Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

seiferguy posted:

They've been liked to Clay Mathews since like before last season ended.

Fake news; nobody likes Clay Mathews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
That was a mistake, they were talking about a molded clay statue of Matthew Thomas who sometimes fills in on the practice squad

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Coldforge posted:

Fake news; nobody likes Clay Mathews.

Kaepernick did if I remember my early 10s right.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Why do you need a pass rush when jamal Adams leads the team in sacks :newdanger:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

MakaVillian posted:

Are coaching staffs tested as frequently as the players though? If not I can see why the coaches and support staff have to wear masks.

Of course it's kind of pointless when the majority never seem to actually wear the masks.

As far as I know everyone is tested every single day when they come in to work, and there are more precautionary measures as well. The only unknown element is the remote possibility of fans bringing it in and somehow coughing it all the way down to the field, although the fans being brought in are also subject to temperature checks at least. If it was possible to let someone in who had COVID then the entire system is for nothing so they're probably pretty careful about it. It's been working thus far anyways

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It's 100% possible because you can spread it without having symptoms for up to two weeks. If you're not in an extremely strict bubble where everyone has been regularly tested in ANOTHER bubble for 3 weeks before entering yours then there's literally no good way to tell if someone has it or not.

The NBA is the only sport I know of that's even coming close to doing this.

Temp checks are basically a flimsy last line of defense against some malicious or extremely stupid person running around with severe symptoms in public places.

Edit: very regular testing among a population you can quickly contact-trace is a really good way to immediately stop spread if you do find it, it's just not an actual system to prevent contraction on its own.

Edit2: fans spreading it to players probably isnt really any concern, fan to fan is the big worry Im guessing.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 25, 2020

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

The new CableThanos_ is up!

https://twitter.com/cablethanos_/status/1309598263780102144?s=21

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

lmao

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
False dichotomy, we bought one with our steadfast faith in the other

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's 100% possible because you can spread it without having symptoms for up to two weeks. If you're not in an extremely strict bubble where everyone has been regularly tested in ANOTHER bubble for 3 weeks before entering yours then there's literally no good way to tell if someone has it or not.

Temp checks are basically a flimsy last line of defense against some malicious or extremely stupid person running around with severe symptoms in public places.

Edit: very regular testing among a population you can quickly contact-trace is a really good way to immediately stop spread if you do find it, it's just not an actual system to prevent contraction on its own.

Edit2: fans spreading it to players probably isnt really any concern, fan to fan is the big worry Im guessing.

Yeah fan to fan is much more likely, for sure. As far as players, coaches and staff they aren't allowed into the building until they've done their rapid test every morning. As far as I know no players have come down with it since play started and there have been three or four staff who were positive and were successfully screened. It's actually working amazingly well to be honest, I foresaw a lot more player transmission from guys going out and partying.

It's working well but the thing I don't agree with is having fans in the stadium, that's a pointless risk that could get someone hurt or killed. The NFL is absolving themselves of all responsibility by saying they will follow whatever local government rules there are, even if those rules are loving stupid.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I didnt even know about the rapid testing. I assume there are heavy intra-organization penalties for doing anything that exposes yourself in your off time.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I didnt even know about the rapid testing. I assume there are heavy intra-organization penalties for doing anything that exposes yourself in your off time.

Let's hope so. Someone brought up in another thread about players on a 1-5 team travelling to a big city and wanting to go out being the a big danger to everyone's health

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

MakaVillian posted:

Let's hope so. Someone brought up in another thread about players on a 1-5 team travelling to a big city and wanting to go out being the a big danger to everyone's health

2021 - The Washington Superspreaders

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Brian schottenheimer is going to take over when Pete does isn't he?

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The NHL is doing a better job than any of the major four sports. The participating teams have been covid free since the end of July.

Edit: Participating, meaning the teams that were involved in the "season" in the return after shut down.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 26, 2020

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Pretty sure NHL viewership in the US is still vastly higher than MLS. Internationally is different, but internationally there's also no "major four".

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I wonder what MLS viewership could be if it wasn’t positioned as a niche europhile gimmick. I played soccer for way longer than any other sport as a kid but if I wanted to listen to a bunch of British poo poo id just watch the premier league. “NYCFC” lmao even the taliban is more popular in America than that dumb poo poo.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

May the cowboys lose and MetLife take pity on Nick Mullens.

Glory to the run, amen.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

GAME DAY

Let Russ Cook and sauté Dak Amen.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

kensei posted:

GAME DAY

Let Russ Cook and sauté Dak Amen.

So let it be cooked, so let it be won

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The Cook

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Dallas dline is going to absolutely destroy Seattle's pass protection.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

half cocaine posted:

Dallas dline is going to absolutely destroy Seattle's pass protection.

I’m feeling optimistic! I think they will do fine with a couple embarrassing plays

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
RUSS COOK
DAK SHOOK

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

The Rams uniforms look like the old California license plates.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
RIP kyle Nelson, this is not a good economy to lose your job in.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
SAME OLD SORRY rear end RAMS

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Laughing at the Rams and also the Giants for getting destroyed by backups.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I don’t think these 49ers are destined for any real success with the injuries, but they looked alright today. Better team building than in the past, but I doubt the defense makes it through the real offenses on the schedule.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBiderman/status/1310313361381318656?s=20

Oh, come on!

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Whoops, this was meant for the gameday thread!

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Same old sorry rear end rams...

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

That was basically a live scrimmage for the Niners, but everyone (except Nelson) looked fine. Mullins looked solid, he made good reads and threw the ball with zip into some tight spots. Defense... was okay. We're in trouble within the division though.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

NFC... Best!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
We finally let Russ cook just in time to have one of the worst defenses in the league

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Niners did a scorigami this week :dukedog:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Thank you Robbie Gould for the double resurrection in kicker eliminator.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Benne posted:

We finally let Russ cook just in time to have one of the worst defenses in the league

It's like poetry. It rhymes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I just learned the 49ers did not punt today.