Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Crazyweasel posted:

This loving Jeremy Davies ramble on HH is killer...like these are all examples people are supposed to watch to be like “hey I want to pay for that!” And this is the one they choose???

I was looking at his page yesterday and his cameos are like an hour long so I guess it's good value for money???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This Flagrant Ones is very good.

I thought Carl had actually bowed out of this episode for a second and I rolled my eyes at him. I apologize Carl, you rule.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

steve sachs and ian garwood had another banger this week

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Actionboyz free feed up

There's nothing on there yet

https://art19.com/shows/actionboyz

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

crimedog posted:

Actionboyz free feed up

There's nothing on there yet

https://art19.com/shows/actionboyz

Wow, that highlight reel really is a good summation of the podcast. Bullshitting, tons of impressions, a little bit of movie discussion, squirt talk...

Looking forward to the exclusive bonus episodes where they only poo poo on free feed listeners

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

squirtoon is maybe the hardest I’ve ever laughed in my whole life

give the action boyz money

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It looks like there's a season 2 of Bonanas for Bonanza starting October 12th

https://twitter.com/TVsAndyDaly/status/1308136475653931008

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yeehaw!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g35KUB5g2DE

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Can anyone explain where episodes 1 & 2 are of Bonanas for Bonanza in the feed?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They're in the Andy Daly Pilot Podcast Project (or whatever) feed iirc.

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"

Mr. Squishy posted:

They're in the Andy Daly Pilot Podcast Project (or whatever) feed iirc.

Season one of the pilot podcast has a Dalton Wilcox episode but not relevant to Bonanza

Season two of the pilot podcast has the first Bonanza episode.

The second Bananas episode was live during a podcast festival

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

Season one of the pilot podcast has a Dalton Wilcox episode but not relevant to Bonanza

Season two of the pilot podcast has the first Bonanza episode.

The second Bananas episode was live during a podcast festival

Excellent. Thank you.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

Excellent. Thank you.

They should really add them to main feed. It’ll be really embarrassing when they get to the end and only have 429 episodes for a series that ran for a scant 431.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The ads on Hollywood handbook are ridiculously long, considering they’re not even new every week. It’s like 7 to 10 minutes at this point.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Golden Bee posted:

The ads on Hollywood handbook are ridiculously long, considering they’re not even new every week. It’s like 7 to 10 minutes at this point.

Haven't they always been? It's one of the reasons I can't fully get into HH. Even with the "good" ads. They come back from a break and usually forget entirely who the guest is. To be fair though most Earwolf ads have always been too long. I don't even really hate ads that much. Give me a 30 second ad that I can sit through then fine but in reality if I hear Scott starting to talk about Stamps dot com I just hit the +30 second button about ten or 15 times. I think once HDTGM stacked all their ads once and it was literally 20 minutes.

Sorry to rant.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They've always been long but they used to be unique.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
There's been a huge shift in the HH ads, both length and quality. I started listening to the premium feed instead because it was ~4 ads in a row instead of 1-2. It's fun to hear one of their dumb ad bits occasionally, but only if it's over in 30 seconds or maaaybe a minute. Having several minutes straight of it is interminable. And now there's a ton of repeats and they clearly don't enjoy the bits anymore.

e: And yeah, the ads situation across Earwolf is awful in general. After two corporate buyouts and probably much more in depth ~analytics tools~ it's definitely something where they're trying to find the line of how much just shy of too much.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 23, 2020

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Also the old HH episode structure was much more amenable to long, goofy ad-reads. These days it can really hurt the flow of an episode.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fair enough. I haven't listened to many podcasts in a while so I have a backlog. Honestly, it may feel counter-intuitive but I think long HH-style ads should be at the end. There are certainly times when the podcast is over and I want just a little more. I'd probably be a lot more inclined to listen on if there's more of the boys doing a Santaman ad or whatever.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The Ape of Naples posted:

They come back from a break and usually forget entirely who the guest is.

they don't record the ads then though im confuse...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think the ads get inserted automatically now or something and they seem to be repeats half the time for me so I just skip them now

though i was actually thinking of buying a new mattress recently but both of the podcast mattress companies have pulled out of europe RIP

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Snooze Cruise posted:

Well, I forget who the guest even was if there's an 8 minute ad break at least.

Also I'm a bad fan because I bought one of the products they advertise and forgot to go through them. Whoops!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Snooze Cruise posted:

Sorry, I mean, I forget who the guest is.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The Ape of Naples posted:

Sorry, I mean, I forget who the guest is.

ohhh okie

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Meundies are pretty good though.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Sean & Hayes forgetting who their guest is after an ad read would be a legitimately good HH bit.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Laterite posted:

Sean & Hayes forgetting who their guest is after an ad read would be a legitimately good HH bit.

Coupled with going in to that same ad seamlessly 'live' to the confusion of the guest who they ignore the whole time.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Paulie F said on the latest Stay F Homekins that Threedom is coming back, and they already recorded at least one episode in Scott's backyard, socially distanced to an absurd degree with extra long microphone cables.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

piratepilates posted:

Paulie F said on the latest Stay F Homekins that Threedom is coming back, and they already recorded at least one episode in Scott's backyard, socially distanced to an absurd degree with extra long microphone cables.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFk99Mmgb1o/?igshid=9c64t930gr1s

scotties back yard is sick as hellllll

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Quick, what’s his celebritynetworth

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

EL BROMANCE posted:

PFT has not mentioned names but when talking about his group trips he mentioned "my friends all have significantly more money than me."

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
They laughed when Siri said PFT and Scott has the same net worth.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I've been listening to 2019 episodes of Hollywood Handbook on The Ads Version feed and I swear the third season of Hello From the Magic Tavern has "just begun" for 9 months at this point

Also I forgot about John Levenstein's story of how Warren Littlefield tried to sell NBC writers on a show about the "Pranks" family. "Picture breakfast. Picture the toast."

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

If you have premium, go check out the newest the kingdom on Culture Kings. Carl is in his loving bag. It is like 10 min of pure Tart magic.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

EL BROMANCE posted:

Well he sold his previous house for more than $2 million, so I guess some amount more than that?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

JethroMcB posted:

I've been listening to 2019 episodes of Hollywood Handbook on The Ads Version feed and I swear the third season of Hello From the Magic Tavern has "just begun" for 9 months at this point

I just got through that stretch. I hate Arnie Niekamp's voice SO loving MUCH.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
why would you listen to the ads you already have a premium subscription to listen to pro version HH

the chris fleming episode was an absolute all timer, so good

https://twitter.com/SeanClements/status/1310235517351583749

congrats sean

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

16 years sober and people still keep kicking his happy meal rear end up and down main street

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

bump_fn posted:

why would you listen to the ads you already have a premium subscription to listen to pro version HH

Because it's HH and the ads are good

They got in trouble for saying people put Quip toothbrushes up their butts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I listen to the ads when they get talked about here, but otherwise I don't like to sit through ads otherwise. I really enjoyed the Away luggage and Brilliant Earth ads once I heard them, though.