Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
:siren: UKMT Solidarity Fund Monthly Update - 1st October 2020 :siren:

This month due to popular request (okay one person asked in the Discord channel, and I happen to like spreadsheets) we have some new pretty charts and stats showing donations and payouts over the whole lifetime of the Fund!

Inspect the goodness in this Google Sheet, or just admire the graphs timg'd below -

Monthly donations and payouts:

Cumulative donations and payouts:

e: Stats for September only:

In other news, due to the quantity of donations we've been getting, we are currently having to throw a bunch of paperwork at PayPal to convince them that we are in fact a charity and not a business subject to tax and fees and suchlike. This shouldn't be a problem, just a bit of a currently ongoing headache. One way to resolve this would be to formally register as a charity with the Charities Commission, so we're looking into that too.

Thanks for donating, you lovely, lovely goons. You've helped a lot of people get through tricky times.

Constitution | Record of Activity

Donate:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/ukmtsolidarity - Please mark your donation as a gift, *not* as payment for services, as the latter incurs a charge!
Bank Transfer - PM IrvingWashington (aka Bill Drummond on Discord) for account details

Apply: 
Application Form
Email Us
PM: AceClown, Fargle (discord only), Maugrim, Oscar Diggs or Rarity.

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Oct 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Maugrim posted:

:siren: UKMT Solidarity Fund Monthly Update - 1st October 2020 :siren:

In other news, due to the quantity of donations we've been getting, we are currently having to throw a bunch of paperwork at PayPal to convince them that we are in fact a charity and not a business subject to tax and fees and suchlike. This shouldn't be a problem, just a bit of a currently ongoing headache. One way to resolve this would be to formally register as a charity with the Charities Commission, so we're looking into that too.

Thanks for donating, you lovely, lovely goons. You've helped a lot of people get through tricky times.

There is that other organisational set up - not quite a charity so less onerous to set up - but whose name I can never remember - would PayPal accept that? (If only I could remember what it is!)

I think it might be Community Interest Company (CIC):

https://www.vistra.com/insights/not-profit-organisations-5-alternatives-charities

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Oct 1, 2020

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Jose posted:

this is maybe the most embarrassing thing the media in the UK have ever done

https://twitter.com/talkRADIO/status/1311385312967483393?s=20

The fat fella on the left looks like a puppet that has a few moving parts.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Once in a while you bump into a phrase or a reference that immediately makes you aware that the person using them is an idiot. Bringing up 1984 or Animal Farm is a good example of this but "the intellectual capacity of a gnat" is something that stupid people to consider this an immensely powerful put down. And I say this as someone who is at best ambivalent about Owen Jones.

The state of Mike Graham too. The hairline, the mullet, the red face. He looks like hes sat on that chair holding onto his leg in that picture because hes concious that his "absolute unit" physique might fall off it. He probably sweats bacon grease.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

I am just going to leave this here for you all to enjoy...

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

There is that other organisational set up - not quite a charity so less onerous to set up - but whose name I can never remember - would PayPal accept that? (If only I could remember what it is!)

I think it might be Community Interest Company (CIC):

https://www.vistra.com/insights/not-profit-organisations-5-alternatives-charities

That does look promising, thanks - I think what PayPal want that we are missing is a business ID from companies house, so CIC would certainly cover it.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

FiftySeven posted:

I think this is a form of violence.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Miftan posted:

I can sympathize with trying to rub the tories' face in whatever you can, but I think consistency matters when you're trying to work out a moral code, even if it's just your own. I suppose 'me good them bad' is consistent, but it also works with the nazi code so I think it's poo poo. Your reasons for picking who you like and who you don't are different, but unless you're universalising those reasons, then your code of conduct sucks. And if you are universalising the reasons and not 'me good them bad' then it's a different code.

Sorry I could have probably phrased this better but to be honest with you I cba digging out philosophical terms for this stuff atm.

I mean I try to universalize it so yes I do operate on some sort of other moral code but I also cba articulating it so I just go with "me good them bad" because I know what I mean and the difference wouldn't be noticeable on most scales.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jose posted:

I didn't know that in addition to teenage gove and regular gove we also had fat gove.

Is the entire UK political landscape just made of errant clones of michael gove?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Is the entire UK political landscape just made of errant clones of michael gove?

OwlFancier posted:

I think it's a reasonable concern to worry about the possible effects of even one cell of michael gove making it to the surface of an alien world.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Do we edit the statue to have Gove's face or edit the apes to all have Gove's face?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Szmitten posted:

Do we edit the statue to have Gove's face or edit the apes to all have Gove's face?

Yes.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

FiftySeven posted:

Cool, at least 5 blood vessels in my brain have now burst

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Jose posted:

the best bit was complaining about right of centre people being called far right (strawman) then saying that Owen Jones is far left (he isn't) demonstrating the fallacy he accuses Jones of, then drawing equivalence between Jones and the far right i.e. Nazi's.

Owen Jones is a loving lightning rod for these pricks, in the same way that Corbyn was. Whatever you think of him at least he makes an effort

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

kingturnip posted:

He won't get fined unless Boris also fines his dad £200

It's not Boris that decides, but I'm sure doddery old father of the PM is probably less likely to be fined that Communist terrorist sympathiser Corbyn.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

forkboy84 posted:

Cool, at least 5 blood vessels in my brain have now burst
LᴀBᴏuR

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like the B with the little A inside it, very 12th century.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Jose posted:

I know that it's only a short clip and might not be indicative of the whole product* but I thought it was classy how the two men spoke over the woman and didn't let her get her comments about Northern Accents in as they were too thrilled by their "witty" insults of Owen Jones.

