Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Klungar posted:

FYI: Don't be dumb like me and remember to cleanse your Corruptions before you attempt to run the Ascension Challenges.

During my third ascension run I got a few hours in and was really confused as to why it was going so slow and why my particles were stuck and not going up. That was when I realized I had forgotten to do any R challenges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Synergism 2.0 is apparently so different from 1.x that many* of their official Discord pins are out of date - it's a shame, because it's it scratches that brainworms "more numbers" itch for me but I have no idea if what I'm doing is at all effective and the community seems to be concerned with the new stuff that even the fresh start channel is pretty quiet

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I bought a few levels of w2x2 and there is no apparent change in progression speed

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

I bought a few levels of w2x2 and there is no apparent change in progression speed

The math on that one works out that going from 9 to 10 points is a considerably greater impact than going from 0 to 1 points. Keep buying a level or two per ascension, you'll see the difference as it starts getting up there.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Cobalt60 posted:

There's no longer any good reason to buy Adv. stats (used to be, before some of the gap-filling features were added).

Learn to time blocks, you'll need it for more bosses in the future. You can use your keyboard the whole time (mouse-clicking all the buttons is hard). To manual a fight you essentially:

1) pre-click parry and charge, then wait for both timers to reset
2) constantly click the right-most attack available, all the way down to repeating Normal attack a few times in a row.
3) Only heal / block when you need to - otherwise you're wasting time you could be attaching.
4) For enemies with charged attacks, look at the text at the bottom. It'll give a warning line like "... is charging up an attack." Wait a couple of seconds after seeing that message, then press block. If you survive the attack, you should be fine through the whole fight.
4b) For this type of enemy, DO NOT block other attacks. Your Block charge is ONLY for charged attacks. Otherwise, you might get caught during a cooldown.
5) If the charged attack still hurts a lot, ensure your Adv.T stat is boosted - go as high as you can to ensure you're safe.

^^ This is true for a handful of bosses, as well as sniping zones in the future, if you choose to.

... which reminds me, did Gordon Ramsay have a charged attack??

thank you very much for the advice, now i have beards and i can become truly strong in life

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
C11x5 and C12x1 completed. C12x1 is yet another ridiculously huge power boost.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

4G, I remember you wanted to see favorite results from the card generator a while back. Finally got my save to Exile, and a bit after was rewarded with this:

What kind of exciting turds could it contain?!

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

C11x5 and C12x1 completed. C12x1 is yet another ridiculously huge power boost.

Any advice on corruptions, challenge timers, auto-sac timer? I'm into automated ascension land now (yay) but even with the same settings run to run, it can still be (more than slightly) inconsistent.

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

The Man is a harsh mistress.

Vil posted:

Any advice on corruptions, challenge timers, auto-sac timer? I'm into automated ascension land now (yay) but even with the same settings run to run, it can still be (more than slightly) inconsistent.

Corruptions:
1/2: Easy
3: Very Hard, eventually can raise
4: The worst, 1 point eventually
5: 1 point not too bad, additional points eventually ok
6: By far the easiest
7: Medium
8: Medium
9: 1 point not too bad, additional points seem harder than #3

Start with diamond(6), add 1-2 levels of diamond each time you add a point in one of 1,2,5,7,8,9 as you get stronger. 1 and 2 seemed to start out relatively harder but eventually become much easier than 5/7/8/9.
The first really good timing I found was 0/.5/.7 and progressed down to 0/.2/0 eventually. For a while you'll want runs that do two challenge cycles to hit the score breakpoint for higher tier cubes, then move to one cycle once you are stronger. The runs are very inconsistent with around 30% variance and if you're going to afk a while you may want to drop a level of corruption or add .05 to your timers because you will periodically get unlucky runs that fail and get stuck forever.

The big unlocks in cube research are 3x8 and 5x8, both let you reduce the 'wait between challenges' timer significantly (and 5x8 gets you c13). I haven't been able to make a run with an ant sacrifice that was better than just never sacrificing. Make sure you have autorune and autoresearch on, it's really easy to forget when you turn them off do to a challenge.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Vil posted:

0/0.75/0 has worked well for me with Auto Challenge. Corruptions are better with breadth rather than depth, so get them all to 1, then 2, etc. Offerings/Obtanium/Diamonds are they easiest to handle. Auto sac I’m less sure of, it seems to change regularly, I just adjust the timer between runs and see what gives the best cubes/second.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
iPhone booooo

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i agree, iphone boo

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

cyrn posted:

Corruptions:
1/2: Easy
3: Very Hard, eventually can raise
4: The worst, 1 point eventually
5: 1 point not too bad, additional points eventually ok
6: By far the easiest
7: Medium
8: Medium
9: 1 point not too bad, additional points seem harder than #3

Start with diamond(6), add 1-2 levels of diamond each time you add a point in one of 1,2,5,7,8,9 as you get stronger. 1 and 2 seemed to start out relatively harder but eventually become much easier than 5/7/8/9.
The first really good timing I found was 0/.5/.7 and progressed down to 0/.2/0 eventually. For a while you'll want runs that do two challenge cycles to hit the score breakpoint for higher tier cubes, then move to one cycle once you are stronger. The runs are very inconsistent with around 30% variance and if you're going to afk a while you may want to drop a level of corruption or add .05 to your timers because you will periodically get unlucky runs that fail and get stuck forever.

