Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Huh, odd. Both Tazo and Opal are very good eaters. The worst that'll happen is a couple of bits of kibble will come out of their bowls, as they rapidly run their snoots/tongues around the bowl to hoover-up the last traces of food.
(Although Taz DOES prefer having a little water added to his food. That's just because he doesn't seem to like eating much kibble dry though, so it's just his personal preference rather than to prevent sucking down food too quickly or anything)

EDIT: oops, new page, new photo. Them's the rules.

Here's Opal and Tazo, all tuckered out after playing with toys on the rug. Taz is definitely getting used to having her around, that's for sure! :3:

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Sep 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

opal's brindling is very pretty imo

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Do greyhounds do the teeth chattering thing when they get excited?

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

opal's brindling is very pretty imo
:same:

BigDave posted:

Do greyhounds do the teeth chattering thing when they get excited?

Yup. Excited, happy, or just jazzed about something

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I have a sense Abby is struggling more the last week but I'm not sure.

the last two days while we went down some stairs, which we do multiple times a day, she sort of tripped and "fell" down the stairs, but not really because I still had her on leash. But the second time she walked around kind of funny for a while, had trouble lying down, and her tail was sticking straight out. After a little while she seemed fine.

Also the last 4-5 days, she has been panting after getting on her bed (well, the time she gets on her bed when I go to sleep!). This usually indicates she needs to go out, but it's happened even when she just did all her business. She's always panted more than most other greyhounds after a walk or some other excitement, but this is kind of unusual given the time during which she's doing it.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

actionjackson posted:

I have a sense Abby is struggling more the last week but I'm not sure.

the last two days while we went down some stairs, which we do multiple times a day, she sort of tripped and "fell" down the stairs, but not really because I still had her on leash. But the second time she walked around kind of funny for a while, had trouble lying down, and her tail was sticking straight out. After a little while she seemed fine.

Also the last 4-5 days, she has been panting after getting on her bed (well, the time she gets on her bed when I go to sleep!). This usually indicates she needs to go out, but it's happened even when she just did all her business. She's always panted more than most other greyhounds after a walk or some other excitement, but this is kind of unusual given the time during which she's doing it.

Best wishes for your long doggo, I hope Abby has just been having an off day :(

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Abby :( sending all my good wishes her way and yours

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

thanks!

oh god i opened the cupboard and she got startled by something and ran into it poor dog

she's ok wasn't anything major

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

actionjackson posted:

thanks!

oh god i opened the cupboard and she got startled by something and ran into it poor dog

she's ok wasn't anything major

Hounds :kimchi:

Sparty startled himself with his own farts and has been yelling his fool head off because I didn't feed him enough (he gets fed way too much already)

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

I posted a few days ago about one of our hounds not doing well and not eating, and was worried he wasn't gonna make it much longer.

Turns out he spontaneously developed a celiac-like reaction to the protein in his food so now we have to use super special hydrolyzed protein and make his food from scratch. He's eating fine and has gained some weight back, and the vet says he's super healthy otherwise. Dumb dog making us all worried about him :argh:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
How do you make dog food? Is it like a slurry or something you mix with water?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Lemon is now bigger than the local whippet and faster than my other dog for a good 15-20 seconds.

Yesterday she got pet by a 9 months old and kicked her and I was very proud!

Still hasn’t figured out how to jump on a couch.

She doesn’t bark but she whines a lot. She’s super sensitive to the point where she’ll scream like a banshee in her sleep then go back.

I haven’t been taking as good videos because it’s been raining a lot, but I’ll throw up some pics of the dog in the near future!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Veskit posted:

Lemon is now bigger than the local whippet and faster than my other dog for a good 15-20 seconds.

Yesterday she got pet by a 9 months old and kicked her and I was very proud!

Still hasn’t figured out how to jump on a couch.

She doesn’t bark but she whines a lot. She’s super sensitive to the point where she’ll scream like a banshee in her sleep then go back.

I haven’t been taking as good videos because it’s been raining a lot, but I’ll throw up some pics of the dog in the near future!
pictures didn’t load fyi

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

pictures didn’t load fyi

Lemon photos when

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Seat Safety Switch posted:

How do you make dog food? Is it like a slurry or something you mix with water?

Yeah, basically. We toss some other stuff in there like pumpkin etc to bulk it out

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Her favorite thing to do on walks is toward the end grab whatever stick or leaf is on the ground and walk the rest of the way with it. This is her best insult the comic dog impression

Her being around the house

I have so many weird sleeping pics but this is her new favorite incline sleep

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Oh my god :swoon: she still looks really puppyish

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
I love her

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Also she’s faster for sure but more importantly she’s getting more agile. We’re having less incidents for sure.

https://imgur.com/DWuAW6p.mp4

Also just caught her Being a nerd

Veskit fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 30, 2020

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

fall dog

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
Photo dump

Bub onna beach

Bonus kitten

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGJ5GSmhPiQ/

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

I've had people in the park laugh at me when Gello decides to lie down instead of walking. It's amazing how immovable a passively resisting greyhound can be.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

we used to talk a lot about Bonnie’s civil disobedience, it’s a really apt term for when a hound just doesn’t want to do thing

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

We call it pulling a Ghandi. I may prefer 'civil disobedience'.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
What do you do when that happens? Wait them out? Try to carry them?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

david_a posted:

What do you do when that happens? Wait them out? Try to carry them?
trick them by going a slightly different direction and then looping around

they might be stubborn but at least they're also not very bright

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

trick them by going a slightly different direction and then looping around

they might be stubborn but at least they're also not very bright

Lol

Thankfully sparty is great on a lead and game for anything, but if he overheats he does a temporary shut down like that

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

She has Sanji ears now and it’s adorable. I don’t know how this came about but it’s a regular thing now!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

omg

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

I am here for this kind of content

Hopefully you guys like this kind of stuff too:

He dragged the cat bed onto his dog bed and then laid down in it. I guess his wasn't soft enough? :shrug:

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

I love all the greyhounds all the time.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Radiation Cow posted:

I love all the greyhounds all the time.
:same:

im real conflicted about when to get a new dog. i had always thought i would try to make the most of between-dog times by travelling more etc etc but who the gently caress knows if or when that will be a thing again. it’s still too soon for me right now for sure but man i really miss the unpredictable fun a pet injects into life

NomNomNom
Jul 20, 2008
Please Work Out
Good morning

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?
Barley says hi:

Derp

NomNomNom
Jul 20, 2008
Please Work Out
Watson is moping hard as the Mrs is away for few days for work. It's his first time having one of us away for a night and he's taking it hard. So far has spent 12 hours straight in his crate, had to be bribed and dragged outside to eliminate and then immediately wanted to come inside.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

I love all these previous dumdum dogs

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Gello may be part crocodile

We also think that Boudicca has separation anxiety. We left the dogs alone at home for half a week and hour and came back to a peed-on futon and completely wrecked garbage-strewn kitchen.

The guilty party doesn't feel guilty at all.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

skoolmunkee posted:

I love all these previous dumdum dogs

They are amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

made an Abby video plz enjoy

https://twitter.com/fuck_it_all___/status/1317227791499382784