Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Shoehead posted:

Jagga in with the Chaos Dunk

*space jam in minor key on grand organ begins playing*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Good thing the arena was built quite a distance away from the city proper.

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Twenty Four posted:

Does anyone even know what Jadis can do in a fight these days? She barely manages to whisper questionably deciphered prophecies while wishing for death. As far as I understand it she was really powerful back in the day, but now not much at all if it comes down to a straight up brawl.

My guess is that at some point somehow her encasement gets broken or shattered and she lets loose one last big suicide attack. Maybe bring in some followers for fodder? I don't think the moral support will amount to much at this point unless it's the answer on how to overcome the current situation.

So far we do know she is in a heavy block and she can teleport. I imagine she has all the powers of a Thwomp, which should count for something.

If I were any good at photoshop I'd put an Xbox controller in Jag's hand. Mom says it's his turn on the Xbox.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cat Mattress posted:

Good thing the arena was built quite a distance away from the city proper.

On a tangential and morbid note, the common thought that if, for whatever reason, Milwaukee got nuked, they'd target County Stadium/ Miller Park. Why? Almost smack dab in the center of the county.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Fister Roboto posted:

*space jam in minor key on grand organ begins playing*

https://youtu.be/krXTZvkRCD4

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Halogens posted:

So far we do know she is in a heavy block and she can teleport. I imagine she has all the powers of a Thwomp, which should count for something.

If I were any good at photoshop I'd put an Xbox controller in Jag's hand. Mom says it's his turn on the Xbox.

Yeah, even if Jadis has no other powers than what she's already displayed, that still means she's an omniscient kinetic kill vehicle. Just a giant crystal hammer coming in at the perfect velocity, trajectory, and time to completely ruin your day.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Kill Six Billion Demons: Warning: The Following Comic is Canon

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Joe Slowboat posted:

Also? gently caress. This upsets me in a good way, I really want to see Jagganoth lose. And I'm surprised Jadis is showing up to pull her own paperweight, I didn't think she had it in her.

Well I don't think you're supposed to want him to win

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Jadis is basically an obelisk pretender from Dominions I'm guessing.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

FlocksOfMice posted:

Jadis is basically an obelisk pretender from Dominions I'm guessing.

jadis did the rare monodrop into an ally's cap

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

RIP meticulously drawn background characters.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
At least now we know that the weird headcrest that goblins have is mostly soft tissue, but there appears to be some skeletal nubs.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihqXPQwXEVU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I just realized that Jaggs swings his sword to clear the smoke away and that is sick as hell

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

holy poo poo

holy poo poo that takes me back

:kamina:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Disgracefully exiled from the Celestial Empire for declaring Jagganoth as "boyfriend material".

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Dave lost his halo in that last panel. Surprised that's when we didn't get Jagg's title card drop.

Would love to see Majin Vegeta fight Jagganoth, they've both nuked stands full of fighting competition contestants!

Also:

Shoehead posted:

:allears:

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Sep 26, 2020

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

What if the next book opens with Jadis and Jagganoth's title pages as the Red God faces down the crew here, that would rule.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

well, that was a thing

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

IIRC Jadis wants to die. I wonder if she is getting her wish fulfilled today.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Mr. Lobe posted:

IIRC Jadis wants to die. I wonder if she is getting her wish fulfilled today.

I have to wonder whether she's not on Jagganoth's side because, while she personally wants to die, she doesn't want it enough to kill the entire omniverse to achieve it.

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib
I wonder how many people Jagganoth has killed just learning to do that little trick.

Also, Solomon David's empire is looking an awful lot like some playset for gods right now. Just playing made up games in the Ring of Power while the next Universal War pops off. What a vain imbecile. I feel like this update more than any other has laid bare just how contemptible the Demiurges are. I always knew it, like abstractly, or in literary terms, but this time I really felt it, bone deep.

Good job, Operant.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
As much as "Princess is loving ready for this" is a wonderful interpretation, looking closer her face is frowning. Her fangs/tusks are throwing people off.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Joe Slowboat posted:

I have to wonder whether she's not on Jagganoth's side because, while she personally wants to die, she doesn't want it enough to kill the entire omniverse to achieve it.

Isn't her deal that she gained knowledge of everything but it drove her mad? I could see it ending up that she knows how the war is going to turn out, and she's acting based on the knowledge that Jagganoth's plan is terrible.

I mean, she's been telling people what is going to happen this whole time via prophecy. I think her showing up here suggests her brain is a bit fried but she's still a rational actor underneath that.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

skaianDestiny posted:

As much as "Princess is loving ready for this" is a wonderful interpretation, looking closer her face is frowning. Her fangs/tusks are throwing people off.

Yeah, I think what remains of Vladok is thinking "yeah, this is well above my paygrade."

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I really dig Jagganoth's designs, here. That's the armor of a man who knows he's invincible.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

And the shitton of different weapons of a craftsman who knows you need different tools for different jobs.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Are we still supposed to be rooting for Jagganoth? I'm starting to doubt that he's the good guy.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
finally a guy I could cosplay as.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Motherfucker posted:

finally a guy I could cosplay as.

I too can play a charred corpse

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

Shoehead posted:

L O Fuckin' L. Beat me to it.

NEO-NEW RAYUBA CHAOS DUNK ADVISORY WARNING! A MEASURED 19.7 MEGAJOULE OF NEGATIVE BBALL PROTONS HAVE BEEN DETECTED. A CHAOS DUNK IS IMMINENT. FIND UNDERGROUND SHELTER IMMEDIATELY. THIS IS NOT A TEST.

Lemony fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 27, 2020

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

And the shitton of different weapons of a craftsman who knows you need different tools for different jobs.

Man's called the Pankrator for a reason.

Incidentally, has anyone done those exquisite basketball edits in easily-shareable format?

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 27, 2020

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Schwarzwald posted:

I really dig Jagganoth's designs, here. That's the armor of a man who knows he's invincible.

Yeah it's pretty great. He's wearing an asymmetrical breast plate and chose the side opposite his heart to cover.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Schwarzwald posted:

It reminds me of the Feared from the First Law books. That dude was invincible on half his body, so only armored the other half.

Wonder if the parallels go deeper, such as picking the wrong fight with the wrong furious dumbass.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I know the relative thinness of his war hammer is actually pretty realistic but its position alongside his leg makes him look like he's ready for some casual game of golf.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
I bet the armour isn't even for protection, Jagganoth probably just imbued it with utility this-and-that magic.

Anyway, great as this update was, it still doesn't compare to the best page in all of K6BD.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Are we still supposed to be rooting for Jagganoth? I'm starting to doubt that he's the good guy.

I don't think we were ever supposed to be rooting for Jagganoth.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

I bet the armour isn't even for protection, Jagganoth probably just imbued it with utility this-and-that magic.

It seems like it's there to psych his opponents out; it's another weapon for him.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I appreciate the detail of Cio's empty glasses frame snagged on her horn in that one panel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I appreciate that jagganoth is kinda hairy and dumpy. Like you can tell sol-dave waxes and poo poo and spends way too long and way too much money on aesthetics, Jagganoth's body is just loving strong and unkempt in any way that dosn't relate to killing people.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 27, 2020