Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kyle is an excellent smug. Sleepy wolf boyo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Hans is the perfect Smug villager because he's legit a Yeti with a house that's a ski-resort on the inside, so putting his home far away from everybody else on the island on the highest elevation a house can reach is exactly what he'd want anyway. You're just playing into his plan for the ideal real estate.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I had a dream that the game introduced an entirely new species to the game but it was humans and some weird plain guy named Doug moved in

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
This game is just the best. My GOTY by a wide margin.

Tongue-Tied
Mar 10, 2007

Pillbug
Caledonia is opening for first time ever! It is a mess and work in progress but I actually have Celeste (trapped on Northeast beach) and Redd (Fake warrior statue, fake quaint painting, and I can't tell if wistful painting is real or not) so I want to give back for once.

Bunch of free DIYs to the left of the airport. Take whatever, shop whatever, do whatever. I have not see any stars yet.

I will be working so probably afk if you try to chat and will stay open for next 2.5 hours or so.

DoDo Code: Closed, thanks for stopping by!

Tongue-Tied fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Sep 29, 2020

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Tongue-Tied posted:

Caledonia is opening for first time ever! It is a mess and work in progress but I actually have Celeste (trapped on Northeast beach) and Redd (Fake warrior statue, fake quaint painting, and I can't tell if wistful painting is real or not) so I want to give back for once.

Bunch of free DIYs to the left of the airport. Take whatever, shop whatever, do whatever. I have not see any stars yet.

I will be working so probably afk if you try to chat and will stay open for next 2.5 hours or so.

DoDo Code: NDSPR

Comms error!

Tongue-Tied
Mar 10, 2007

Pillbug

Metaline posted:

Comms error!

Not sure what happened but saw my switch lite go black, edited my post for new code.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Celeste & Redd are in Quarantown tonight, come on by! Redd's got an authentic academic painting and the rest are fakes

closed!

Edit: not a meteor shower but plenty of shooting stars so far

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 29, 2020

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Hobo Clown posted:

Celeste & Redd are in Quarantown tonight, come on by! Redd's got an authentic academic painting and the rest are fakes

Code is in the other thread

Edit: not a meteor shower but plenty of shooting stars so far

Woo, thanks for the authentic painting!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Woo, thanks for the authentic painting!

You're welcome! That's the third time he's brought that to me so I'm happy to share it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I've got Hans in boxes today, first come first serve for anyone who wants their very own abominable snowman. Also got a zillion crafting recipes cluttering up my entryway, please take as many as you please and do what you want with em. Not sure who else is wandering around the island, will check that out later.

Closed now, thanks for coming.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Sep 29, 2020

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Reminder, today is Sprocket's moving day!

https://twitter.com/Silver_FalconSA/status/1310751120919130112?s=20

He's a rad robo ostrich bro. Discord is the easiest way to get a hold of me if you have room for this strong lad on your island. (Same name as here.)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Man, I really want both Hans and Sprocket, but I just moved two new villagers in and I'm out of room. :smith:

On the plus side, it turns out Doc loves fancy party dresses, so now that's all he gets.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

:toot: Today is Marshal's birthday! :toot:

Stop by Carcosa and say hello to the special squirrel!

Able's has :ninja: masks, and camo skirts.

Nook's has turnips at 126.

Dom has cute names for his abs!

Come on by in the next hour or so, and help yourself to all the free goodies! Carcosa awaits!

N8MJR

Thanks for visiting!

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Sep 29, 2020

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Label was on my island yesterday and only sent me 1 tailors ticket today. Did I gently caress up her style challenge or something?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Success! Kidd is finally moving out! I will have him in boxes tomorrow in case anyone is interested in a smug purple goat.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Redd is docked at Fiorina with some lovely fake arts today!
-Fake serene painting
-Warm painting (gone)
-Fake wistful painting
-Fake scenic painting

He also has a yellow handcart and a brown pro tape recorder for those not artistically inclined people.

Everything in Nook’s is up for grabs:
-Speed bag
-Blue gas range
-Blue LCDTV 50 inch
-Unlimited white sturdy sewing boxes
-Unlimited silver pop-up toasters

There are various flower plots scattered around the island full of thirsty flowers if you’ve got the time to do some waterin’. I also love getting notes n drawings n poo poo on the bulletin board. Feel free to hang out, read in the outdoor book nook, relax in the Jon Hanna Memorial Garden, bother my neighbours, explore my house (which I’m inordinately proud of at the moment), take some of the free DIYs at the entrance. I’ll be AFK doing some wedding planning poo poo but I’ll be around often.

Bring an umbrella though; it’s goin rain.

Dodo: Closed

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 29, 2020

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
I still can't believe there's really no way to move items on top of furniture when you're outside

I'd *love* to put something in the center of my tea table, but I literally can't

seventimessix
Jul 18, 2011
Hello friends, I want to clean up my island to make room for some farms and I need your help! I have an entire corner of my island (right of the airport) covered in extra fossils, DIY recipes, clothes, and furniture. If you can read this I want you to come and take them. I'm going to sell anything that's left tonight, so don't be shy and take as many as you want. Anything you can find that you can pick up is free for the taking. I don't need anything in return, just getting some of these extras to people that want them will make me happy. I'll be mostly afk but keeping the Switch from going to sleep. I'll try to keep my island open for about 4 hours to give everyone a chance to grab free stuff.
Dodo code is LHC31.

