Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Data Graham posted:

how does someone like that just decide now is the time to fourteen words his buddy, who clearly is skeptical at best about it, and then double down when questioned

he backed away into the hedge immediately afterwards and I never heard from again, must have just gone nuts or something

White people love to say mad racist poo poo to other white people unprompted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

little munchkin posted:

White people love to say mad racist poo poo to other white people unprompted.

I lived in the south for a little while and the way other white people just assume you're totally cool with racism is nuts. I was getting something out of a cabinet with a heavy glass sliding door for a customer at work once, and the door rattled loudly when I closed it. The guy and his friend were like "Don't be so loud, you'll scare the monkeys!" referring to the Vietnamese restaurant on the other side of the wall. Like, what the gently caress?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

it's not just the south. it depends on a certain kind of comfort and being surrounded by whiteness, the south just has a lot of that

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's definitely not just the south, but the sheer baldness of it was unlike anything I experienced in the Midwest.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Yeah, it's amazing how many white people will drop some rascist-rear end poo poo when they think no one who would reject is around.

But a friend of 15 years, who assuming had otherwise dropped no other hints... that's a trip.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's the entire loving world. Let's be real, this is not an American issue

e: not JUST an American issue

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

there was my college roommate's mom, an elementary school teacher in Orange County, telling me about her objections to the brown kids. (did she say brown? I don't remember, that guy was a tool anyway)

and there was the old hippy running the bead shop in a high-end north bay suburb complaining about how the Mexicans ruined my hometown, some hours away in the valley

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Heath posted:

It's definitely not just the south, but the sheer baldness of it was unlike anything I experienced in the Midwest.

I had the same experience, but while in Boston. It's not like the Midwest isn't chock full of both individual and systemic racism, but the sheer number of times someone would turn to me as a total stranger and say something horrific was just nuts.

puggish
Sep 27, 2020
i think gettin buttoned up with a racist in a taxi or something is a common experience for white people. for every person that is uncomfortable with it, i wonder how many people respond positively and then you just have 15 minutes of them workshopping racist jokes.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
if i had a nickel for every time some skinhead jackoff called me "brother", well, i'd have about three bux. anyway, only joke you need to know is this one: how many skinheads does it take to change a lightbulb? eleven. one to change the lightbulb and ten of his rear end in a top hat buddies to back him up. and i don't see ten of your buddies around, rear end in a top hat

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

what a shame.....

https://twitter.com/aprildryan/status/1310389198612987904?s=21

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
thing you have to remember about skinheads is that they are all gigantic loving pussies. i'm a little tiny guy; i'm 5'4" with my boots on. any one of y'all could snap me in half with your thumb and forefinger. but i stand up even in the least to a loving skinhead and they back down. 'cuz they're loving pussies

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Crane Fist posted:

Some idiot failson in Australia got so mad at drag queens he loving died
To Wong Foo, THANKS OBAMA

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Foo Diddley posted:

thing you have to remember about skinheads is that they are all gigantic loving pussies. i'm a little tiny guy; i'm 5'4" with my boots on. any one of y'all could snap me in half with your thumb and forefinger. but i stand up even in the least to a loving skinhead and they back down. 'cuz they're loving pussies

ymmv. where I'm from it wasn't a good idea to gently caress with skinheads unless you were prepared for violence

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Flavius Aetass posted:

ymmv. where I'm from it wasn't a good idea to gently caress with skinheads unless you were prepared for violence

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Flavius Aetass posted:

yeah, you don't gently caress with a skinhead unless you're ready to kick the poo poo out of a pussy

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Foo Diddley posted:

yeah, you don't gently caress with a skinhead unless you're ready to kick the poo poo out of a pussy

I don't know what kind of idiot bizarro world you live in but presenting this as an absolute truth is deeply fuckin stupid, lad

Carl Von Awesomwitz
May 2, 2006

Sisko Lied, Romulans Died
if i was alan burg i would have simply stood up for myself instead of letting those skinhead pussies get under my skin with their insults and blasting my face with .45acp rounds.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Crane Fist posted:

I don't know what kind of idiot bizarro world you live in but presenting this as an absolute truth is deeply fuckin stupid, lad

well, maybe where you're from you got giant white supremacists who can level an entire city with one punch, but where i'm from, they're just the size of normal people and i will never be afraid of them

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Yeah, this topic is why I’m loudly leftist every time I meet someone new. I’m a midwestern white man of a certain age and I’m loving sick of people I need to work with/live near dropping racist poo poo out of noplace.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Foo Diddley posted:

well, maybe where you're from you got giant white supremacists who can level an entire city with one punch, but where i'm from, they're just the size of normal people and i will never be afraid of them

A normal-sized guy can still suckerpunch you or smash a bottle over your head, then I imagine you'll change your tune most ricky-tick.

