Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

chippocrates posted:

...time works the same way?

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Fishbus posted:

I've found what was causing this, and it makes no sense. It'll be fixed next version.
So, for now, no saddles or ranged weapons available from stores with your mod? I'm just getting your mod for the first time.

Seems like it'll be fine. I can go kill some Khuzuit or whatever for their poo poo.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Sep 25, 2020

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

Ravenfood posted:

So, for now, no saddles or ranged weapons available from stores with your mod? I'm just getting your mod for the first time.

Seems like it'll be fine. I can go kill some Khuzuit or whatever for their poo poo.

Yeah, they won't be generated in stores, however, you can still pick up stuff from battles.

I'll update and fix this weekend. I don't have any plans of new features or value tweaks, so It'll just be that fix.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
So, my band of Vlandians is about fifty-strong, most with horses, and we can take on enemy caravans and bandits without too much trouble. Clan is tier 2, and in a mercenary contract with some noble, can't remember who.

How do I go from here to owning towns and all that stuff? Do I need to rescind my mercenary contract or something?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Gort posted:

So, my band of Vlandians is about fifty-strong, most with horses, and we can take on enemy caravans and bandits without too much trouble. Clan is tier 2, and in a mercenary contract with some noble, can't remember who.

How do I go from here to owning towns and all that stuff? Do I need to rescind my mercenary contract or something?
At t2, you should be able to join up with a faction. Go talk to the faction leader (any noble will be able to tell you who it is) and swear fealty. You'll get put into the running for a castle or town soon enough. Basically it makes you a noble of the realm instead of just a mercenary. You won't get the mercenary income, but you do get some other benefits.

Do any of the crafted two-handed axes actually get the cleave effect that the executioner's axe does? As is I'm just smithing up a fuckton of two-handed swords and selling them for profit while trying to learn how to make a javelin. Or a bardiche or something.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Sep 28, 2020

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Ravenfood posted:

At t2, you should be able to join up with a faction. Go talk to the faction leader (any noble will be able to tell you who it is) and swear fealty. You'll get put into the running for a castle or town soon enough. Basically it makes you a noble of the realm instead of just a mercenary. You won't get the mercenary income, but you do get some other benefits.

Do any of the crafted two-handed axes actually get the cleave effect that the executioner's axe does? As is I'm just smithing up a fuckton of two-handed swords and selling them for profit while trying to learn how to make a javelin. Or a bardiche or something.

just use a mod that adds cleave to whatever, i have it set for all two-handed weapons (glaives included)

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

havent played since launch. have they fixed skills yet so that they all actually work?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

punishedkissinger posted:

havent played since launch. have they fixed skills yet so that they all actually work?

https://www.bannerlordperks.com/perk;skill=leadership;perk=gratitude

TLDR: No-ish

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

thats very saddening :(

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

They've basically been fixing/reworking one perk tree each update which is good.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the patch notes for today's patch said they finished bow and crossbow perks now

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

Well poo poo, hopefully my current game keeps working with the patch. How has patch changes with already existing skill choices?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

Well poo poo, hopefully my current game keeps working with the patch. How has patch changes with already existing skill choices?

no idea, i've never tried it. if it doesnt let you pick from all the new ones up to your skill level then i believe there's a console command to give your character a specific perk though and there are definitely respec mods.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
"For Glory!" I scream as I run down a bunch of fleeing villagers

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

LegoMan posted:

"For Glory!" I scream as I run down a bunch of fleeing villagers

Routers should probably drop their weapons and shields to make you feel a tiny bit bad about this

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shear Modulus posted:

Oh poo poo really? I need to try out my crossbow later.

concise
Aug 31, 2004

Ain't much to do
'round here.

If you’re impatient, the community patch has fixed a bunch of stuff:

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/186

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Enjoy posted:

Routers should probably drop their weapons and shields to make you feel a tiny bit bad about this

... that's a great idea.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Enjoy posted:

this is my Mountain playthrough. I'm burning every village that doesn't belong to my leader (Rhagaea) and executing everyone who falls to me in battle (except mercenaries)

dropping your weapons and shields won't slow me down

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
(executing was literally the only way I could push back against the entire world against the Southern Empire. They had us down to one city (mine) with constant armies of 500+)

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Does executing enemies actually hurt their war effort?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Fewer lords who can instantly respawn with 30+ troops and magically charge back up to 100+ in a few days. Caveat - I haven't played in 4ish patches, but I assume that this hasn't changed much.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It does make a difference, I even outright destroyed a faction once when I experimented with executing, but you basically have to commit genocide before it really becomes noticeable. I wouldn't bother, you'll tank your relations with half the world, and it's going to be a slog either way. Just sue for peace.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

It absolutely did. Before I started I literally couldn't kill their stacks fast enough they'd respawn and be back in days (this was after spending some time in my dungeon). My faction was completely on the ropes and there was no option for peace so I started lopping heads. A lot of the world hates me but I don't care because my faction now owns about 40% of the map and I can raise relations over time.

