Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Meanwhile on the other end of the dumbass Ospreay takes spectrum.

https://twitter.com/DoTheCrab/status/1310177039551520768

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

bizarre follow up

https://twitter.com/DoTheCrab/status/1310261444118810624?s=19

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I mean he's not wrong.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It's way more accurate to criticize AEW for Justin Roberts and Darby Allin than Jimmy Havoc who they pulled basically immediately and let go after a few months.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
because all wrestling is morally reprehensible, i'll watch the worst and most morally reprehensible wrestling there is

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

because all wrestling is morally reprehensible, i'll watch the worst and most morally reprehensible wrestling there is

Go big or go home.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://twitter.com/MrTooDamnChris/...ingawful.com%2F

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lmfao The rock craves baby blood.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

John Cena hates Serbia (he said that), The Rock eats babies.... tough time to be a wrestling fan.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I've seen what The Rock eats in a day and it's totally reasonable he could accidentally eat a whole baby and not notice

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sasha Banks dreamed she was The Rock once.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

Sasha Banks dreamed she was The Rock once.

Then she woke up and her baby shaped pillow was missing.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Rock is already a republican who almost certainly voted Bush twice, no one needs to make poo poo up about him to get across the point that he's a monster.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

John Cena hates Serbia (he said that), The Rock eats babies.... tough time to be a wrestling fan.

He didn't say that.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

He did, I saw it in a screenshot.

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Vince MechMahon posted:

The Rock is already a republican who almost certainly voted Bush twice, no one needs to make poo poo up about him to get across the point that he's a monster.

Yeah but the people saying the Rock eats babies don't think Bush is monstrous. So they have to invent a way.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Mohawk Potato posted:

Yeah but the people saying the Rock eats babies don't think Bush is monstrous. So they have to invent a way.

Nah, this reads like standard Q people. They think the Bushes are liberals and thus also eat babies.

Anyone who's not an incredibly transparent authoritarian is a deep state pedovore.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The Albanian Alpha John Cena vs The Virgin Biden Beta Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

He’s planning to run for president soon, but for now he’s just biden his time

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I saw The Rock and Joe Biden in the closest and they were eating a baby and the baby looked at me.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/1310602684572012546

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
In all fairness, the statute of limitations on being racist has expired, nobody can bring it up anymore.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I didn't realize the "Save the Children" thing was about saving them from being eaten. That's different.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

STAC Goat posted:

I didn't realize the "Save the Children" thing was about saving them from being eaten. That's different.
What the Children need to be Saved from is, apparently, that The Cabal Of Global Elites is molesting them to spike their blood with adrenaline, turning it into a life extending drug that they drink to gain immortality.

Yeah.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It also has the super cool side effect of making it harder to get people to take actual real human trafficking seriously, because now when you hear it you think of some swivel-eyed lunatic ranting about pizza

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

It also has the super cool side effect of making it harder to get people to take actual real human trafficking seriously, because now when you hear it you think of some swivel-eyed lunatic ranting about pizza

Almost as if that's the point. 👁️

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

davidbix posted:

What the Children need to be Saved from is, apparently, that The Cabal Of Global Elites is molesting them to spike their blood with adrenaline, turning it into a life extending drug that they drink to gain immortality.

Yeah.

God this poo poo pisses me off. I understand the mechanics of conspiracy so I understand why it happens but it's maddening how it mirrors real stuff going on but distorts it into crazy poo poo and then tries to paint all the villians as the heroes. So according to them there is a cabal of evil billionaires obsessed with long life and abusing kids and the people who will stop them are... everyone in the panama papers? Peter Thiel? Jeffrey Epstein's friend Donald Trump? I don't think that's right at all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dimebags Brain posted:

I saw The Rock and Joe Biden in the closest and they were eating a baby and the baby looked at me.

