Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
I've got a proof of concept build of industries up on steam, so i should be able to offer keys fairly soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

something posted:

I've got a proof of concept build of industries up on steam, so i should be able to offer keys fairly soon!

ME WANT

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So, is the "wall" in Evil the bit between beating the Godmother and getting to the Typo Zonw?

It's just that i've gone from Typo Zonw to farming the full Fad Lands gear relatively quickly compared to the Interdimensional party -> Typo Zonw.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

One other piece of pre-Synergism 2.0 advice that you can take right now at this moment to prepare for the launch:
Turn off auto-reincarnation and auto-sacrifice right now to build up a big bank, since you will get drastically more blessings after the update

In fact, I just checked the discord and found someone had prepared some useful advice. I'm assuming this supercedes anything I said:

Guide to get the most from your import into 2.0 before ascending:
0) Buy any pots you want now since the price goes from 35 quarks to 100 quarks.
1) Do not ascend and do not hit ant sac right away
-Respec. Talismans 245. (Tax is limiting value so get as much tax reduction as you can
-Respec. Shop (Ant Speed, Season Pass for More Cubes, EX Obt Gain highest priority). After that insta challenge, 1 in autos and reincarnation challenge increase (more tax reduction from c6)
-Spend current offerings in runes before ant sac (More bang for your buck at high levels because after you sac it won't be as much rune xp)
-Spend current offerings in blessings Prioritize ant sac for more obt/offerings from your ant sac but make sure to put most in global speed and ant mutli exponent to speed up A1.
-Rerun through all challenges
-Now Sacrifice Ants (You will get more offerings/obt)
-Spend current offerings in blessings
-Spend all obtainium in 5x19-5x20 (Definitely make sure you have auto ant sac 5x24 before ascending)

Overall this brings my cubes of first ascension from 1900 on log in to around 2400

Also to add to this, if you've gotten past C10x3 redeem the quark code before you Ascend.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
Patch notes for the synergism update are up and, uh, god drat this is long

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Arcanuse posted:

The comment spoke the truth.
Things ease up after, briefly. can grind for inspiration to get stronger with after crunching the orc, but after burning through the readily available options comes... More grind.
Don't have much advice for grind round #2, but getting a flower fairy if you haven't already (generates weeds + flowers) and putting Norn in the party for extra exp eases up inspiration grinding. somewhat.
oh, and due to how familiar works (Levels of summon familiar are divided between checked options) may as well keep it on summon speed until you need it.
Nothing to make orc easier though.

late E: also, apparently holding shift when mousing over your monsters lets you see what their default skill does. Learned this from the discord, don't recall seeing it explained in-game.

Done Orc, now Treant is my grind hump. This is even after the update for "game balance" so gently caress having to summon more levels for it so I can get enough Apple cap to satisfy greedy Norn. Nothing else matters at this point, but now I'm eyeing the "Expand Harvest Storage" with its bullshit item requirements for a 20x +1 increase with some trepidation.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Good news: expand storage harvest seems to have nothing behind it, so its safe to skip or leave for later.

apples though... oof. treant needs to be high enough level to store 40 apples unless the balance update tinkered with that.

Don't have any tips or secrets to make the grind go faster, but if you haven't about now is the time to get fire magic.
You'll need it to bake bread to get stronger and unlock the ??? multiplier for dark rituals. So, so much bread. :shepface:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

I was barrelling towards that choice because it's the only named magic for a requirement. I have gotten my apples by now.. and then was like 5 Destiny short to "Go through the Forest." I didn't go back to fight Father in the Rank:10 unlock.

It's like there is no rhyme nor reason to these resource gates and it was released (heh) half-baked.

EDIT: Ooooooooooooooh, there's the gas pedal. Dark Ritual is intended to be used whenever your normal Ritual grinds to a halt. It's the NGU Number in this game; I thought it was more the Prestige where it resets you at the start of the game and you have to redo it to that point. gently caress I could have been further along!

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 26, 2020

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Boy early synergism is super weird. My tax level seems to be bugging out periodically causing me to have wildly variable rewards depending on whether or not my stuff bought upgrades before slamming into the tax ceiling.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there anywhere else to play Synergism or is Kong the only place? It doesn't load the game with my ad blocker on and hate just about everything about Kongregate.

Edit: Actually it seems to work alright in Firefox w/ uBlock with everything blocked but the game window so this works.

Edit: V oh poo poo thanks!

explosivo fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 26, 2020

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

explosivo posted:

Is there anywhere else to play Synergism or is Kong the only place? It doesn't load the game with my ad blocker on and hate just about everything about Kongregate.

https://pseudonian.github.io/SynergismOfficial/

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Falcon2001 posted:

Boy early synergism is super weird. My tax level seems to be bugging out periodically causing me to have wildly variable rewards depending on whether or not my stuff bought upgrades before slamming into the tax ceiling.

