Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

chmods please posted:

Shovels are based on the number of holes dug and possibly also the number filled.
Number of things actually dug up, I believe.

Anecdotally, I've had it break when:
Hitting a rock
Digging up a flower
Digging up a tree
Digging up a fossil
Digging up a manila clam, my favorite flavor of clam

I've never had it break when digging an empty hole, filling in an empty hole or burying an item/tree/etc.

So I'm pretty sure just digging holes doesn't do it. Generally tools only lose durability when they do their purpose successfully.

You can shoot your slingshot into the air all day, but it'll only break if it pops a balloon. Somehow.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Merengue, everybody's favorite cake rhino, is leaving Buttopia to chase her dream of opening a diner! Let me know if you have a space on your island for this super sweetie!
https://twitter.com/Buttopia/status/1310259610964512770

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Eiba posted:

Anecdotally, I've had it break when:
Hitting a rock

the shovel only ever breaks if you A) destroy a rock or B) hit a rock that can't dispense an item

if it's been harvested already that day or if there's no room for a prize to spawn, if your shovel has 0hp, it will break.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Sand Souci is now open for visitors.

Dodo is **CLOSED **

The best villager in the game, **Beardo, is having a birthday**

Come on by and wish him a happy birthday, I've left presents by the front gate, and the** first five visitors can leave with a Free Beardo Poster**.

So come on by, and **leave a drawing on the board if you have time!**

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 28, 2020

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

The best villager in the game, **Beardo

Finally, someone who gets it :hmmyes:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Beardo is great, it's a shame about his name because I constantly mix him up with lovely ubergoon Barold, the official Worst Villager.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Captain Hygiene posted:

Beardo is great, it's a shame about his name because I constantly mix him up with lovely ubergoon Barold, the official Worst Villager.

Barold is slightly better than Rodney imo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Rodney's way down there too but the neckbeard sets Barold apart imo.

Also I was looking up worst character lists, and holy poo poo :laffo:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

As someone who had Rodney in his town for ages in New Leaf, and currently has Barold on a special lake island I made just for him, and has a kind of shrine to Barold in my house...

Rodney is scum.

The difference is the personality types. Smug villagers are kind of aggressive and forceful. Lazy villagers just live in another world. Living with Rodney was way more uncomfortable that living with Barold, even if Barold lives in a weird surveillance center shack in the woods.

Barold is one of my favorites ever since I ran into him on launch day on Tarantula Island (an island no one knew existed at the time). None of my friends like him though. So I put his face on everything I can in my town. Drink machines, gas pumps. All just little Barolds staring at you. I invited everyone over for fireworks. I had a bunch of custom patterns I made. And then I had a series of letters that began to spell my town's name. And then it just ended in a giant Barold face. My friends weren't happy.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

Pump Jockey posted:

Finally, someone who gets it :hmmyes:

You goons are alright

Eiba posted:

As someone who had Rodney in his town for ages in New Leaf, and currently has Barold on a special lake island I made just for him, and has a kind of shrine to Barold in my house...

Rodney is scum.

The difference is the personality types. Smug villagers are kind of aggressive and forceful. Lazy villagers just live in another world. Living with Rodney was way more uncomfortable that living with Barold, even if Barold lives in a weird surveillance center shack in the woods.

Barold is one of my favorites ever since I ran into him on launch day on Tarantula Island (an island no one knew existed at the time). None of my friends like him though. So I put his face on everything I can in my town. Drink machines, gas pumps. All just little Barolds staring at you. I invited everyone over for fireworks. I had a bunch of custom patterns I made. And then I had a series of letters that began to spell my town's name. And then it just ended in a giant Barold face. My friends weren't happy.

Your even better

Rich Uncle Chet fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Sep 27, 2020

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

Rodney's way down there too but the neckbeard sets Barold apart imo.

Also I was looking up worst character lists, and holy poo poo :laffo:

Animal Crossing reveals how shallow we truly are. Nobody would accuse Marshall of being an incel despite being the exact same character personality wise.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

J-Spot posted:

Animal Crossing reveals how shallow we truly are. Nobody would accuse Marshall of being an incel despite being the exact same character personality wise.

Marshal tries way too hard. Grumpy exterior, disdainful, inaccessible. Closed off. Judging from afar. Absolutely an incel. Now Chops on the other hand. Takes care of himself. Kind, yet serious eyes. Winning smile somewhere beneath the moustache. Great fashion sense. What a specimen. He's moments away from raising those thick eyebrows at you, and you will swoon.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Eiba posted:

The difference is the personality types. Smug villagers are kind of aggressive and forceful. Lazy villagers just live in another world.
The only lazy one I've had so far is Doc, and I absolutely love him. Completely insane.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Fishing Rods only break when you catch something.

Shovels can break if they dig up anything. Even a weed. Filling in a hole doesn't effect them.

Later when you get two other items that you craft, you get unlimited uses. It'll make sense once you get them.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Disliking Barold is racist, tbh

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

eating only apples posted:

Marshal tries way too hard. Grumpy exterior, disdainful, inaccessible. Closed off. Judging from afar. Absolutely an incel. Now Chops on the other hand. Takes care of himself. Kind, yet serious eyes. Winning smile somewhere beneath the moustache. Great fashion sense. What a specimen. He's moments away from raising those thick eyebrows at you, and you will swoon.

Chops is 100% the eligible bachelor in a Jane Austen story that the heroine overlooks at first, but by the end she realizes he was right under her nose the whole time and he was the perfect suitor all along.

