Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Come brag about how good your protest vote felt when your rights are stripped away by a 2nd term Trump admin. Ratbert, in a post-democracy America we won't have attorneys general anymore so you won't have anything to bitch about. Success!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Like I dunno I'm reading up on this daca thing and like, creating a class of people whose right to live in the country is determined by their continued job-having and they can never become citizens or have the right to vote and must continually justify their existence seems pretty bad to me but the guys who created it are the good guys because they're not deporting as many people? And now they're using the people they put in this weird second class citizenship as a political football?

I really feel like the people who are a bit pissed off with this whole thing might have a point?

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 30, 2020

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

spunkshui posted:

Yes?

I’m not in it to break laws and have like weird political wins that are completely criminal.

you just love the process and dont have too much of a stake in the outcome?

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Minrad posted:

it's not very basic, by design. in fact it's made overly complicated by the two ruling parties spread across 50 states all with differing mechanisms to encourage nobody else to be able to take power away from them. you think that's a good thing?

Please provide examples of particularly complicated legal requirements that were unfair to them. Please exclude any that gave them notice of their error and provided them a period of time to correct it.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
This no joe poo poo is so tiresome lol

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Note that if you see coverage of a telemundo poll saying 66% of telemundo viewers thought Trump won the debate...it's a twitter poll. Being promoted by Hannity. Ask yourself why it's crossing your feed.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ascii genitals posted:

Come brag about how good your protest vote felt when your rights are stripped away by a 2nd term Trump admin. Ratbert, in a post-democracy America we won't have attorneys general anymore so you won't have anything to bitch about. Success!

By this stupid logic a vote for anybody but Trump is a vote for Joe. Don’t vote shame me because your candidate sucks.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
When Biden got his points in, he did fine. He just couldn’t get a word in edgewise most of the night with trump flinging poo poo from his diaper and trying to make this personal.

Trump didn’t speak about anything of substance the entire night. He didn’t answer a single question truthfully or with a policy proposal for a 2nd term.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Like I dunno I'm reading up on this daca thing and like, creating a class of people whose right to live in the country is determined by their continued job-having and they can never become citizens or have the right to vote and must continually justify their existence seems pretty bad to me but the guys who created it are the good guys because they're not deporting as many people?

I really feel like the people who are a bit pissed off with this whole thing might have a point?

Boy, wait until you hear about all our other visa programs.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so republicans can pass a law saying democrats can't be on ballots ever and you'd be totally fine with it? seems like a dumb point to take regardless of it being completely detached from the reality of why the greens were removed

I actually know why they were removed a lot of the time was not paying $5000 filing fee because they would rather keep their donations.

Why bother to pay to put your name on the ballot when you already have peoples money and you don’t loving intend to win?

Wake up!

Trumps going to try to that says ballots don’t matter and the electrical college is how we decide elections because ballots don’t work and they’re full of fraud.

Ask China how this works out.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

OwlFancier posted:

Is biden planning to reform immigration so that people are not living with the threat of the next hostile administration doing that?

According to his campaign website, yes.

But even if he wasn't, it doesn't change the very simple calculus: President Trump has taken concrete steps to end DACA, he has promised to continue, and a Biden administration would not.

Biden is far from perfect or even good on immigration, but trying to draw an equivalence between him and Trump is absolute nonsense. Obama and Biden did a poor job at the border. Trump and Pence have been apocalyptically bad on immigration and refugee issues, at the border and within the US. Going back to just "poor" isn't great, but it will mean very real positive changes for hundreds of thousands of people.

If you really want to value purity tests above that to the point you throw your lot in with the proud boys and the Klan, have fun heiling your way to pure leftism.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

OwlFancier posted:

Like I dunno I'm reading up on this daca thing and like, creating a class of people whose right to live in the country is determined by their continued job-having and they can never become citizens or have the right to vote and must continually justify their existence seems pretty bad to me but the guys who created it are the good guys because they're not deporting as many people?

