Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Zetsubou-san posted:

that makes me feel slightly better that I missed the first halloweenis stream

it legitimately made me feel better about the problems with the anime/manga adaptations cause hey. turns out there's an infinitely worse way to experience higurashi.

it did, at least, give us keiichi wearing a t-shirt saying gently caress LANDLORDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think the thing i'll never get over is how on top of none of the characters matching their original designs, they cast satoko fairly young but cast rika as... significantly older.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think the worst live action adaptation I've ever seen was the live action Tokyo Babylon sequel movie that is possibly so forgotten I might be the only person that has seen it. Holy poo poo it was awful.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

RIP Horriblesubs

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

RIP Horriblesubs

That farewell letter is bizarrely sentimental considering what they were actually doing. "All good things must come to an end, thank you for joining us on this journey," buddy you were just ripping subtitles from underpaid CR translators and then explicitly mocking their quality

Like, this sucks, but jeez

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"We finished all our series before shutting down"

No, Crunchyroll did. Like, y'all literally just have a robot doing this poo poo.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
now we live in the dark ages of... rippers whose bot can rip subtitles properly without formatting errors

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Zetsubou-san posted:

that makes me feel slightly better that I missed the first halloweenis stream
don't worry, I have 8 more awful movies

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AlternateNu posted:

You don't have to play through the entire game. But you need to trigger all the flags, and the triggers don't stick until you complete the chapter they're in. Not every flag is a cascading trigger, but most of them are. The saving grace is after you've completed a chapter, you can super-fastfoward through the text.

Also, I'm in the same boat where I'm not big into tsundere love interests, but for S;G, I do think Kurisu is the best candidate. (Maybe Faris?)

Luka's my favorite of the romantic interests but I really feel Faris is the best actual match for Okabe. Her ending was pretty good, too and regardless of if you pick that or continue on Faris shows a great deal of strength of character.

The romance with Kurisu just feels weird because he's known her for like two weeks and was actually friendly with her for maybe half of one.

I've never really had a crush or anything so maybe that's a normal timeframe but I dunno I'm not really buying it.

I keep thinking back to that scene in Hate+.

"Were you close?"

"I knew her for two days."

"...Oh."

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Acerbatus posted:

Luka's my favorite of the romantic interests but I really feel Faris is the best actual match for Okabe. Her ending was pretty good, too and regardless of if you pick that or continue on Faris shows a great deal of strength of character.

The romance with Kurisu just feels weird because he's known her for like two weeks and was actually friendly with her for maybe half of one.

I've never really had a crush or anything so maybe that's a normal timeframe but I dunno I'm not really buying it.

"Were you close?"

"...Oh."

Yeah, it's always weird. But S;G and Re:Zero are two of my favorite anime, so I'm obviously willing to let that slide in service of an awesome story. :v:

Also, Suzu, best girl. :colbert:

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I'm watching the Antarctica anime and I'm really digging it, the animation during the chase in the second episode looked fantastic. Shirase is such a dork, she's great.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Coxswain Balls posted:

I'm watching the Antarctica anime and I'm really digging it, the animation during the chase in the second episode looked fantastic. Shirase is such a dork, she's great.

AOTY

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Strange Quark posted:

Did you immediately go watch ep 1 after this to drop it on mal

No, I watched ep 1 at the start of the season. It was absolute garbage.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Arist posted:

That farewell letter is bizarrely sentimental considering what they were actually doing. "All good things must come to an end, thank you for joining us on this journey," buddy you were just ripping subtitles from underpaid CR translators and then explicitly mocking their quality

Like, this sucks, but jeez

What will we do without HS :smith:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

sinky posted:

What will we do without HS :smith:

Lol

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

"Were you close?"

"...Oh."
I mean from Okabe's perspective it's a lot longer and she helped him through what were absolutely the most difficult days of his life

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I mean from Okabe's perspective it's a lot longer and she helped him through what were absolutely the most difficult days of his life

Imagine how much baggage they're gonna have to carry after even just a couple months though. The r/relationships post is going to be ridiculous, especially since they both definitely have accounts

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Apart from anything else I feel Okabe (true ending spoilers) has a duty to watch Kurisu and make sure she never so much as thinks about time travel ever again

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I'm going to use this opportunity to post my favorite piece of fan art.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

doesn't feature subaru

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Aurora posted:

doesn't feature subaru

It was drawn in 2011 before Re:Zero existed. There are a few characters it's missing at this point.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

AlternateNu posted:

I'm going to use this opportunity to post my favorite piece of fan art.

this owns

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Who are the rocket launcher girl and the person on the right?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rocket launcher is homura from madoka magica

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
took me a while to figure out that's Bill Murray

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Argue posted:

Who are the rocket launcher girl and the person on the right?
One on the far right is the protagonist from The Tatami Galaxy.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

As probably the only person who watched all of it on this forum. I can honestly say that score is still too high.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Black Stones posted:

As probably the only person who watched all of it on this forum. I can honestly say that score is still too high.

I watched a clip on the Crunchy youtube channel entitled "The Great Battle" and uhh.. yeeaaaaaaah. I guess the three frames of the fat dude underhanding a grenade was entertaining, in a sense.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

The fuckin grenade lob was amazing

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This is just zoomer musashi gundoh.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In 40 years people are going to rediscover it and say it's an avant garde cult classic.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

Did you immediately go watch ep 1 after this to drop it on mal

lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Coxswain Balls posted:

its great

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Is kuroko finally gonna score

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy