Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Turbinosamente posted:

Pretty sure that pwn is inside the US. Did the shipping option default to priority mail or something? I did pay like 17 bucks priority last time I got stuff from S to S because it was only a dollar more than the media mail estimate. However I had 3 lps and a 45 and just figured it was sheer weight of the package.

Weird. I just got 3 records from Ship to Shore yesterday and it was ~$6 shipping.

Edit: Terrible new page post. I got Piper Sunshine Kiz, Piper - Gentle Breeze, Rie Murakami - Sahara.

This Piper song has a bassline that sounds like a Tame Impala song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozaIaxtOlT0

Asnorban fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

pwn posted:

Ship to Shore is releasing a nice-looking SM64 orchestral album, and since $45 isn't enough to fork over, the shipping (along with a pin I'd added) was over $20. Spending almost half a C-note for vidyagame music is as nuts as I'm willing to get, if you can't figure out how to ship it any cheaper, piss off.

I'm simultaneously upset at not getting it and at having been willing to spend even $45 for it. Also I think this may trigger CPL593H. I am part of the problem.

After I read this I hissed at the screen and scampered off into an air duct.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

My random fun haul from Newbury Comics just came in.

Pretty cool colour variants for Deltron 3030

and Cleopatra Jones

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Turbinosamente posted:

Pretty sure that pwn is inside the US. Did the shipping option default to priority mail or something? I did pay like 17 bucks priority last time I got stuff from S to S because it was only a dollar more than the media mail estimate. However I had 3 lps and a 45 and just figured it was sheer weight of the package.

You know, how sometimes, you do something really stupid

I realized just now that because I had a pin in the order, it naturally removed the Media option at checkout, so all that was available was the $20 and $35-ish express option. Checking out again without the pin, it comes to $51.33 shipped.

...god drat it, I’m going to spend $51 :suicide:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Cleopatra Jones rules. Everybody watch Cleopatra Jones.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Shiiiiit, I want that Deltron. And

CPL593H posted:

marjorie
May 4, 2014

CPL593H posted:

:hmmyes:

caligulamprey posted:

Shiiiiit, I want that Deltron.

Not to be a devil on your shoulder if you're trying to budget but it's still available...

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

USPS tripled prices about a year or so ago.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Given that this is the internet, and this site was popular in the 2000s, I assume some of us here liked Girl Talk. All Day and Feed the Animals are being pressed -- http://illegalart.net/girltalk/shop/

midge
Mar 15, 2004

World's finest snatch.
Don't worry everyone, I'm sure UPS and FedEx will look after us!

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Asnorban posted:

Given that this is the internet, and this site was popular in the 2000s, I assume some of us here liked Girl Talk. All Day and Feed the Animals are being pressed -- http://illegalart.net/girltalk/shop/

I'm picking it up but something feels off about it.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

IG-88 posted:

I'm picking it up but something feels off about it.

Greg Gillis retweeted the Pitchfork article, so it seems legit. I ordered them both and they pretty instantly refunded me $2 on shipping for ordering both, so that was positive as well.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

No Night Ripper, no deal. :colbert:

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Asnorban posted:

Greg Gillis retweeted the Pitchfork article, so it seems legit. I ordered them both and they pretty instantly refunded me $2 on shipping for ordering both, so that was positive as well.

Oh gently caress yeah then

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
ugh, there's no way I'm ever going to listen to this on vinyl, but I have listened to Feed the Animals so many loving times that I can basically sing along to the entire thing. imagine the fyad riddick post but i'm doing every mashup hard along with my friend girl talk

it would be sort of ridiculous to not buy an album that's probably a top-ten most-listened album of all time, even if i haven't listened to it more than 3 or 4 times over the past half-decade, so I guess I'm getting in on this kinda sketchy preorder!! if nothing else the original album being free means that this way i can finally pay for it, though i wonder how much money they spent on sample clearances

Parachute
May 18, 2003
did they ever re-release night ripper? im not even in to vinyl but that album was magic. couldnt get in to girl talk's stuff much after that one unfortunately