Immigration to the US is incredibly hosed in general and will take a lot of work to unfuck. DACA was an attempt to fix something about it. There's plenty to criticize but it was absolutely an improvement on the nothing that existed before it. Getting rid of it like Trump wants to will make things measurably worse.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/adamslily/status/1311151931457515520?s=20

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

OwlFancier posted:

Like I dunno I'm reading up on this daca thing and like, creating a class of people whose right to live in the country is determined by their continued job-having and they can never become citizens or have the right to vote and must continually justify their existence seems pretty bad to me but the guys who created it are the good guys because they're not deporting as many people? And now they're using the people they put in this weird second class citizenship as a political football?

no you see, you have to vote for the vice deporter in chief to help the people being deported

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

ratbert90 posted:

By this stupid logic a vote for anybody but Trump is a vote for Joe. Don’t vote shame me because your candidate sucks.

Oh it absolutely is the other way around. Your vote for Howie Whatshisname is a vote for Trump. Make no mistake, you can vote 3rd party up and down the ticket all you want--but the presidential election is Biden vs. Trump. Whatever nonsense scenario you're playing out in your mind that says otherwise is a farce and a mistake.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

spunkshui posted:

I actually know why they were removed a lot of the time was not paying $5000 filing fee because they would rather keep their donations.

Why bother to pay to put your name on the ballot when you already have peoples money and you don’t loving intend to win?

Wake up!

Trumps going to try to that says ballots don’t matter and the electrical college is how we decide elections because ballots don’t work and they’re full of fraud.

Ask China how this works out.

answer the question: are you completely fine with living in a one party-state as long as it was given a legal fig-leaf

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Votes for no-hoper third party candidates automatically favor the incumbent why do people not grasp this.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ascii genitals posted:

Oh it absolutely is. Your vote for Howie Whatshisname is a vote for Trump. Make no mistake, you can vote 3rd party up and down the ticket all you want--but the presidential election is Biden vs. Trump. Whatever nonsense scenario you're playing out in your mind that says otherwise is a farce and a mistake.

Again, by this very logic a vote for Howie is also a vote for Joe. So I say again: gently caress off with this horseshit vote shaming. Votes aren’t a right, they should be earned.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

answer the question: are you completely fine with living in a one party-state as long as it was given a legal fig-leaf

I have no idea what the gently caress this means.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

The League of United Latin American Citizens opposed Biden's 2007 immigration bill because the temporary worker program "would create a new underclass of easily exploited workers who would be forbidden from realizing the American Dream."

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

spunkshui posted:

I have no idea what the gently caress this means.

if republicans passed a law banning the democratic party from being on ballots, you would be okay with this?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Why are (almost) all the Joe++ losers regd06 or earlier?

This is a rhetorical, but still sincere, question. Consider it.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Votes for no-hoper third party candidates automatically favor the incumbent why do people not grasp this.

Honestly would not be surprised if these insufferable accelerationists actually want another Trump presidency. They're stomping around talking about their sacred punishment votes, sure, but the main crux of their posting is bullshit suppression tactics trying to convince people either not to vote or to throw their votes away. You'd have to be completely disconnected from logic to live the last 5 years and come talk up the Jill Steins of 2020, jesus christ.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Raskolnikov38 posted:

if republicans passed a law banning the democratic party from being on ballots, you would be okay with this?

If the Moon was made of barbecued spare ribs, would you eat it?

My question has equal bearing and relevance as yours does.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

ascii genitals posted:

Oh it absolutely is the other way around. Your vote for Howie Whatshisname is a vote for Trump. Make no mistake, you can vote 3rd party up and down the ticket all you want--but the presidential election is Biden vs. Trump. Whatever nonsense scenario you're playing out in your mind that says otherwise is a farce and a mistake.

I'm going to vote for ascii genitals so you know theres a Trump vote in your name and you can't stop me

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Because they don’t want to admit they want a second Trump term.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I would absolutely not be happy about this which is why I’m trying to prevent it.

Trump is being completely open that his entire election strategy is to say that ballots shouldn’t be legally counted because there’s too much fraud and it’s the electoral college alone that decides who wins.

If that isn’t a law banning us from ever deciding president I don’t know what the gently caress is.

It’s probably technically legal which is the republican party‘s favorite kind of legal.