What I’m saying is, Chops has 10,000 pounds a year.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Mameluke posted:

Disliking Barold is racist, tbh

"Goon" isn't an ethnicity

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Pump Jockey posted:

Chops is 100% the eligible bachelor in a Jane Austen story that the heroine overlooks at first, but by the end she realizes he was right under her nose the whole time and he was the perfect suitor all along.

What I’m saying is, Chops has 10,000 pounds a year.

Did you miss a digit or do bells not correspond to Ł, because Chops is worth far more than that! Rich ringleader piggy is my type.

Smugs are hard to love. I can't love Raymond, he has cold eyes. Rejected Zell today because although cute, smug. (thought he was cranky, was I thinking of Butch? what a shame).

(82 tickets, I'm sick and took it a bit at a time. Couldn't resist Ankha this time.)

I still manage to meet someone I've never seen in my life every time, this time it was Drift the jock frog! He was cute, but he's no Frobert

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Slugworth posted:

The only lazy one I've had so far is Doc, and I absolutely love him. Completely insane.

I have Sherb and Simon on my island, and I love them both like sons.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Did you miss a digit or do bells not correspond to Ł, because Chops is worth far more than that! Rich ringleader piggy is my type.

Smugs are hard to love. I can't love Raymond, he has cold eyes. Rejected Zell today because although cute, smug. (thought he was cranky, was I thinking of Butch? what a shame).

(82 tickets, I'm sick and took it a bit at a time. Couldn't resist Ankha this time.)

I still manage to meet someone I've never seen in my life every time, this time it was Drift the jock frog! He was cute, but he's no Frobert

You can't hate on Eugene and his sick leather jacket, yeah buddy!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Waffle! posted:

You can't hate on Eugene and his sick leather jacket, yeah buddy!

Eugene is a cop, acab

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Rex is my best stoner lazy buddy and I love him. He told me he wants to be a superhero the other day. :3:

I have second photos from nearly everyone on my island now, except for Claudia, who still has yet to give me her first. I guess the game's telling me I should let some of them go, huh?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Eugene is a cop, acab

Eugene is no authority figure, he just likes to swing baby.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Eugene is no authority figure, he just likes to swing baby.

You think? He's onto you. Have you seen his house?

Guy's running an entire operation on you. Don't trust him.

(ignore the blue guy, he isn't with me, assume he's one of Eugene's undercover guys)

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

You think? He's onto you. Have you seen his house?

Guy's running an entire operation on you. Don't trust him.

(ignore the blue guy, he isn't with me, assume he's one of Eugene's undercover guys)

drat, I never would have guessed. We sure that's not just a list of good lookin' dudes?

If anything, the outside of his house is a convincing front. Meringue certainly seems into it

unmeidestiny
Sep 25, 2009

Mathilda will be in boxes tomorrow (Sept 28). Let me know if you want a snooty goth kangaroo!

E: Taken!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

unmeidestiny fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 28, 2020

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Chops loving sucks, he'd have a picture of Maggie Thatcher in his house if he could and he probably loves the antics of old Bojo

Marshal is way better than fuckin Chops of all people, I'd rather have creepy no eyed Julian than chops.

gently caress chops

I've got strong feelings about this

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Sep 28, 2020

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Chops just makes me think of this tumblr post.

Chops seems like a dick.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

SilentChaz posted:

Rex is my best stoner lazy buddy and I love him. He told me he wants to be a superhero the other day. :3:

I have second photos from nearly everyone on my island now, except for Claudia, who still has yet to give me her first. I guess the game's telling me I should let some of them go, huh?

My resident lazy is Hornsby and he is my perfect beautiful idiot son and I love him.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
Chops is fine! Not every villager has to be a cute soft uwu bean.

Of the cute soft uwu beans though, Skye is the best. :kimchi:

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Whoever skipped out on Zell is missing out; while he's technically a smug villager, he's really into the performing arts and THAT's where he's smug. But he's also very self-deprecating and comes up with some really great Frasier-esque lines. He's super caring and nice to everyone and I haven't seen him get into a fight, and he was my first campsite villager months ago.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Smug villagers are my favorites! They're sassy.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
I like smug villagers because they act like you’re their first friend, which you probably are.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I have the rad robot ostrich Sprocket moving off my island tomorrow.

He is a total bro, and my first jock, and I love him, but I am ready to welcome a new jock into my heart. Hit me up on Discord (same name as here), if you'd like to pick him up.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
you can't convince me that chops isn't the worst :crossarmsemoticon:

The Clowning
Jan 10, 2007
I'm certainly not gonna sign for any more packages with the word "Congo" written in blood.

E-flat posted:

I like smug villagers because they act like you’re their first friend, which you probably are.

Lionel is the only smug villager I've ever had (he was my first campsite villager) and I really like him. He's always calling me his bestie.

IMO smugs are better than snooties. I feel like Ankha is always condescending to me. And my normals flip out when she compliments them. You don't need Ankha's approval, Chevre, you're perfect just the way you are!

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

track day bro! posted:

you can't convince me that chops isn't the worst :crossarmsemoticon:

Well, I won't say I'm trying to convince you (not now, anyway!) but I loved Chops on my island. He was my 'forced' villager and I really lucked in. Like, Chops had a 'arc' on my island, beginning life as a literal smug pig. But who in the fullness of time learned some serious chill, and would mooch around in tie-dye t-shirts and do-rags. :3:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
He was my first forced campsite Villager too, I just never got on with him at all. He asked to leave pretty quickly though and I didn't have a smug villager on my island for ages.

I've only got one now and it's Huck, who is a dreamworks rear end smirking frog who lives in a dirt shack which is funny to me.

The one thing I don't like about snooty villagers is that they seem to ignore quite a few reactions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Cranky villagers don't always react much either. It wouldn't kill you to wave back once in a while, Rolf.