I'm sure that this admidetly right wing show is completely inclusive and the female contributors are given a safe space to voice their opinions.

*= At the same time, there is no way I'm going to track down a full episode of that dreck to give it a fair chance.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

I think it's true

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I, too, do a poo on occasion. Clearly Starmer is a man of the people who has been unfairly maligned ITT

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

What is 7210836? A central London local phone number?

Can someone give him a ring?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

knox_harrington posted:

Not enough digits, too many for (how most people write) non-020 numbers.

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.

Maugrim posted:

I, too, do a poo on occasion. Clearly Starmer is a man of the people who has been unfairly maligned ITT

If your poos are only occasional you may need to start eating more roughage.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

SpicePro posted:

If your poos are only occasional you may need to start eating more roughage.

...if they're not occasional but are instead constant there are problems other than diet going on.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Slightly different UKMT pod this time; after the whole Kpop meets Frances Tweetman we recorded a 30min chat with one of the BTS fan army people about the music, fandom, Tweetman, and Western (music) media attitudes to Kpop.

Probably won't become a regular thing as a format, but enjoy !

https://twitter.com/PraxisCast/status/1311638337803952128?s=20

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

knox_harrington posted:

http://maritime-connector.com/ship/pindar-7210836/

maybe whoever wrote that is an independent ship under maritime law :tinfoil:

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 1, 2020

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
https://www.balticshipping.com/vessel/imo/7210836

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Unsure if true but seems reasonable given that Graeber's partner is in the pic:

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1311713889571176448?s=20

E: It's still a breach of the rules because the rules say that wakes can have up to 30 people but has to observe social distancing between different households/bubbles.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

knox_harrington posted:

You know, that may be a really lovely attempt at a tag.
Even an idiot wouldn't post something that could catch him so easily like a phone number.
It looks like Rlobze or some poo poo.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

It's a Verrit code.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
7210836 is the International Maritime Organisation serial for the bulk carrier Pindar. The ship was built in Sunderland, which of course is somehow always the first to get its election results in, and was the first indicator that the Brexit vote was not going as planned. What do you call someone who has a disease? A carrier. So if something was being used to transport a *lot* of disease - say from a special bioweapons lab - would that be... a bulk carrier?. Pindar is also the name of another... bulk carrier... seen in Croatia in 1997, while NATO operations were still ongoing in the area, as were United Nations "peacekeeping" efforts. Now she goes by the name Melbourne Majesty, and *where* was the epicentre of the so-called Covid outbreak in Australia? Majesty is an obvious reference to the Majestic 12, of course, but PINDAR is the name of the secret bunker under the Ministry of Defence building in Whitehall which is the obvious location for the UK contribution to such an effort.

Obviously then this supposedly random graffiti is in fact a high-level psyop from the very top echelons of the controlled one-world govenrment!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

knox_harrington posted:

I ran it through the Zodiac killer cypher and it came out as "PISSFLAPS"

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

what's your ukmt reading setup? mines

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
It's that balanced on a shoe box? That's certainly the face I pull most of the time reading this thread.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

NotJustANumber99 posted:

It's that balanced on a shoe box? That's certainly the face I pull most of the time reading this thread.

Two books, one spine towards us, one facing to him.

AND NO MASK! OMG FRONT PAGE OF EVERY TABLOID FOR NEXT WEEK

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

SHEEPLE! surely?

Nutapii
Jun 24, 2020
Could the number be an employee ID/payroll number of some kind?

In other news, I fell down a wikihole and ended up in a Boris Johnson Telegraph article from 2010.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3634055/Come-off-it-folks-how-many-paedophiles-can-there-be.html

quote:

Hovering above me was a silk-clad British Airways stewardess with an angelic smile, and she seemed to want me to move. "Please come with me, sir" said the oriental vision.

At once, I got her drift. She desired to upgrade me. In my mind's eye, I saw the first-class cabin, the spiral staircase to the head massage, the Champagne, the hot towels.

"You betcha!" I said, and began to unbuckle. At which point, the children set up a yammering. Oi, they said to me, where do you think you are going? I was explaining that the captain had probably spotted me come on board, don't you know. Doubtless he had decided that it was outrageous for me to fly steerage, sound chap that he was. I'd make sure to come back now and then, hmmm?

At which the stewardess gave a gentle cough. Actually, she said, she was proposing to move me to row 52, and that was because — she lowered her voice — "We have very strict rules".

Eh? I said, by now baffled. "A man cannot sit with children," she said; and then I finally twigged. "But he's our FATHER", chimed the children. "Oh," said the stewardess, and then eyed me narrowly. "These are your children?" "Yes," I said, a bit testily...

I'm not sure which is better - Oriental vision, politician asking how many paedos there can be, or that's probably the last time he's seen his last batch of kids?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He was right. Telegraph journalist to potential nonce is an upgrade.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Lads, we have this COVID thing well in hand

quote:

People needing Covid-19 tests have been sent to a centre in an area under local lockdown, despite it being closed.

quote:

The site is run by Serco and slots are booked via the UK government-run online system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

happyhippy posted:

Two books, one spine towards us, one facing to him.

Total makes a total of 2 spines in the photo