Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I'm convinced the Dodgers are getting bounced by the Brewers tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

fast cars loose anus posted:

The Twins had home field advantage (such as it is right now but they didn't have to travel) against a sub-.500 team and didn't win a game. What format tweaks can you possibly want?
1) a sub-.500 team should NEVER be in the postseason
2) a 3 game series is an even more ludicrous crapshoot than a 5 or 7 game one, if they're going to have such an expanded field and short series, they need to give the higher seeds (or at least division winners) a 1 game lead to start the series or something

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Nats were still under .500 after 60 last year and such

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Johnny Bravo posted:

Nah, first round is actual home field advantage in home ballparks

Yeah but I mean if they're staying in hotels and not keeping their routine and maybe not being with family or the people they're close with then we're basically talking a more comfortable clubhouse and more used to the field dimensions. I dunno. I tend to think home field advantage is kind of overrated in and of itself but it seems diminished for whatever psychological affect it has.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The expanded playoffs is fine for this year imho

It’s should have been all Teams in a huge round robin but whatever

The problem is they are using to next year

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
thank you umpires

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

euphronius posted:

The expanded playoffs is fine for this year imho

It’s should have been all Teams in a huge round robin but whatever

The problem is they are using to next year

i don't really disagree but knowing they want to keep it puts me in a bad enough mood that I'm gonna start whining now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dutchy posted:

i don't really disagree but knowing they want to keep it puts me in a bad enough mood that I'm gonna start whining now.

Yeah understandable

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The Rays and Marlins are the teams of destiny so nothing else really matters to me unless Cleveland turns it around, in which case this year was incredibly real and legitimate.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Major League Baseball 2029: each game shall begin tied 3-3 in the 10th inning. EVERY DAY IS AN EXTRA INNING THRILLER!

You'll know it's the 10th inning because the bases start out loaded.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/AdamSpolane/status/1311424379952263169

I'm gonna say that you're a cheating piece of poo poo.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Let's Go The Marlins Bitch

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSpolane/status/1311424379952263169

I'm gonna say that you're a cheating piece of poo poo.
This thing where Correa and the Astros pretend like they have no idea why everyone hates them is getting real old. They seem to have convinced themselves they did nothing wrong, and therefor everyone just hates them for being good.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
The entire lesson of this period of history, especially if you’re just an utter shithead, is that just plowing ahead and embracing shitheadedness is far more likely to be rewarded than any attempt, however insincere, at apologies or accountability.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

bawfuls posted:

This thing where Correa and the Astros pretend like they have no idea why everyone hates them is getting real old. They seem to have convinced themselves they did nothing wrong, and therefor everyone just hates them for being good.

They are also taking bows for finishing 2 games under 500 and winning 2 games against the Twins in the playoffs. Truly historic.

elentar posted:

The entire lesson of this period of history, especially if you’re just an utter shithead, is that just plowing ahead and embracing shitheadedness is far more likely to be rewarded than any attempt, however insincere, at apologies or accountability.

No one is ever going to impose accountability on themselves.............

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Major League Baseball 2029: each game shall begin tied 3-3 in the 10th inning. EVERY DAY IS AN EXTRA INNING THRILLER!

You'll know it's the 10th inning because the bases start out loaded.

Only one game is played per team per season. The World Series game is chosen by lottery ball. All other games are the playoffs. All games start at the same time on the same day. Three games are randomly interleague. The World Series game is not guaranteed interleague.

The Marlins have a 9-season World Series win streak by pure dumb luck.

Arnold Layne
Nov 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/CTowersCBS/status/1311421101524815872

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I have never been more disappointed in the Reds.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Even if the Braves drop the next two, and they probably will, I’m glad they didn’t lose the Trevor Bauer start.

https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/1311429053610680322?s=21

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If we're gonna celebrate bat flips then we have to let pitchers do cool poo poo when they dominate

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Not to be rude, but if such a thing as a benevolent God did exist, why would the Minnesota Twins be allowed to exist?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I've known god was malicious and spiteful at least since game 7 of the 2014 World Series

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Kirios posted:

If we're gonna celebrate bat flips then we have to let pitchers do cool poo poo when they dominate

Nah, pitchers are already giant egotistical babies. The batflips are a response to that.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

bawfuls posted:

I've known god was malicious and spiteful at least since game 7 of the 2014 World Series

what happened in game seven of the two thousand fourteen world series

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Baseball is proof of the Gnostic idea that God abandoned his creation and left it in the hands of capriciously cruel lesser entities

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Not to be rude, but if such a thing as a benevolent God did exist, why would the Minnesota Twins be allowed to exist?

Because despite abject failures in the postseason that they've been since 1991, and despite some of the worst seasons in the long history of baseball in the last decade, they are fun. I absolutely love the fact that we had weirdos like Bert Blyleven and Lew Ford and Max Kepler and Nick Punto. Genuinely good people like Harmon Killebrew and Joe Mauer and Jim Thome. Great players like Kirby Puckett (the man himself less great), Johan Santana, and Rod Carew. We have one of the best ballparks in the league, easily the best mascot (I will fight you), and some pretty drat good announcers. We are a drat fine, proud team.

We just can't win a GODDAMN SERIES in the POSTSEASON. We have some of greatest single games in the sport, one of the best-ever World Series. I don't get it. I just. I don't get it.

We'd be the Mariners if the Mariners weren't the Mariners.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

elentar posted:

Baseball is proof of the Gnostic idea that God abandoned his creation and left it in the hands of capriciously cruel lesser entities

TIL I’m Gnostic.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rickiep00h posted:

We just can't win a GODDAMN SERIESGAME in the POSTSEASON.

fixed

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/TuvesTongue/status/1311377361166831617?s=19

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Framber and Tucker both sorting their poo poo out is still the least likely thing that actually happened this season.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
The Braves have still lost more consecutive postseason series, but the Twins just somehow managed to be so transcendental that they don't even win a game during them to build hope.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Popete posted:

I'm convinced the Dodgers are getting bounced by the Brewers tomorrow.

As much as I want to see this happening, the Brewers are missing their ace Corbin Burnes and their 2nd best reliever Devin Williams. Also their hitting has been a trash fire this year.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Whooping Crabs posted:

As much as I want to see this happening, the Brewers are missing their ace Corbin Burnes and their 2nd best reliever Devin Williams. Also their hitting has been a trash fire this year.
so you're saying the Dodgers will lose Friday then?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

lol "stay mad" from the team's social media too

https://twitter.com/astros/status/1311449921820782593

leaning real heard into the heel thing i guess

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

bawfuls posted:

lol "stay mad" from the team's social media too

It’s funny that they were busted, faced minimal consequences, and continue to be aggrieved. What a bunch of loving babies.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

bawfuls posted:

lol that owns. I'm glad they're going full heel instead of the pretentious sanctimoniousness we get from the Yankees.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its weird because the answer to "What do you say now?" is clearly "That you're a below .500 team that snuck into the playoffs because of a stupid playoff system, got a higher seed because of a stupid playoff system, and then won a series in 2 games because of a stupid playoff system."

Then again assholes be assholes.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

MLB sent an email hawking these abominations today

budget option

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Now I'm genuinely tempted to buy a Mookie Betts Red Sox Funko Pop figure. I'm not sure why but for $4 I'm sure I can come up with something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

quote:

MLB C/V Playoffs: Welcome to the THUNDERDOME (gently caress The Astros)