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love
Edit: thank you!

Pump Jockey fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 29, 2020

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Early spike in turnips on Mau-Mau this week as they're currently going for 451! I'll be AFK, but checking in for connection errors and the like. The gate should be open until 10pm EST. Don't worry about tips or anything. Take what you want from the giveaway area. And thanks for visiting!

Dodo Code: in the PGS thread

Saharah is visiting and trapped behind Mitzi's house right now. Don't remember what they have. Sorry!

Nooks
Old sewing machine (2,200), Desktop computer (black; 100,000)
Paper tiger, revolving spice rack
Hot items are an old-fashioned washtub and a classic pitcher

Able sisters
Suit of lights, football shirt, tee-parka combo, sleeved apron, corte skirt, loose fall dress, wrestling mask

Giveaway Area
Train set (spring), Throwback race-car bed (yellow), harp, serving cart (brown), Tankless toilet (ivory), pyramid tile, cityscape wall, cafe-curtain wall, yellow checked rug, tiny library DIY, diner chair (pink), tropical rug, popcorn machine (blue)

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

It took a couple shovels to tear up the area for it, but today, I built a little forest garden sitting area!

Really quite glad that I stockpiled a good 50+ blossoms back in april, sometimes you just need to make cool lamps

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The Clowning posted:

Lionel is the only smug villager I've ever had (he was my first campsite villager) and I really like him. He's always calling me his bestie.

IMO smugs are better than snooties. I feel like Ankha is always condescending to me. And my normals flip out when she compliments them. You don't need Ankha's approval, Chevre, you're perfect just the way you are!

I had Lionel in New Leaf. He wrote me a lot of letters saying he had dreams about me and wished we could live together. He also showed up outside my house yelling for me, and when I ignored him hoping he would go away he broke in.

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
Fall Update drops at 9pm ET. I AM READY

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

IkeTurner posted:

Fall Update drops at 9pm ET. I AM READY

Came here to say server maintenance at 8:55 so update at 9 ET

HELL YEAH my pumpkin patch is ready

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm ready to pump some kin

e: wait

LODGE NORTH fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 30, 2020

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It’s 9:03 WHERES THE UPDATE NINTENDO

EDIT: IT’S HAPPENING

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 30, 2020

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

PONKINS

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

wait, can you get pompkuns already or are there a bunch of dastardly time travelers in this thread

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Time travel, bayBEE!

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
are the extra skins and sets available yet to those of you in October due to your temporal visitations into the future :ohdear:

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Yup, you buy them with Miles just like the extra hair styles and hair colours.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Remember how it almost seemed like a glitch with how you could re-order posters of ones you didn't scan in yourself if you did it via your catalogue's search function but they didn't show up anywhere else in the catalogue?

Well look all I'm saying is if you haven't updated yet and have posters in your catalogue you got from a touching party you should order them before updating.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

SilentChaz posted:

Early spike in turnips on Mau-Mau this week as they're currently going for 451! I'll be AFK, but checking in for connection errors and the like. The gate should be open until 10pm EST. Don't worry about tips or anything. Take what you want from the giveaway area. And thanks for visiting!

Dodo Code: in the PGS thread

Saharah is visiting and trapped behind Mitzi's house right now. Don't remember what they have. Sorry!

Nooks
Old sewing machine (2,200), Desktop computer (black; 100,000)
Paper tiger, revolving spice rack
Hot items are an old-fashioned washtub and a classic pitcher

Able sisters
Suit of lights, football shirt, tee-parka combo, sleeved apron, corte skirt, loose fall dress, wrestling mask

Giveaway Area
Train set (spring), Throwback race-car bed (yellow), harp, serving cart (brown), Tankless toilet (ivory), pyramid tile, cityscape wall, cafe-curtain wall, yellow checked rug, tiny library DIY, diner chair (pink), tropical rug, popcorn machine (blue)

As a new player, thank you very much. I'm able to afford my house upgrades now. :love:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I'm so hilariously late to the party, I only got this game a week and a half ago but I'm completely obsessed.

My current villagers are Mac, Diva, Flurry, Bianca, Drago and Klaus (he's still in the campsite, his house is being built).

Waiting for spooky times, I'm not brave enough to time travel yet.

What's the raccoon goons tag a lot of people have? It's going to take me, uh, a while to read all 900+ pages of this thread.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
lol they give you that ring fit thingy in the mail

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

track day bro! posted:

lol they give you that ring fit thingy in the mail

Time to decorate some cobwebs around it, just like my actual ring fit.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Question about the custom designs in ables, how do you change them to other stuff. I'm sure I've seen them on other peoples islands where they've got designs that they've downloaded from the portal? Or does that person have to visit and put the design in the shop, boo if so

Like I've got one that I did myself but that seems like the only option unless I'm missing something?

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
I’m confused. I downloaded the update and it installed. Read online that it is active but I’m not seeing any changes? Is it not actually live yet? Seeing conflicting things out there (surprise).

Edit - doesn’t officially turn on until tomorrow I guess.

yippeekiyaymf fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

yippeekiyaymf posted:

I’m confused. I downloaded the update and it installed. Read online that it is active but I’m not seeing any changes? Is it not actually live yet? Seeing conflicting things out there (surprise).

Leif can sell pumpkin starts all year around, but Nooklings sell them in October. Everything else is Halloween (but runs for all of October, IIRC.)