Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Endorph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoZ0Zwab6Oc

this is just legitimately incredible animation. the direction is great too. please let rie matsumoto direct an actual show again instead of a commercial.
Man, I remember pokemon special, I read a bunch of it as a kid and found out it was this massive sprawling series like 5 years ago, it's a surprisingly great series. Would love it if they adapted that into an anime instead of Ash the Ageless Wonder.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I want a slice of life following normal people in the Pokemon world. There's so much they could do with just that.
I really liked the pokemon manga that came out alongside adventures way back in the 90s (?), while it turned out to be way skeevier than I realized at the time, I thought the idea of a world largely controlled by nature, with pockets of humanity that occasionally go out and interact with it, was far more fascinating than what we got. Like the mountain-sized tree that was born from a venusaur, or how professor oak was a wandering explorer instead of just a dude in a lab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I want Rica Matsumoto to be free from the Pokemon franchise so she can go back to Jam Project

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Captain Invictus posted:

Man, I remember pokemon special, I read a bunch of it as a kid and found out it was this massive sprawling series like 5 years ago, it's a surprisingly great series. Would love it if they adapted that into an anime instead of Ash the Ageless Wonder.

I really liked the pokemon manga that came out alongside adventures way back in the 90s (?), while it turned out to be way skeevier than I realized at the time, I thought the idea of a world largely controlled by nature, with pockets of humanity that occasionally go out and interact with it, was far more fascinating than what we got. Like the mountain-sized tree that was born from a venusaur, or how professor oak was a wandering explorer instead of just a dude in a lab.

The setting as I see it strikes a very good balance between modern cities, more rustic towns, and nature. They could tap into all of that and do SO MUCH.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Captain Cappy posted:

I want a Pokemon MMO.

I just want to be happy.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Stairmaster posted:

I just want to be happy.
:mood:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Stairmaster posted:

I just want to be happy.

Me too. Unfortunately, Yashahime won't allow me to be happy, knowing that those girls don't get to grow up with their families.

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Sep 29, 2020

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Captain Cappy posted:

I want a Pokemon MMO.

I kinda thought pokemkn go was an mmo

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Stairmaster posted:

I just want to be happy.

:ohdear:

stay safe stairmaster

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

starbucks hermit posted:

I kinda thought pokemkn go was an mmo

I want a good Pokemon MMO.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Not feeling the video(or the song.) The direction is much too spastic,you get maybe a millisecond each to actually look at any of the pokemon themselves. All the visual energy goes toward highlighting the human trainer characters I give gently caress all about.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

pokemon has good human designs imo

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Isn't the new Pokemon Masters game focused specifically on the human characters?

What's the loving point

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

get this

people like them

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Willo567 posted:

They seriously just need to end the current Pokemon anime, and either come up with something more engaging, or just adapt Pokemon Special (preferably the latter).

Why, it's perfectly successful with pushing engagement with the kids, does it matter that 30 year olds don't watch it anymore

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

if you think about it, the very first word of the pokemon op is "I"

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

El Burbo posted:

get this

people like them

Yeah the whole reason I play nowadays is because of the characters

Snorunt is already the pinnacle of Pokemon design

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Pootybutt posted:

Not feeling the video(or the song.) The direction is much too spastic,you get maybe a millisecond each to actually look at any of the pokemon themselves. All the visual energy goes toward highlighting the human trainer characters I give gently caress all about.

it has a very consistent energy and direction, almost none of the action in the video is difficult to follow and all of it expresses the characters in the very short amount of time it has to present them all. it's a story about the trainers rather than the pokemon, the trainers are one of the most popular aspects of the series and half of all other animated pokemon media is already based around cool pokemon fight animation, what reason is there for them to split the focus even harder in a music video that's less than three minutes long

like even if you don't personally care about the human characters in pokemon there's, an insane flood of fanworks centering purely around the trainers every time a new pokemon game comes out

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 29, 2020

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

like, ya don't gotta defend it to me, I just didn't feel it, tho I do love the touch of animating pikachu like a grubby lil rat. If nothing else, the mv will contribute plenty of slick-looking gifs for twitter and tumblr.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im the fat pikachu

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Poor Faris, even in her ending she has it a bit rough. :(

I think some of the early parts could stand to be less verbose but I've definitely really gotten into s;g now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pootybutt posted:

the intent of the video is not to show off the pokemon. this should be obvious.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also Kurisu's steadily more depressed "Hello?" when Okabe calls her three times in a row made me laugh.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Pootybutt posted:

the game exists for people who want to gently caress sabrina(natsume) and elsea(kamitsure)

hope this helps

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stairmaster posted:

the game exists for people who want to gently caress sabrina(natsume) and elsea(kamitsure)

hope this helps

what about nessa

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Endorph posted:

what about nessa

Galar trainers aren’t in Masters (yet at least)

Seriously though, it’s a harmless kids game with some decent character bits and a fun battle system (also what few gacha elements that are in the game barely matter as pretty much everything can be bought using currency obtained during the game itself).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 29, 2020

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm shocked Bones hasn't had Rie direct a season of My Hero yet, especially given the fact that the manga is a fan of Precure

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

It was always Archie and Matt I was lookin at

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
putting the pixiv app back on my phone after like a year and im thinking of all the thousands of pictures i missed during that time :negative::cry:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm shocked Bones hasn't had Rie direct a season of My Hero yet, especially given the fact that the manga is a fan of Precure

she did storyboarding on one episode, but i wouldn't want her directing a whole season because it would be the most boring pick for her style. there's nothing i'd want less than a rie matsumoto anime that's literally just her working off someone else's shounen script

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 29, 2020

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm shocked Bones hasn't had Rie direct a season...yet

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
All I know about the new pokemon trainers/champions is that one uses juicy shorts and a cape and I respect that a whole bunch.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Random insane crackpot theory: the new Yashahime show is a prequel to Gundam Wing, where after a devesating war with Yokai, mankind colonizes space.

Here's my proof

https://twitter.com/hanyo_yashahime/status/1311236845829750784

The name of the school the MC attends is the same as the school Heero and the gang goes to in Gundam Wing.

Furthermore, the uniform Towa wears is similar to the one Heero wears, albeit a different color.

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 30, 2020

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I spent the last several days playing 13 Sentinels instead of catching up with this thread and it's loving fantastic.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's so good, the music is amazing

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Droyer posted:

I spent the last several days playing 13 Sentinels instead of catching up with this thread and it's loving fantastic.

So what's the gameplay like

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Willo567 posted:

So what's the gameplay like

It's a tower defense

but there's railguns

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The combat stages are RTS with pausing when selecting/executing actions. It's also tower defense but by and large there's not much threat of total failure on normal. The one stage that annoyed me was just one where I actually lost a unit and missed the bonus objective, and then I just dropped the difficulty and steamrolled it on a replay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I have no idea what this is, but :mood: