Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

Dropped Lazard for Gage last night, FML

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Someone wants to trade my Todd Gurley for Melvin Gordon. I have to take that right?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Wang posted:

Dropped Lazard for Gage last night, FML

I dropped him last week for I think Henderson, and yup Lazard got scooped up tonight before I could get him back.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Pretty sure Lazard will be useless when Adams is back, though

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I was up 4 with only my kicker (Crosby) to go. My opponent was done. I considered dropping the kicker to ensure victory, but decided that was the cowardly way. I was richly rewarded.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

pmchem posted:

if someone offered you Ingram for Carson right now would you take it?

No

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

decypher posted:

So Brandon Cooks is cooked. Dropped him to fill my empty kicker spot in my BML. Thanks to the goon who suggested I wait until after some games are done Sunday before making a decision on who to drop. I had eyed Mason Crosby for his 5pm start Sunday, so I could have waited until after the 1pm PST games as well, but Cooks made it an easy choice.

Who are you dropping him for?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm trying to work out a trade with a guy who had to start Boston Scott at RB this past weekend. I am thinking I would send him one of my RBs for one of his WRs since he is stacked at WR. No PPR.
My roster:
RB: James RB1son, Kenyan Drake, David Montgomery, Antonio Gibson, Myles Gaskin, Jerick McKinnon
WR: Allen Robinson, Kenny Golladay, Diontae Johnson, Keelan Cole, Russell Gage, Preston Williams, Marquez Valdez-Scantling,

His roster:
RB: Zeke, James White, Boston Scott, Chris Thompson
WR: Chris Godwin, Robert Woods, Keenan Allen, Jarvis Landry, Brandin Cooks
His RB/WR roster is smaller because he is not using his IR slots and is also carrying three QBs, two TEs, and two D/STs

I am hoping I can swing one of Chris Godwin, Robert Woods, Keenan Allen for Antonio Gibson plus any WR thats not ARob, Kenny G, or Diontae, or maybe three guys since he so badly needs depth, too, if I can convince him to put bodies in his IR slot (James White and one of his QBs could be in our two available IR slots).

I think that would be offering too little for a top WR but I might try it just because his roster is such a mess. I've never done a fantasy trade though and with different people having different opinions on players, especially in a re-draft league, I'm not sure what I can get away with. I could also try Gibson for for Landry because I've always liked Landry but with the Browns being so run heavy and their passing game being so iffy I'm not sure that would be worth it for me. I'm also debating if I want to abandon ship on Drake considering he has been bad as a starter so far this year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 28, 2020

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Chill Penguin posted:

Who are you dropping him for?

I had added some players from waivers last week and dropped my kicker (Bailey) to facilitate it.

So I had no kicker on my roster going into Sunday knowing I’d have more information to make a “better”choice of which player to drop for a kicker (Crosby). The stars aligned with Crosby being a FA and being in the Sunday night game, so I had him as the target. Also worked out that all the new pickups I received were in the 10am and 1pm PST games. This is not a strategy that would work in every situation but it’s one I had previously not considered, at all.

Thanks to the goon who recommended this strategy!

Edit: to answer your question I’ll state who I kept over Cooks: Slayton, Singletary, Gibson, and Kelley.

decypher fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 28, 2020

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

That's the way to do it. If I don't have a locked-in top kicker or defense, they both get dropped on Tuesday to make room for speculative adds. I usually don't pick up a replacement until Sunday.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

decypher posted:

I had added some players from waivers last week and dropped my kicker (Bailey) to facilitate it.

So I had no kicker on my roster going into Sunday knowing I’d have more information to make a “better”choice of which player to drop for a kicker (Crosby). The stars aligned with Crosby being a FA and being in the Sunday night game, so I had him as the target. Also worked out that all the new pickups I received were in the 10am and 1pm PST games. This is not a strategy that would work in every situation but it’s one I had previously not considered, at all.

Thanks to the goon who recommended this strategy!

Edit: to answer your question I’ll state who I kept over Cooks: Slayton, Singletary, Gibson, and Kelley.

I tend to run that strategy a lot due to years of solely streaming TE/DEF/K. There's usually a decent chance a K from the SNF/MNF games are available. It's even more useful this year imo with the amount of turnover we're already seeing and the uncertainly all season.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm trying to work out a trade with a guy who had to start Boston Scott at RB this past weekend. I am thinking I would send him one of my RBs for one of his WRs since he is stacked at WR. No PPR.
My roster:
RB: James RB1son, Kenyan Drake, David Montgomery, Antonio Gibson, Myles Gaskin, Jerick McKinnon
WR: Allen Robinson, Kenny Golladay, Diontae Johnson, Keelan Cole, Russell Gage, Preston Williams, Marquez Valdez-Scantling,

His roster:
His RB/WR roster is smaller because he is not using his IR slots and is also carrying three QBs, two TEs, and two D/STs

I am hoping I can swing one of Chris Godwin, Robert Woods, Keenan Allen for Antonio Gibson plus any WR thats not ARob, Kenny G, or Diontae, or maybe three guys since he so badly needs depth, too, if I can convince him to put bodies in his IR slot (James White and one of his QBs could be in our two available IR slots).

I think that would be offering too little for a top WR but I might try it just because his roster is such a mess. I've never done a fantasy trade though and with different people having different opinions on players, especially in a re-draft league, I'm not sure what I can get away with. I could also try Gibson for for Landry because I've always liked Landry but with the Browns being so run heavy and their passing game being so iffy I'm not sure that would be worth it for me. I'm also debating if I want to abandon ship on Drake considering he has been bad as a starter so far this year.