Ah apparently this was hotfixed; gotta hard refresh on github.io or just refresh on Kong.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
My Synergism save is on my other computer that's in temp storage while I look for a new place to move. At least all the bugs will probably get ironed out before I get to it.

Edit: Distance Incremental also added another layer, but I can't be arsed to join the Discord to get tips on Hadronic builds

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 26, 2020

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

My Synergism save is on my other computer that's in temp storage while I look for a new place to move. At least all the bugs will probably get ironed out before I get to it.

Edit: Distance Incremental also added another layer, but I can't be arsed to join the Discord to get tips on Hadronic builds

Prestige tree also got 4 new layers.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Any of you tried out Wizard and Minion idle? I started it about 2 weeks ago now that my progress in Ngu in sad has slowed to a crawl. It's pretty good, but the resources for it arent as expansive as Ngu. Lot of figuring it out as you go.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GrossMurpel posted:

Prestige tree also got 4 new layers.

Looks like it incorporated stuff from this mod that was made some weeks ago
https://aarextiaokhiao.github.io/Prestige-Tree/

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Am I missing something with Another Chronicle, or are you forced to go into the Warrior School because I can't see a way to get enough Destiny to choose either of the other schools. The only thing I haven't done is the fight against your Father that unlocks at level 10, he just one-shots me once he charges up.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Zotix posted:

Any of you tried out Wizard and Minion idle? I started it about 2 weeks ago now that my progress in Ngu in sad has slowed to a crawl. It's pretty good, but the resources for it arent as expansive as Ngu. Lot of figuring it out as you go.

KazigluBey posted:

[...] if you know peak NGU activity around Evil (Difficulty 2) that's roughly how active you need to be with WAMI for good results. It doesn't feel like it falls into NGU's best groove around when 24 hour runs were the best, but the flip-side is that I feel like I get decent progress in roughly 3-day resets with a little adjustment to what I'm doing daily. Once you clear the early Challenges you'll end up with a bunch of perks that make it so resetting actually requires very little tedious fiddling, which is something I appreciated a lot over the course of my time with it.

That's not to say it doesn't have flaws, because it does. Others have had other issues, but beyond the universally agreed upon take that it just looks kinda ugly, my personal pet peeve is that much later on in the game a few very specific and very significant bonuses are only factored into their relevant calculations while the game is running; basically a few things have to be done with at least a bit of game-is-open idling and I'd much MUCH prefer for that stuff to factor into offline calculations as well and I've got no idea why it doesn't.

Adding to this, I feel like once the majority of systems open up they begin interacting and layering very satisfactorily. The game is something of a hot mess but it sure does scratch that Skinner Box idle game itch for me.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Randalor posted:

Am I missing something with Another Chronicle, or are you forced to go into the Warrior School because I can't see a way to get enough Destiny to choose either of the other schools. The only thing I haven't done is the fight against your Father that unlocks at level 10, he just one-shots me once he charges up.

You can get enough Destiny, but it requires getting past Dim Cave. Which is only possible when you rank up to 8 and have Familiar unlocked, which involves a dumb grind. You won't be able to Fight Father until later when you've done more things around the Forest.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So just take the Warrior school and try out the other two once I can prestige or finish the game? Gotcha.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Is Another Chronicle only on Kong or does it have a stand-alone site / git?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Synergism rules. I'm only just now about to do my first reincarnation but I like that it feels like a mix between something like NGU with the challenges but with some Antimatter Dimension in there with auto rebirths and whatnot. Really digging it so far.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Randalor posted:

So just take the Warrior school and try out the other two once I can prestige or finish the game? Gotcha.

The school requires rank 10, which means you’ll probably already have the cave beaten by then.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The school choice also does very little until the area after the forest. Warrior seems to be the best of the bunch, at least up to where I am.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Devor posted:

The school requires rank 10, which means you’ll probably already have the cave beaten by then.

Unless I'm missing something, I had everything except the Bully's 5/6 completed (need 20 pork when I have a max inventory of 10), I'm at rank 10, all my possible minions are max level, luck and stats (can you get the orc as a summon?), and I can't get any further than 2/5 (3/5 if I'm lucky) on the forest fights. Do I just grind up the familiar for stats or am I missing something obvious?

Deveritas
Oct 31, 2011

Randalor posted:

Unless I'm missing something, I had everything except the Bully's 5/6 completed (need 20 pork when I have a max inventory of 10), I'm at rank 10, all my possible minions are max level, luck and stats (can you get the orc as a summon?), and I can't get any further than 2/5 (3/5 if I'm lucky) on the forest fights. Do I just grind up the familiar for stats or am I missing something obvious?

