Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aineris
Oct 10, 2005
How dare these black people not want to get murdered!? Don't they know it could expose me to COVID!?
This whole thing is terrible. Biden should be knocking it out of the park and he's barely squeaking by.

Why in the Goddamn world did the Dems go with Biden? He's so mediocre.

Edit: I honestly hope they both lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Did Biden really say we're in a K hole recovery?

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
lol "Will you shut up man?" is trending.

Biden is doing ok, Trump's looking like an rear end in a top hat.

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Biden keeps letting Trump's interruptions derail his points by responding to them.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Bicyclops posted:

Herman Cain's ghost getting thrown under the trail in Hell again

Herman Cain Ghost Train went by and no-one noticed

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
oh it's K shaped, ok

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Ughhh Joe is loving bombing this poo poo. He's going with dumb responses rather than empathetic responses.

Yeah, the "Get a load of this guy" stuff doesn't work as well as the "Your grandmother died and she didn't have to," but he can't pull off the latter in this format

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

Ever since I saw an article that stuttering, a speech disorder, impacts a person's fluency speaking in ways that may look like cognitive issues to someone else, Biden's ways of speaking have made a lot more sense. I think having Trump, who operates entirely on bullying, constantly interrupt with insults probably has an impact on his fluency during this, even with a lot of debate prep.

https://niemanreports.org/articles/biden-stutter/

Yeah I have a stutter and I see a lot of my disfluency and strategies to cover it in Biden.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Trump shut up for once and Biden gave an excellent answer

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Rosemont posted:

For the first time in my life I'd serious consider moving to another country depending on who wins.

You misspelled "regardless of who wins."

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
THE $750 DROP

i forgot slowposting is still on. Biden is talking to americans and trump is just talking to himself, its just like any of his rallies with a lil break in between him ranting so really this is useless.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

WAKE UP JOE

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Enigma89 posted:

I wonder if Trumps whome strategy is just to talk over biden and make Biden trip over his own words
Yeah, the issue is that Biden gets most tongue tied when you go into the weeds with him and get him into wonky talk. He'll have explain a concept before going "AND BY THE WAY" and going on a tangent without a transition. Like Ted Cruz would probably kill him. But Trump's too stupid. And giving a wry incredulous smile is Biden's wheelhouse.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

TwoQuestions posted:

Biden is doing ok, Trump's looking like an rear end in a top hat.
I feel like we are watching opposite debates. Biden is stumbling over everything and Trump is the most coherent I've seen him.

Wallace is a poo poo moderator.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Is Trump just going to be allowed to talk over everyone's time in every debate and never get cut off?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I turned it off. This is boring as hell and completely unwatchable

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Trump is an interrupting fool but it works for him and he seems sharper. Biden has been mostly terrible but has had a few zingers. I LOLed at quit yer yappin.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grouchio posted:

I've been reading your reactions (like I always do at debates) and this certainly feels like the rollercoaster I envisioned. My blood pressure is very high. My fingers are tingling.

Hope Biden continues to pick up steam. Lemme know alright?
grouchio i need you to understand that this *literally* doesn't matter. only 6% of voters nationwide said they *may* change their vote based on the debates. how many of those people live in swing states?

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

When Biden can talk without interruption, he's great, but when he's being interrupted and bulldozed he's hardly coherent.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Eagerly awaiting the Herman Cain twitter account agreeing that no one has died from a Trump rally.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy gently caress Wallace don't just let him ignore you and get extra time.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
"Oh you don't like being called stupid, stupid?"

Might have been a fun reaction to watch.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

Ever since I saw an article that stuttering, a speech disorder, impacts a person's fluency speaking in ways that may look like cognitive issues to someone else, Biden's ways of speaking have made a lot more sense. I think having Trump, who operates entirely on bullying, constantly interrupt with insults probably has an impact on his fluency during this, even with a lot of debate prep.

https://niemanreports.org/articles/biden-stutter/

this is dumb, watch Biden debate Ryan in 2012, this was not a problem. His struggles speaking in this campaign are not a stutter, it's clear cognitive decline.

bootsy
Jun 29, 2010
Cool, we’re just giving this rear end in a top hat extra time for no apparent loving reason to ramble about football.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Dont worry I'm sure Kamala will make up for Joe's lack of charisma and performance hahahahahahahahaha

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Who the flying hell voted for Biden; how can you be this bad against this moron.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Biden is doing way worse than he should be on Covid. Trump is up there saying a vaccine will come out and everything will be fine, and Biden responds with no it won't.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Hahahaha I knew he would take credit for the Big Ten

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

frajaq posted:

WAKE UP JOE

The problem is he is awake.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
I BROUGHT BACK FOOTBALL

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Rosemont posted:

For the first time in my life I'd serious consider moving to another country depending on who wins.

I might recommend Uruguay, surprisingly underrated country

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Epicurius posted:

That whole Trump rant on the "Never call me stupid" took me aback. That must have hit a nerve

Yeah it really did. Best moment of the debate.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Trump brought back Big Ten football

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Trump looks like Trump, we all know what to expect.

Biden looks burnt out and tired, he's gaining nothing from this.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

do the vast majority of people give a gently caress about tax returns

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
gently caress you rear end in a top hat I don't want poo poo reopened I like living like a hermit

Lol tax questions.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Taffer posted:

this is dumb, watch Biden debate Ryan in 2012, this was not a problem. His struggles speaking in this campaign are not a stutter, it's clear cognitive decline.

Biden wasn't being talked over every time he spoke.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Ughhh Joe is loving bombing this poo poo. He's going with dumb responses rather than empathetic responses.

Honestly I think Joe is doing the best he can, interpret that as you will I guess

Aineris posted:

This whole thing is terrible. Biden should be knocking it out of the park and he's barely squeaking by.

Why in the Goddamn world did the Dems go with Biden? He's so mediocre.

For some reason it just occurred to me, I wonder how Beto would've done lol

even Julian Castro got fiesty in that one debate

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah it really did. Best moment of the debate.

He needs to keep hitting Trump there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/1311119216410587137?s=21