Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

I really hope that Jagganoth is the bearer of Mind. Just to gently caress with the comments section, which is filled with royalist dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

nimby posted:

The same way you shouldn't let death stop you from living, your opponents being invulnerable and immortal shouldn't stop you from killing them.

Jagganoth is supposed to be immortal, but Allison doesn't know that :black101:.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Jagganoth is supposed to be immortal, but Allison doesn't know that :black101:.

Just like Solomon’s mastery of the deadliest martial art in the multiverse is immaterial to defeating him, so to does Jagg’s invulnerability not matter.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Algid posted:

Truly the most FFXIV of comics.

I don't think his invulnerability is really absolute when he's just using the extruded body parts of an angel Zoss beat up ages ago. There's probably someway to apply enough violence to hurt him, even if that isn't what Zoss wants or what Allison is inclined to.

Angels' whole deal is having tremendous power they're unable to wield for themselves. Jagganoth is accepted to be invulnerable by the most powerful beings in a world where picking up the multiverse and beating someone over the head with it lies on the scale of possible violence one can inflict, he's probably pretty tough.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Sep 28, 2020

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah, I think it was mentioned that metatron could wipe out all life in an instant or immediately defeat the demiurges, he's just bound by The Old Law of Koss not to.

Huh, I wonder if White Chain 2.0 is bound by the Old Law.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Sep 28, 2020

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Probably not, I thunk White Chain can be thought of as Unchained now.

Also it’d be hilarious if Alison just no-sells Jagganoth and kills him in the first three pages and Jag was a RED herring the whole time.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

akulanization posted:

I really hope that Jagganoth is the bearer of Mind. Just to gently caress with the comments section, which is filled with royalist dogs.

Considering that Jag is the only demiurge noted to still care about technology and that Jadis was the strongest and most ambitious demiurge pre-blockening, I think him having Mind and her having Blade would make sense

also the only way to beat Jag is going to be to change his mind :haw:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

While Jagganoth-Mind fits just fine, Jadis-Blade really doesn't to me. All the demiurges have been in some way trapped by their word of royalty, and while Jadis is very obviously trapped, she does not appear to be trapped in a cycle of carving her will upon the universe. Kind of the opposite.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

ConfusedUs posted:

Along the same lines, from Reddit

From the reddit discord:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Tenebrais posted:

While Jagganoth-Mind fits just fine, Jadis-Blade really doesn't to me. All the demiurges have been in some way trapped by their word of royalty, and while Jadis is very obviously trapped, she does not appear to be trapped in a cycle of carving her will upon the universe. Kind of the opposite.

She is trapped by trying to get to the point too quickly though. Her problem is that she tried to take a shortcut to knowledge and wisdom.

Plus in some of the few pictures we have of her pre-blocking (here) she's using a sword while Jag is posed as The Thinker

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Soup du Jour posted:

Considering that Jag is the only demiurge noted to still care about technology and that Jadis was the strongest and most ambitious demiurge pre-blockening, I think him having Mind and her having Blade would make sense

also the only way to beat Jag is going to be to change his mind :haw:

get that boy a monster sized prozac

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
The big brutish man having Mind sounds like exactly the kind of thing Abaddon would do, especially with the hints already dropped in the comic.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I just realized Mottom said the nails made him untouchable, not necessarily invincible.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

those feathers will end up being something, like, from metatron's body

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I for one am looking forward to 300x300 cubit spear

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

just get a claw hammer and take the nails out imo

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Potato Salad posted:

I for one am looking forward to 300x300 cubit spear

Allison and Cio are going to perform the love love tenkyoken

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Tulip posted:

She is trapped by trying to get to the point too quickly though. Her problem is that she tried to take a shortcut to knowledge and wisdom.

Plus in some of the few pictures we have of her pre-blocking (here) she's using a sword while Jag is posed as The Thinker

I think you'll find that Jag is posed as The Facepalmer

Poor Gog spent all that time, off-panel, worming all of Solomon's subjects and now they were all blowed up :(

....but luckily she will soon worm Jagg and soon we'll get The Most Metal Jester Ever :woop:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

TK-42-1 posted:

I just realized Mottom said the nails made him untouchable, not necessarily invincible.

twist reveal Jagganoth is just a large incel

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Potato Salad posted:

I wonder if Metatron is pulling a Gog here and controlling jag via the feathers. Careful what you put into yourself....

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

twist reveal Jagganoth is just a large incel

A giant incel would be the natural enemy of a group of powerful women.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Tenebrais posted:

Fate is not like the cut of a blade, but rather, the myriad of paths formed when a hammer cracks ice.