Also killing a faction leader just makes them respawn and get re-voted to leadership instantly.

Carillon
May 9, 2014

Is there any point to siege engines right now? It's weird you can only build 1 at a time, they get ganked by all 4 at once and then by the time you can rebuild the next one the damage you've done seems to get repaired.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
What is the best way to build up Leadership early on? I really want that disiplinarian perk.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Carillon posted:

Is there any point to siege engines right now? It's weird you can only build 1 at a time, they get ganked by all 4 at once and then by the time you can rebuild the next one the damage you've done seems to get repaired.
With enough Engineering you build them fast enough to outpace their building but you have to keep queuing up more every time yours die. Also I always make sure I have another army with mine because being alone it seems their siege weapons kill off my army fast. Eventually your trebuchets will be the ones ganking their siege and you can slowly pick at the walls.

Bedshaped posted:

What is the best way to build up Leadership early on? I really want that disiplinarian perk.
Just having armies with you raises it fast. Don't even have to do anything, just walk around.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I still need to reach a tier 2 clan for that, dammit.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Bedshaped posted:

I still need to reach a tier 2 clan for that, dammit.

go around slaughtering looters you'll hit 2 in no time.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Bedshaped posted:

Pick all the leadership options during character creation. I always do this.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Carillon posted:

You can pause and immediately put the siege engine in reserve and keep one of each type in reserve so eventually you can get your own four out to put them in the same spot but it's tedious.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

LegoMan posted:

With enough Engineering you build them fast enough to outpace their building but you have to keep queuing up more every time yours die. Also I always make sure I have another army with mine because being alone it seems their siege weapons kill off my army fast. Eventually your trebuchets will be the ones ganking their siege and you can slowly pick at the walls.
Just having armies with you raises it fast. Don't even have to do anything, just walk around.

You don't need any engineering skill at all - and take down the walls faster and with fewer casualties if you put all your trebuchets into reserve as you build them until you have four ready to go and put them out all at once.

Edit: Beaten by Panzreh, although I'd like to note there's no point in bothering with anything besides trebuchets.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I found that if you start with building a ton of ballistas, they build fast enough that as long as the enemy doesn't start with like two or three siege weapons you can pick off their siege weapons so you can build a trebuchet in peace.

even doing that it still feels mostly pointless because the whole siege map phase moves so much slower than every town or castle seems to run out of food. like garrisons consistently starve down to less than 100 guys before you can knock down any walls. seems like they should turn off or ratchet down the "prosperity" consumption of food and production of money while you're under siege

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Sep 30, 2020

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Have they improved the AI to the point where you might actually be involved in a defensive siege?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Flavius Aetass posted:

Have they improved the AI to the point where you might actually be involved in a defensive siege?

there was a patch a while ago where they said they rejiggered the map AI to be less eager to change their siege targets. earlier they would decide to siege a different settlement as soon as you reinforced their current siege target but now they said the AI will be more reluctant to abandon the siege

i haven't tried it myself, i haven't played for a few months and have just been keeping up with the patch notes

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
What changes the rate you can convert prisoners? I went around raiding s bunch of steppe bandit hideouts and now I've got about 30 people I'd love to convert to Khan guards eventually but it's so slow.

There isn't any t6 infantry is there? I'm hoping to basically roll with a personal entourage of Fians, Khan Guards, and Vlandian knights while my brother brings a mostly infantry force. The non-elite troops I'm using now are a mix of (ideally) oathsworn and Wildlings but I'd love to try some other line troops too.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Bedshaped posted:

I love the bannerlordperks.com website description for this, which is supposed to be a very technical database displaying which perks currently work:

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Lol that's pretty funny.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

I haven't played this game since late June and I'm kinda getting a craving for it again, now that I'm done school and working. Have they added much? Is smithing still hilariously broken? How is diplomacy and character interaction, did they add stuff to make running a kingdom more dynamic and poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

idk about dynamic but it’s definitely poo poo