Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Butter Hole posted:

I can't get poo poo for James Robinson so I'm thinking I'll just keep him.

Should I trade one of Helaire, Chubb, or Taylor for Michael Thomas?

All the trade value charts I can find have all three worth a decent bit more than Thomas, and I don't know when Thomas will come back from injury. But I'm having issues at WR with DJ Moore and Marquise Brown being my only starters, and I think the charts must be overvaluing RBs compared to my league so I have to take them with a grain of salt.

I'm thinking Taylor is the one I'd most like to part with. Chubb just looks so impressive and CEH is tied to the chiefs so I feel like his boom weeks are inevitable.

If it's PPR, getting Thomas for Chubb would be good, given the depth you've got. I'd probably hold off on CEH or Taylor, or on doing the deal at all if not PPR, and see how soon Thomas comes back and if he looks back to good. You should still be able to get him for a mid RB1 then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
If Thomas comes back and looks good, there is no way you are getting him for anything at all.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VietCampo posted:

If Thomas comes back and looks good, there is no way you are getting him for anything at all.

I don't really agree, but who knows. Saquon died, CMC partially dead, Mixon, Drake, Gurley, Gordon disappointing to varying degrees. That's a solid chunk of a league's RB1s and 2s that people will want to upgrade, and dude would be offering a "good mid RB1" that would at worst be drafted around Thomas, not some lowball garbage offer.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

sourdough posted:

If it's PPR, getting Thomas for Chubb would be good, given the depth you've got. I'd probably hold off on CEH or Taylor, or on doing the deal at all if not PPR, and see how soon Thomas comes back and if he looks back to good. You should still be able to get him for a mid RB1 then.

Yeah, it's .5, sorry forgot to mention it. Thanks man. I think I'll wait a few days and see if Thomas is gonna suit up, then float the trade. Tough matchup this week so I need points from that spot.

Shoutout though, I always look for the bread crab in this thread, always appreciate your take on things!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Butter Hole posted:

Yeah, it's .5, sorry forgot to mention it. Thanks man. I think I'll wait a few days and see if Thomas is gonna suit up, then float the trade. Tough matchup this week so I need points from that spot.

Shoutout though, I always look for the bread crab in this thread, always appreciate your take on things!

lol don't say that, they're all poo poo takes that blowup in my face. But at least they can blow up in your face too :cheers:

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I dropped Justin Jeffries after week 2 when it didn't seem like the vikings would ever score a touchdown again. he got snaked by someone on the waivers. that same person is still somehow ahead of me on the waiver wire and just acquired Darrel Henderson in a trade for marquise brown and Josh Kelley. im very annoyed.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Is the rush on Jefferson for his potential? I don’t see him as a guy you’d want to start except maybe as a flex

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Keith Atherton posted:

Is the rush on Jefferson for his potential? I don’t see him as a guy you’d want to start except maybe as a flex
He blew up last week, showing a lot of potential, and the Vikings D is not as good as prior years so the Vikings will most likely be throwing more than usual and the other WR options on the team other than Theilen are not great (edit: Rudolph is decent but not a world beater). I dropped Keelan Cole in the one league I managed to get him because he has more upside.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
The hope is that he turns into a lesser Stefon Diggs from last year. The Vikings only really use 2 wr sets. So if he is #2 he's on the field a lot.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Keith Atherton posted:

He's a rookie, it's reasonable to expect his role to grow

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

GIVE Phil Lindsay
GET CeeDee Lamb

I havent played Lindsay this season but I think im am okay for WRs?

me posted:

relevant team. 0.5 PPR
QB: M. Ryan
WR: M. Evans, T. Hill
RB: RoJo, MG3
TE: Higbee
FLEX: C. Kupp
BN: Malcolm Brown, J. Jones, S. Michel, C. Hyde, P. Lindsay, J. White (IR)

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

GIVE Phil Lindsay
GET CeeDee Lamb

mash immediately regardless of format

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
10 team league standard scoring

Play 2 RB’s and flex

My RB’s: Cook, CEH, Robinson, Henderson, RoJo, and Josh Kelly

My QB is Big Ben

Would you give up a RB for Deshaun Watson and if so which one? He wants CEH but I think that’s too much.

Or should I just roll with Big Ben?

Goff, Foles, Fitz, Minshew, and Carr are all FA’s available as well.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

GIVE Phil Lindsay
GET CeeDee Lamb

You probably don't need the WR help but Lindsay has been irrelevant this year. I'd probably take it.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

GIVE Phil Lindsay
GET CeeDee Lamb

Absolutely do it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Alfalfa posted:

Play 2 RB’s and flex

My QB is Big Ben

Would you give up a RB for Deshaun Watson and if so which one? He wants CEH but I think that’s too much.

