Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Doing tutorial island:

My spouse was landed and therefore hanging out in her own county in England. She lost her titles via some manner (although she retains some claims) but now she's in some random completely unrelated county halfway across the map, too far to interact with.

She is unlanded. She is the only living member of her house.

Why the heck is she over in Falkenstein instead of in goddamn Ireland and how the hell do I get her back so that I get council benefits?

She's homosexual but has 6 kids (one theoretically from me) and I caught her having an affair with Harold (who is probably the dad of that one kid lol, but it did give me a strong hook on her), so I don't think that's anything to do with it.

Edit: I've also failed umpteen 60% chances to sway my lovely goddamn bishop in a row. What the hell? I guess I should kill him.

Edit 2: He Dead. Wife still chilling in HRE.

Edit 2: She died, so whatever I guess. Still want to know why the heck that happened!

ssb fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Oct 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Listen man, I feel you but it's just kinda hard to take you seriously

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Dude's so oppressed by the kaiser he can't even afford clothes. I'd help him out.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The state of play after 12 years:

I tell myself, I'm keeping to my old endgame condition of founding a university... just my sixth one of those. Does Constantinople have one lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The state of play after 12 years:

I tell myself, I'm keeping to my old endgame condition of founding a university... just my sixth one of those. Does Constantinople have one lol

Nasty rear end borders. Clean that poo poo up.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

I made the Kingdom of Ireland for the first time since I did the tutorial in CK2.

Now I really don't know what to do other than try out the wonky Tanistry Elective to see how that works. I picked it and some random cousin got elected, which seems to basically be the deal. It's kind of interesting but I really have no idea how to prepare for this other than being really micromanagey with marriages and just go full eugenics and go for inheritable traits across the entire dynasty.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

hey alexios, want to share some of those traits with the rest of the class?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

BBJoey posted:

House BiohazardNuclear does not share!

edit: whoops

ssb fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Oct 3, 2020

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

My vassals have really snowballed my realm size. Pretty much from ~18k troops up to over 40k over maybe a century. I hold almost all of northern Europe and Britannia. Someone even went and bothered to conquer Iceland. I'm considering once I get primogeniture just handing out all the king titles to family and making them all independent to get the many crowns thing.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
So is there a good way to destabilize an elective realm in the game? I can basically kill one Holy Roman Emperor per year but it does nothing to actually break up the blob...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The more I look at it the more I laugh at how many times "Kanem-Bornu" is printed on one screenshot, also "Friuli"

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I took over England and ended up accidentally acquiring 2 small counties in Denmark. They're super out of my way, I don't want them, I am not getting almost any money from them, and every war I'm in they immediately get attacked and held because they're so far away. I also can't give the title away or make them independent because they belong to one of my dukes. What do I do?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

If they're held by a count, you can retract the vassal from your duke and then grant them independence (this would only be a -5 tyranny penalty). If they're directly held by the duke you can revoke the title (fabricating a claim will prevent tyranny)

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

So my vassal managed to make his own daughter a concubine somehow. That is the unreformed version of Ásatrú, and I have no mods running, so I have no idea how this happened.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

BBJoey posted:

look when the primary reference anyone has on your personality is a book written by your kid, things are going to get somehow both very detailed and completely unrealistic

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Went to a feast where I witnessed my 16 year old daughter getting it on with an 85 year old vassal. My only choice was to lustily imagine what they were getting up to... and lose some stress imagining it. Strange things excite my character.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

My Portugal game was getting a bit stagnant so after doing a few Crusades, strengthening the bloodline, and getting Dynasty of Many Crowns, my Genius, Pretty, Amazonian Empress of Hispania who came to power at age 16 decided, in her mid 70s to found a new religion of militant nudists. Just lol if you aren’t having a 93 year old obese nude woman lead your troops into battle against the Pope.

ThatJesus
May 30, 2009
The one thing I really, really, really wish this game would give me is a warning when I'm about to lose my court physician because I'm granting them/their spouse a title. I've done it like.. 5 times now. And after the first time I said to myself, OK, I'll keep an eye out for that next time. Nope.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

How's this

How long do truces last, I wonder how many bites at the Byzantines I have left.

