Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Somehow I managed to pick up Russell Gage for only $1 today. I'm very confused by this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just saw that the Panthers promoted RB Reggie Bonnafon to the active roster. If you need temp RB help in any league he may be a good pickup - he DESTROYED the Jaguars when he gave McCaffrey a breather last year. The Jaguars run D was bad but he ran just as wild as McCaffrey did. He might be a good pickup if you need a RB. Who knows if he'll even see the field but with how bad Mike Davis was at running I would think that Bonnafon would see some looks pretty quick. I think Curtis Samuel ran it better than Davis?

Gearman posted:

Somehow I managed to pick up Russell Gage for only $1 today. I'm very confused by this.
Congrats!

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 26, 2020

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Gearman posted:

He was sitting on the waiver wire for free in 60% of yahoo leagues yesterday. Wild poo poo

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
You should never bet $1 FAAB on a WW...just saying

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

TommyGun85 posted:

Eh, I do $1 bids all the time on every position besides RB.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

TommyGun85 posted:

In this league, the minimum is $0 and it's very rare for people to bid anything other than $0 for Saturday waivers. Looking at the list, there were actually three $0 bids for him!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gearman posted:

In this league, the minimum is $0 and it's very rare for people to bid anything other than $0 for Saturday waivers. Looking at the list, there were actually three $0 bids for him!

I've won a lot of faab bids with $3, or just going $1 over bids like 20, 25, etc.

Its always funny

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I always go a dollar more than what my gut tells me. I’ve won so many bids by bidding $6 or $11 or $21.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the $2/$8/$13 bids in this league ($60 budget). At the very least, it price enforces, and if I win it's usually not much of an overpay.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm through the looking glass on going over. In my $200 free agency league I recently got Darrell Henderson for $54 and I tied with someone else and luckily had the tie-breaker.

So now 5 dollars over is the new hotness I guess but I'll probably go 6 over to beat out whoever also thought of this

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I got James Robinson on Sep 9 for $6 in a faab league with a $1000 budget.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

I got James Robinson on Sep 9 for $6 in a faab league with a $1000 budget.

My man

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

mastershakeman posted:

Guy with Russ Wilson and Mahomes keeps trying to trade one of them to me for a stud RB (CEH was his latest ask).

What's a reasonable trade for this in .5 ppr 10 man league? I grabbed minshew who had a wet fart of a game after dropping stafford, and tannehill / burrow have been available as well. Would giving up Mixon be too much ? I have miles sanders, CEH and james robinson at RB as well as Zack Moss/Leveon Bell (in case gase gets fired) on IR

Feels like a trade that'd be worth it closer to the trade deadline. Like Mixon for Mahomes if you're trying to tighten up your lineup for playoffs.

I think Stafford and Tannehill will be fine for most of the season though, especially when they get their top receivers back.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Just noticed Slayton is available in one of my leagues. Worth dropping J.Brown or Jones Jr for him?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

freeman posted:

Feels like a trade that'd be worth it closer to the trade deadline. Like Mixon for Mahomes if you're trying to tighten up your lineup for playoffs.

I think Stafford and Tannehill will be fine for most of the season though, especially when they get their top receivers back.

Yeah I would like to package all my backups for a stud but this early it's hard to tell who to target. Our league went up to 3 IR spots for covid concerns and I'm abusing them by stashing a bunch of guys for later. Hell, someone just dropped gallup which to me is insane, I added him but will never start him im sure.

Guess I have to just stand pat and hope until the byes+mounting injuries start loving people

Right now I'm near dead last with in 10 man .5 ppr with
Qb minshew
Rb CEH, mixon, miles sanders, james robinson, Zach moss (ir) cam akers (ir)
Wr: mclaurin, dj moore, lockett, gallup, cooks, cole, deebo (ir)
Te: ertz, gesicki
K: Koo
Def: charges and cardinals

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Sep 27, 2020

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1310240282311626752?s=19

STARTIN TWO RUSSELLS TODAY OOOH YEAH

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Gearman posted:

Just plucked him off FA thanks to this post. 👌🏻

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

My bench for the second week in a row

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I’m missing Thomas, Julio, and Kittle this week. Same team.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
Thinking about dumping Julio for an elite QB1. Guy in my league has both Kyler and Josh Allen, might try and do a 1 for 1 swap if possible.