I mean, as you say that's not a good offer for one of his top WRs, but that doesn't mean he won't take it. I also don't really think you should be looking to make this kind of move for a fair offer, though. Your top three WRs are good and your RB depth is good, just hold steady until later in the season.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Gearman posted:

That's the way to do it. If I don't have a locked-in top kicker or defense, they both get dropped on Tuesday to make room for speculative adds. I usually don't pick up a replacement until Sunday.

Yeah I saved Younghoe these past weeks cuz he's great but I'm not gonna gently caress with a groin injury. "A doubtful kicker means out for the season."

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sourdough posted:

I mean, as you say that's not a good offer for one of his top WRs, but that doesn't mean he won't take it. I also don't really think you should be looking to make this kind of move for a fair offer, though. Your top three WRs are good and your RB depth is good, just hold steady until later in the season.
Cool, thanks for the thoughts. I'm not in a "I must trade" mindset, but if I can get one of those three WRs for Gibson (I dont trust him) and a WR I'll never start, I'll do it. If not then I'll definitely wait till later in the year to try for another trade.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

My roster:

His roster:

As a Godwin owner I was worried BEFORE he pulled his hammy. He was my keeper too.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I need 8.4 points + Marquise Brown from Lamar to win this week.

Come on run in all the TDs.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Drop Anthony Miller for Justin Jefferson? .5 PPR redraft. 1 QB 2 WR 1 RB 2 WR 2 FLX

My receivers are good but mostly hurt:

Michael Thomas
AJ Brown
DJ Chark
Diontae Johnson
Michael Gallup
Anthony Miller

Edit: I have Kelce and Jonnu Smith as a second tight end in a 1 TE league so Smith is potentially expendable

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 29, 2020

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

OxySnake posted:

I need 8.4 points + Marquise Brown from Lamar to win this week.

Come on run in all the TDs.

What

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

He has Lamar and is going against Brown and is down 8.4 going into the game

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Keith Atherton posted:

Drop Anthony Miller for Justin Jefferson? .5 PPR redraft. 1 QB 2 WR 1 RB 2 WR 2 FLX

My receivers are good but mostly hurt:

Michael Thomas
AJ Brown
DJ Chark
Diontae Johnson
Michael Gallup
Anthony Miller

Edit: I have Kelce and Jonnu Smith as a second tight end in a 1 TE league so Smith is potentially expendable

Easily drop Miller for Jefferson, yeah

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Is it worth picking up Jamison Crowder or Deebo Samuel to stash in my IR spot? Both are on the wire in my league and seem like high end players

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Definitely stash whoever you can on IR. I'd probably do deebo over crowder if you can only have one.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

As a Godwin owner I was worried BEFORE he pulled his hammy. He was my keeper too.
Thank you for pointing this out. It looks like he'll miss at least two weeks. Might be able to see if the guy will sell low since he is desperate for a RB. I almost kept Godwin (kept Kenyan Drake instead :\ ). I'd be happy to stick Godwin on IR for a few weeks in exchange for one of my second tier RBs that will never leave my bench anyway.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1310946413879197697

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1310948437475631107

Discuss. What do you do if you own Titans or Vikings?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Titans/Vikings/Steelers/Texans probably all need contingency plans. We never accounted for a team being td to shut it down until Saturday.

Mike Clay floated putting them on Tuesday, which gives them TNF amounts of prep time

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I’m sure it will be treated like hurricane and week 4 becomes those teams bye weeks.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

:getin:

Let's scrap the season, I'm off to a bad start anyway.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

:getin:

Let's scrap the season, I'm off to a bad start anyway.

Let's scrap the season, I'm currently in first place.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Of all the rookie running backs this season I did not expect James Robinson to be playing the best

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

Of all the rookie running backs this season I did not expect James Robinson to be playing the best

Its pretty dope. I hope it lasts, I like his run style even if it isn't going to blow the doors off the faster more agile guys

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Vargo posted:

Let's scrap the season, I'm currently in first place.

:same:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Waiver day. Much less promising looking than last week. I need all the RB help I can get. Gaskin is probably good enough to start in my RB2 position, and I don't think anyone else on the WW is good enough to burn my spot for - maybe Hyde if Carson's injury were worse? But it sounds like Carson will be back soon.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

MacheteZombie posted:

Its pretty dope. I hope it lasts, I like his run style even if it isn't going to blow the doors off the faster more agile guys

Might be a league winner or at least money maker for me. I drafted second to last and am now second place partly thanks to him.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

My team is stacked high with corpses. Thomas, julio, kittle, goedert, carson, cohen. Lucky me

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I've had an offer of Allen Lazard and Latavius Murray for Mixon. Mixon's been kind of a disappointment for me so far and Lazard at least seems to have potential even if he's not number one in targets when Adams is healthy. Murray is... maybe the injury curse will take Kamara as well. Worth making the trade?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Party Boat posted:

I've had an offer of Allen Lazard and Latavius Murray for Mixon. Mixon's been kind of a disappointment for me so far and Lazard at least seems to have potential even if he's not number one in targets when Adams is healthy. Murray is... maybe the injury curse will take Kamara as well. Worth making the trade?

absolutely not

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Xguard86 posted:

Might be a league winner or at least money maker for me. I drafted second to last and am now second place partly thanks to him.

Same. I always bitch about being within 3 picks of the turn. For once I see the light now about how drafting at the top is akin to putting eggs in one basket.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Suave Fedora posted:

Same. I always bitch about being within 3 picks of the turn. For once I see the light now about how drafting at the top is akin to putting eggs in one basket.
Yeah I always get burned when I have an early pick. I would have rather drafted two good RBs at like 7th and 14th rather than one "great" RB at 2 and stuck with whatever at 19.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Party Boat posted:

That is a terrible loving trade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Lol fair enough. Think I was blinded by my distaste for Mixon's slow start.