Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm definitely worried Maeve's girlfriend is going to get fridged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm really hoping that Love Sausage is still alive, and we see him extol the virtues of communism wearing a skin tight red leotard at some point.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'm honestly surprised she's not already dead after Homelander overheard Maeve's conversation with her and figured out who she was.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

They better not kill Maeve :colbert:

davidspackage posted:

Anyone have a link to this, or can you find it on Prime? I'm already imagining Starr's expressions.

The only thing I can find about it is a quote from Eric Kripke:

Eric Kripke posted:

"There was ONE SCENE that Amazon said gently caress NO, you have to cut," Kripke wrote when asked what scene was cut that he wish had stayed in. "I couldn't quite understand why considering everything else we have in the show, but: Homelander, after being dressed down by Stilwell in episode 2, was standing on one of the Chrysler building Eagles. He pulled his pants down and started jerking off, mumbling 'I can do whatever I want' over and over again until he climaxed all over New York City. We shot it! Oh my God, Anthony was the BEST in that scene. Amazon seemed to think it wasn't necessary. I thought it told me something about his psyche. To be clear, they've been great, that may have been the ONLY fight I lost in Season 1."

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I watched an interview where Kripke was saying that he was concerned about fridging in season 1 with the death of Robin and also the death of Becca, both from the comic, and he was aware that it could come across poorly. It factored into Becca living in the show. So I expect the fridging to be kept to a minimum if possible.

w0o0o0o
Aug 26, 2007
bloop.
My theory is Maeve's girlfriend is murdered by Homelander or Stormfront in retaliation for her go pro blackmail scheme.

That plan is a really, really bad one that cannot possibly end well.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

w0o0o0o posted:

My theory is Maeve's girlfriend is murdered by Homelander or Stormfront in retaliation for her go pro blackmail scheme.

That plan is a really, really bad one that cannot possibly end well.

In fairness, Maeve doesn't know that Homelander will be around until the end of the show, whereas she might not.

It would not be an interesting story if Maeve's arc this season just results in her getting pushed straight back into crushing corporate despair having gone nowhere. Maeve choosing to sacrifice herself to save her girlfriend (who will also die) would make her story the appropriate mirror to the Homelander/Stormfront story.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I can imagine some hosed up scenario where Homelander video calls Maeve, demands she recite the typical wedding vows, emphasizing "till death do us part," then showing her a video where he's flying over a city and drops Elena.

e: Or even invite her into the tower, put an arm around her, and fly out while making Maeve watch. Either way, Homelander's just been loving with Maeve, he doesn't care to gently caress with Elena because he doesn't see her as a person, just something Maeve likes that he can use to hurt her. Watching my nephews break each others' toys to make the other feel bad is loving terrifying because it's the same mentality.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 29, 2020

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018

Azhais posted:

Bury your gays is a trope for a reason. TV shows love killing off lesbians, doubly so if they're just starting to be happy

Maeve is bisexual.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

Maeve is bisexual.

I think the girlfriend is a far more likely target at this point but yes

Tho with the comments above about not wanting to fridge, hopefully they don't go that route either

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

I don't really know what Homelander wants out of loving with Maeve and Elena. Is it purely to scare her so she'll be obedient to him? Because she was already pretty scared and obedient to begin with.

He seems to flit between wanting to ruin Maeve's life by publicly outing her/intimidating her, and flashes of genuine annoyance that she isn't grateful her relationship is now 'out in the open' and she can be with Elena all the time. I feel like in his twisted way he's trying to show he's moved on from Maeve by allowing her to have her relationship, but at the same time he can't stop himself punishing her for it.

He doesn't seem like he's about to kill Elena though, at least not while he's gooey over Stormfront. Once Maeve tries to blackmail him though...

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Honestly, with the way Elena was looking at Maeve, and ending the scene with Maeve's, "Why are you looking at me like that?", I wouldn't be surprised if next time we see her, Elena has left her, because she can't be around her anymore after seeing that video. Like it changed how she sees Maeve as well. Which would leave Maeve even more broken than before, and would maybe lead to her just releasing the video, drat the consequences.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Is it really fridging if it's not in service of a man's revenge plot though?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Sorry this is going WAY back and is probably one of those 'don't think about it too hard' questions but someone remind me why they couldn't gas or drown Translucent?

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
If she did, Homelander would see him hurting Elena as doing Maeve a favor- she should thank him for doing it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Megillah Gorilla posted:

They're going to make her play for the Bears??? :ohdear:

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

General Battuta posted:

Sorry this is going WAY back and is probably one of those 'don't think about it too hard' questions but someone remind me why they couldn't gas or drown Translucent?

I think Frenchie mentioned that someone tried that once? Good question, though.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Riatsala posted:

I think Frenchie mentioned that someone tried that once? Good question, though.

Yeah, he said "some Dominicans tried suffocating him back in 07, and they're all dead." That feels pretty open-ended to me, it might have failed more because it's hard to tell if the invisible guy is dead.

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Sep 29, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Another Bill posted:

In this universe Mitch Trubisky is an amazing QB and the Bears are heralded as one of the most adept and forward thinking front offices of all times.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

General Battuta posted:

For what it is worth, I thought Hughie was going to figure out how to kill him. And his idea, poisoning his food/water with a specific chemical, would be revealed to Translucent after Hughie's fed him and listened to his bullshit.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
The way they ended that last Maeve scene with her girlfriend- "why are you looking at me like that?"

Made me think that maybe Elena was going to leak the video (maybe right there and then) and break up with Maeve...

Maeve seemed more focused on Homelander's role in the plane crash, and less on how it made Maeve look like a monster too.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

veni veni veni posted:

Is it really fridging if it's not in service of a man's revenge plot though?

It's reverse fridging, since Elena is The Man of the couple

Vought is progressive that way!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Solice Kirsk posted:

In this universe Mitch Trubisky is an amazing QB and the Bears are heralded as one of the most adept and forward thinking front offices of all times.

Please, my suspension of disbelief. I'll accept a world where a competent Bears leadership drafted Mahomes tho.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

As Nero Danced posted:

Yeah, he said "some Dominicans tried suffocating him back in 07, and they're all dead." That feels pretty open-ended to me, it might have failed more because it's hard to tell if the invisible guy is dead.

Yeah this seems like the critical Wile E Coyote flaw where you try a plan and fail and give up on it instead of just iterating and fixing the point of failure.

Drowning or suffocating Translucent does seem like the easy answer but :shrug: he's dead now anyways

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Translucent was a scumbag so it wouldn't surprise me if he was lying about all that and the Boys either believed him or didn't call his bluff and try those things anyway.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Another Bill posted:

I'm really hoping that Love Sausage is still alive, and we see him extol the virtues of communism wearing a skin tight red leotard at some point.

Tapir like super-powers!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Please, my suspension of disbelief. I'll accept a world where a competent Bears leadership drafted Mahomes tho.

So in this parallel universe, is Mahomes riding the bench and Trubisky is a SB champion?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Another Bill posted:

Or fight with GI Joe.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/TheBoysTV/status/1311045412304769024

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

With over 100 more Goku votes than Goku votes (i'm surprised that many people voted Goku at all!) in the past twenty four hours, Bioshuffle is officially banned from this thread.

If you see him posting in here after his probe is up, report it immediately kthx.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Huzzah!

I'm surprised at there being so many votes, guess there is a lot of lurkers compared to those that post which really shouldn't be that surprising I suppose. Still.

And yes Maeve's girlfriend is likely dead woman walking at this point but such can be said for most I imagine. It's not so much who dies as who is really going to survive.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Humbly requesting thread name change to

The Boys Season 2: OK, all Nazis wear capes

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Keltar posted:

I'm surprised at there being so many votes, guess there is a lot of lurkers compared to those that post which really shouldn't be that surprising I suppose. Still.

I only joined the thread just recently, and it became obvious within maybe a page - two at the most - that there was a problem.

Regarding the earlier discussion of the deleted Homelander Jerking Off scene, I'll bet that if they wanted to get that in now, or something like it, they'd have a lot more pull as a multi-season hit show than as one yet to air. I do like that the show has dialed down the Ennisness of everything other than the violence, and is far better off for it, so I think this is a good deletion, but I'll bet they are getting more freedom from Amazon at this point.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Hah... if they play him up as a Kiwi (yes I know but still) that will explain Butcher's accent. Good choice.

esperterra posted:

With over 100 more Goku votes than Goku votes (i'm surprised that many people voted Goku at all!) in the past twenty four hours, Bioshuffle is officially banned from this thread.

If you see him posting in here after his probe is up, report it immediately kthx.

Thank you.

Keltar posted:

Huzzah!

And yes Maeve's girlfriend is likely dead woman walking at this point but such can be said for most I imagine. It's not so much who dies as who is really going to survive.
Some contrarians, a dash of fellow history enthusiasts and a cuppa people who just got sick of others talking about him. Maybe a spritzel of goons who loved drama. It's done and I'm glad of it.

Yeah.... have a sad hunch you are right. Think she's going to attempt to do the right thing and get silenced. Noir? Homelander? Some Vought generic flunkie? HL doing it would force Maeve's back against the wall more.... make her realize there is no clean way to get out of this. I really don't want to see Maeve or her girl die but it's a matter of time. Someone spoiled the comic ending a bit ago and I worry that the end of the Boys will be Shakespearean. Maybe not tho... please. World is grimdark enough.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

I mostly lurk but I just wanted to come out and say, lately, some of you posters have been a little out of sorts. Erratic, unreliable... Downright sloppy.

Not you, Esperterra. You've been great.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

esperterra posted:

:bubblewoop:

Isaacs Alter Ego posted:

I mostly lurk but I just wanted to come out and say, lately, some of you posters have been a little out of sorts. Erratic, unreliable... Downright sloppy.

Not you, Esperterra. You've been great.

:nice:

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Yep, about time. Some of their posts were actually good, but I was re-reading their posts and sure enough they said early in the thread they had read the comics, so there's no excuse not knowing what Stormfront was all about (let alone complaining about spoiling it for them with prior knowledge from the source material, which at least would have been a valid complaint, if a bit dense still). It was just hit and run baiting.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

New episode is up.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

New episode is up.

Wot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call