Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
It looks like Wyrmstooth is unstable for me, which isn't unusual for this mod. It will crash to the desktop when I try to enter the Wyrmstooth Refectory and that's how I advance. I'm guessing I have to just back out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
I'd like a mod where npc's recognize how stupidly overpowered my character is. I'm one-hitting dragons, so when I enter a cave I want the bandits inside to go "oh poo poo its the dragonborn" and flee in terror.

Two Beans fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Sep 18, 2020

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Attacking the Dragonborn is just the fast track to Sovngard.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Attacking the Dragonborn is just the fast track to Sovngard.

If someone does make that mod it should just be called "...Or Sovngarde"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Two Beans posted:

I'd like a mod where npc's recognize how stupidly overpowered my character is. I'm one-hitting dragons, so when I enter a cave I want the bandits inside to go "oh poo poo its the dragonborn" and flee in terror.

I've wanted this at least since Oblivion, where I could be wandering through an Oblivion Gate, half on fire, carrying a Dremora's head in my left hand and all of a sudden "...your 100 gold or your life"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
It'd be nice when someone gives up fighting and surrenders they don't immediately stand back and continue swinging.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Two Beans posted:

So you can kind of get that effect with a New Vegas-style damage threshold system; I implemented it in Oldrim and if you were immune to people’s attacks they just fled- it’s already coded into the game, surprisingly. Couldn’t figure out a good way to roll DT out, though, given the huge effect it would have on game balance and the fact you needed to apply a MGEF to do it making it a pain to do with enchanted gear. (To be fair, though, I didn’t try all that hard...)

Talkie Toaster fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 18, 2020

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
A mod review from a stupidly overpowered Dragonborn (see image below)

Become High King of Skyrim:
I'm a bit disappointed in this mod. Instead of a lore-friendly quest path where you gather the Jarls together to form a Moot where they elect you king, instead you just meet someone in a sewer and he tells you he'll make you king if you ask a bunch of people if you should be king. Once you're king, the only thing you can really do is break quest chains by commanding npc's to move to your brand new capital city that's buggy as gently caress, or send them to be executed (you can have children be executed as well, complete with scripted execution by headsman sequence).

Two Beans fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 20, 2020

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
Here's a question for you guys: So I've got Skyrim VR, the Wabbajack VR Essential list, and a fairly beefy PC, but I still feel like there's something off graphically. Everything looks pretty good except for foliage at a distance. I don't know how else to describe it except it looks like a ton of artifacting, almost like the leaves/grass become a green static whenever I move.

I cranked the poo poo out of the supersampling/resolution slider in SteamVR and that did seem to help. Is there anything else I can adjust? How much per-eye resolution is too much? Does the Nvidia Control Panel actually DO anything?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
What's the recommend food/eat/sleep and camping (tent) mod that works best with Frostfall?

Same question for a more normal weight and carry system- I shouldn't be carrying around 15 weapons and 20 pieces of armour and 50 types of food all at once.

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
INeed Contented: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19390 for needs

Campfire and the patch, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/667, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17925

I'm using https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18362 and https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23396 but I'm sure there are others.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

The madman behind Vokriinator has released a version that requires nine mods:

SPERG
Mysticism
Adamant
Path of Sorcery
Vokrii
Vokrii - Mysticism patch (in Vokrii's page)
Ordinator
Ordinator - Combat Styles
Vokriinator Black

Booted it up and yeah it's something.

Skwirl posted:

Speaking of Perk mods, anybody seen this one

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/104349

it goes a bit beyond perks because it tries to remake crafting and bartering as well through the crafting and speech perks and it merges both armor classes to make room for an unarmored skill.
Get to it, Vokriinator creator. You missed one! :colbert:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Comstar posted:

What's the recommend food/eat/sleep and camping (tent) mod that works best with Frostfall?

Same question for a more normal weight and carry system- I shouldn't be carrying around 15 weapons and 20 pieces of armour and 50 types of food all at once.

Campfire used to be baked into Frostfall, so that's an obvious one.

I've always used Realistic Needs and Diseases. iNeed is probably fine, but I ran into other mods I used that worked with RnD better.

I haven't found anything to handle carrying weight well. I just console myself what I feel's appropriate.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/39723

:hmmyes:

Sadly, it does not add peanut butter, banana, and bacon sandwiches.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Mod Is Not Crash

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Anyone have a favorite Wabbajack playlist? I haven't played modern modded skyrim in years, and I have both editions, so I was wondering if there was anything really cool out there.

I ended up going with this one:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i31E32PtFQv_soryzrH8dOmk-Yk3n1GZIuQnuFsy2XY/edit#gid=0

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 26, 2020

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I really just want something that is like viva new vegas for skyrim. Everything ends up being huge lists with giant custom patches

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Boba Pearl posted:

Anyone have a favorite Wabbajack playlist? I haven't played modern modded skyrim in years, and I have both editions, so I was wondering if there was anything really cool out there.

I ended up going with this one:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i31E32PtFQv_soryzrH8dOmk-Yk3n1GZIuQnuFsy2XY/edit#gid=0

Living Skyrim is nice, but a bit too hefty for my PC. Phoenix Flavour is what I'm running, and it's a nice middle of the road, graphics and content wise. It also comes with two presets, one with Legacy of the Dragonborn and one without.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

It's happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRLqjCLSehQ

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Big ups for making Uriel actually look like Patrick Stewart this time!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
It looks like GEMS isn't really a thing anymore? I have an itch to play some Skyrim on my new monitor but I really don't want to hunt mods down for 3 days. What's a good mod list these days?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Kaddish posted:

It looks like GEMS isn't really a thing anymore? I have an itch to play some Skyrim on my new monitor but I really don't want to hunt mods down for 3 days. What's a good mod list these days?

