Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Zerilan posted:

Was there even anything interesting in his returns they got? Like I assume he paid some laughably low amount but conservatives are just going to see that as a sign of his brilliance with money.

He paid $750 two separate years which is hilarious. James Carville interrupted connecting this all to Russia to tell us that Donald Trump is looking for some way to resign and get a pardon because it's all over :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

General Bullshit posted:

He paid $750 two separate years which is hilarious. James Carville interrupted connecting this all to Russia to tell us that Donald Trump is looking for some way to resign and get a pardon because it's all over :lol:

hahahahaha

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tara D. Sonenshine is former U.S. under secretary of state for public diplomacy and public affairs.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Judakel posted:

hahahahaha

lmao

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Judakel posted:

hahahahaha

Michael Cohen is now on answering each question by dropping a plug for his podcast.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

General Bullshit posted:

Michael Cohen is now on answering each question by dropping a plug for his podcast.

goddamn. sometimes i wish i had cable

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Judakel posted:

goddamn. sometimes i wish i had cable

He has mentioned his podcast three times and also some book he wrote.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

It seems bad that in all that time since 1876, no one has fixed that major flaw in our Constitution because the Electoral College gives Republicans an electoral edge and that's all that matters. The wealthy benefit from an 1876 scenario anyway as long as they have the referees on their side, but if not for that and the Republican tendency to apply Mutually Assured Destruction as leverage in national negotiations, there could have been a compromise leaving them with an equal advantage.

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 01:39 on Sep 28, 2020

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Victory Position posted:

all of this talk of Catholics and Protestants when we should have been singling out the alien other: the Orthodox Church

one of the books I read earlier this year talked about how the seeds of Western Russophobia date back to the schism between Catholicism and Orthodox Christianity - the progenitor of "communists want to take over the world" was the fabrication of a will allegedly by Peter the Great that he wanted to conquer the world.

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

im fuckign dying

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Representatives for President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden have hammered out the final details for Tuesday’s debate, a showdown that will be heavily shaped by the coronavirus pandemic.

The two sides have decided to forego the traditional pre-debate handshake in light of the virus, according to a person with direct knowledge of the negotiations. They also won’t do an elbow-bump, a coronavirus-era handshake substitute which both campaigns saw as awkward.

Neither Trump nor Biden nor the debate moderator, Fox News host Chris Wallace, will wear masks.

And unlike past presidential debates, there will be a limited audience of only 75 to 80 people, all of whom will be tested prior to attending the debate, which will be held on the campus of the Cleveland Clinic and Case Western Reserve University.

In another concession to the pandemic, there will not be a post-debate spin room, either. Rather, media outlets will have to schedule interviews with surrogates for the campaigns.

After a coin flip, it was determined that the first question of the 90-minute showdown will go to Trump. The president will stand to the right and Biden to the left.

The negotiations were described as amicable. Biden was represented by Brady Williamson, an attorney and longtime Democratic hand. Trump was represented by Rick Ahearn, who also helped lead debate negotiations for him in 2016, and Max Miller, the deputy campaign manager for presidential operations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Willa Rogers posted:

Representatives for President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden have hammered out the final details for Tuesday’s debate, a showdown that will be heavily shaped by the coronavirus pandemic.

The two sides have decided to forego the traditional pre-debate handshake in light of the virus, according to a person with direct knowledge of the negotiations. They also won’t do an elbow-bump, a coronavirus-era handshake substitute which both campaigns saw as awkward.

Neither Trump nor Biden nor the debate moderator, Fox News host Chris Wallace, will wear masks.

And unlike past presidential debates, there will be a limited audience of only 75 to 80 people, all of whom will be tested prior to attending the debate, which will be held on the campus of the Cleveland Clinic and Case Western Reserve University.

In another concession to the pandemic, there will not be a post-debate spin room, either. Rather, media outlets will have to schedule interviews with surrogates for the campaigns.

After a coin flip, it was determined that the first question of the 90-minute showdown will go to Trump. The president will stand to the right and Biden to the left.

The negotiations were described as amicable. Biden was represented by Brady Williamson, an attorney and longtime Democratic hand. Trump was represented by Rick Ahearn, who also helped lead debate negotiations for him in 2016, and Max Miller, the deputy campaign manager for presidential operations.

oh poo poo so there will be people. yeeeessss

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
trump needs an audience to get hate or love from. doesn't matter. he needs it.

doesn't say anything about the drug test.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i cannot wait for this debate lmao

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:suicide:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lmao why would the Biden campaign agree to an audience. Might as well just give him the questions in advance

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Utterly perfect but not for the reason the person who made this thinks

more like udderly perfect amirite?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

triple sulk posted:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

triple sulk posted:

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

triple sulk posted:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

triple sulk posted:

put all the lids in the cabinet and call them plates :ssh:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

It is infinitely frustrating how liberal voters have internalized that voters are responsible for giving the Dems votes to win rather than Dems being responsible for earning them.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Trying to imagine 50,000 Williamsburg creatives landing in anchorage and contemplating the reality of living in Airport Heights or whatever the gently caress.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Watching that show designated survivor. Its got some main character is succ as hell. Whole supreme court is dead so he wants to make it 4 lib 4 con and 1 independent for a balanced court. Thinking he has the big brain compromise no one can be against.

Republicans are like nah lets do 5 cons and 4 libs lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Raccooon posted:

Watching that show designated survivor. Its got some main character is succ as hell. Whole supreme court is dead so he wants to make it 4 lib 4 con and 1 independent for a balanced court. Thinking he has the big brain compromise no one can be against.

Republicans are like nah lets do 5 cons and 4 libs lol

if you cut out all the spy action poo poo, Designated Survivor is an even worse reincarnation of The West Wing's succlib politics

also, reminder that this plan was unironically suggested by Pete Buttigeig

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

It is infinitely frustrating how liberal voters have internalized that voters are responsible for giving the Dems votes to win rather than Dems being responsible for earning them.

Notice the pattern of how Dems push their setbacks onto other things in a never ending blame game?

People are believing in "Just Vote!" was they fast track someone accused of rape as the general election candidate.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

if you cut out all the spy action poo poo, Designated Survivor is an even worse reincarnation of The West Wing's succlib politics

also, reminder that this plan was unironically suggested by Pete Buttigeig

The politics poo poo on the show is so bad. Like whole government is killed. They finally reform the legislature. first thing they do? Gun reform bill lol. Feel like in that situation there is more pressing poo poo to do first.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Trying to imagine 50,000 Williamsburg creatives landing in anchorage and contemplating the reality of living in Airport Heights or whatever the gently caress.

A The Shining reboot but it's about a lib family moving to the middle of nowhere to vote.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

General Bullshit posted:

A certain parent forum is also convinced the IRS is going to frogmarch trumo out of the whitehouse for fraud and this will be the thing that makes people change their votes. The fact that he said he paid no taxes in a debate in 2016 because he's working within a system created by people like biden and hillary and it didn't hurt him doesn't seem to register.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So is the guy supposed to look like some over-the-top stereotype of a male liberal or what, with the coffee and man-bun

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
he has a little fly next to his head because libs are dirty commies and they smell

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

..isn't that his left eye?

I'm not sure the artist apparently having the skills of a 5 year old is an improvement, mind you...

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kazak_Hstan posted:

they're pretty much all middling trust fund kids from sheboygan or akron anyway they moved out of the hinterlands for a reason

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Excelzior posted:

..isn't that his left eye?

I'm not sure the artist apparently having the skills of a 5 year old is an improvement, mind you...

It's a Rallian eye

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

prying open my left eye

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

triple sulk posted:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

A reminder how West Wing fans perceive how debates go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85dKvletfSo

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

When politicians give speeches like that, I think people start to go "gently caress you and your theatrics, and your scripted clever lines," referring to "trumped up trickle down [pause for audience? no? okay]" moments that Clinton, Klobuchar, and Swalwell had. "Just loving tell me what you believe and why you think you're right"

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A reminder how West Wing fans perceive how debates go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85dKvletfSo

i never watched this show and it seems like sheen does a good job acting but its also extremely fail in every clip you guys post. hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

New Ben Garrison just dropped

Only registered members can see post attachments!