got for his telegraph column

It is, but it's there in the background for life for doing nothing.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

happyhippy posted:

Problem is the students most likely signed away their freedom to do this.
I would assume there is a clause that defamatory posters, flags, signs, etc are not allowed.
If not, then gently caress them.

Back in my boomer early years we just put up 'Take me to your dealer' alien smoking joints and Sandra Bullock posters.

What are they going to do though, evict them?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Vitamin P posted:

It would have saved an awful lot of lives though. 2017 Labour policy was to break the fake distinction between health and social care which was the main reason we had such a massive death rate from Covid.

That's nice, There would have been zero time to do that between the 2019 election and all this, not to mention the legislative priority would be the second referendum.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Lungboy posted:

I remember seeing that in the thread but I'm not aware of it from elsewhere - as far as I know they're entitled to 50% of their salary for life (so that would be 70kish [chicken feed?]), but I don't know if it's dependent on lasting a certain amount of time.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

josh04 posted:

What are they going to do though, evict them?

And kick them from the uni and course they were on.
If its uni owned, and they have rent contracts saying they forfeit being there if they don't keep the place clean and 'respectable in the uni's eyes', who knows how far the uni will take it.
Pure assumptions here sure.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Which Sandra bullock posters?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
That implies there are bad Sandra Bullock posters.
Unpossible.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Lungboy posted:

It is, but it's there in the background for life for doing nothing.

True, but I don't really feel like he's motivated by money. I think he's motivated by power and prestige, and he's the product of a world that laughs at £150k a year and needs 8 or 9 figures to even make an impression

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tarnop posted:

True, but I don't really feel like he's motivated by money. I think he's motivated by power and prestige, and he's the product of a world that laughs at £150k a year and needs 8 or 9 figures to even make an impression

And then he finds out...

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

sebzilla posted:

Labour actually led a poll?

Boris must be *really* loving it.

Starmer twists the racism dial one last time, notes the position, and locks the box it's kept in like a landlord locking the thermostat.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I think he looks like the kind of man who likes prawn sandwiches, does Keir Starmer

and bovril

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Nothing wrong with a cup of hot bovril, although they are in league with some strange powers.

Can't tell if this is a pro-Vatican advert or they're setting themselves up as an antipope.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Tarnop posted:

But then there are pieces like this, that suggests he's hosed for cash, so a hefty pension that lets him live in accustomed luxury for zero effort might be very appealing to a lazy toad like him.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Have you ever been so owned in the online that you form your own political party? Lawrence 'Lozza' Fox has!

https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/1309953828859580416

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

For a man who's apparently being silenced, Lawrence Fox sure never shuts the gently caress up, huh.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
He's gonna be writing columns wailing about being cancelled by the entire country when he doesn't get elected for anything

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I imagine that the pope does have a giant samovar full of bovril shaped like a medieval turret on a special table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
To be fair if Billy Piper broke up with me I'd probably have a very public breakdown.