The big unlocks in cube research are 3x8 and 5x8, both let you reduce the 'wait between challenges' timer significantly (and 5x8 gets you c13). I haven't been able to make a run with an ant sacrifice that was better than just never sacrificing. Make sure you have autorune and autoresearch on, it's really easy to forget when you turn them off do to a challenge.

That was super-useful, thanks. I went from 1600 cubes per second to 2400 by dropping some of my bad assumptions about relative corruption difficulty, tweaking my timers a bit further, and stopping ant sacrifice.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Is there a special setting I have to do in AutoTrimps to run The Prison automatically? Or does the Unique Map setting handle it and just take a while to farm beforehand? I'm doing an Electricity portal and it's taking me a little past zone 80.

Edit: Hup there we go, just needed to farm a little first.

Buzkashi fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Oct 2, 2020

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
In Idle synergism, i feel like i've hit a bit of a wall but i'm not sure if it's just natural or if i've misunderstood a mechanic.

I unlocked mythos as a resource and as soon as i did that progress went from fairly quickly to outright sluggish.

There's also a few oddities i've noticed.

Under upgrades, the automation shop keeps unbuying auto accelerators and auto multipliers on every mythos rebirth. It keeps everything else except those 2 and i keep having to go in and rebuy them. Is that normal?

I'm also in the diamond building a lot now manually buying things, should i have unlocked some kind of automation for this yet?

I have a feeling that i should be doing something more with offerings, but the rune menu is a bit more obtuse to figure out vs the other menus so far so it's not quite clear what's going ot have the better impact on mythos gain.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Kin posted:

In Idle synergism, i feel like i've hit a bit of a wall but i'm not sure if it's just natural or if i've misunderstood a mechanic.

I unlocked mythos as a resource and as soon as i did that progress went from fairly quickly to outright sluggish.

There's also a few oddities i've noticed.

Under upgrades, the automation shop keeps unbuying auto accelerators and auto multipliers on every mythos rebirth. It keeps everything else except those 2 and i keep having to go in and rebuy them. Is that normal?

I'm also in the diamond building a lot now manually buying things, should i have unlocked some kind of automation for this yet?

I have a feeling that i should be doing something more with offerings, but the rune menu is a bit more obtuse to figure out vs the other menus so far so it's not quite clear what's going ot have the better impact on mythos gain.

Sounds like your progress (and automation: look at the achievement rewards for those challenges - first 3 rows for challenges 1-2 and first 2 rows for challenges 3-5) is stalling out because you're not doing transcension challenges.

Hop into each of them and get whatever progress you can get a few seconds after you've bought everything. If you hit a wall, exit the challenge, move on to the next. Don't hang out in a challenge for a super long time trying to grind it out. When all five challenges are stalled out (NB: more completions on challenge A may let you circle back and get an extra one or two on challenge B), go back to regular mythos farming, then cycle back and hit up the challenges again a little later to see if you can make more progress.

As for offerings, general rule about where you are is "buy whatever's cheapest, prioritizing hitting a multiple of 10".

Vil fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Oct 2, 2020

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

cyrn posted:

(and 5x8 gets you c13)

You can do c13 well before you have the 100 million cubes for w5x8, though. The trick is to do nothing but c6, and keep pumping runes via reincarnating. Eventually you'll hit e800 particles, which makes ant machine go brrrrrr and c10 is like 2-3 minutes away from there.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Vil posted:

Sounds like your progress (and automation: look at the achievement rewards for those challenges - first 3 rows for challenges 1-2 and first 2 rows for challenges 3-5) is stalling out because you're not doing transcension challenges.

Hop into each of them and get whatever progress you can get a few seconds after you've bought everything. If you hit a wall, exit the challenge, move on to the next. Don't hang out in a challenge for a super long time trying to grind it out. When all five challenges are stalled out (NB: more completions on challenge A may let you circle back and get an extra one or two on challenge B), go back to regular mythos farming, then cycle back and hit up the challenges again a little later to see if you can make more progress.

As for offerings, general rule about where you are is "buy whatever's cheapest, prioritizing hitting a multiple of 10".

Yeah that seemed to do the trick, now i've shot through most things but it's not clear what's next.