Edit: for the record I know such a thing would break the country but Kim Jong-un doesn’t need to rule over a country that works.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ascii genitals posted:

Talk about tiring arguments.

This is only true if you have absolutely no idea how math works, how voting works, or believe that all votes by default go to the democrats and you have to explicitly opt-out, or... something. I have no idea.

By this logic, also, isn't a vote for Howie a vote for both Trump and Biden, because by "denying" each of them my vote, I have increased the vote count for the other? Help me figure this out.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Nix Panicus posted:

I'm going to vote for ascii genitals so you know theres a Trump vote in your name and you can't stop me

OK cool story, I'm going to vote for the thing that has the largest % chance of removing Trump and his incompetent administration. If you want to waste your vote teaching a lesson no one will see or feel go right ahead--I'm just saying that is an incredibly stupid plan.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

HD DAD posted:

we don't. i personally want a first howie hawkins term

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

If the Moon was made of barbecued spare ribs, would you eat it?

My question has equal bearing and relevance as yours does.

dude has literally said he's okay with the greens being removed from the ballot through legal shenanigans. i want see if he's internally consistent

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

fart simpson posted:

no you see, you have to vote for the vice deporter in chief to help the people being deported

This is literally a right wing talking point designed to excuse Trump's despicable immigration record.

More people were captured at the border and deported under Obama because more people tried to cross the border, largely because of worse cartel violence and greater economic opportunity in the US. Trump has set more repressive border policies, and encouraged greater violence by law enforcement and white supremacists (but I repeat myself) against migrants and refugees both at the border and within the US. The Trump administration has openly violated US and international law on the treatment of refugees in a way that Obama and Biden never did.

But go ahead and repeat that thing you heard on Fox News. They must be on your side, because after all, they say they want to own the libs.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Discendo Vox posted:

Note that if you see coverage of a telemundo poll saying 66% of telemundo viewers thought Trump won the debate...it's a twitter poll. Being promoted by Hannity. Ask yourself why it's crossing your feed.

¡esto es catastrófico!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

HD DAD posted:

Or perhaps the other candidate is offering policies that align with their political views????

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

HD DAD posted:

Alternatively, they enjoy the performance and get a thrill at being able to complain about whomever gets elected while being perfectly “pure”

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

spunkshui posted:

I would absolutely not be happy about this which is why I’m trying to prevent it.

Trump is being completely open that his entire election strategy is to say that ballots shouldn’t be legally counted because there’s too much fraud and it’s the electoral college alone that decides who wins.

If that isn’t a law banning us from ever deciding president I don’t know what the gently caress is.

It’s probably technically legal which is the republican party‘s favorite kind of legal.

Edit: for the record I know such a thing would break the country but Kim Jong-un doesn’t need to rule over a country that works.

so then why is it okay when democrats do it

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

the President of the United States went on TV and told a violent militia group to "stand by" and people are debating about the loving Green Party, lol'ing forever

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Space Gopher posted:

This is literally a right wing talking point designed to excuse Trump's despicable immigration record.

More people were captured at the border and deported under Obama because more people tried to cross the border, largely because of worse cartel violence and greater economic opportunity in the US. Trump has set more repressive border policies, and encouraged greater violence by law enforcement and white supremacists (but I repeat myself) against migrants and refugees both at the border and within the US. The Trump administration has openly violated US and international law on the treatment of refugees in a way that Obama and Biden never did.

But go ahead and repeat that thing you heard on Fox News. They must be on your side, because after all, they say they want to own the libs.

the term was created in 2014

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Code Jockey posted:

Talk about tiring arguments.

This is only true if you have absolutely no idea how math works, how voting works, or believe that all votes by default go to the democrats and you have to explicitly opt-out, or... something. I have no idea.

By this logic, also, isn't a vote for Howie a vote for both Trump and Biden, because by "denying" each of them my vote, I have increased the vote count for the other? Help me figure this out.

You were never going to vote for Trump, correct? And theoretically you were going to vote for a Democratic candidate until your feelings got hurt and you decided to take up some misguided revenge campaign--yes? OK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Sounds like catastrophizing to me