I am really enjoying Living Skyrim 2 in the wabbajack launcher

You can find the complete modlist here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i31E32PtFQv_soryzrH8dOmk-Yk3n1GZIuQnuFsy2XY/edit#gid=0

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

This is perfect, thanks. There's no issue with plugin limit with this? I know not every entry will have an esp but there are over 800 mods listed.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I think you have to use Wabbajack to install everything, but they already make you combined ESPs, and many of the mods use ESLs which get around the plugin limit.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Plus, the "over 800 mods" probably includes a bunch of texture/mesh replacers, which usually don't require an ESP.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

That's impressive as hell but it would have been funny if they'd made it a jungle.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Living Skyrim 2 is fully installed and relatively stable. I miss some of the things I used to have, like harvesting from horseback. Some of the NPC replacements are really bad. Some of the body skin choices and physics I don't super like (yes, I am a pervert). It's also surprisingly difficult, I got murdered straight away in Barrowfalls.

The really funny thing is that even with a 2080S and an admittedly older CPU at this point (7700k) I can't hit 60FPS outdoors with even a performance ENB enabled. There is also some serious hitching at times.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Kaddish posted:

Living Skyrim 2 is fully installed and relatively stable. I miss some of the things I used to have, like harvesting from horseback. Some of the NPC replacements are really bad. Some of the body skin choices and physics I don't super like (yes, I am a pervert). It's also surprisingly difficult, I got murdered straight away in Barrowfalls.

The really funny thing is that even with a 2080S and an admittedly older CPU at this point (7700k) I can't hit 60FPS outdoors with even a performance ENB enabled. There is also some serious hitching at times.

I have a GTX 2060 and I was able to fix the hitching by using this: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38649 and this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21543 I get 45 - 50 fps.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kaddish posted:

I haven't used any harvest from horseback mods (because I don't use horses) but if that's all the mod does you can probably add it without breaking anything, just have a backup save and test it immediately and if it breaks roll it back.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Skwirl posted:

I haven't used any harvest from horseback mods (because I don't use horses) but if that's all the mod does you can probably add it without breaking anything, just have a backup save and test it immediately and if it breaks roll it back.

It was a mod that auto harvested and looted non-locked chests/bodies based on filters. Honestly, there are so many mods and MCM menus that I need to go through with Living Skyrim that it could very well be there.

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
I haven't touched Skyrim since playing it on Xbox in 2011. I'd love to get it on PC again, but mod the crap out of it so that it looks like a current gen title and it's hopefully a little deeper of a game (specifically combat, can that be made more interesting?) and fix whatever shortcomings it had in 2011. Is there a "here's a curated list of mods you'll want for that" that I can follow to get that sort of experience, without having to get a PhD in Skyrim mod history? Basically looking for a list of "2020 mods that modernize the game, but don't completely overturn the gameplay itself so that it loses its magic". More magic is good, less magic bad.

DreadCthulhu fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 2, 2020

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Is there a list of which Enaisiaon mods are compatible with one another. I’d like to use all of his poo poo really, but some things seem to replace other things like the Wildcat and Smilidon mods, for example.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

chaosapiant posted:

Is there a list of which Enaisiaon mods are compatible with one another. I’d like to use all of his poo poo really, but some things seem to replace other things like the Wildcat and Smilidon mods, for example.

he does a good job putting that information in the description of his mods, usually in the FAQ section. incompatibilities are pretty much the same as any other mods. Wildcat and Smilidon do the same thing, so they're not compatible. His perk mods aren't compatible with each other* etc.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Rainbow Knight posted:

he does a good job putting that information in the description of his mods, usually in the FAQ section. incompatibilities are pretty much the same as any other mods. Wildcat and Smilidon do the same thing, so they're not compatible. His perk mods aren't compatible with each other* etc.

Gotcha. I looked at a few of his documents, but I was phone browsing and may have missed it. Thanks!

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
I'm using ordinator's thief skills rebelance patch and I have no idea what's going on. If you crawl very slowly in stealth and stay in the dark it works pretty well, but at soon as you start crouching at normal speed or you roll, enemies see you like they're a cyborg. Is that normal? You're expected to play like the old Thief game, except with no way to put out torches and other light sources.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

chaosapiant posted:

Gotcha. I looked at a few of his documents, but I was phone browsing and may have missed it. Thanks!

Basically all the mods are compatible with each other as long as they don't do the same thing

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Skwirl posted:

Basically all the mods are compatible with each other as long as they don't do the same thing

Are there any that one wouldn’t recommend?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

Are there any that one wouldn’t recommend?

I don't use either of the combat mods, but I've never used them so I don't really have an opinion. I'm probably gonna try a different perk mod next time I play but I prefer Ordinator to Vokrii.

I haven't tried the light weight versions of his race and religion mods because I like the other ones. Everything else is pretty much must install.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

What's the consensus on the JK city/town mods? Pretty good poo poo? I've got a fresh install of Skyrim SE centered around Legacy of the Dragonborn and the majority of ENAISION's mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I've used JK's for years now. Solid, without being TOO over the top. There's even a patch to make it work with Dawn of Skyrim.

It's generally one of the most -- if not THE most -- well supported city overhaul mods on the Nexus. Tons of compatibility patches scattered around.