It doesn't seem right but I have a perfectly valid de jure claim on Constantinople right now lol, I was thinking about timing to take it in 1453 lol

Edit: lol I wonder how the Byzantines feel about all this

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Oct 3, 2020

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Anyone else having a weird issue where random pagan counts with high learning but only one county reform their faith (then usually get instantly crushed?)

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I wonder if AI rulers understand how to allocate perks outside their focus. I just had a ruler die and was succeeded by her daughter who had two perks not chosen, both were outside her main focus (diplomacy). I suspect she received these perks from Grand Rites, I pretty much take the free perk option 100% of the time.

Also it's pretty great when you get invited to the Grand Rites of other witches, it's even more free perks. Converting nearly my whole realm to witchcraft has really paid off.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
I've played tribals for some time and now Bohemian feudal 1066 campaign goes very slowly for me. My king was very military-minded so I joined all the wars galloping around being cool.

So... What do Feudal lords do with all that prestige?

I only see it being used for declarations of war. But my liege is the most successful HRE ever raising imperial authority to level 3 making sure I can't expand inside of HRE. Also he's my friend (remember, I helped in all the wars) so I can't faction him into lowering crown authority and he has no secrets for me to turn into hooks. Neighbours like Poland are pious and I can't get a proper claim - I'm not going to start a kingdom on kingdom war over some backward county.

My gallant strategist king is old now and he's learning accounting cause there's seem no way to be expanding outside :(

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Is there a way to make OPM kingdoms for Dynasty Points purposes?

Dorstein
Dec 8, 2000
GIP VSO

Fat Samurai posted:

Is there a way to make OPM kingdoms for Dynasty Points purposes?

Find small kingdoms to grant independence. Brittany, Wales, Navarra, Great Moravia, etc.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

ulmont posted:

So is there a good way to destabilize an elective realm in the game? I can basically kill one Holy Roman Emperor per year but it does nothing to actually break up the blob...

Elective Realms have always been annoyingly stable in CK. I hope Paradox adds some events around elections to make them more exciting and dangerous, especially when they're close run. Secrets should be getting revealed, electors getting bribed or murdered, that kind of thing. Successions in general could do with being bigger events.

On a similar note, does anyone know what drives the A.I's choice in elections? CKII had a summary of all the factors on what drove the choice, along with how that stood to the nearest contender, it was pretty useful.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Ok I'm sorry, but I just ended up in a situation I legitimately don't understand.

I was quietly milling about in feudal-Iceland game, not doing a lot of conquering and just slowly grabbing territories on Ireland. Basically, not a lot going on. So when the pope called for the first crusade I was like "cool" and waddled my way over. I even seiged down two territories.

Then the crusade ended and I got offered to continue playing as the kingdom of Jerusalem (which I thought was just a generic event thing so I clicked it away without reading too closely). Suddenly I notice I'm getting inheritance pings, so I click to look more closely and uh,

How did my aunt end up the crusader queen of Jerusalem and why am I in line to inherit the entire thing? :wtc:

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

MiddleOne posted:

Ok I'm sorry, but I just ended up in a situation I legitimately don't understand.

I was quietly milling about in feudal-Iceland game, not doing a lot of conquering and just slowly grabbing territories on Ireland. Basically, not a lot going on. So when the pope called for the first crusade I was like "cool" and waddled my way over. I even seiged down two territories.

Then the crusade ended and I got offered to continue playing as the kingdom of Jerusalem (which I thought was just a generic event thing so I clicked it away without reading too closely). Suddenly I notice I'm getting inheritance pings, so I click to look more closely and uh,

How did my aunt end up the crusader queen of Jerusalem and why am I in line to inherit the entire thing? :wtc:

You won the crusade and were the crusader with the highest individual contribution, so your beneficiary got named King/Queen of Jerusalem. The beneficiary has to be someone from your dynasty who is not landed nor in line to inherit titles, so it has a tendency to be a female relative . If they don't have any kids, it's going to trace inheritance to the nearest living relative, which in this case if you.

If you didn't pick this aunt as a beneficiary, I guess maybe it auto picks one for you in the event you win.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

My nephew loving owns

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

GoodluckJonathan posted:

My nephew loving owns

I literally always choose the "side with your vassal" option, except the one time I was trying to provoke one to rebel. (He didn't, spineless)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

imagine being such a bitchmade ruler you send a sternly worded letter demanding satisfaction instead of a declaration of war

those AI have it coming

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Since the second patch the other day i'm having a weird issue. If I have the game paused and leave it for around 5 minutes I can't unpause. The game still 'works', I can move the mouse and even open up like character panels and go into menus. I just can't unpause. I have to restart the game completely. Reloading doesn't work. Anyone else getting this?

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Vinny Possum posted:

Anyone else having a weird issue where random pagan counts with high learning but only one county reform their faith (then usually get instantly crushed?)

Yeah, getting this. I heard it was something about the patch, I think it stopped AI not reforming faiths when the new faith would have the same tenets and doctrines as the old faith. Seems like as soon as that went away people with no business reforming faiths started doing it willy-nilly.

Regarde Aduck, sorry, not getting that and hadn't heard about it. Have you tried validating / reinstalling, or turning off all your mods yet?

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
I had conquered all of the British isles and most of France and then founded my own religion for the achievement. The pope declared a crusade against me and all of Europe got wasted by my upgraded MaA.

After they resoundingly lose, I had 79 prisoners to ransom. Noice.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

It's really annoying that heresies of the big Faith's always seem to be at 100% fervor. In my game Insular Christianity has taken over all of the British Isles, and have pockets of adherents on the mainland as well. In addition to the fervor difference Insular also has a 30% conversion resistance, and so a single province takes 25 years of my Bishop's time to convert, which is ridiculous.

Do heresies just not get the sinful clergy events or whatever? Nobody is holy warring them, I don't know why it pegs so high.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
Has anyone else found that the new patch had made moving around the map really jerky all of a sudden? It'll scroll smoothly for a bit and then jump a few frames. Same with zooming in. I also tried zooming to a county by clicking on the title and the game crashed. Is there a way to roll back on Gamepass? I'd like to play a bit more before the next patch.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

PittTheElder posted:

It's really annoying that heresies of the big Faith's always seem to be at 100% fervor. In my game Insular Christianity has taken over all of the British Isles, and have pockets of adherents on the mainland as well. In addition to the fervor difference Insular also has a 30% conversion resistance, and so a single province takes 25 years of my Bishop's time to convert, which is ridiculous.

Do heresies just not get the sinful clergy events or whatever? Nobody is holy warring them, I don't know why it pegs so high.

The Fervor growth over time is based on the religion's size; smaller faiths have it grow faster. I'm sure this was done with good intentions, but the effect is just that any faith smaller than, say, Orthodoxy has 100% Fervor always.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

ilitarist posted:

I've played tribals for some time and now Bohemian feudal 1066 campaign goes very slowly for me. My king was very military-minded so I joined all the wars galloping around being cool.

So... What do Feudal lords do with all that prestige?

I only see it being used for declarations of war. But my liege is the most successful HRE ever raising imperial authority to level 3 making sure I can't expand inside of HRE. Also he's my friend (remember, I helped in all the wars) so I can't faction him into lowering crown authority and he has no secrets for me to turn into hooks. Neighbours like Poland are pious and I can't get a proper claim - I'm not going to start a kingdom on kingdom war over some backward county.

My gallant strategist king is old now and he's learning accounting cause there's seem no way to be expanding outside :(

You should be able to modify your contract to allow war

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
The Pope's crusade targeting ability is very bad, he keeps calling crusades for Jerusalem and Syria, when Christianity is very clearly not in retreat as you can see here... Meanwhile the muslims are all the way up to the Pyrenees in Iberia and no help there

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Game owns when it makes History Come Alive, the Ottomans were no Kanem-Bornu but I imagine the 15th century Byzantine emperors felt the same way when confronting a similar map

I am still not entirely sure how the combat math works but I am assuming 193 attack 50 defense crossbowmen are pretty good lol, I added one stack of light horsemen and every battle is literally 100% fatal casualties

With this war I should be able to create the Kingdoms of Croatia, Serbia, and Bulgaria along with Thessalonika, with my shorter truce perk I should have one more bite at the cherry and will be able to consolidate in a de jure war unless some weird stuff happens. I was planning on taking the last of Friuli's holdings with a de jure war for the Kingdom of Italy but they hit the time threshold where they became their own kingdom so the casus belli didn't cover them anymore... so I just Force Vassalize Wardec'd them :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

yikes! posted:

You should be able to modify your contract to allow war

You saved me!