Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Phy posted:

Is mineral oil generally ok to use as a lubricant for plastic joints? Shoulder on my Peru Kill (movie Lockdown) is gettin real stiff and creaky.

E: I also have 3-in-1, PB Blaster, white grease, various motor oils, canola and olive oils lol. I remember reading that FT Sheridan used a silicone-based lube in spots but that's the one thing I don't have on hand.

Mineral oil will gunk up and get sticky over time. Silicone based lubricant would be best. A little goes a long way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Lots of people recommend silicone based remote control car shock oil. I know that's the one you don't have but that's all I got.

No worries. I'm near a shop that sells rc stuff, should be able to pick some of that up later this week.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Xenomrph posted:

I didn’t realize they had a relationship with Hasbro.

I think it's also why they don't immediately post entries for leaked toys.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
In addition, 3P coverage would easily provoke edit wars and using the wiki as an advertising platform/battleground for 3P and fandom rivalries.

Threeps are like fanfiction. Some of it is quite good, but it's far outside the scope. In fact, Ask Vector Prime was used to game the wiki a fair bit by serving as a canon platform for fanfiction.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
My cat has decided to make a friend

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Steve Vader posted:

So, this might be a stupid thing that no one wants to do, but as a casual observer who has only a couple of Transformers as an adult but loves seeing them and wishes he had the kind of money and space where he could buy one quintessential version of each G1 character to display, would folks be willing to brainstorm the list of Best Modern G1 Representation Figures? Preferably all in approximate scale with each other (or as best as possible). I don't really understand the "class" distinctions like Voyager or Legends or whatever, but I assume it's a scale difference.

One of the other problems with this list is kinda "Do you want better toys or accuracy to G1 look, and then do you want accuracy to the toys or the show?"

Like the better updated G1 toy of Jetfire is the Generations one, but the better toy of the show one is the Siege one.

Also which Optimus do you want? Do you just want the best G1 show Optimus, or do you want all three of his toy variations (Reg, Powermaster, and Laser)?

And what if the toys suck, like most Ironhides? (I think the latest one is good?)

Do you care about Vehicle modes or just robots? Cause PotP Rodimus Prime is really good in his vehicle mode, but his robot mode has issues.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Phy posted:

My cat has decided to make a friend

He would heed the call of the last Prime, but sorry, can’t move right now. Them’s the rules. :3:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So, this Quintesson Pit of Judgement is definitely a Screen Series set, Transformers: The Movie is all over the packaging and instructions. This isn't so much a complaint as a confirmation (to me, anyway) that the Screen Series is gonna have the rest of the War For Cybertron line that doesn't fit in the main line but isn't obscure enough for the Selects line.

I'm fine with it, but my wallet's not.

EDIT: I really like the Judge, having a Quintesson after all these years is rad, but the Bailiff is a chonky berserker and I love him the Allicon arms aren't really a problem, if you have them pointing backwards, they blend in with his pauldron spikes perfectly.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 4, 2020

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I guess there's just always going to be four Datsun Bros. now. I don't think we've even seen Prowl yet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Prowl is in the Amazon 2 pack with Ironhide.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Knormal posted:

I guess there's just always going to be four Datsun Bros. now. I don't think we've even seen Prowl yet.
I am fine with this and might just get Barricade for this mould.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Prowl is in the Amazon 2 pack with Ironhide.
Oh yeah, duh. I even have that on preorder. I'm losing track of all these Bros.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Knormal posted:

I love that ACAB Barricade is part of g1+ now, but I hate that he just uses Prowl's face. He needs a facemask that resembles the movie version, goddamn it

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

There's also still 3 Earthrise Amazon sets to be announced, too.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Silhouette posted:

I love that ACAB Barricade is part of g1+ now, but I hate that he just uses Prowl's face. He needs a facemask that resembles the movie version, goddamn it
Weirdly the original comics appearence seems to be really similar to the recent Decepticon Mirage.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Silhouette posted:

I love that ACAB Barricade is part of g1+ now, but I hate that he just uses Prowl's face.

Smokescreen's face, he's got the same "John Cleese in The Holy Grail" helmet

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

It's based on some Guido Guidi fanart, right? He also did a version of G1 Drift based on Springer:

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Robot Style posted:

It's based on some Guido Guidi fanart, right? He also did a version of G1 Drift based on Springer:

Next con exclusive leaked

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

We could use a new Drift, honestly. He’s in the movies and Cyberverse, but the only G1-esque figure is the chunky 2010 one still.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Robot Style posted:

Phy posted:

Smokescreen's face, he's got the same "John Cleese in The Holy Grail" helmet
And boy are some people on TFW2005 pissed about him having the Smokescreen head for some reason. I figure it at least differentiates him a little more than just being an inverted Prowl.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

guido guidi does a lot of my favourite transformers art, and some of my favourite third party robots are the ones that look a lot like his art.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38DXc5cHC88

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It's here I wish for a more comics-accurate Nautica.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

The_Doctor posted:

We could use a new Drift, honestly. He’s in the movies and Cyberverse, but the only G1-esque figure is the chunky 2010 one still.

I always thought the 2010 figure was just about perfect, not sure how you top that. It's as much as I've ever liked a car TF.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Now this is my type of fan art. Sari and Bee are freaking me out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
FT Spacebus arrived today and

I'm flipping it. MPs are doing nothing for me anymore, I've been buying them out of compulsion. No more of that.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They could probably tighten up some stuff but there are absolutely some figures from the last decade that don't need to be touched up.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

BizarroAzrael posted:

I always thought the 2010 figure was just about perfect, not sure how you top that. It's as much as I've ever liked a car TF.

IMO his big stompy boots could be done a lot more elegantly, and his soft rubber swords are a bummer out of the box. He deserves better below-the-waist articulation.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Rhyno posted:

I'm flipping it. MPs are doing nothing for me anymore, I've been buying them out of compulsion. No more of that.

yeah i really wanted ft thomas but ive gone kind of cold on the idea. the prices are just too high and i dont know how much i want a triple changer that's scary to transform like FTs products are now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh no I want them all

https://twitter.com/autobase_aichi/status/1313616848747814913

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

I just want 50 of those gnaws.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Kenzo posted:

I forsee this being a common want.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Kenzo posted:

I think that's the same Gnaw you get 3 of with black Hot Rod?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Giant, green, the IQ of a vegetable... Omega is reminded of someone he knows

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Rhyno posted:

I'm actually looking to expand my MPs, I'm just not real familiar with the specific 3P figures. Lemme know if or when you pare down.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Rhyno posted:

Opposite for me. He's loving gorgeous and I am thrilled to finally have a quality MP Astrotrain in the house. Nothing stops this train.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Keldroc posted:

Nothing stops this train.

Extra weight does.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The_Doctor posted:

Extra weight does.

He was in shuttle mode. If he'd turned into a train everything would have been fine, but Astrotrain is pretty dumb.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Gnaw, Kup, Sky-bite, adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
The Zeta Coneheads are just the ToyWorld ones redone some, right?