Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
So now they don't want the actual talent to be paid for their work and have no problem with them being strong armed for the money they earned themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Also the subreddit for racism, homophobia, transphobia, and misogyny under the guise of “””””parody”””””

They had a week long meltdown over discovering that Cody's mom is Cuban when he was in the background of an innocuous "happy Hispanic heritage month" tweet from AEW and tried to hide it behind "Cody putting himself front and center once again." Also one of their favorite running "jokes" is that Roman is cucking Moxley. But they aren't a reactionary echo chamber! They're just making fun of the AEW marks over on r/SC!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You can feel the tears behind every post in that place.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/notnotcolby/status/1312127553675517954

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Impact has survived like 8 different extinction events that should have closed the company and they're still trucking on. It's truly inspiring

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't think about Impact at all.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

How is Impact still able to pay for all their contracts?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TV Zombie posted:

:shrug:

But people said that Impact was still paying them during the pandemic and they've also managed to keep bringing more people in

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/Jon02149647/status/1312129199470067713

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You really wanna see some sparks, tell an Impact fan that AEW is objectively more successful than Impact ever was.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

TV Zombie posted:

They have an almost supernatural ability to dupe investors and money marks

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
fwiw they actually seem to be doing pretty well on TV - not outstanding by any means but considering where they've been in the not to distant past they probably are very happy with these numbers.

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1312445927827759105?s=20

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I refuse to believe anyone thinks about Impact enough to hate on it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Impact has a real solid women's roster, I'd honestly say it's better overall than AEW's right now.

RealFoxy posted:

Impact has survived like 8 different extinction events that should have closed the company and they're still trucking on. It's truly inspiring

Truly, they are the cockroach of the wrestling industry.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

JT Smiley posted:

I refuse to believe anyone thinks about Impact enough to hate on it.

My theory is that some people "loltna" for the same reason some people watch RAW. Or fight for Impact for that matter, especially against AEW. Old habits are comforting even after you've moved past them.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
when you’re in charge of impact wrestling fka TNA

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1312233807991496704

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

IceAgeComing posted:

fwiw they actually seem to be doing pretty well on TV - not outstanding by any means but considering where they've been in the not to distant past they probably are very happy with these numbers.

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1312445927827759105?s=20

The numbers are worse than NJPW was doing at its peak on Axs and basically the same as at the end of the run when they stopped promoting it.

So I doubt Anthem is happy they bought the company, lost a ton of money, had to buy a network to get it on TV and are getting the same viewership as lame duck New Japan.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

So I doubt Anthem is happy they bought the company, lost a ton of money, had to buy a network to get it on TV and are getting the same viewership as lame duck New Japan.

Anthem are testing out a bold new strategy to see how long they can get away with poor results before googling "Anthem disaster" stops bringing up the video game instead.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...web2x&context=3

From "ShotgunPaul" on Wreddit Re: Joey Ryan:

If you watch his video, he makes good cases for some of the accusations being false, providing text messages and such. I have a hard time believing that none of the accusations are legitimate though.

If he wins his lawsuits, in addition to money he also will have enough deniability to get back into wrestling. Not with serious promotions, but some will bring him in.

Ah yes, that video where he obliviously confessed multiple times and his "evidence" against the anonymous accusers (some of whom he outed with the lawsuits) is all made up of undated texts/receipts (both figurative and actual receipts) with no real context, to the point there's no way of knowing that they're what he says they are.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

they are correct inasmuch as the lawsuits are transparently an attempt to turn the accusations into a “shades of gray” situation in the public’s eye and start getting booked again

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

reddit user NotReady4Asuka posted:

Keeping your Twitch but only making money on there because you are famous should be nothing less than a negotiating piece. The Main Eventers can get it put in their contracts they get to keep theirs, just as Wrestling has always been, and needs to continue to be. Jobbers shouldn't be making money on this poo poo, the company should.

Long time coming. Had it with watching non Main Eventers make money like this just cause they are on the only show people actually watch. Force these assholes to have to actually work again, and a lot of the complacency will go away. Not everyone had everything handed to them like Hogan, so everyone else had to work, and that made it a better show. You want money, go loving earn it.