Monster Bono looked at you!?!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

God this poo poo pisses me off. I understand the mechanics of conspiracy so I understand why it happens but it's maddening how it mirrors real stuff going on but distorts it into crazy poo poo and then tries to paint all the villians as the heroes. So according to them there is a cabal of evil billionaires obsessed with long life and abusing kids and the people who will stop them are... everyone in the panama papers? Peter Thiel? Jeffrey Epstein's friend Donald Trump? I don't think that's right at all.

I've been following QAnon since it was called FBI Anon and I would not be surprised at all if it was created specifically to muddy the waters around Epstein's real collaborators and shield them from the fallout because it all came out about the same time.

It has been good I think to dispel the myth that wrestlers nowadays are just nice, gentle nerds who love video games and not still in a large part psychotic, harmful grifters. Because thinking the former can break your heart and it's a sentiment I was seeing everywhere with new fans a few years ago.

There are still plenty of good guys and gals though, and it's important to celebrate and believe in them, for your sanity as much as the sanity of the wrestling business. to me a wrestler believing in q anon should disqualify them from public life, it's possibly the most harmful ideology to come about in this century.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The funniest poo poo I learned yesterday is that QAnon is apparently named for Q Clearance, which the guy leaking it supposedly has. Q Clearance is for....the Department of Energy.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

there isn't enough growth hormone on earth to make another rock so that conspiracy falls on its face right out of the gate. 0/10

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Probably time to move on from the Q-Anon discussion now, as bizarrely fascinating as it it (and long past time for its true believers to have moved on too) and get the thread back on topic, thanks.

https://twitter.com/phillipgrove/status/1310663678576951296

It's a shame Eddie Kingston's career was destroyed forever by the coward Cody.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

Probably time to move on from the Q-Anon discussion now, as bizarrely fascinating as it it (and long past time for its true believers to have moved on too) and get the thread back on topic, thanks.

https://twitter.com/phillipgrove/status/1310663678576951296

It's a shame Eddie Kingston's career was destroyed forever by the coward Cody.

Yeah, also terrible to see him bury the roster for so many weeks, i.e. a bunch of unsigned indie guys some of whom wound up with jobs. The jerk!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I didn't really get the complaints even here about that run. It felt like nearly every person Cody beat directly benefited from it. Like I guess the Private Party guy didn't really go anywhere after it. But it was basically a showcase for young talented guys on the roster and indy people who mostly got jobs out of it. Even like the Scorpio Sky loss seemed to be kind of the "coming out party" for him to be a solo guy outside SCU.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Cody got a good match out of Hager which is like a loving miracle.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I feel like most of the criticisms made here were basically,"We wanted the challenger to win and it would have felt like a good ending to the Cody run too". In the end, the storyline paid off hugely with the Mr. Brodie match and went a long way to answering lingering doubts some people may have had.

The idea that any of the challengers got buried like that tweet claims is amazingly stupid. I mean after all:

Ganso Bomb posted:

some of whom wound up with jobs. The jerk!

Wound up with new jobs DURING a global pandemic, to boot! What an rear end in a top hat Cody is!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I feel like people were just expecting the run to go too long and for Cody to hang onto the belt as a vanity/ego thing. But it kind of went the perfect length to really establish the belt and Cody's run so Brodie winning was a big deal. And meanwhile it showcased a bunch of the future stars of AEW and didn't hurt a single person. That sort of seems like a perfect reign.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Not to mention if Cody returned and didn't challenge for the title they'd say he's burying it and why doesn't he care. You can't win.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The worst Cody challenger was easily WARHORSE and that was not on Cody exactly. The match was just badly designed and played to none of WARHORSE's strengths while also coming the week after Eddie tore the company down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lid posted:

The worst Cody challenger was easily WARHORSE and that was not on Cody exactly. The match was just badly designed and played to none of WARHORSE's strengths while also coming the week after Eddie tore the company down.

Yeah, they didn't let him cut a promo but also following Kingston's promo from last week would've been a gigantic order.