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Parachute posted:

did they ever re-release night ripper? im not even in to vinyl but that album was magic. couldnt get in to girl talk's stuff much after that one unfortunately

discogs says they put out a vinyl back in 2009, but nothing planned for a new release atm

https://twitter.com/GtVinyl/status/1311312267250728960

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Tron Legacy dropped and sold out stupid fast, thankfully I didn't sleep on that one. Let's see if they just repress the same variant like they're doing for TLOU2.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/MondoNews/status/1311353005074243584?s=20

IG-88 fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 30, 2020

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

flippers are going to have a field day with that one.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

mondo finally paired a good movie, a great soundtrack, and packaging that isn't completely insufferable, so of course they only made four copies of it

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Mondo website hosed up because you could buy it before the drop date by clicking on the picture and adding it to your cart. However, this is my first mondo release only because it has almost all of the tracks that were scattered to various platforms and mediums together.

Still don't know how they're getting away with calling it "remastered" it when DP are notoriously fickle about quality and haven't gone back to their first three.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 30, 2020

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

incoherent posted:

Mondo website hosed up because you could buy it before the drop date by clicking on the picture and adding it to your cart. However, this is my first mondo release only because it has almost all of the tracks that were scattered to various platforms and mediums together.

Still don't know how they're getting away with calling it "remastered" it when DP are notoriously fickle about quality and haven't gone back to their first three.

I don’t think DP has a say in this. Remember Disney put out that remix album without any of their input.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

daft punk doesnt need to go back to the first three because they're :perfect:

I got that Tron soundtrack. should be cool.

The Quake and Social Network soundtracks arrived today and they are MINT. Trent is really making sure these things are coming out at top quality, even the shipping boxes were unique and super secure.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone know what the deal is with this release? Can't find an equivalent upcoming release on any USA sites. the ASIN seems to think it's an rsd 2020 release but that doesn't make any sense.

https://www.amazon.ca/Tron-Legacy-O...ps%2C178&sr=8-2

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 30, 2020

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

The Walrus posted:

Anyone know what the deal is with this release? Can't find an equivalent upcoming release on any USA sites. the ASIN seems to think it's an rsd 2020 release but that doesn't make any sense.

could be extras from RSD that didnt get sent out to record shops. not sure if the soundtrack was exclusive to RSD/Mondo or if it was one of those "first press" deals where it would get pressed again down the line.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

The Walrus posted:

The RSD release was UK only I believe. This should be a standard black repress. There were people on Reddit talking about settling for this since they missed Mondo.

Also, I got some some good poo poo in today.

There's still 56/500 available so you should be good for a bit. Give it a listen.

https://espritfantasy.bandcamp.com/album/virtua-zip

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

IG-88 posted:

The RSD release was UK only I believe. This should be a standard black repress. There were people on Reddit talking about settling for this since they missed Mondo.

The RSD release is translucent blue: https://www.discogs.com/Daft-Punk-TRON-Legacy-Vinyl-Edition-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/release/15960582

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Boinks posted:

USPS tripled prices about a year or so ago.

Not for media mail. You can still ship records with tracking and insurance for under five bucks. Anything else though is expensive but still a fraction of what FedEx, UPS, or DHL charges.

midge posted:

Don't worry everyone, I'm sure UPS and FedEx will look after us!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVO5bUFww0

IG-88 posted:

Tron Legacy dropped and sold out stupid fast, thankfully I didn't sleep on that one. Let's see if they just repress the same variant like they're doing for TLOU2.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/MondoNews/status/1311353005074243584?s=20

I wouldn't be too worried about it. They've reissued that album several times. Just wait a while. I recall seeing a bunch on discogs a not too long ago for about 40-50 bucks. I'm thinking the prices just went up a bit because of the renewed interest from the Mondo reissue.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

abraham linksys posted:

ugh, there's no way I'm ever going to listen to this on vinyl, but I have listened to Feed the Animals so many loving times that I can basically sing along to the entire thing. imagine the fyad riddick post but i'm doing every mashup hard along with my friend girl talk

it would be sort of ridiculous to not buy an album that's probably a top-ten most-listened album of all time, even if i haven't listened to it more than 3 or 4 times over the past half-decade, so I guess I'm getting in on this kinda sketchy preorder!! if nothing else the original album being free means that this way i can finally pay for it, though i wonder how much money they spent on sample clearances

