Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'm no fan of Joe, but he's handling this as well as anyone can be expected to, really

Or anyone oer 60, anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Drink every time Chris Wallace tells Trump to shut the gently caress up oops you're dead.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
I wish Trump had mentioned the exploding European trees.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I wish I couldn't just hear the word "band-aid" over and over again from Biden here, because it's otherwise a solid, real victory in terms of how he sounds comparatively.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Biden just promised that he will create millions of jobs that pay under 15 bucks an hour.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Lol, the republicans should let the Dems block their SCOTUS pick. Then every single moderate that Joe has won would crawl over broken glass in an active land mine field to vote for Trump.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

BonoMan posted:

Drink every time Chris Wallace tells Trump to shut the gently caress up oops you're dead.

You aren'tjust drinking continuously already?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The Velvet Witch posted:

He's falling apart and his base will still vote for him no problem and political children think being loud means he's winning

It's not Trump. It's Biden who was doing very poorly.

He's picking up a bit more now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BonoMan posted:

A friend of mine had a drinking game where "Trump interrupts" was a sip.

I'm fairly sure they are dead now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Zamujasa posted:

*sticks a microphone up rear end and farts, getting a copyright strike from youtube for using debate audio*

Youtube was particularly concerned that you'd edited the audio to make both participants sound more erudite.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Vegetable posted:

I googled "forest city" and only found results from China and Malaysia. Where the heck is this idyllic forest European city I can move to

Wouldn't you like to know, shrublander.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Rad Russian posted:

40% of US voting-age population does not care and does not vote. But I agree that most of those are probably not watching either.

Even if you do not care and do not vote Trump is constantly in the news cycle and he has made no excuse for saying the quite part loud as much as possible. Even if you don't pay attention to politics at all there is no way you don't know what he's about at this point, and if despite that you are still "undecided" then you are at least tacitly in favor of white supremacist and conservative values.

I repeat: there are no undecided voters. There are vocal Trump supporters, vocal Trump haters (either for or against Biden), and people who like at least some of what Trump represents but are too embarrassed to admit it.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Getting into a shouting match with Trump for 2 hours is not a winning strategy. The best approach is to briefly answer a small amount of whatever Trump vomited out there, and switch to something more important that voters are interested in.

Trump is almost exclusively focused on weird inside baseball poo poo that confuses people who are not political nerds. Half the stuff Trump says voters are going "huh, who is that, what is he talking about? *WE* are yelling about how Biden should concisely answer Trump's weird insider bullcrap with insider wonky truth, but in reality what he should do is quickly dismiss it and refocus on concepts people understand and care about.

Biden trips up on his words a bit and stalls sometimes, so his *execution* could be better, but the strategy is sound.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

100 trillion dollars. Might as well just say a gajillion-zillion.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

The Velvet Witch posted:

He's falling apart and his base will still vote for him no problem and political children think being loud means he's winning

Oh his hardcore base is loving loving this poo poo

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

ONE HUNDRED TRILLION DOLLARS

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

They want to do what with cows?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

TAKE OUT THE COWS

Aineris
Oct 10, 2005
How dare these black people not want to get murdered!? Don't they know it could expose me to COVID!?

Fellwenner posted:

You can't try to rebut word vomit, you'll just get lost. Well, more lost. You have to stick to your gameplan. This debate is about soundbites and appealing to centrist and moderate republicans, not answering every bit of nonsense Trump spouts off.

I totally understand that. Just about everyone has made up their mind already.

Point is, Biden is definitely not tipping the scale here, and reading otherwise simply isn't genuine. I'm really trying to stay neutral here. Trump is on the attack, and Biden's on the defense. Biden's just... bad at this.

You could argue that Trump making GBS threads all over everything should be the thing tipping the scale, but that kind of poo poo has been obvious for the last three years and won't be convincing anyone new here.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I made my spouse sit down and watch the debate with me. She is absolutely nonpolitical and doesn't pay attention.

She things Trump is being a complete rear end and failing terribly.

Lame Devil
Mar 21, 2013

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Great, now Joe is going to say he is against the GND..

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Please don't elect Trump, that would make Bolsonaro chances here for a 2nd run greater :negative:

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
THE COWS

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
LOL, Trump doing to Biden on the Green New Deal what Biden did to Bernie on health care - it'll cost infinite trillions of money! More money than anyone could ever imagine!

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
The main reaction I'm seeing on my social media feeds is "I've turned this off."

I couldn't stand to watch it myself. I'm just waiting to see what the spin/momentum effect will be once this is over.

I really hate our current president.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Debate's terrible, time to turn off the TV.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

AtomikKrab posted:

I made my spouse sit down and watch the debate with me. She is absolutely nonpolitical and doesn't pay attention.

She things Trump is being a complete rear end and failing terribly.

My wife isn’t American, she also said the same.

Then she told me to donate more to Biden

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
No, really, did Biden just say he doesn't support $15 an hour minimum wage?

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Moderator: "Let him finish, sir"

Biden: "He doesn't know how to do that."

Echoes of past VP debate greatness :coolbert:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I will personally kill every cow. They know what they did.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

A big flaming stink posted:

He's in favor of hard, hard, good jobs

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

He said that the jobs created would be better than $15/h

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

litany of gulps posted:

LOL, Trump doing to Biden on the Green New Deal what Biden did to Bernie on health care - it'll cost infinite trillions of money! More money than anyone could ever imagine!

Posters in this very thread believe Joe’s line about healthcare.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Hard, good jobs :wink:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Why ISN'T it your plan, Joe?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I interpreted it as them being not minimum wage jobs but skilled labor wages.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
"the green new deal is NOT MY PLAN"

cool, good

Aineris
Oct 10, 2005
How dare these black people not want to get murdered!? Don't they know it could expose me to COVID!?
"The green new deal is NOT MY PLAN"

gently caress Biden. What a complete piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

ReidRansom posted:

You aren'tjust drinking continuously already?

Ha, I actually had to leave and come up to work and get some poo poo done for my mental health. The silence here is so much better than that poo poo fest.