Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004
Turn on autorun with tac sprint to go fast all the time :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb2jNr6S7nc

hearing dude read off a description of a subway platform as "broken up into two halves with each dedicated to a different direction" while calling the whole thing a "fast travel system" including the novel concept of "trains moving in a clockwise or counter clockwise fashion through the locales in order" is like i stepped onto another planet where aliens are teaching a class on how humans organize their "dense living environment"

in the past the fast-travel system was a large bag of sentient meat

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Managing to turn a simple article into 11 minutes of rambling poo poo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Using claymores on shipment is fun. I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of it.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Welcome to YouTube! The longer your videos, the more money you get, as long as people watch a good part of it. So everything gets stretched, filled and padded as much as possible :v:

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

I've heard multiple people complain that tac sprint is wearing out their controller

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

mrking posted:

I've heard multiple people complain that tac sprint is wearing out their controller

brb buying scuf futures

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

If you want to do the dumb slide cancelling bullshit, if you're on PC, you have to bind your crouch to some downward stance change option instead of crouch.

It works fine if you bind it to the regular crouch/slide function.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

MarcusSA posted:

Using claymores on shipment is fun. I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of it.

Mine dead center never fails to entertain, you'll get a lot of EOD duds but somehow a lot of people also haven't learned to have that poo poo on 24/7 yet.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

soggybagel posted:

Yeah that guy is one of the worst

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

i have a gold shield now and also 6 hernias

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/tpQL3pr.gifv

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Nice!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
just a wtf, I guess the trophy turned into my gun and then lasso'd back to me
https://i.imgur.com/YydYhsh.gifv

3 IQ move
https://i.imgur.com/7hyTaUI.gifv

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
Not much you could have done there save for trying to use the truck as a bit of cover till you get to the trees. With four snipers though, even if they all suck one of them will probably plug you with volume of fire.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Chikimiki posted:

Welcome to YouTube! The longer your videos, the more money you get, as long as people watch a good part of it. So everything gets stretched, filled and padded as much as possible :v:

I remember at the genesis of Youtube I thought "maybe, now with people making whatever they want how they want without network execs calling the shots, we will see interesting, original content". Instead, capitalism shines through, magnified by the putridness of human nature, with talentless people shilling as hard as they can to get money and avoid actual work

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

codo27 posted:

I remember at the genesis of Youtube I thought "maybe, now with people making whatever they want how they want without network execs calling the shots, we will see interesting, original content". Instead, capitalism shines through, magnified by the putridness of human nature, with talentless people shilling as hard as they can to get money and avoid actual work

:same:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

fromoutofnowhere posted:

Not much you could have done there save for trying to use the truck as a bit of cover till you get to the trees. With four snipers though, even if they all suck one of them will probably plug you with volume of fire.

Looks like they were trying to pick up that airstrike which would have given them cover to get the gently caress outta there. But instead got into the car.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Push El Burrito posted:

Looks like they were trying to pick up that airstrike which would have given them cover to get the gently caress outta there. But instead got into the car.

Except they moved away from the airstrike and didn't even give it a second look.

I find it funny that you can switch what seat you're in within a half second of pressing the button, but you have to teleport to the other side of the car in order to enter the passenger seat.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I think if you quickly switch seats it'll save you the get in animation but you'll be stuck in place longer while you're out of the driver seat

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Anyone got a definitive on what causes shadows, especially on buildings to flicker at range? I can't quite seem to narrow it down, and when I lower settings it always appears.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

It was aliasing that did it to me with my gtx 1060. I had to use the highest AA setting and Nvidia sharpening in the Nvidia settings.

Even with moody things set to high, I still get some of it now with my 5700xt, but it's rare.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

It works fine if you bind it to the regular crouch/slide function.
The default stance change or whatever bind works fine.

If you want to bind to the specific non-default "crouch" bind so you have to hold to crouch instead of toggle, this button will not work to cancel the slide except very early in the slide.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

What causes you to be able to see a shimmering outline of players through walls sometimes?

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Kramjacks posted:

What causes you to be able to see a shimmering outline of players through walls sometimes?