Nobody's saying don't stand up to skinheads, but I think the idea that "they're all pussies" isn't exactly accurate. Their ideology is violence, it goes without saying that a good portion of them won't shy away from expressing that.

I can tell you that skinheads where I'm from used to be a big presence who would rove around doing violence wherever they pleased. You don't see them that much anymore but I still wouldn't bank on a dyed-in-the-wool skin backing down unless outnumbered. Unfortunately there's really no way to prove this one way or the other, it's all anecdotal. I guess we could gather some data by going out and fighting skinheads though.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Skinheads are like cockroaches, if you can see one there's another twelve you can't

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Best way to take on a skinhead is to sucker punch them from behind while screaming like an angry gorilla. If they fall over start stomping and then run away before their friends jump in, if they don't fall over keep swinging until their friends jump in and then hope your guys back you up and you don't get stabbed.

Generally speaking you should always hit someone when they can't see you coming and be ready to run for it if it looks like you're going to get your rear end beat. Getting stomped sucks.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Zeroisanumber posted:

Best way to take on a skinhead is to sucker punch them from behind while screaming like an angry gorilla. If they fall over start stomping and then run away before their friends jump in, if they don't fall over keep swinging until their friends jump in and then hope your guys back you up and you don't get stabbed.

Generally speaking you should always hit someone when they can't see you coming and be ready to run for it if it looks like you're going to get your rear end beat. Getting stomped sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BwxuIh9zTQ

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Remulak posted:

Yeah, this topic is why I’m loudly leftist every time I meet someone new. I’m a midwestern white man of a certain age and I’m loving sick of people I need to work with/live near dropping racist poo poo out of noplace.
you gotta be like the communist party's lawyer in the movie network where he shows up to the meeting with the T.V. studio, and he's this old labor lawyer guy with an appalachian accent and a mustache and smoking a pipe who's like "when a national television network comes to me... and says they want to put the ongoing struggle of the oppressed masses on primetime television, i have to regard this askance!"

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Yeah, more or less. "Fighting fair" is for idiots.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

skinheads are very vulnerable to acid and fire attacks to counter their passive regeneration ability

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Whenever I see a post like that, I wonder about sympathy for the nazi’s victims. If this stunt had gone the way he wanted, he would have opened innocent people, including kids, up to violence. When a nazi dies, I mostly think about how many people are now safe from them.

In this case, I think about the traumatised train engineer.

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

I would never see this kind of back and forth from a right wing circle jerk about how antifa are pussies.

Tactics are everything.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

that's because we all already know skinheads are pussies, so we can move onto more advanced concerns like measuring your situation

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Skinheads are pussies, but as anyone who’s witnessed an unhappy housecat can tell you, pussies can still do damage.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Foo Diddley posted:

Where I grew up, they were organized crime.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Accretionist posted:

Where I grew up, they were organized crime.

And mostly explicitly, violently anti-racist. I think this guy pretending he fights skins all the time hasn’t actually seen a skin before

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
The organised crime skinheads were anti-racist? Do SHARPs tend to be local mafias? :confused:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the SHARPs i've seen around dallas tend to be working-class white guys who work manual labor jobs so the majority of their coworkers are black and judging by the size of some of these motherfuckers the local neo-nazi clown car guys would get absolutely wrecked if they crossed paths. it's not like the 1980s.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
you'll see a spartan helmet patch. that's them. also sometimes have that ska punk look with the long sideburns

kinda like this dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXAU4MmMIMo

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
me, at a bar, see a dude who looks like the social distortion guy (big dude in his 30s... just... like... very meaty... lots of meat on his bones) with the sideburns and one of those... it's like a sailor's cap? skinheads and ska punks wear them. and there's a crossed out swastika button on the cap. go "hey, i like your button." and he's like, oh yeah. and i mention i'd seen some guys wearing SHARP patches around.

he says, well i never considered myself a skinhead, but... *takes off cap*

and he's bald, but like, he went bald. and then he winked at me. and then goes "but boots and braces don't make a racist" then gave me a friendly jab. which felt like a solid punch because this dude was pretty big. swell guy.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
That is delightful. :3:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

StashAugustine posted:

To be fair I still like Mark Fisher

I've really only read his Vampire Castle essay and I feel like the context of "this dude commits suicide" does it no favors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Yeah, it's amazing how many white people will drop some rascist-rear end poo poo when they think no one who would reject is around.

But a friend of 15 years, who assuming had otherwise dropped no other hints... that's a trip.

We were always very similar in our political beliefs. Other than the one time he got mad about Greta Thunberg (sp?), he never showed any outward signs that he had repugnant beliefs. Hell, in 2012 when Obama won a second term, his wife laid in his yard and cried and he actually backed me up in roasting her about it. Something something the duality of man.