I've got most of the items from the research menu and my particles are up at the e266 level. There's a third "green" challenge that's shown up and it's the only one i'm not able to gain any levels in.

Is there a general thing i should be doing at this stage or is it basically a slow grind?

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

tried playing theory of magic again because i remembered liking it when it was posted here and a day or two in i realized they had a login button. clicking it wiped my save

Shadowstar
May 19, 2003

~~~~~~~~~

Kin posted:

Yeah that seemed to do the trick, now i've shot through most things but it's not clear what's next.

I've got most of the items from the research menu and my particles are up at the e266 level. There's a third "green" challenge that's shown up and it's the only one i'm not able to gain any levels in.

Is there a general thing i should be doing at this stage or is it basically a slow grind?

Grind challenges and runes until you can complete that challenge, which will open up Ants.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
I think I basically beat all the new Synergism content. Just did a bunch of C14s and I only have a few cube upgrades left to buy, which seem like they'll let me pump up corruptions a bit more, but other than that it's just grinding quarks and cubes now to get the last few permanent researches and pushing the ascension challenges a few more levels. I'm getting 85k/27/1.1 cubes/tesseracts/hypercubes per second (10/10/3/1/7/10/2/4/1). I'm sure there's room for optimizing corruptions a bit but I'm too lazy to trial-and-error it.

Maybe ignoring those and doing an overnight run focused on pushing constant would be a good idea soon.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

cyrn posted:

I know this is from a couple days ago but can you explain what these timer ratios are? Is that .5 of a minute? Of 15m (which I thought wasn't the optimal time anymore?) I've just been doing reincarnations every 60 seconds with prestige and transcension off, which is getting me about 2500 cubes every few hours and I feel like it should be going faster. Do you eventually stop auto reincarnating all together and only go back to transcending?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Aerox posted:

I know this is from a couple days ago but can you explain what these timer ratios are? Is that .5 of a minute? Of 15m (which I thought wasn't the optimal time anymore?) I've just been doing reincarnations every 60 seconds with prestige and transcension off, which is getting me about 2500 cubes every few hours and I feel like it should be going faster. Do you eventually stop auto reincarnating all together and only go back to transcending?

That’s the time settings for Auto Challenge. You stop Reincarnating once you have the Auto 1% Particles Cube Upgrade.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Shadowstar posted:

Grind challenges and runes until you can complete that challenge, which will open up Ants.

Cool, just opened up ants and i'm still e120 particles under where i need to be to even buy 1.

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

Synergism chat, should I be running corruption before I automate ascensions? I've just about got the whole top row of Cube upgrades but still only getting 2k per ascension.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Cliff posted:

Synergism chat, should I be running corruption before I automate ascensions? I've just about got the whole top row of Cube upgrades but still only getting 2k per ascension.

Don't start using corruptions until you're well past there. For maximum cube gain you want speed, even after getting automation you want to be ascending after a single sweep through the challenges. Corruption that early just slows you down on cube gain and is really not worth it. Really getting c11 the first time and buying the automator for ascension is the worst part because you have to do everything manually and it takes forever.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Anfauglir posted:

Don't start using corruptions until you're well past there. For maximum cube gain you want speed, even after getting automation you want to be ascending after a single sweep through the challenges. Corruption that early just slows you down on cube gain and is really not worth it. Really getting c11 the first time and buying the automator for ascension is the worst part because you have to do everything manually and it takes forever.

well

I did a bad job

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Eldercain posted:

well

I did a bad job

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, don't even think about loving with corruptions pre-c11x2, auto-challenge, and auto-ascend.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
So I've stuck with Another Chronicle and it's really opened up. There are a couple early walls where it takes a few dark ritual cycles to build up stats to push past a boss, but now I've got so many things to juggle it's amazing. I think the point where it really got its teeth in me is you start unlocking making bread when you learn fire magic (to cook it, obviously!), and get a quest chain to just keep loving eating loaves and loaves of bread. After the last one where you jam 10 loaves of bread into your face, you unlock the ??? tab in Routine which allows you to jam ALL the game's food into your infinite stomach for permanent stat boosts. Each time you gain a boost it requires one more food of that type UNTIL you dark ritual, when the bonuses persist but the cost resets to 1 unit. Additionally how full you are acts as a multiplier to your dark ritual and then expands your already massive stomach so you can build up a bigger food-based rebirth multiplier.

And then it gets even better when you unlock Auto-eating slots so you can sit in a dungeon farming pork from an orc and eating it overnight. Then I hit rank 28 and opened another tab for Will which is a fairly standard resource you can recharge and then dump into various bonuses, but that also tracks total Will gained and gives you higher max will and initial Will points on rebirth.

