Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

:eyepop:

But who indicted them? The feds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WillCo grand jury!

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

WillCo grand jury!

WilCo sure is changing...

I remember the first indication of the blue wave (that I was aware of at least) was those Democrats winning Cedar Park city council seats.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

WilCo sure is changing...

I remember the first indication of the blue wave (that I was aware of at least) was those Democrats winning Cedar Park city council seats.

same! i think it was two teachers that kicked out two cops. they had their victory party at The Dig next to city hall but i think i worked that night and couldn't go

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes

Motherfucker won $85 million in the lotto and couldn't just retire and keep to his stupid self. This belongs in the schadenfraude thread.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

#BACKTHEBLUE

Won't someone please think of the poor Sheriffs and County Attorneys?!

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Sneeing Emu posted:

Motherfucker won $85 million in the lotto and couldn't just retire and keep to his stupid self. This belongs in the schadenfraude thread.

Wait, which one won the lottery?

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Are Harris county playgrounds opening up? Drove past one full of kids and parents today.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Are Harris county playgrounds opening up? Drove past one full of kids and parents today.

It just depends on the jurisdiction. City of Houston playgrounds are closed, Harris County parks are open on a commissioner precinct basis (Republican precinct parks and I think Rodney Ellis' are open)

The parks from the individual MUDs are probably mostly open as well.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Shooting Blanks posted:

The Williamson county sheriff

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Don Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle coming to speak at the Hidalgo Co. GOP association, which has 12 people? Wondering who bankrolled that...

https://www.themonitor.com/2020/09/28/trump-jr-participate-local-gop-luncheon/

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Sab0921 posted:

It just depends on the jurisdiction. City of Houston playgrounds are closed, Harris County parks are open on a commissioner precinct basis (Republican precinct parks and I think Rodney Ellis' are open)

The parks from the individual MUDs are probably mostly open as well.

That's clear and straightforward :D

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes

Shooting Blanks posted:

Oh, yeah, Chody.

March 7, 2001 - One $85 Million Winning Ticket - (Quick Pick & Cash Value Option)
Austin - Shoppers Mart, 10500 N. Lamar
RBH CNC, Ltd (Robert & Beverly Chody) of Austin Collected $51,214,323 on March 15, 2001
(An Austin Police Officer and an AT&T Employee)

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

IT BURNS posted:

Don Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle coming to speak at the Hidalgo Co. GOP association, which has 12 people? Wondering who bankrolled that...

Whichever cartel is selling him the cocaine?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

That's clear and straightforward :D

There are a lot of entities (government and otherwise like HOAs) that own and operate playgrounds in Harris County - there isn't a uniform answer!

I do think they should reopen playgrounds though - they're outdoors, and fomites have not been a major transmission source - Parks have been the saving grace of COVID.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Sneeing Emu posted:

Oh, yeah, Chody.

March 7, 2001 - One $85 Million Winning Ticket - (Quick Pick & Cash Value Option)
RBH CNC, Ltd (Robert & Beverly Chody) of Austin Collected $51,214,323 on March 15, 2001

oh, 2001? that's long-gone then lol

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Sneeing Emu posted:

Oh, yeah, Chody.

If I pocket $51 million, I'm never working another day in my life and I'm going to live a life of simplicity, having escaped the miserable grind of employment. Who the hell decides to become a sheriff after literally winning the lottery?????

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Sinten posted:

If I pocket $51 million, I'm never working another day in my life and I'm going to live a life of simplicity, having escaped the miserable grind of employment. Who the hell decides to become a sheriff after literally winning the lottery?????

Basically this. $51 million after taxes is still tens of millions of dollars. If you're even halfway smart about managing it, that's family legacy levels of money for at least a generation or two until one of the kids/grandkids blows through it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Money can do a lot for you, but many people still feel the need to keep busy. And what money alone can't do is give you the raw feeling of power over others, which I hear people like a lot.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Just buy a for-profit prison

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

That's what running for election for sheriff is, isn't it?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

IT BURNS posted:

Old rear end, old Mcallen money people that live in those enclaves in South Mcallen near the country club.

I know the area lmao, they couldn't get something remotely in McAllen. What loving losers. AND not even getting the Cantu's to host it either when that fucker is on Abbot's committee to reopen Texas. Same side of town as the Airport these fucks are in and out private jet guaranteed. Cardenas family if I'm not mistaken own a bunch of car dealerships and a parcel or two of the original King Ranch.

Cartel's wouldn't sell poo poo to the Trumps, esp after they repeatedly refer to all Latinx peoples as lesser than. They'd sooner kidnap Jr. and put his face on a soccer ball I'd imagine if it wouldn't incur the wrath of the American military.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Has no one pointed out that his name is Chody.

Because lol

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
For any fellow Panhandle goons (if they exist) - I "got to" meet Ronny Jackson today (the Trump doctor who got denied veterans affairs because of drunk driving). He is as dumb as you think but his wife is sharp - put him in the Rick Perry category of "morons whose entire career is driven by his partner."

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i assume KEYE's fred cantu is part of the same family, i remember he traveled down to the valley a lot. he'd make a good mafia don

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Today's the SD 30 special and goddamn I can't believe I have to root for Drew Springer

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

excited about lunch today

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Since when does waterburger have burritos and chips and guacamole

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
since when does whataburger have hours

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1310952934654574592

:whitewater:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Ahh yes cause when i think of 'good booze' I think 'Coors'

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

since when does whataburger have hours

This caught my eye too. Is that actually Whataburger or something else?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I had a topo vodka once and it tasted like poo poo

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Shooting Blanks posted:

This caught my eye too. Is that actually Whataburger or something else?

It's Freebirds, they just went with a particular eye-catching color combination deeply ingrained into Texans from birth

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mendacious Aggies!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Hasturtium posted:

It's Freebirds, they just went with a particular eye-catching color combination deeply ingrained into Texans from birth

I had low tolerance for their Cali style burritos before but now they’re dead to me

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

aight i'll say it: chipotle is way better than freebird's

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

i say swears online posted:

Sometimes I feel like I'm the lone holdout for Qdoba left in the world, but your hierarchy's still accurate.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I once had the displeasure of eating cheese dip (I refuse to call it queso) and Jesus Christ I didn't know how they could make something that's just melted cheese taste so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

It's ok, everyone can have bad opinions from time to time.