Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

uniball posted:

i suppose this bumper sticker i had printed for our PUBG cars-only crew back in the day is relevant here as well

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

:ck5:

Bravo

Also, mods, please add GooseFlock badge, thanks!

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

uniball posted:

i suppose this bumper sticker i had printed for our PUBG cars-only crew back in the day is relevant here as well

There was a good one made for a bumper sticker thread in GBS some years ago:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Khris Kruel posted:

so to get everyone an opsec free AAR of what happened today.

SHH kept pushing back their alarm clocking to try and take the gatecamp grid. VVV didn't really believe us when we said they were coming for the grid 3 hours prior to the timer, well now they know. We tried.

To break the gatecamp, they switched to autocannons on all of their stabbers. We lost the gatecamp pretty handily, which gave them a large ego boost as they sat on the station camping it for 2 hours.

During those two hours our operations was in full swing working strategy with all our allies. SHH never switched back to strike cannons, keeping their fits and thinking there was no way they could lose now. They had the grid and could blow up anyone on the undock. ZTH showed up with a handful of BC's to help.

VVV was running psyops in local, saying they had no FC and that it was chinese holiday, they just wanted to shop. We honked in local, which drove them insane, because we just lost a bunch of omens? What do we have to honk about?

All our allies converged at once as the station timer hit. We outnumbered them easily 3:1. Because they were autocannon fitted, NORF was able to snipe the gently caress out of them with their strike cannons on one side, and 200 angry chinese nerds undocked from the station and shot them at close range. They got distracted from the timer and were not able to rush it, and they eventually went for it and whelped into our warm embrace at the station.

We easily held the timer, we destroyed angry space racists, and they began blaming each other on comms as soon as it looked dire.

So what do we do now? Go back to deklein, destroy their bases, destroy their miners, and make sure to post your killmails in local.

NEVER STOP HONKING

I don't suppose you got some juicy leaks from their discord/comms?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Hold on let me fart into a mic

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Snail Information posted:

I don't suppose you got some juicy leaks from their discord/comms?

Someday I'll post a bunch of leaks

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Kris you tease

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Wow, those guys had some terrible opsec if we managed to get access to this Intel

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Got the invite to the guild. Now to venture into the scary places to see what’s out there, and probably die horribly in the process.

How bad are the free trainer versions of the ships? Specifically the trainer version of the Caracal cruiser? Just wondering if running around with that is adequate for some ratting for now.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

delfin posted:

In Discord, it's been theorized that the Elites there won't drop scrams unless they are given an opportunity to use them. Even then it's far from certain, but it may be more likely.

So if you're popping little Elites at 45km like I've been doing, maybe that's the wrong approach. Further testing and anecdata are welcome.

I actually thought of this and let a couple of the elites scram me, but no dice.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Orvin posted:

Got the invite to the guild. Now to venture into the scary places to see what’s out there, and probably die horribly in the process.

How bad are the free trainer versions of the ships? Specifically the trainer version of the Caracal cruiser? Just wondering if running around with that is adequate for some ratting for now.

They're "adequate" but not a replacement for a real cruiser. The alliance will give you a real cruiser for free so there is literally no reason to use the trainer except to fly it to the station to pick up the real one.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

You can use insurance vouchers on trainers, if you plan on doing something very likely to get you killed and the extras wont matter a trainer is the perfect ship. Their use is pretty niche in goosefleet, get a real one for free.

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

Just to keep you coming back for more. The wife yelled at me the other day because it was my "7th poo poo of the day". I just keep toilet eve-ing though it's my only escape. Best game. BEST DRAMA

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Orvin posted:

The trainers are fine, basically a slightly weaker version of their non-trainer version, down a slot somewhere for example the Caracal trainer has fewer lows as does the Maller trainer (which I'm a particular fan of since even though it's a 80million isk hull, it's fully insurable and has an awesome free skin) but yeah you can totally run anoms in them particularly if you are running with a group, though if you are a goose you might as well get a free Omen and use that you until get enough isk/eggs to buy a more serious ratting/missioning boat.

Skex fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 2, 2020

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Contrast with where we currently are:

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hahahahahahahahah

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Hey I think we lost the fight in Y-Z. They killed 23 bazillion ships and inflicted over 16 kajillion isk in damage while only losing 2 ships.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

The Saddest Robot posted:

Hey I think we lost the fight in Y-Z. They killed 23 bazillion ships and inflicted over 16 kajillion isk in damage while only losing 2 ships.

Well you see, shooting down 200 trainers is the exact equivalent as losing three guardian moas. There is no difference between these things.

jaken97
Aug 1, 2013

Hell Gem

that is simultaneously great and awful, in other words, perfect

:honk:

Dox023
Feb 23, 2009
I am kinda salty that I missed the citadel defense this morning due to work. Missed my quota of racists shot last month too. Hopefully there will be some fun fights on the days off I have coming up soon.

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

OniPanda posted:

Well you see, shooting down 200 trainers is the exact equivalent as losing three guardian moas. There is no difference between these things.

Yeah I cant believe they are arguing this and there isnt more people calling them stupid (there are people calling them stupid, but there should be more).

If it was such a success lets hope they go again next week...

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

yes let's do that on repeat forever it'll be fun, and netease will make a ton of money and these guys will lose their houses. If they want to literally put their money weird their mouth is for shaming people for using in game currently over USD.

How hosed up are these guys that they gloat about spending $600 on a ship?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

That's extremely good

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

CubicalSucrose posted:

this is so good

DRWN
Aug 29, 2020

CubicalSucrose posted:

Lovely indeed.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

CubicalSucrose posted:

:golfclap: this is fantastic

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

:sickos:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol that is amazing.

Sivias
Dec 12, 2006

I think we can just sit around and just talk about our feelings.
So I've setup shop in Alikara and I've been hopping around the nearby .5 and .6 looking for pyro, as per the wiki *honk*

I've got a question about mining etiquette. If I warp into a belt with someone mining a pyro already, is it fair game for me to start drinking that milkshake?
Also, with the quantity of Pyro I'm actually able to pick up, is it better to turn it in for the Mining encounter (200k?), or save it to sell/reprocess/flush it later?

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Sivias posted:

So I've setup shop in Alikara and I've been hopping around the nearby .5 and .6 looking for pyro, as per the wiki *honk*

I've got a question about mining etiquette. If I warp into a belt with someone mining a pyro already, is it fair game for me to start drinking that milkshake?
Also, with the quantity of Pyro I'm actually able to pick up, is it better to turn it in for the Mining encounter (200k?), or save it to sell/reprocess/flush it later?

gently caress pubbies, get minerals. Steal what you can, when you can.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Sivias posted:

it's free-for-all man, just mine poo poo. the mining encounters are pretty good isk by hisec mining standards but really, if you want the good ore you need to find a quiet corner of nullsec and get cracking on crokite

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Sivias posted:

The best way is to fit your venture for ganking other ventures, then transfer the ore in their hold to yours.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Hello Sailor posted:

The best way is to fit your venture for ganking other ventures, then transfer the ore in their hold to yours.

this, really. a venture can fit 3x medium rapid launchers for DPS roughly equivalent to a destroyer. fit a ballistic control, prop mod, a bit of tank and as many warp disruptors as you can and you'll be golden.

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid

Just came to re-honk this kill

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

raining deadspace mods in dek

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

:frogsiren: :frogsiren: defense fleet needed in W-UQA5 right god damned now :frogsiren: :frogsiren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Everyone, we have word there was a possible leak that W-U is an important system to us. Spread the word