Unless you're Jadis, who made the mistake of looking at what would be instead of what she could do.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Demiurge4 posted:

Probably not, I thunk White Chain can be thought of as Unchained now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5G90r97syI

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Angels' whole deal is having tremendous power they're unable to wield for themselves. Jagganoth is accepted to be invulnerable by the most powerful beings in a world where picking up the multiverse and beating someone over the head with it lies on the scale of possible violence one can inflict, he's probably pretty tough.
Picking up the multiverse was something a god did in the nebulous beforetimes that exists as a literal paradox. Present day Demiurges are pretty far from that level, that multiverse-picker-upper merely exploded her eyes by seeing everything, whereas Jadis turned herself into dried jerky preserved inside an ice cube.

I mean, even if we accept that the 30 nails are an artifact of power on the level of the univeral key, I'm pretty sure any of the seven would be completely freaked out if Zoss turned up even as a disembodied key-less ghost head in their dreams.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Algid posted:

Picking up the multiverse was something a god did in the nebulous beforetimes that exists as a literal paradox. Present day Demiurges are pretty far from that level, that multiverse-picker-upper merely exploded her eyes by seeing everything, whereas Jadis turned herself into dried jerky preserved inside an ice cube.

I mean, even if we accept that the 30 nails are an artifact of power on the level of the univeral key, I'm pretty sure any of the seven would be completely freaked out if Zoss turned up even as a disembodied key-less ghost head in their dreams.

I feel like it's entirely possible Jagganoth is definitionally invulnerable, and anyone constrained by causality cannot do him physical harm.

That still wouldn't rule Zoss out based on what we've seen, so, there's your answer.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Algid posted:

Joe Slowboat posted:

I feel like it's entirely possible Jagganoth is definitionally invulnerable, and anyone constrained by causality cannot do him physical harm.

That still wouldn't rule Zoss out based on what we've seen, so, there's your answer.

I recall Abaddon saying that even YISUN would be hard-pressed to harm Jagganoth as he is now.

In any case, Jagganoth's thing narratively is that he cannot be defeated by force, and thus Allison and co. would need to approach defeating him by some other means.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I hope we get to see some of his entourage like that stupid looking steamroller tank, Solomon's soldiers just don't have the same flair compared to dudes wielding chainsaw polearms and abacus greatswords.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Joe Slowboat posted:

Just for spitballing; Maybe Incubus is letting Jagganoth pave over the others as he pleases while playing at being (relatively) weak and helpless, and plans to destroy him mentally later?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Jagganoth's invulnerability is gonna get played up so we're shocked when Incubus draws his sword for the first time and cuts him in half a la Maya and Juggernaut.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It'll turn out Jag's nuclear sword is just a fancy transport method, his hammer is for... well we can guess but he uses his MIND to talk down most of his opponents by convincing them to join his megaversal apocalyptic of all-destruction though simple persuasive techniques.

Join the legion of the red god, destroy the universe, commit mass ritual suicide and let Metatron do his thing.

How does Jag convince people? Well he has a warm empathetic voice and a really pleasant manner about him. Plus a bowl of sweets on his desk.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
If those entrances weren't worthy of the Demiurge Name Drop like the five others then I'm psyched for Jadis and Jagganoth doing something even more impressive next book.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

skaianDestiny posted:

I recall Abaddon saying that even YISUN would be hard-pressed to harm Jagganoth as he is now.

In any case, Jagganoth's thing narratively is that he cannot be defeated by force, and thus Allison and co. would need to approach defeating him by some other means.

I'm gonna give him a kiss on the cheek and he will not want to fight

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
He's like ten meters tall, you're gonna need a ladder.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

YaketySass posted:

If those entrances weren't worthy of the Demiurge Name Drop like the five others then I'm psyched for Jadis and Jagganoth doing something even more impressive next book.

Jadis is gonna get a name drop doing the Yamcha pose, the panel before Jagg gets his.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Cat Mattress posted:

He's like ten meters tall, you're gonna need a ladder.

Smooches of the Colossus

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Smooches of the Colossus

Does Argo live in this version?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Does Argo live in this version?

Agro lives in the regular version.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I think Incubus has bitten off more than he can chew but since he bet on Allison I think he’s got a good chance of still winning. Blind ambition to the rescue!

But also all his advice is “murder them first” rather than anything actually useful so I suspect he’s not going to actually help beat Jagganoth, at least not to a huge degree. His training definitely helped Allison make it to where she is now though!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

“Murder them first” just means punching so hard you punch back through time to before Jaggs put the nails in. Seems simple to me!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Joe Slowboat posted:

I think Incubus has bitten off more than he can chew but since he bet on Allison I think he’s got a good chance of still winning. Blind ambition to the rescue!

But also all his advice is “murder them first” rather than anything actually useful so I suspect he’s not going to actually help beat Jagganoth, at least not to a huge degree. His training definitely helped Allison make it to where she is now though!

Learning that you don't like "murder them first" is a valid outcome to Incubus' (and Meti's frankly) training

Meti always had the option to just loving die instead of fighting back after she learned she hated the sword, it just took her a long time to choose it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Potato Salad posted:

I thought that was pretty obvious.