Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

9/27 WMOTY: Drew McIntyre vs. Randy Orton Ambulance Match

The most contrived loving thing I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WMOTYC: Drew McIntyre vs. Randy Orton - WWE Clash of Champions 9/27

Slow, plodding, and completely rear end-backwards booking throughout.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Pylons posted:

Not technically the worst "cinematic" match that the WWE has done this year, but they had multiple continuity fuckups where either guy was bleeding from spots that happened later in the match, went to another camera cut and weren't bleeding yet. A very rhetorical "How do you gently caress this up"

Nth. It wasn't as slow and boring as Edge/Orton but they made that look like a masterclass in editing on top of making the dude that's supposed to be carrying your company loving weak for needing Big Show, Christian, and HBK interfering to win the match like Orton was some kind of Terminator.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
WMOTYC: Roman Reigns vs. Jey Uso, WWE Clash of Champions

Embarrassing community theater "acting" ruined what should've been a cool little match

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

WMOTY: Roman Reigns vs Jey Uso, Clash of Champions 9/27

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP TALKING

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Benne posted:

Embarrassing community theater "acting" ruined what should've been a cool little match

Nth. For a half second I thought they were going to give Jey some shine and let him look good coming out of this match.

Then it went completely off the rails with ACTING.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Benne posted:

Nth

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Pylons posted:

Nth

Benne posted:

Nth

And, to be fair to WWE:

RealFoxy posted:

I'm going to HM this with an asterisk.

9/27: Clash of Champions, Sami Zayn vs AJ Styles vs Jeff Hardy in a Ladder Match

They wrestled well in the WWE environment, they had a really silly gimmick in the middle of the match, but whether I was laughing at them or with them I was entertained. Of course all three guys have had several better ladder matches each, but in the WWE bubble in the year 2020 I thought it was dumb fun that I'd watch again

Nth - I thought this was a good match.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

why don't they just let their very talented wrestlers have a good regular match?????

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Benne posted:

Yeah. Not happy with a decent family rivalry turning into literal domestic violence for the last 10 minutes of the match.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Shingo Takagi vs. Will Ospreay - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 5 9/27

Really, really good match full of a ton of innovative offense, counters and big moves (and some sweet loving lariats). These two haven't lost a step since they last met as Junior Heavyweights, the only thing missing from this match was a crowd being allowed to lose their loving minds.

I'll give this a MOTYC nod. The pace and the way they were laying everything in was incredible. And those counters were amazing

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NienNunb posted:

why don't they just let their very talented wrestlers have a good regular match?????

You think that W stands for wrestling?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
MOTYC - Ishii vs Ibushi, NJPW G1 Climax Night 5, 27/09
MOTYC - Ospreay vs Takagi, NJPW G1 Climax Night 5, 27/09

I could watch either of these pairs have matches forever. Goddamn that was good.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: Jay White vs Okada
MOTYC: Takagi vs Ospreay, Ishii vs Ibushi g1 climiax Night 4

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

HM Hardy/Styles/Zayn COC 2020

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
WMOTYC: Roman vs Uce - Clash of Champions 2020.

This was complete cringe right through and what's worse, it had potential to be cool and good.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nth

Can't agree with the two WM noms, they were both just quite boring and long

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
9/27 G1
HM
Ishii vs Ibushi
Okada vs White

MOTYC
Ospreay vs Shingo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Thanlis posted:

HM: Suzuki/Cobb, NJPW G1 Climax Night 5 9/27

Suzuki getting excited about a bit of mat wrestling to start is right up Thanlis Alley, and the match progressed just fine from there.
2nd this

TriffTshngo posted:

G1 Climax Night 5 [9/27]
MOTYC
Tomohiro Ishii vs Kota Ibushi - I have no insightful commentary for this match. They hit each other a lot. It whipped rear end. Watch it. This was easily the match of the tournament so far.

Also 2nd this

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Agreed wonderful car crash of a ladder match might even upgrade it to moytc

LionYeti fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Sep 29, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Maybe posting a match a few hours before the G1 starts is a bad idea but here

MOTYC: Suzu Suzuki (c) vs. Tsukushi for the ICEx∞ Championship - Ice Ribbon Knights of Ribbon (9/20)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrHt6DVA4mM

there was a question in the wrestling questions thread about the best zoomer wrestlers and Suzu and Skoosh have to be in the conversation. Absolute violence from the two of them in this match. Probably one of the best joshi matches of the whole year. Wholeheartedly recommend this

also if there were a weirdest match of the year thread, I'd surely recommend this match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg4z2w11vxQ

I've seen it twice and have absolutely no idea why anything that happened in it happened. The second time was in DDT's Dropkick bar and we asked Sayaka Obihiro of Gatoh Move to explain what happened and she told us "nobody here understood that"

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Sep 29, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Maybe posting a match a few hours before the G1 starts is a bad idea but here

MOTYC: Suzu Suzuki (c) vs. Tsukushi for the ICEx∞ Championship - Ice Ribbon Knights of Ribbon (9/20)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrHt6DVA4mM

there was a question in the wrestling questions thread about the best zoomer wrestlers and Suzu and Skoosh have to be in the conversation. Absolute violence from the two of them in this match. Probably one of the best joshi matches of the whole year. Wholeheartedly recommend this

2nd this, fantastic wrestling

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Zack Sabre Jr vs. KENTA - NJPW G1 Climax Night 6 9/29

Basically a textbook example of an HM, I thought. Just two very, very good wrestlers having a very, very good match that played off their individual and conflicting strengths.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. KENTA, NJPW G1 Climax Night 6, 29/09

Two wrestlers with very different styles that fit together really drat well

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Honorable Mentions: NJPW G1 Climax Night Six 2020
Zack Sabre Jr vs KENTA

ZSJ vs KENTA is probably my favorite G1 Climax match so far.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

KENTA rules, Zack rules, match ruled, 2nd'd

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

2nd. Loved that

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Toru Yano vs. EVIL, NJPW G1 Climax Night 6, 29/09

More dick hits for the dick hit god

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

So good, Yano always lives up to the CHAOS name. 2nded.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rarity posted:

Rarity posted:

nth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Basically a textbook example of an HM, I thought. Just two very, very good wrestlers having a very, very good match that played off their individual and conflicting strengths.

Nth. Thought it was really good, around the level of the N-1 matches i've been nominating, but not to the level of Ishii/Ibushi was

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

HM - NOAH N-1 Victory 26th September
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Yoshiki Inamura

Katsu's dedication to kicking the crap out of his new stablemates is something to be admired

Masaaki Mochizuki vs Manabu Soya

Mocchy is my pick for the best 50+ wrestler in the world, dude still brings the fire. Soya was great as the charging bull and more than held up his end of the match.

Go Shiozaki vs Masa Kitamiya

Go continues to be one of the best in the world, and plays the part of the wounded Ace really well. What a fun show

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Jerusalem posted:

nth, two great wrestlers playing very well off each others strengths, should have been the main event

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM for ZSJ vs KENTA and YTR vs EVIL.

The last 30 seconds of YTR vs EVIL is the hardest I've laughed since... well probably a Dark Order sketch on BTE, but it was still funny.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Katsu's dedication to kicking the crap out of his new stablemates is something to be admired

Mocchy is my pick for the best 50+ wrestler in the world, dude still brings the fire. Soya was great as the charging bull and more than held up his end of the match.

Go continues to be one of the best in the world, and plays the part of the wounded Ace really well. What a fun show
Nth all three of these. God I love NOAH right now

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

nth

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
G1 Climax Night 6 [9/29]
MOTYC
Zack Sabre Jr. vs KENTA - One of the rare instances where it wasn't just "a ZSJ match featuring some of the other guy's offense and spots" and they gelled rather well. Definitely want to see this one again at some point for a title and with a bit more time because I really enjoyed it.

HM
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Juice Robinson - This wasn't anything especially spectacular but both these guys are a ton of fun and ridiculously likable and the crowd loves both of them so I gotta give it props for just making me smile the whole time.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

HM: Shingo Takagi vs. Will Ospreay - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 5 9/27
HM: Kazuchika Okada vs. Jay White - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 5 9/27
HM: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. KENTA - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 6 9/29

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Rarity posted:

Yeah, nth. Not a superb night but I sure liked this one.

Edit to make Jru's life harder:

HM: Naito vs. Goto - NJPW G1 Climax 30 Night 6 9/29

Thanlis fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
MOTYC Kota Ibushi vs Jeff Cobb G1 Climax 30.09

A fantastic clash of styles and a fantastic effort from both guys. Just pure magic.