Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

silicone thrills posted:

Biden having to drop out of the 2008 election right after calling Barack "so well spoken and clean" or something to that effect and the whole world going :thunk:

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy—I mean, that's a storybook, man."

i didn't remember this, but it was in the wiki article right underneath that quote:

"In an unusual move, Biden shared campaign planes with one of his rivals for the nomination, Senator Chris Dodd of Connecticut. Dodd and Biden were friends and seeking to save funds during somewhat long-shot efforts at the nomination."

e:

In the first contest on January 3, 2008, Biden placed fifth in the Iowa caucuses, garnering slightly less than one percent of the state delegates.[190] He withdrew from the race that evening, saying, "There is nothing sad about tonight. ... I feel no regret."

(earlier in the wiki article)

On August 27, 1966, while enrolled as a student at the Syracuse University College of Law, Biden married Neilia Hunter.....He told her he aimed to become a senator by the age of 30 and then president.

Alobar has issued a correction as of 12:09 on Sep 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Alobar posted:

"I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy—I mean, that's a storybook, man."

You’ve got to include the colloquial filler.

“I mean, you got the first, sorta, mainstream African‐American, who is articulate and bright and and and clean and nice‐looking guy—I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDNbC-MzzLw

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/836783151347302401?s=20

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
crap just remembered at the beginning of rona when trump printed up half a trillion to throw into the stock market and it disappeared in like 5 minutes

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeD8-SnLtwE

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Needs the terrible music video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r1ogibWCNKI

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Animal-Mother posted:

NASA hentai shirt guy.

i always felt really bad for that dude. it was supposed to be the best day of his life and it turned into a shitshow

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Remember that time the Democrats ran a candidate so centrist that even Trump himself couldn't lose to it

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

oh poo poo waddup

ikanreed posted:

Remember that time the Democrats ran a candidate so centrist that even Trump himself couldn't lose to it

lol which time?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It really is a photo for the history books

Assuming they're gonna still be printing those a generation from now

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

I wonder why they put 'Other' instead of just saying Sanders

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Spergin Morlock posted:

I wonder why they put 'Other' instead of just saying Sanders
they had one Tulsi voter

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1220392771737079808

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

moist turtleneck posted:

crap just remembered at the beginning of rona when trump printed up half a trillion to throw into the stock market and it disappeared in like 5 minutes

It was 2.5 trillion wasn't it

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

In Shooting War, it's 2011 and John McCain is President...

CNET article posted:

Back in 2006 it seemed unlikely that John McCain would earn the Republican nomination for President of the United States, but when journalist Anthony Lappeand artist Dan Goldman set out to create a near-future world for their graphic novel Shooting War they decided to imagine just what a McCain Presidency might look like in 2011 and their forecast is dark with more than a few scattered showers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdJjTRiW2Zw

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

lol that 2006 comic predicted the rise of both ISIS and VICE

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

Platystemon posted:

You’ve got to include the colloquial filler.

“I mean, you got the first, sorta, mainstream African‐American, who is articulate and bright and and and clean and nice‐looking guy—I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDNbC-MzzLw

this is effectively "remember that terrible thing you just remembered? yeah, it was worse."

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Aunt Becky went to prison because the bribes she made to get her kid into college weren't big enough

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Also she bribed the wrong way

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Imagine living in a country with an education and class system so lovely and broken you need to make bribes to make sure your kid can get into even a lovely public school

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Private Cumshoe posted:

Imagine living in a country with an education and class system so lovely and broken you need to make bribes to make sure your kid can get into even a lovely public school

if you think about it, arent taxes just bribing the govt to do the things???

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrEmQk3u88U

i'm sure ive posted this insanely cursed poo poo itt before but theres two details that never really hit me until now:

1) trump isn't mentioned once, lol

2)

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i was going to make fun of them thinking they can turn indiana blue, and i still am, but also i think that's obama's 08 map. lol if they thought they could replicate that

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

StashAugustine posted:

i was going to make fun of them thinking they can turn indiana blue, and i still am, but also i think that's obama's 08 map. lol if they thought they could replicate that

aw man. still the video is absolutely near the height of hubris

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Jesse Jackson offering free healthcare to the president

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHQRZsF2y30&t=83s

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Private Cumshoe posted:

usc is neither of those things

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
The sentence "I like not to eat the crust" is such a window into the mind of the average American. To actively enjoy not eating a part of the food that you've bought because it isn't as flavorful as the rest, or slightly harder to chew. Perhaps it is the thrill of seeing your rube friends ear the whole slice while you know you stopped at the peak, oh what a wise boy you are?

I think about it a lot. The Super Mario Bros movie had a running gag where Koopa ordered a pizza and it takes forever to arrive.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

El_Elegante posted:

usc is neither of those things

not a school?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Proust Malone posted:

not a school?

not a public one, at least, and rarely considered crappy

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
sure

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
usc is kind of a well-known film school

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

DoubleDonut posted:

Aunt Becky went to prison because the bribes she made to get her kid into college weren't big enough

also because she thought it wasnt serious enough to warrant jail time so she rejected the initial plea deal that was for a slap on the wrist

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a prestigious exclusive school for a major that is inordinately popular among wealthy failchildren. it'd be surprising if anyone got in without bribes.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

DoubleDonut posted:

Yeah, but I think she's just going to Club Fed instead of a real prison.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

christmas boots posted:

Yeah, but I think she's just going to Club Fed instead of a real prison.

Well obviously. Can't have the wealthy rubbing elbows with the hoi polloi

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Hoi Polloi sounds like a delicious Hawaiian chocolate bar, like something a fat kid would absolutely love

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Can't massive donations (bribes) to your idiot child's potential college be written off as a charitable donation or was I imagining that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Yeah but then everyone knows that the library in the western quad was a bribe for your failspawn's admittance.