They only have fame to make that money because of the company they work for. They will still get a cut, which is all they deserve. The WWE created that money.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I'm honestly not sure what this person thinks is happening.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Greedy jobbers stealing Vince's hard earned money

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

seems like someone with terminal vincebrain posted that, from the idea that the WWE brand is the only reason people care about wrestlers outside of the main event when one of the universal truths of wrestling is that everybody is someone's favorite wrestler, just look at all the people who love yoshi-hashi in the nooj threads and all the brandon cutler maniacs out there.

wrestlers have always had multiple revenue streams, in the old days you'd just have a day job unless you were a mega star, even bob backlund when he was WWF champion was a roofer iirc at the same time, this is even without getting into merch, gimmicks, autographs ect.

WWE's obsession with control over wrestlers is just another sick contortion that they've placed onto wrestling in an attempt to mold it into their own image.

Not even getting into the fact that being a jobber is a noble art and without them there would be no professional wrestling.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If Matt Cardona still worked for WWE, Vince would now be insisting on a cut of all his action figure re-sells.

Hell, Vince might go ahead and demand a cut anyway.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

davidbix posted:

I'm honestly not sure what this person thinks is happening.

WWE is a cult and they've progressed to the stage where members are expected to give up their worldly possessions to the leader or be shunned.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

This dude has terminal bootpolish poisoning

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

WWE is a cult and they've progressed to the stage where members are expected to give up their worldly possessions to the leader or be shunned.

Vince: What do you think of Triple H?
Seth: Oh he's great, he was a real help to me whe-
Vince: He's a toxic person and no member of the WWE Universe is to have anything to do with him!

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Vince: What do you think of Triple H?
Seth: Oh he's great, he was a real help to me whe-
Vince: He's a toxic person and no member of the WWE Universe is to have anything to do with him!
Seth:...Right, yeah, now that you mention it he did seem pretty toxic, yeah!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hoss Corncave posted:

Seth:...Right, yeah, now that you mention it he did seem pretty toxic, yeah!

Cedric Alexander is quietly concerned, but shortly after Mustafa Ali's head explodes during chaotic scenes at an Andrew Yang court hearing on WWE independent contractor status.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Cedric Alexander is quietly concerned, but shortly after Mustafa Ali's head explodes during chaotic scenes at an Andrew Yang court hearing on WWE independent contractor status.

As Mox turns from the TV and rests his hands on a nearby table looking up angrily.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Jerusalem posted:

If Matt Cardona still worked for WWE, Vince would now be insisting on a cut of all his action figure re-sells.

Hell, Vince might go ahead and demand a cut anyway.

Instead, he and Myers are about to get Super7 figures released of themselves - https://www.ringsidecollectibles.com/super-7-ultimates-wrestling-figures.html

Even before they got fired, it seems Cardona was smart about everything and learned his lesson from WWE utterly loving him over on Z True Long Island Story. They started the podcast using their real names and were very careful about letting it connect to WWE at all.

Also, while still under contract they were nice about Mattel and WWE figures, but now that they're free agents they're free to talk about how much those figures suck and don't promote them as much anymore.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
From the F4W recap of Takeover

quote:

After the match, KUSHIDA didn't let up on Dream and kept striking him. He laid in hard palm strikes and elbows, then kept locking on arm submissions. This KUSHIDA is so much more interesting than who we saw in NJPW. Really good match all around.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

From the F4W recap of Takeover

Interesting way of admitting that you've never watched KUSHIDA in New Japan.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/kpm584/status/1313082981129519105?s=20

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
meltzer needs to completely rewrite the rules behind his HOF because vince can't book for poo poo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Why would sports entertainers want to be in a wrestling hall of fame? :thunkher:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I honestly kind of get what that guy is saying, that if the biggest game in town isn't going by what your criteria are, your criteria are the issue. But at where we are right now with Wrestling my opinion on it is actually that WWE isn't wrestling so adapting to them would be stupid regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I don't know near enough about Meltzer's criteria or who gets in and who doesn't to evaluate it but in theory I don't think there's anything wrong with the idea of adjusting industry judgments if the industry itself changes for better or worse. Like that's kind of a common debate in sports Hall of Fame discussion all the time. Stats can look more or less impressive depending on what everyone else is doing during that era.

But again, I don't know if that applies to Meltzer's at this time. Just speaking in general.