Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My problem is clearly with the exploiters of child actors, not the kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

I mean, the joke about washed out child actors is a thing for a reason.

That reason being overbearing parents who don't protect their interests and poo poo

There are way, way more child actors who left the industry and just went on to a normal life too though.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Rhyno posted:

Yay for accurate representation boo for exploiting a child.

Disney specifically took an eighteen year old actress who apparently hasn't done anything else yet, just so you could be satisfied. If she sucks at it, it's your fault, personally.

I wonder if the costume will look good. In the comics Kamala always looks radically different if she's dressed up.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The only stamp of approval needed.

https://twitter.com/GWillowWilson/status/1311394874084614144

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's Canadian, what could she possibly know of Jersey?!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That's the 3rd Canadian to be cast in the MCU lately.

Yea, that's pretty much the gold seal of approval right there.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

twistedmentat posted:

That's the 3rd Canadian to be cast in the MCU lately.

Yea, that's pretty much the gold seal of approval right there.

Good on Marvel if they arranged that meeting, given that I don’t think Wilson is that closely involved with the show

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I guess if she's truly a newcomer there's nothing to evaluate her on but she sounds pretty good. Keep forgetting that this is supposed to be a series. I feel like that will serve her character so much better for her to start out, especially if they do reference Captain Marvel because the meta effect of the former being in a TV show and the latter being in a movie helps sell her looking up to Carol.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Lobok posted:

I guess if she's truly a newcomer there's nothing to evaluate her on but she sounds pretty good. Keep forgetting that this is supposed to be a series. I feel like that will serve her character so much better for her to start out, especially if they do reference Captain Marvel because the meta effect of the former being in a TV show and the latter being in a movie helps sell her looking up to Carol.

Ready for passing mentions of "that flying blonde lady."

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Aphrodite posted:

She's Canadian, what could she possibly know of Jersey?!

go to Alberta and sniff some of the refineries, eat some pork roll, pick between the Giants and the Eagles, then hop in a car without ever having learned to drive and have no intention of learning. Bam, authentic Jersey.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Ready for passing mentions of "that flying blonde lady."

These shows are being produced by Marvel Films and under Feige. They are going to tie in explicitly with the films.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, you're pretty behind the game if you expect the Disney+ shows to be more like Agents of Shield and the Defenders than... the other Disney+ shows like WandaVision and Falcon and Winter Soldier, the shows starring movie characters and apparently directly tying into major events from the movies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Carol is on Earth for like 2 days and never appears publicly, disappears for 30 years, and apparently also takes off again after Thanos is offed at the beginning of Endgame too.

Plus she never had the lightning bolt. Seems really tough to fit into Kamala, but ultimately it's not a very important part of her backstory either that I recall.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They created an entirely new origin for Carol, they can change Kamala's if they have to.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm glad Inhumans is getting a second season via Ms Marvel.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm glad Inhumans is getting a second season via Ms Marvel.

this is probably just a joke, but there's no indication that the Royal Family characters are in this, outside some old rumors. though I do expect Marvel Studios to reboot those characters eventually

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

We don't know what happened on post-Snap Earth, except for the little bit we see in Far From Home. They have 5 years worth of time if they want Carol to have become a media darling before heading off into space -- she did help kill Thanos, after all.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Marvel tends to work more or less in real time so by the time the show comes out, they're going to be a couple of years in universe past Endgame. So you'd have to figure if nothing else Carol's famous for soloing Thanos's flagship, and helping kill Thanos twice.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Given that they got mutants back and immediately stopped caring about the Inhumans I assume they're going to change Kamala's origin around a lot. Probably won't turn her into a mutant or anything but I'd be surprised to see terrigenesis

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Retro Futurist posted:

Given that they got mutants back and immediately stopped caring about the Inhumans I assume they're going to change Kamala's origin around a lot. Probably won't turn her into a mutant or anything but I'd be surprised to see terrigenesis

The avengers game just uses terrigenesis so I wouldn’t be too shocked.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

howe_sam posted:

Marvel tends to work more or less in real time so by the time the show comes out, they're going to be a couple of years in universe past Endgame. So you'd have to figure if nothing else Carol's famous for soloing Thanos's flagship, and helping kill Thanos twice.

I also assume she was back and forth to earth at least a few times over the 5 year blip considering her familiarity with characters like Rhodey after the time jump.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

howe_sam posted:

Marvel tends to work more or less in real time

it would be interesting if they include covid movie death time to have the remaining avengers just retire because nothing happens for years post snap

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

I wonder if the costume will look good. In the comics Kamala always looks radically different if she's dressed up.

I honestly hope it doesn't look good. It's supposed to look like it was put together with random clothes she had laying around.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Burkinis are an actual thing so it shouldn't be that hard.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It also wouldn't be difficult for Kamala to have been saved, directly or indirectly, by Carol so she became a fan of her that way.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Alhazred posted:

I honestly hope it doesn't look good. It's supposed to look like it was put together with random clothes she had laying around.

Who does she think she is, kitty pryde?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Kingtheninja posted:

Who does she think she is, kitty pryde?

Can't be worse than Jubilee's first costume (made up from clothes she stole from the X-men)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Which X-Men owned lime green thigh boots and a cow patterned vest?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Which X-Men owned lime green thigh boots and a cow patterned vest?

Rogue's boots, Storm's vest, Dazzler's top.

gently caress, I recognized all that immediately from memory. The 80's did terrible damage to my mind.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

gently caress, I recognized all that immediately from memory. The 80's did terrible damage to my mind.

I also remembered her having Wolverine's gloves (which wouldn't have fit her) hanging off her belt

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

That game was announced at the start of 2017 and was possibly in development even before that though, I wouldn't be surprised that was part of Marvel's push to use Inhumans over Mutants before they brought Fox and got the movie rights and they just never forced re-writes on Crystal Dynamics when the purchase was complete.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I thought that was Longshot's vest?

I guess Storm and Longshot had similar fashion tastes for a while

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh is that just supposed to be Jim Lee's dumb shading on the vest? That makes more sense.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Hulk Smash! posted:

I thought that was Longshot's vest?

I guess Storm and Longshot had similar fashion tastes for a while

Longshot wore a full motorcycle jacket with a bandolier. Storm had the sleeveless leather vest.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

Oh is that just supposed to be Jim Lee's dumb shading on the vest? That makes more sense.

Well, that's Jim Fern drawing but yes.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The avengers game went into production before they got the X-Men back.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Jamie Foxx has been cast for the third MCU Spider-Man movie as ... Electro again?!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-3-jolt-jamie-foxx-returning-as-electro-exclusive

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What the gently caress????

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Didn’t people make fun of his performance in that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I assume this means they’re continuing multiverse shenanigans from the Dr Strange sequel?