Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

The Nopon know all the secret tunnels and little pathways that the Homs could never use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If our heroes are moving up from the Bionis' legs, and then entered the trachea, and then entered a third lung, does that mean the Bionis breathes through its rear end?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
A lifeform that big probably has multiple breathing tubes for each lung. So that's not the trachea, it's a trachea. In its butt.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
How else are you supposed to asspirate?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

I learned so much about how to actually play that game just from Episode 1.

I can't wait till he gets to the Barret combos and other stuff the game never tells you about. If I hadn't been on here I never would've thought to chain emptying a round into Overcharge and regular charge.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Another good set of scenes here, and oh boy, it's almost time. :orb::orb::orb: :allears:

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
-I like how Reyn complains about the heat, but he's standing next to Dunban, who's dressed in four layers and a cravat, and Shulk, who is wearing a sweater with a parka over it.

-Whenever I hear Alvis I can't help thinking about Sealab 2021.

-Makna Forest is actually my favorite area of the game for how overflowing with detail and design it is. It's one of the few jungle environments I've played in an RPG that actually feels like a jungle

-I have no idea what's up with the Deinos' head situation.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Makna Forest really would fit right in with Noctillum.

This early in the game, when fighting Telethia, it's best to never actually use arts with Shulk. You want him auto-attacking at all times to keep his talent gauge topped off.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Hey, now. Alvis' VA plays at least one other non-rear end in a top hat character! He's Angelo in DQ8. Kind of a smug piece of poo poo as much as Alvis is (I love Alvis.) but totes one of the good guys.

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!

Silver Falcon posted:

Hey, now. Alvis' VA plays at least one other non-rear end in a top hat character! He's Angelo in DQ8. Kind of a smug piece of poo poo as much as Alvis is (I love Alvis.) but totes one of the good guys.

And don't forget Aymeric in FFXIV. He's one of the least terrible people in Ishgard.

Angelo's at least kind of an arsehole and something of a playboy, though, even if he is a decent guy on the whole.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
The summary of "Melia's super-hard to figure out how to play properly, but when you do, you can sleepwalk to the end of the game" is very accurate. She's a lot of fun to play, but she is quite fragile.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
For those wondering, Melia is voiced by Jenna Coleman, who nerds will know as Clara from the Doctor Who series.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Melis sucks when you get her because so many of her best Arts are locked until she levels up a bunch.

So some people just don't bother to ever actually use her. Couple that with the worst AI in the entire game you got a character thats pretty underused.

When she does get her best Arts though... Hoo Boy.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So the optimal party is what

Shulk - Monado
Dunban - Hitting things
Melia - melting things

They really cranked up the horny on Sharla's costumes

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Really any party composition will work, but Melia struggles early game and any Party with Melia and Sharla together will struggle to deal any damage at all.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 25, 2020

White Coke
May 29, 2015
If the party had just brushed past that Nopon without asking permission to enter the village, wouldn't the Nopon just hire other adventurers to kill them?

TheKirbs
Feb 16, 2018

True reality is on this side of the screen

I can't wait for the legend of the true hero to begin.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

They really cranked up the horny on Sharla's costumes
They also cranked up the World of Warcraft on Reyn's.

I'm always stunned by the scale of the Nopon Village. It just goes on forever, and just when you think you've reached the end you find out there's actually, like, a sub-basement.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

The best character in the game has finally arrived.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

The best character in the game has finally arrived.

I'm just empty quoting this.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

They got the best character in one and its all downhill from here.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
So you're gonna use the cosmetic armor to have Riki always look like he's using heavy armor right?

Specifically the Titan series.

It gives the best hugs.

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.
Riki is a permanent party member for my husband. Seeing him dance when you don't move the directional joystick for a while is so adorable.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Riki's not compact, he has uh, natural leverage

handy for a warrior

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

All this talk about using Melia correctly and not is making me self conscious about If I've used her right or not if it's later moves that make her really good.

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!

Weeble posted:

So you're gonna use the cosmetic armor to have Riki always look like he's using heavy armor right?

Specifically the Titan series.

It gives the best hugs.

That or his new beachwear stuff, which has hands-down the best headgear in the game. I'm pretty sure it's obtainable through time trials now too.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Beachwear head-piece, Titan-series everything else.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

All this talk about using Melia correctly and not is making me self conscious about If I've used her right or not if it's later moves that make her really good.

She continues to get additional summon elementals, as well as the mentioned 2-hit topple combo on her own.

The only good part about summon aqua, I think, is that it has a relatively slow recharge time, which translates into more talent charging.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Does half-durian Riki smell like half a durian? That would explain why he can't use the local metro.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Forgotten Cowboy lore

https://twitter.com/_Luxin/status/1310696512926744577?s=19

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
On paper, Riki should be insufferably annoying. That he's not and is widely accepted as the best character is further evidence of this game being pure lightning in a bottle.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that I love your costume choices for Shulk and Dunban. They look like members of the Warriors.

Strange Matter fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 29, 2020

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Strange Matter posted:

On paper, Riki should be insufferably annoying. That he's not and is widely accepted as the best character is further evidence of this game being pure lightning in a bottle.

I feel like this about the Nopon in general. On paper I hate them, but I don't.

I like that the chief speaks proper english, I assume that means the Nopon have their own. Are there any other languages used in this game?

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

It's a shame that other Nopon in the series has managed to live up to Riki.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

It's a shame that other Nopon in the series has managed to live up to Riki.

It's the Xenoblade problem encapsulated in a single character. They hit a home run on the fifth first try, and every other swing at the bat after that has been a wonting disappointment in comparison.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Are the Nopon comparable to the Moogles of Final Fantasy?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
...Somewhat? They're small furry things that speak weirdly and exist across different game universes that all share a similar title and the first playable member of their race set an impossibly high bar for the rest of them to clear, so what does your heart tell you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Best character with the best theme song. :orb: