Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I started Jeudy as well. :rip: Sutton but your spirit lives on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

I think Jamison Crowder is one of the most underrated players in FF. I had my leaguemates throwing some shade because I decided to start him last night. He picked up 13.9 in 0.5 PPR...as my WR3. 33.9 points in two games is amazing for a guy I picked up in the eleventh round.

Looking at it some more, the Jets slot receiver position is just ridiculous. If you total up the points from Crowder and Braxton Berrios, it's the seventh-highest scoring WR in 0.5 PPR before last night. Today they would be the #2 WR, behind Ridley.

Gearman fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Oct 2, 2020

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Gearman posted:

I think Jamison Crowder is one of the most underrated players in FF. I had my leaguemates throwing some shade because I decided to start him last night. He picked up 13.9 in 0.5 PPR...as my WR3. 33.9 points in two games is amazing for a guy I picked up in the eleventh round.

Looking at it some more, the Jets slot receiver position is just ridiculous. If you total up the points from Crowder and Braxton Berrios, it's the seventh-highest scoring WR in 0.5 PPR before last night. Today they would be the #2 WR, behind Ridley.

When he's healthy, he's one of the most reliable WR2s with upside in PPR.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I'm 0-3, second most PF and every opponent I've faced has beat their projection by 40+ only to return the earth the next week.

This week's opponent led with Melvin Gordon.

This world is dead and empty.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Gearman posted:

I love picking Crowder in the middle-late rounds for this reason, he's so under the radar because he's been in lovely offences for the past few years.

I also wish I had started him last night, not only because he put up a good amount of points but also because Scary Terry is now questionable and if he's out I don't really have any other options because of the league's short bench.

Please forgive and have mercy on me Jamieson!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I accidentally started Crowder in my BML, in the flex spot of all stupid places.

Remembering self-care is hard.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

shyduck posted:

The league I posted about above thankfully has a “COVID IR” that’s essentially an unrestricted bucket. I don’t really need to use it this weekend, but if these trends continue... AYYYYY

We jumped from 1 IR slot to 4 this season.

And I thought 4 would be too much.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I'm 0-3, second most PF and every opponent I've faced has beat their projection by 40+ only to return the earth the next week.

This week's opponent led with Melvin Gordon.

This world is dead and empty.

Hello me from last year.

When it’s your turn up against the PA buzzsaw, it’s your turn.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Vargo posted:

Someone sent me a trade offer of his Juju Smith-Schuster and Jimmy Graham for my Travis Kelce, is there any reason to say anything other than "hahahahaha gently caress no"

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I thought "absolutely not" at first, but the more it sits with me... Nick Foles loves using TEs, he got 25% of Nick's throws last week, Graham has been borderline TE1 the past few weeks.

I like having Kelce because he's like a bonus WR, but this would give me a WR base of Lockett, Diggs, and Juju, which is... tempting.

.5 PPR, by the way.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vargo posted:

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I thought "absolutely not" at first, but the more it sits with me... Nick Foles loves using TEs, he got 25% of Nick's throws last week, Graham has been borderline TE1 the past few weeks.

I like having Kelce because he's like a bonus WR, but this would give me a WR base of Lockett, Diggs, and Juju, which is... tempting.

.5 PPR, by the way.

hahahahaha gently caress no

You’re giving up the TE#1 for a waiver wire TE. I don’t know what Juju is ranked but it ain’t worth Kelce IMO.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I wouldn't do it.

E: yeah, what he said

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Cool, thanks for talking me down.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Vargo posted:

Cool, thanks for talking me down.
Yeah I like where your logic was but we dont have evidence Graham will keep up the production (he probably will, but he had less than two quarters of Foles in a game gameplanned for Trubs).

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

lmao Kelce will outscore Juju on his own

I don’t think there’s a fair trade for Kelce other than a top 5 RB or a top 5 WR plus something else and even then you would have to already have or be receiving a replacement TE.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I got offered his Tyreek Hill and any of his RBs (DJ, Gurley, Melvin, Hunt,) for Zeke. Here's my team, 0.5 PPR

QB: Murray, Brees
RB: Zeke, JT, Rojo, Latavius Murray, Lindsay
WR: Godwin, Golladay, Woods, Lamb, MVS

Just wanted to run it by you guys first.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
I dunno, man. I think that’s a step down from where you’re at. Zeke can carry your team a lot of weeks, and I don’t know if Hill is enough to get him, considering your WRs. I feel like this is an opportunistic play they’re making because Godwin may miss a couple weeks.

Maybe other goons will disagree. Tough call.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Drop Anthony Miller to pick up Brandin Cooks? I like Houston’s matchup with Minnesota this week and my roster got turbofucked. 1-2 and playing the #1 and highest scoring team this week

1 QB 2 WR 1 RB 1 TE 2 FLX .5 PPR

Kyler Murray
Jeff Wilson
Michael Gallup
DJ Chark
Travis Kelce
FLX 1 Joshua Kelley
FLX 2 Anthony Miller

Bench

Michael Thomas (Out)
Jonnu Smith (No game)
Conner (No game)
AJ Brown (No game)
Diontae Johnson (No game)

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 3, 2020

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Doppelganger posted:

I got offered his Tyreek Hill and any of his RBs (DJ, Gurley, Melvin, Hunt,) for Zeke. Here's my team, 0.5 PPR

QB: Murray, Brees
RB: Zeke, JT, Rojo, Latavius Murray, Lindsay
WR: Godwin, Golladay, Woods, Lamb, MVS

Just wanted to run it by you guys first.

I wouldn't, Godwin and Golladay will be good once they are healthy at the same time, but even Golladay and Woods should be fine, while going from Zeke to any of those RB is a major downgrade and you only have two worthwhile RB as is.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I wouldn’t trade Zeke unless it included draft picks. He and Kamara are like the last studs left.

Aaron Jones maybe

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

I wouldn’t trade Zeke unless it included draft picks. He and Kamara are like the last studs left.

Aaron Jones maybe

James Robinson. :colbert:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

James Robinson. :colbert:

I offered up my Sir James + Gesicki for his Zeke. He said he threw up a little in his mouth but upon a second look that “the numbers weren’t too far off”.

I don’t blame him.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Keith Atherton posted:

Drop Anthony Miller to pick up Brandin Cooks?

I'd do it but I'm still a believer in the Houston offense. They had a really bad 3 game schedule and are going to bounce back. Watson hasn't looked bad and is still the same guy.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Should I be starting Chris Carson if he goes on Sunday? I have Jeff Wilson, Ingram, and..others to be dropped soon on the bench right now.

Also, since my waiver wire is pretty much empty of better running backs, I was looking at picking up Cam Akers to sit on the bench. Is that a thing? I know Henderson is playing very well already, but Akers was no.1 before he got hurt?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Okay who the gently caress let the Chargers doctor near Mixon

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1312408359774060544

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
And in case you missed it, NFL says Pats Chiefs will be rescheduled to Monday or Tuesday but pending additional tests. Chiefs practice squad QB also tested positive sooo

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1312423124932218881

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That game will not be played.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
When I was a kid, my dad picked up a suitcase and walked to the front door.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"To buy a pack of cigarettes," he replied.

"When will you be back?"

"Monday or Tuesday."

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
League commissioner has a standing policy that any player can just forfeit the season for any COVID reason and call it a day. A couple more weeks of this and I think the NFL will do it for us.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Fuuuck I have Mahomes. Grabbed Herbert. Other options are Carr, Daniel Jones, Teddy, Mullens, Haskins, Nick Foles...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Fitzmagic is my Mahomes replacement in two leagues.

Let's Not Go Seattle Secondary!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I only have to worry about Butker in two leagues.

Lets go uuuuuuh Matt Prater I guess?

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
The guy I'm playing this week has Kelce as his only TE. Our league has a 24 hour waiver period for any dropped player. I'm seriously considering chaining TE add/drops to keep him from being able to pick up someone else in case the Chiefs don't play. For what it's worth, every other team in the league looks fine at TE so I think it would only be loving over my opponent.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

fanny packrat posted:

The guy I'm playing this week has Kelce as his only TE. Our league has a 24 hour waiver period for any dropped player. I'm seriously considering chaining TE add/drops to keep him from being able to pick up someone else in case the Chiefs don't play. For what it's worth, every other team in the league looks fine at TE so I think it would only be loving over my opponent.

Most leagues will send drops straight to free agency rather than waivers if they aren't held for longer than 24 hours. You'd just be loving over your own bench for whoever you dropped to get the chain rolling.

Plus it's absurdly bad karma, he is already going from #1 to waivers in a lovely poo poo position

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Poque posted:

Most leagues will send drops straight to free agency rather than waivers if they aren't held for longer than 24 hours. You'd just be loving over your own bench for whoever you dropped to get the chain rolling.

Plus it's absurdly bad karma, he is already going from #1 to waivers in a lovely poo poo position

I don't see any indication about the 24 hour straight-to-FA in our league settings, and I've been carrying Lindsay for RB depth so I wouldn't feel too bad about losing him. And yeah, this would probably make me pretty unpopular in our league, but there isn't any owner-owner interaction. There's maybe one trade per season, and when I propose them I don't even get counters.

I probably won't end up doing it, but if a similar situation comes up later in the season I'll jump on it. If loving over someone who made a strategic mistake gets me into the playoffs, or helps me advance, I'm all over that.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Man normally i'm fine with that strat, but idk how i feel about doing that during covid season where we are seeing basically 4 teams suddenly get their poo poo scrambled and bye weeks moved in like a days notice.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
I'm already down Derrick Henry and Jonnu, and now I'm looking at losing CEH and Tyreek, too. I think my team is cursed.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

fanny packrat posted:

I don't see any indication about the 24 hour straight-to-FA in our league settings, and I've been carrying Lindsay for RB depth so I wouldn't feel too bad about losing him.

If you're on ESPN or Yahoo, it won't work. It's not a setting that can be changed, it's baked into their waiver systems to about just what you're considering. Not sure about the other platforms.

It's also lame, but that's a secondary issue.

E: if you want to pick up the best option and hold overnight to release later, the system will let you do that, and I think that's fair play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Y'all I know there are way more important things in the world than fantasy football, but this is how we like to spend some time and "relax". But even though every year there's always a bit of luck involved, I just have a feeling that if we do get to complete a full season, whoever wins your various leagues is probably the one who got the luckiest as far as team COVID health and personal injuries. That's not to say we don't still try to compete through last minute waiver pickups, but this is going to be a weird and random as hell season. It may not be an asterisk season but it's definitely a WTF season.