Probably snapshot grenades

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Danknificent posted:

Probably snapshot grenades

Nah it's some kind of graphical bug. I just played a match and recorded it. It's subtle but when I look through the Kar98's scope here you can see a fuzzy outline of the player moving around in the building. Probly need to watch fullscreen to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud9dhpNqxZw

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

Kramjacks posted:

Nah it's some kind of graphical bug. I just played a match and recorded it. It's subtle but when I look through the Kar98's scope here you can see a fuzzy outline of the player moving around in the building. Probly need to watch fullscreen to see it.

What graphics card do you have? I see the same thing, and have a Radeon 5700 XT. I have looked it up and it seems to be something mainly happening with that card.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

it shriveled up posted:

What graphics card do you have? I see the same thing, and have a Radeon 5700 XT. I have looked it up and it seems to be something mainly happening with that card.

Yep, I've got a 5700 XT as well.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

How TF am I supposed to get kills with the cold blooded perk? I’ve got it on but it’s not giving me kills?

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

MarcusSA posted:

How TF am I supposed to get kills with the cold blooded perk? I’ve got it on but it’s not giving me kills?

You have to say something particularly hurtful.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

You have to say something particularly hurtful.

I’ve been yelling at the screen but it’s not working.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I cry all day and cant sleep at night because the flaming throwing knife shows as a locked item you cant unlock and not just a skin

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

it shriveled up posted:

It's a 5600/700 thing. Higher filmic = easier to see the shimmer and the effect is amplified if you use a higher render resolution than 100

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

drunken officeparty posted:

I cry all day and cant sleep at night because the flaming throwing knife shows as a locked item you cant unlock and not just a skin

GIVE ME FLAMING STICKS YOU COWARDS

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AdventurousEnergeticGrayling-mobile.mp4
https://gfycat.com/adventurousenergeticgrayling

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnequaledGrimyKarakul-mobile.mp4
https://gfycat.com/unequaledgrimykarakul

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Enigma posted:

It was aliasing that did it to me with my gtx 1060. I had to use the highest AA setting and Nvidia sharpening in the Nvidia settings.

Even with moody things set to high, I still get some of it now with my 5700xt, but it's rare.

Yeah, it’s definitely Aliasing related - With SMAA 2x it’s *awful*, like every shadow is visibly flickering, making picking out targets at ranges much more difficult. With filmic SMAA, it’s actually still there I’ve realised, it’s just being masked by the grain (if you stare at the edge of a shadow through a scope it becomes obvious again.)

I can’t figure it out, and it’s very annoying (and I don’t wanna turn off Aliasing because jaggies make my brain sad)

E: Someone else’s video, but looks exactly like this when it does it:
https://youtu.be/5OIuQHAChEQ

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 27, 2020

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

lmao 210 gigs.

I have to install this loving thing on an external drive for my son to be able to play with me on his laptop

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

No but for real why doesn’t the ticket go up when I have the cold blooded perk equipped?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Owlbear Camus posted:

lmao 210 gigs.

I have to install this loving thing on an external drive for my son to be able to play with me on his laptop

Yeah I just had to juggle some stuff too, this is kind of ridic

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Shockeh posted:

Yeah, it’s definitely Aliasing related - With SMAA 2x it’s *awful*, like every shadow is visibly flickering, making picking out targets at ranges much more difficult. With filmic SMAA, it’s actually still there I’ve realised, it’s just being masked by the grain (if you stare at the edge of a shadow through a scope it becomes obvious again.)

I can’t figure it out, and it’s very annoying (and I don’t wanna turn off Aliasing because jaggies make my brain sad)

E: Someone else’s video, but looks exactly like this when it does it:
https://youtu.be/5OIuQHAChEQ

I'm sorry but I'm a pedantic dork and I can't help myself: jaggies are a form of aliasing. Anti aliasing makes them go away. Broadly speaking, aliasing is anything in a picture, video, or audio that isn't supposed to be there but shows up because of the specifics of how continuous data is translated into discrete samples.

In any case, I'm on console so I can't experiment, but I hope it gets fixed because that sounds super annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

LOL car + trophy system + C4 = OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUyBtqI51LI