Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Blind Pineapple posted:

Ramon Laureano dropping two F-bombs during his in-game interview segment was cool.

Too bad the Stros are about to make the 06 Cardinals look like the 27 Yankees.

Is there a video of this anywhere? I was watching the ESPN+ Nerdcast at the time.

EDIT: Also I'm sad we don't get to see Ben Gamel's playoff stache anymore

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

https://twitter.com/richardstaff/status/1311895308931149824?s=21

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Inspector_666 posted:

Is there a video of this anywhere? I was watching the ESPN+ Nerdcast at the time.

https://twitter.com/JimmyClarke__/status/1311761583048187904

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
We started with 7 Central Division teams in the playoffs and we might end tomorrow with zero.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Shiroc posted:

We started with 7 Central Division teams in the playoffs and we might end tomorrow with zero.

Inshallah

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BravesAmerica/status/1311819545355710470?s=19

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This joke is evergreen

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Dutchy posted:

the Astros still have a stronger rotation, even without Justin Verlander

lol what

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

I mean, yeah? Aside from Bassitt, and if we're thinking long-term, Luzardo, I'd much rather have the Astros rotation right now. The A's are going to have to pick three of Fiers/Manaea/Montas/Minor and between them the nicest thing you can say is Manaea's FIP suggests he isn't as bad as your lying eyes tell you, and could probably be Houston's #4 or so. I'm sure the Verlander/Morton/Cole days seem distant but you haven't fallen so far that you're looking at a guy with a 5.60 ERA and thinking he MUST start if we reach Game 5, unless we find ourselves forced to start him in a must-win Game 4

It's not the Verlander/Morton/Cole days so the gap isn't huge but I don't think the A's will have the SP edge in any game except whatever one Bassitt starts. Perhaps Luzardo, depending on matchup or whatever

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Not only was last night the highest postseason gamescore of Kershaw's career (88) it was his highest gamescore in any outing since May 23rd of 2016 (89). That was the year he posted a 1.69 ERA and 15.6 K/BB ratio in 149 IP while missing all of July and August with a back injury.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/chicagotribune/status/1312098238825029632

cubsposters come get your large adult son

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Did he...did he have doubts on the matter?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

lovely headline, read the article

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
that CHUD gently caress

“To see the president and the first lady, you think that’s not possible, just because it’s the president and the first lady,” Schwarber said Friday during a conference call. “They’re supposed to be people out there who are probably the most safe people in the United States, and they get it. It’s a showing to the world that this is real.”

“I’m not a politician or a person who wants to make those kinds of decisions. If it was me, I’d lean more toward safety than anything else. I’m glad I don’t make those calls.”

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
turns out when everyone was talking about him being beefy they meant the contents of his skull

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 2, 2020

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The cubs are going to be torn down next season, it was cool that they were ok for a few years but it is back to last place for the forseeable future. Ricketts won't ever pay luxury tax again.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Gonna be cool when the cubs start rebuilding and GDTs have like five posts a week

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

We cubsposted through the Junior Lake era you have no escape

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it might have actually been worse in the tank years.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Was a more relaxed cubsposting then, more laughing at the cubs than the excessive doomposting that you have all come to love and enjoy.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The BBWAA is taking Kennesaw Mountain Landis' name of the MVP award.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

Good, gently caress that guy.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Edward Mass posted:

Whole lotta chuds who only just learned his name was on the award are furious about the destruction of history going on here.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Cubs lose, Cubs lose, HOLY COW! Last 24 hours has been great, 2020 must be finally turning the corner.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lmao Cubs

Marlins still undefeated in playoffs

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Marlins are winning it all.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Marlins are winning it all.

That is my hope, even as a Cardinals fan. The undefeated in the playoff series streak must continue.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Hopping on the Marlins bandwagon

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Marlins/Padres or A's, let's go

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Cubs have 1 more year with the big names before everyone hits FA. I honestly don't know how you fix the offense though, year over year it seems to be getting worse, they can beat up on crappy pitchers but anyone that throws faster than 92 is basically unhittable.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Anyone but cardials

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Braves division series futility vs. Marlins playoff wizardry is a Bambi vs. Godzilla matchup

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I am so happy the team I've owned a hat for for years and am not in any way bandwagoning no sir bob won!

Also that Schwarber lost. Moron.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
I cannot root for the Marlins because they always throw at Ronald Acuna Jr. and that is unacceptable to me

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1312143659899346945?s=20

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
MY MARLINS

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

https://twitter.com/RichardStaff/status/1312140452678656000?s=20

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Marlins have undone the unholy Cubs magick of 2016 and sent President Donald J. Trump directly to hell. No choice but to root for them

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If Derek Jeter and Don Mattingly fix the world my inner child is gonna be real smug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The Marlins have never lost a playoff series in franchise history