Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Phy posted:

Also I have a recipe that is basically canned crab and green onions in heated-up velveeta, spooned over tray bun halves and broiled. It's some honkey bullshit but it's also better than it has any right to be.

Well? Don't leave us loving hanging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Phy posted:

Also I have a recipe that is basically canned crab and green onions in heated-up velveeta, spooned over tray bun halves and broiled. It's some honkey bullshit but it's also better than it has any right to be.

Do not ever count out anything involving white people and melted cheese

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah we have some redeeming qualities.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Phy posted:

honkey bullshit

Elviscat posted:

Well? Don't leave us loving hanging.

:eyepop:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Nice.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

This is from memory cause my recipe book is downstairs and there's a cat on my lap.

• One can-of-crab sized can of crab, drained
  • Don't get silly, just a regular can. Not a huge one. Fake crab is ok if you're cooking for someone with crustacean allergies.
  • Two green onions
  • 1/4 cup of butter
  • one small pack of velveeta, or half a medium pack (so like half a pound.) Don't worry about the other half a pack, velveeta keeps for-friggin-ever in the fridge, it's disturbing.
  • A dozen tray buns. Y'know the kind that are soft and fluffy and have a buttery top. You can use the multigrain version if you like, but you will be doing it wrong.

Chop the crab/fake crab into little chunks. Chop the green onion into a billion tiny rings. Slice the buns into halves so you've got a dozen tops and a dozen bottoms. Arrange these on a cookie sheet, cut side up.

Put the cheese food product and the butter in a small pot on the stove. Melt it on low to medium-low. If it looks like the sauce is broken, ie cheese food product curds floating in melted butter, don't worry about it. Toss in the crab and onion and stir it with a spatula, and it will congeal within a few stirs. It's going to look mega gross.

Turn on your oven broiler. Spoon the cheese-adjacent crab gunk on top of the buns, about a big tablespoon each. Spread it out with the back of the spoon if you like, but it will spread a bit in the oven anyway. Once every bun half has some gunk on it, put it in the oven until the gunk browns up in spots. You probably won't get it uniformly brown unless you fart around with repositioning the tray under the broiler, but the browned bits are the best part.

Take it out of the oven before it scorches. Eat some gunky crab buns, they're probably terrible for you and they're tasty hot or cold the next day. I prefer the bottom sides of the buns, you may feel different. I like them with a garden salad so I don't feel quite so awful about my life choices.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Jesus loving christ.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cable Guy posted:

Trenton Quarantino

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

You're not going to lead us in with a riveting account of the events at the Battle of Omdurman?
Seems suspicious, not sure this is a real recipe

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ggrandad, you can't tame the white supremacist power structure with cheese!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/1311198722001235968?s=20

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Memento posted:

Ggrandad, you can't tame the white supremacist power structure with cheese!

man rip the boondocks

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Phy posted:

This is from memory cause my recipe book is downstairs and there's a cat on my lap.

• One can-of-crab sized can of crab, drained
  • Don't get silly, just a regular can. Not a huge one. Fake crab is ok if you're cooking for someone with crustacean allergies.
  • Two green onions
  • 1/4 cup of butter
  • one small pack of velveeta, or half a medium pack (so like half a pound.) Don't worry about the other half a pack, velveeta keeps for-friggin-ever in the fridge, it's disturbing.
  • A dozen tray buns. Y'know the kind that are soft and fluffy and have a buttery top. You can use the multigrain version if you like, but you will be doing it wrong.

Chop the crab/fake crab into little chunks. Chop the green onion into a billion tiny rings. Slice the buns into halves so you've got a dozen tops and a dozen bottoms. Arrange these on a cookie sheet, cut side up.

Put the cheese food product and the butter in a small pot on the stove. Melt it on low to medium-low. If it looks like the sauce is broken, ie cheese food product curds floating in melted butter, don't worry about it. Toss in the crab and onion and stir it with a spatula, and it will congeal within a few stirs. It's going to look mega gross.

Turn on your oven broiler. Spoon the cheese-adjacent crab gunk on top of the buns, about a big tablespoon each. Spread it out with the back of the spoon if you like, but it will spread a bit in the oven anyway. Once every bun half has some gunk on it, put it in the oven until the gunk browns up in spots. You probably won't get it uniformly brown unless you fart around with repositioning the tray under the broiler, but the browned bits are the best part.

Take it out of the oven before it scorches. Eat some gunky crab buns, they're probably terrible for you and they're tasty hot or cold the next day. I prefer the bottom sides of the buns, you may feel different. I like them with a garden salad so I don't feel quite so awful about my life choices.

I think I'll try making this, but using ingredients I can find at my nearby Asian grocery store. The weird spicy canned crab they have there can be interesting, and instead of rolls maybe use some Asian rice cracker. Trying to find a Velveeta substitute may be difficult, but gently caress it since I'm changing a lot of this maybe I'll cut the processed cheese with some guyère to make it fancier.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

A FESTIVE SKELETON posted:

man rip the boondocks

Fool, you can't win! My stand, [EVEN WORSE], can parody anything your stand can do, and do it better! Plus it plays accordion! Leave my domain, Spatula City, now, before I grow bored and give you to Harvey to play with.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

"⎡ALTERNATIVE POLKA⎦!!!"

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Android Apocalypse posted:

I think I'll try making this, but using ingredients I can find at my nearby Asian grocery store. The weird spicy canned crab they have there can be interesting, and instead of rolls maybe use some Asian rice cracker. Trying to find a Velveeta substitute may be difficult, but gently caress it since I'm changing a lot of this maybe I'll cut the processed cheese with some guyère to make it fancier.

That's not even the same meal. How can you even call yourself proper trash, eating that!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm sorry I'm trying to reverse-culturally appropriate this truly Midwestern dish. I am definitely not claiming this as authentic by any means and I am not starting some successful food truck claiming it as my own.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
That post gave me the idea of a Cheese Psychiatrist, a highly trained medical professional who combines talk therapy with specifically calibrated mixtures of cheese that you take over time to help you deal with your issues.

"Well, we've gotten some good results with the manchego, but I'd like to up your dosage of sharp cheddar, and just kind of taper off your intake of smoked gouda. We're going to get through this together."

"We might have to talk about getting you on some of the more expensive imported cheeses. You've got to call your insurance and see what they cover."

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Trumps gonna win.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

That post gave me the idea of a Cheese Psychiatrist, a highly trained medical professional who combines talk therapy with specifically calibrated mixtures of cheese that you take over time to help you deal with your issues.

"Well, we've gotten some good results with the manchego, but I'd like to up your dosage of sharp cheddar, and just kind of taper off your intake of smoked gouda. We're going to get through this together."

"We might have to talk about getting you on some of the more expensive imported cheeses. You've got to call your insurance and see what they cover."

I misread this as Chinese Psychiatrist, and struggled mightily with the rest of your post.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Duckula posted:

Trumps gonna win.

keep it in cspam

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I knew my inadvisably constant consumption of blue cheese was a positive factor in my life.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I love that this became a thing

More: https://imgur.com/gallery/Jxi8Rqp

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

RandomFerret posted:

Mixing shellfish and dairy is forbidden twice over in the torah, the bible and qur'an. God really, really doesn't want you doing that

We lost nearly two millennia of potential tuna melt technology development because of religion :argh:

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

Trabant posted:

We lost nearly two millennia of potential tuna melt technology development because of religion :argh:

Ah yes, the coveted spiny tunastacean
it's a pastry

Clockwork Sputnik has a new favorite as of 08:10 on Oct 1, 2020

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
That moment when you realize crab Rangoon is not allowed in some religions…

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

:pusheen: that might be the best mic drop ever.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Yeah, ain't no one beating that.

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Giving me the COD real bad.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7wqqEtBlNc

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

holy poo poo I thought I was looking at work stuff on the wrong screen.

Social security disability stuff is insane, I've seen stuff about that crazy with documentation and they still get denied.

Though my favorite one was the client who was claiming they had a prescription for methadone, and asked their doctor to write a letter, where he said "I have no idea where they're gettign that, I did NOT prescribe that"

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

-wear a bathrobe to school every day
-weigh 750 pounds
-both parents are Charles Manson

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/simulacrax/status/1311772844364361728?s=19

Couldn't quite work out what thread was right for this, so here it is.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'll have one MC Escher Special to go please

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Woah quantum flux peas.I imagine trying to eat them would somehow land them on the back of your head or something.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

This image makes me nauseous

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Rascar Capac posted:

https://twitter.com/simulacrax/status/1311772844364361728?s=19

Couldn't quite work out what thread was right for this, so here it is.

The woman soldier's face seems unusually shiny. I wonder if they did a photoshop touch up on her or something? Or am I just seeing things?

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Snookis career took a weird turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Leon Sumbitches posted:

This image makes me nauseous

peas are actually quite delicious when served upside-down