It's not obvious, but the Orc summon gives + max pork.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Thanks for alerting that Prestige Tree had an update

Decided to replay it from scratch. Genuinely don't remember what i did after getting 25 Hindrance/Quirk milestones. Get 1 by 1 quirk until 128 to buy the 3rd layer upgrade?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks for alerting that Prestige Tree had an update

Decided to replay it from scratch. Genuinely don't remember what i did after getting 25 Hindrance/Quirk milestones. Get 1 by 1 quirk until 128 to buy the 3rd layer upgrade?

Do the first two challenges.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I started synergism again. Apparently they made offerings way, way faster to gain. It's hilarious that there's still the achievement that gives you +15 offerings after 30 minutes, but you get like 500 offerings every 10 minutes anyway.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Sage Grimm posted:

You can get enough Destiny, but it requires getting past Dim Cave. Which is only possible when you rank up to 8 and have Familiar unlocked, which involves a dumb grind. You won't be able to Fight Father until later when you've done more things around the Forest.

This is one of those posts that sound weird when taken out of context.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
On my 6th reincarnation in Synergism I suddenly got 41 obtanium instead of just 1. Anyone know what achievement/upgrade caused that? I'm not complaining but I wanna know.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
I'm warming to the new Synergism update. My first ascension took about 12 hours, but now I'm down to a couple of hours per ascension with minimal manual stuff. I set it up, get all the upgrades unlocked, then come back and upgrade talismans, dump offerings, and push challenges every once in a while. I just got my first second-tier ascension building, so my constant should be increasing much faster going forward. I might try C11 at some point soonish.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm assuming Synergism is about to open up a whole bunch more poo poo for me soon? I'm doing quick reincarnations now and about to finish the first three rows of research and have all but one of the transcend challenges completed. Is further progression locked behind the Cost++ challenge I haven't been able to do one of yet?

Edit: I assume this based on the fact that I'm at 728/5000 for achievements

explosivo fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Sep 28, 2020

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

explosivo posted:

I'm assuming Synergism is about to open up a whole bunch more poo poo for me soon? I'm doing quick reincarnations now and about to finish the first three rows of research and have all but one of the transcend challenges completed. Is further progression locked behind the Cost++ challenge I haven't been able to do one of yet?

Edit: I assume this based on the fact that I'm at 728/5000 for achievements

Yes. After Cost++ comes ants. That is a new production tier that is resettable but doesn't reset your reincarnation progress. After that, there are more challenges including Sadistic, which unlocks ascensions, which resets everything yet again for several new currency types.

[edit]
Also, using hotkeys for dumping offerings makes life so much easier. I just roll my fingers across 12345 a bunch of times and increase levels by 10 a bunch so everything gets a relatively even distribution, which is probably not the most efficient but is super fast.

New Yorp New Yorp fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 28, 2020

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

explosivo posted:

Yes.

If you look at the Achievements tab you can see what achievements unlock new content, the ones in the red squares are important.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I have been doing the red achievements but wasn't positive if "Unlocks Anthill" was what'll open up more stuff or not but it looks like that is the one. Thanks!

The biggest thing I'm still struggling with in Synergism is how to set up the auto resets, like what amount to set for each layer to reset at. I feel like generally you want the earlier layers to have higher threshholds but am still pretty confused on what goes into making all of these numbers go up. I've been getting by with just getting all the upgrades but feel like the Cost++ challenge might be the first one that requires some sort of strategy to complete.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 28, 2020

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

It used to be that ideal was basically "auto transcend based on offering timer, auto reincarnate based on obtanium timer", but that's not a thing anymore, so at this point it's essentially "reincarnate when you need resources, as long as it's more than 10 seconds".

Right now I have my Auto-A on 900 seconds, same as auto-ant sacrifice.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Kyrosiris posted:

It used to be that ideal was basically "auto transcend based on offering timer, auto reincarnate based on obtanium timer", but that's not a thing anymore, so at this point it's essentially "reincarnate when you need resources, as long as it's more than 10 seconds".

Right now I have my Auto-A on 900 seconds, same as auto-ant sacrifice.

I'm doing auto ant at 300s. Seems like a reasonable balance between pumping multiplier and getting fragments.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i got my droop item to 100 and I still can't beat UUG in NGU. i am really lovely at manual fighting and it takes a very long time to get anywhere with the bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
UUG still has a mega-hit, which you need to time your block against. Also, IIRC, this is the first time in the game where you should Adv. Training your Block to be very high, to make life easier.

Regarding Synergism: **pokes anthill with a stick** Is this anthill supposed to feel very slow and not seem to be additive in any way to other stats? Or am I doing anthill wrong? Only bought a few items so far, but I was hoping the anthill would close the gap between e800 particles and the next upgrade at e1600... but it ain't (said hard to sound like "ant")