Kind of stacked at WR, Amari Cooper DJ Moore AJ Brown and Chris Godwin. Think it’s worth it or just wait on Julio to pop off? Having one of those QBs who consistently get mid 20s to 30s every week seems like a good trade off

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Woke up hung over as poo poo bleary eyed at ten minutes before kickoff and took all players who are out out of my lineup.

Except I missed Julio Jones in one league and would have started Justin Jefferson.

Unrelated has fantasy ever made anyone else literally want to cry actual tears?

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

The year of the Jamaalocaust I had Jamaal Charles and was in the playoffs...in the consolation bracket. Because I lost by 0.5 points the previous week. It would have been a slam dunk if I had made it to the championship.

A few years later, I traded away Todd Gurley for Michael Thomas because I could keep Michael Thomas for two years as my 15th round pick. A week later, Todd Gurley would begin his utter destruction of the NFL. The Todd Gurley owner went on to win back-to-back championships.

I've never won a championship in this league in the ten-plus years I've been in it.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

funny way to spell posted:

Thinking about dumping Julio for an elite QB1. Guy in my league has both Kyler and Josh Allen, might try and do a 1 for 1 swap if possible.

Kind of stacked at WR, Amari Cooper DJ Moore AJ Brown and Chris Godwin. Think it’s worth it or just wait on Julio to pop off? Having one of those QBs who consistently get mid 20s to 30s every week seems like a good trade off

Who is your QB? Which are available on the wire? Kyler isn't going to keep averaging 80-1.5 on the ground, Josh Allen isn't going to keep averaging 350-3-0 in the air (e: at least he probably won't lol), Julio will be your WR1 when healthy and likely will keep averaging near 100 yards a game like he has for the past however many years. It'd need to be really weird settings or circumstances in your league for it to be worth it.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 27, 2020

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Singletary looks fantastic. I'm jealous as I have like no RBs .

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok I might need to figure out how to start James Robinson

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

the_american_dream posted:

Ok I might need to figure out how to start James Robinson

I'm not an expert but I think you need to drop Fournette first.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Just plucked him off FA thanks to this post. 👌🏻

I hope you didnt start him like I did. I took out Gibson for him when I heard Julio was out.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
So Brandon Cooks is cooked. Dropped him to fill my empty kicker spot in my BML. Thanks to the goon who suggested I wait until after some games are done Sunday before making a decision on who to drop. I had eyed Mason Crosby for his 5pm start Sunday, so I could have waited until after the 1pm PST games as well, but Cooks made it an easy choice.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

TommyGun85 posted:

I hope you didnt start him like I did. I took out Gibson for him when I heard Julio was out.

I did, but only because:

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

My bench for the second week in a row

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I think it's time to dump Odell

Or at least bench him for Tyler Boyd

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Intruder posted:

I think it's time to dump Odell

Or at least bench him for Tee Higgins.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I uh.... I may be in love with Russell Wilson. I need a new team name or a t-shirt or something.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bye Carson/Season

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

kiimo posted:

Bye Carson/Season

That poo poo looked downright dirty on the cowboys player. Straight up crocodile rolling while grabbing his leg, wtf.

edit:
https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1310363308386668550

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 28, 2020

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So I felt confident in my Dak Prescott pick when I made it. But the last two weeks? Jesus Christ. I did not expect that.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

VietCampo posted:

That poo poo looked downright dirty on the cowboys player. Straight up crocodile rolling while grabbing his leg, wtf.

edit:
https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1310363308386668550

Looked dirty at full speed, looks intentionally dirty in the replay.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

thrawn527 posted:

So I felt confident in my Dak Prescott pick when I made it. But the last two weeks? Jesus Christ. I did not expect that.

I had the choice between Dak and Wilson. Probably the first time the fantasy gods have been kind to me.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

if someone offered you Ingram for Carson right now would you take it?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

kiimo posted:

Bye Carson/Season

He'll be fine, apparently

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1310404856331419649

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

This is 2020.

Tomorrow morning his head will fall off.

He'll be deemed questionable.