I definitely would not. Watson is not looking like a massive upgrade from Ben this season. Definitely not a CEH-sized one.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Later in the season.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1311659111197573120?s=20

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Alfalfa posted:

Play 2 RB’s and flex

My QB is Big Ben

I would just roll with Big Ben. If you've got a free roster slot and you're unhappy with Big Ben you could like... gamble on Foles or something. Either way its not worth giving up anything from that amazing top 3 you have at RB for a slight improvement at QB.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Someone sent me a trade offer of his Juju Smith-Schuster and Jimmy Graham for my Travis Kelce, is there any reason to say anything other than "hahahahaha gently caress no"

I was joking earlier, but I really should be allowed to put the Steelers Defense on IR now.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Vargo posted:

I was joking earlier, but I really should be allowed to put the Steelers Defense on IR now.
My big league is IDP and I just had to move 3 players so I feel this

Also here’s hoping Ronald Jones can be Derrick Henry this weekend

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yeah this blows and I wish there something I could do other than cut two people to find panic replacements.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The league I posted about above thankfully has a “COVID IR” that’s essentially an unrestricted bucket. I don’t really need to use it this weekend, but if these trends continue... AYYYYY

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I have to replace Jonnu - Mo Alie-Cox and Jimmy Graham, who are 7th and 6th in TE scoring respectively in both of my leagues (one PPR one not) are available and I can't decide. I know Rivers and Big Dick Nick love their TEs so I am so toooooorn. I already have ARob in both leagues so I think I should go with MoAC so I'm not too invested in Foles staying healthy?

edit: I should have just kept Gesicki on my bench :argh: He's #4 in scoring in both my leagues :mad:

shyduck posted:

The league I posted about above thankfully has a “COVID IR” that’s essentially an unrestricted bucket. I don’t really need to use it this weekend, but if these trends continue... AYYYYY
Yeah we only got extra IR slots, but not free use so I've dropped Preston Williams :\

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Oct 1, 2020

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I need to drop one, 0.5ppr

De’Andre Swift, Antonio Gibson, Josh Kelley, Jeff Wilson

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

RCarr posted:

Jeff Wilson

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

You probably don't need the WR help but Lindsay has been irrelevant this year. I'd probably take it.

Lindsay has been hurt so not totally sure how he'll produce when healthy, but yeah I'd also take it

RCarr posted:

I'd dump Wilson. Mostert will be back imminently and Wilson is nothing more than a pure cuff.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I have to replace Jonnu - Mo Alie-Cox and Jimmy Graham, who are 7th and 6th in TE scoring respectively in both of my leagues (one PPR one not) are available and I can't decide. I know Rivers and Big Dick Nick love their TEs so I am so toooooorn. I already have ARob in both leagues so I think I should go with MoAC so I'm not too invested in Foles staying healthy?

edit: I should have just kept Gesicki on my bench :argh: He's #4 in scoring in both my leagues :mad:

Yeah we only got extra IR slots, but not free use so I've dropped Preston Williams :\

As much as I love Big Mo, I’d go Graham as Mo will he competing with Doyle for snaps and possibly Burton as well.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Cam Akers passed through waivers without anyone taking him, is he worth picking up? I'd be dropping Benny Snell for him.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The X-man cometh posted:

Cam Akers passed through waivers without anyone taking him, is he worth picking up? I'd be dropping Benny Snell for him.

Absolutely. Do that now.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Alfalfa posted:

As much as I love Big Mo, I’d go Graham as Mo will he competing with Doyle for snaps and possibly Burton as well.
Hrmm good to know, thank you. The blurb on ESPN said that Big Mo was the only TE to get targets from Rivers last week and it looks like he is taking over the #1 role, but what you said is what I was afraid of....

edit: If I swap to Graham I may have to rename my team to "Receiving from BDN"

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Thank you everyone for the insight. It's the decision I was leaning towards but it's just so much more stressful when it is your own team. I mashed.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Schultz
Hyde
RoJo
Brandin Cooks
Hurst
Gesicki
Jefferson
Crowder

Have to drop at least one of these so I can replace Big Ben and possibly another if Carson isn't ruled out. Which are droppable? 1ppr

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

freeman posted:

Schultz
Hyde
RoJo
Brandin Cooks
Hurst
Gesicki
Jefferson
Crowder

Have to drop at least one of these so I can replace Big Ben and possibly another if Carson isn't ruled out. Which are droppable? 1ppr
Well you definitely do not need 3 TE's.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

freeman posted:

Schultz
Hyde
RoJo
Brandin Cooks
Hurst
Gesicki
Jefferson
Crowder

Certainly one of the three TEs is your first bet.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah. I guess I have Hurst > Schultz ros, but really neither is super inspiring. Cut one for a QB. Then if Carson does play, you can always cut Hyde for some other speculative add.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Poque posted:

freeman posted:

Schultz
Hyde
RoJo
Brandin Cooks
Hurst
Gesicki
Jefferson
Crowder

Certainly one of the three TEs is your first bet.
Considering you have three TEs plus Hurst and Gesicki are top 8 TEs or better depending on formatting...

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Dropped Schultz.

Going to see if I can upgrade Ben into a slightly better QB.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Hrmm good to know, thank you. The blurb on ESPN said that Big Mo was the only TE to get targets from Rivers last week and it looks like he is taking over the #1 role, but what you said is what I was afraid of....

edit: If I swap to Graham I may have to rename my team to "Receiving from BDN"

From Rotoworld

quote:

Doyle actually ran 16 routes to Mo Alie-Cox's 8

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Devastated to learn i can't out Jonnu Smith on IR.

Drop Curtis Samel, Brandon Aiyuk or miles Gaskin for a dart throw TE rep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Alfalfa posted:

From Rotoworld
drat, extra confirmation, thank you sir!

OxySnake posted:

Devastated to learn i can't out Jonnu Smith on IR.

Drop Curtis Samel, Brandon Aiyuk or miles Gaskin for a dart throw TE rep?
Yeah I had the same problem. I think I would drop Samuel? Aiyuk is still a questionmark but might be great in that offense and Gaskin is only getting more reps as time goes on so I'd definitely keep him, especially if you need RB depth.