Hah, 100% agree. I'm still waffling as to whether or not I should buy it as I don't know if I'd listen to it much either. A lot of the charm is the continuous mix and seamless song transitions which will be a bit lost when it's on 4 different sides, but I feel like I should give homeboy some dollars for all the enjoyment he's brought me.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Yeah, I mean it's a repress of that one but in black. Sorry. (Which I guess ends up being a repress of the original release?)

Edit: I took too long on Girl Talk's All Day (got in on second pressing) but I did order Feed the Animal (the better album or the two). Let's goooooooooooo

IG-88 fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Oct 1, 2020

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

So I don't know if this is just a mistake or whatever but I searched deepdiscount.com and they have a pre-order listing for the Tron Legacy score. When you click the link it says "couldn't find that product". But I have seen stuff like that turn out to be a pre-order put up too soon. So keep your eyes open.

edit: I'm a dumb dumb. Someone already showed an Amazon Canada pre-order. Though oddly that is listed at 48 CDN but the pre-orders I've seen on US based sites list it at 70 dollars. That doesn't seem right, especially if Mondo was selling it for less than that. Anyway it looks a lot like Disney or whoever is just doing a regular rear end reissue again.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 1, 2020

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Oh and if you need a way to pass the time while you wait for the next reissue of Tron Legacy listen to the new crazy rear end samples album from Neil Cicierega, Mouth Dreams.

https://soundcloud.com/neilcic/mouthdreams

marjorie
May 4, 2014

CPL593H posted:

Oh and if you need a way to pass the time while you wait for the next reissue of Tron Legacy listen to the new crazy rear end samples album from Neil Cicierega, Mouth Dreams.

https://soundcloud.com/neilcic/mouthdreams

I skimmed this very quickly and thought you mentioned Mouth Congress and was very surprised to see someone talking about it. Anyway, uh, Mouth Congress released a weird 7" a little while ago if you're into that sort of thing. link

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

marjorie posted:

I skimmed this very quickly and thought you mentioned Mouth Congress and was very surprised to see someone talking about it. Anyway, uh, Mouth Congress released a weird 7" a little while ago if you're into that sort of thing. link

Well that description definitely grabs me. I'll have to pick this up eventually.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

IG-88 posted:

Also, I got some some good poo poo in today.

There's still 56/500 available so you should be good for a bit. Give it a listen.

https://espritfantasy.bandcamp.com/album/virtua-zip

personally I think the 200% Electronica album is where it's at but this one is pretty nice too. I dig the nice long jams on Side 2 since the original is so short that it fits on one side

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/update-on-bandcamp-fridays

Bandcamp is still waiving fees on every first Friday until the end of the year so plan your vinyl purchases accordingly if you can. Touring musicians need all the help they can get. Unless they are Smashmouth.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Today's Bandcamp vinyl pickup:

I also picked up Butcher Brown's new album, although they're sold out of vinyl at Bandcamp. But there is a unique color variant you can buy directly from their site (and it does include a digital download).

Ballz fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Aug 3, 2021

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

sporklift posted:

https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/update-on-bandcamp-fridays

Bandcamp is still waiving fees on every first Friday until the end of the year so plan your vinyl purchases accordingly if you can. Touring musicians need all the help they can get. Unless they are Smashmouth.

Feels good man to pick up that chicano batman twofer.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

So the retail price of that Tron Legacy reissue that came out today actually is 70 bucks for some reason. There's nothing special about it. It's just a run of the mill 2 LP. My best guess is that Disney being the greedy dicks that they are know that people will absolutely pay that price for it. I don't think it's a coincidence it dropped days after the Mondo release. They're also right about people paying through the rear end for it because it's already sold out on Amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

I bought.....a lot on Bandcamp today. I have been *inexplicably* giddy all day and now I own a lot more modern classical and jazz than I did before