Throw that on top of the farming up different monsters for their passives, a couple permanent passive companions with unlimited (but diminishing returns) stat growth, and what seems to be a total reset system so you can choose different quest branches, and I'm deeply invested. It has a little of the NGU feel where short and long runs are both beneficial in different ways and it often makes sense to sacrifice number gains (in this case your talent multiplier on dark ritual) for farming more XP and other bonuses (Inspiration and food multipliers). Although it doesn't seem to notice when I have 69 of something so it is objectively worse in that regard.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
im at boss 225 in NGU, goddamn this is taking too long

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

SynthesisAlpha posted:

So I've stuck with Another Chronicle and it's really opened up. There are a couple early walls where it takes a few dark ritual cycles to build up stats to push past a boss, but now I've got so many things to juggle it's amazing. I think the point where it really got its teeth in me is you start unlocking making bread when you learn fire magic (to cook it, obviously!), and get a quest chain to just keep loving eating loaves and loaves of bread. After the last one where you jam 10 loaves of bread into your face, you unlock the ??? tab in Routine which allows you to jam ALL the game's food into your infinite stomach for permanent stat boosts. Each time you gain a boost it requires one more food of that type UNTIL you dark ritual, when the bonuses persist but the cost resets to 1 unit. Additionally how full you are acts as a multiplier to your dark ritual and then expands your already massive stomach so you can build up a bigger food-based rebirth multiplier.

And then it gets even better when you unlock Auto-eating slots so you can sit in a dungeon farming pork from an orc and eating it overnight. Then I hit rank 28 and opened another tab for Will which is a fairly standard resource you can recharge and then dump into various bonuses, but that also tracks total Will gained and gives you higher max will and initial Will points on rebirth.

Throw that on top of the farming up different monsters for their passives, a couple permanent passive companions with unlimited (but diminishing returns) stat growth, and what seems to be a total reset system so you can choose different quest branches, and I'm deeply invested. It has a little of the NGU feel where short and long runs are both beneficial in different ways and it often makes sense to sacrifice number gains (in this case your talent multiplier on dark ritual) for farming more XP and other bonuses (Inspiration and food multipliers). Although it doesn't seem to notice when I have 69 of something so it is objectively worse in that regard.

Is there a non-Kongregate place to play it? The past few days it tries to load but seems to stick on the Kongregate loading screen.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Randalor posted:

Is there a non-Kongregate place to play it? The past few days it tries to load but seems to stick on the Kongregate loading screen.

Not that I'm aware of, sadly.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Randalor posted:

I haven’t had any success playing NGU the past couple days because of this issue, anyone know if this is just part of the slow death of Kongregate or if something else is going on?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Fargin Icehole posted:

im at boss 225 in NGU, goddamn this is taking too long

yeah it's a real slap in the face that you just have to churn through 150 nameless, faceless boring bosses to get to the next difficulty

i will say that it makes seeing bosses/zones post-150 very rewarding once you get there in evil but the end of normal slog is misery for sure. might be worth making sure you've done the challenges you can at this point for a change of pace.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Spokes posted:

yeah it's a real slap in the face that you just have to churn through 150 nameless, faceless boring bosses to get to the next difficulty

i will say that it makes seeing bosses/zones post-150 very rewarding once you get there in evil but the end of normal slog is misery for sure. might be worth making sure you've done the challenges you can at this point for a change of pace.

What i'm doing is knocking two birds with one stone by doing the laser sword challenges because they dont reset the number. I'm to the 11th challenge now, and hopefully by the time I get to 20/20, MAYBE??? I'll get to 301 and unlock evil difficulty?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

This is cute, someone made Candy Box as a Prestige Tree mod https://raw.githack.com/Acamaeda/Candy-Tree/master/index.html

e: not much content tho

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 5, 2020

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Im stuck on the gears/machines part of Prestige Tree. Up to 1e83 and 2e58 respectively.

I barely get any progress, the next Space building upgrade or machine brick upgrade is multiple bricks away, the remaining few machine challenges are miles away.
I have tried a myriad of mastery building configurations and none are able to kick me past this stage.
I keep checking the various nodes to see if there are any upgrades i have missed, there are none.
It feels like i am missing something obvious.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

Im stuck on the gears/machines part of Prestige Tree. Up to 1e83 and 2e58 respectively.

I barely get any progress, the next Space building upgrade or machine brick upgrade is multiple bricks away, the remaining few machine challenges are miles away.
I have tried a myriad of mastery building configurations and none are able to kick me past this stage.
I keep checking the various nodes to see if there are any upgrades i have missed, there are none.
It feels like i am missing something obvious.

Try 1/1/5, you're around the point where you gotta push to the gear e96 upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Wait am I playing on the wrong URL because I don't know where the heck this gears and machines part of prestige tree is. :psyduck: